Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• ficussficuss Posts: 541
    To everyone who is having the bad vibrations in their gas pedals: Try this, put the cruise control on at the speed at which you feel the vibration through the gas pedal. Take your foot off of the gas pedal and see if you still feel the vibration. Keep in mind now that everything is still the same except your foot is not on the gas. If you don't feel the vibration, it probably doesn't exist except at the point of contact between your foot and the pedal. If that is the case, it could just be the gas pedal vibrating very slightly. Remember, the gas pedal is not firmly connected to the engine with rods and linkages. There is nothing there to dampen any small movement or vibration of the pedal. Try this and let us know the results.

Frank
  • I perused through the list that John posted a week or so ago and ordered the mud flaps and the window visors. Installed both today. The flaps are an unqualified success. Look good with the Bravada logo and will definitely do the job. I'm not sure about the visors. They will allow the windows to be cracked when parked - a big advantage down here in the summer - but they are very noisy when driving with the windows down. I drive with the windows open this time of year, so I'll have to see.
  • rorodad: Please keep us up to date. This will make a lot of people happy if the fix really does work! And, it you can get your hands on the bulletin, you will receive forum member of the month award!!

Besides the member of the month award for rorodad, we will carry you around in one of those chairs with two poles that a king is carried on. This will be held aloft by 4 honor guards in full regalia with 7 virgins throwing rose pedals to lead the procession. All this while eager throngs of triplet owners will be waving and cheering and holding their babies up to catch a glimpse of the hero who solved this mystery.

GET THAT TSB NUMBER for the rest of us to reference. Thanks.
  • cmack4cmack4 Posts: 302
    Thanks for the pics! It looks like a pretty solid install... better than some of the other ones i've seen. I think I'm still going to hold off for now to see if a bull bar comes out for them.

I raised my headlights slightly and can confirm that the adjustment screw is vertical only. I noticed that mine were a tad low probably due to auto adjustments from the ecas suspension changing the aiming point..
  • icojones: Do you have any resistance in the washer button? Ours did not and they replaced a part in the button, exactly what I don't know, no paper work yet, it was to be mailed. It took about 2 weeks to get the part and 20 minutes to install.

I am anxiously waiting for the weather to give us a break to see if the wheel balancing fixed the vibration problem. Here in Indiana, we have 6 inches of snow and 40 MPH gusts since Friday, which equals 4 to 5' drifts especially in our 300' driveway. Enough of this winter!!
  • nuyorkahnuyorkah Posts: 100
    Here's something from the Associated Press.
    Another positive thing about Onstar.
    I'm sorry the man lost his life but atleast Onstar helped find the scum who did it.

"Three people accused of killing a man in Schenectady, taking his SUV, and then dumping his body in Manhattan were nabbed in Texas after the vehicle was located using an on board global positioning system.
    Daniel Jamison's Oldsmobile Bravada was outfitted with OnStar, which pinpointed the SUV in Eastland, Texas, on Monday. The trio found by police in the SUV were charged with second degree murder Friday.
    Schenectady police said Jamison, 52, was murdered by Stacy Adamson, 32; his Common-law wife, Taryn Blair Adamson, 19, and Chevena Polite, 16, at an apartment in Schenectady. Jaraison had arranged to have sex with one of the women at the house Feb. 1, police said.
    He was tied up and beaten to death over a period of time after refusing to provide the trio with money, according to police. AP"
  • cparise1cparise1 Posts: 109
    I pulled my '02 Envoy XL SLT a little too far into the garage this week and pushed into the snowblower handle thereby breaking off a small piece of the black grille louver. A new front grille will cost me about $325 tax included. Supposedly that's about 20% less that msrp. Fortunately, the piece of the grille that broke off can be expoxied or glued back on very discreetly once the warm spring weather comes. In the meantime I found out that an after market Denali grille can be had for about $225 tax included. The dealer is ordering it for me so I can evaluate it. I will check it out and report back on what I think of it with the particulars if anyone is interested.
    Overall, I have always been concerned about parking in the street and having other drivers park around my rig by "feel" and I think there is a need for some protection up front and in the rear as well.
    Chris
    PS. Don't know if anyone else checks out the GM accessory site often but I have long been waiting for the rear air deflector with incorporated brake light to become available for the XL. Looks like it is now available and I will call the dealer on Monday to confirm. I think the rear air deflector will improve the appearance of the vehicle from the rear and may keep the rear window cleaner.
    Chris
    "In the meantime I found out that an after market Denali grille can be had for about $225 tax included. The dealer is ordering it for me so I can evaluate it. I will check it out and report back on what I think of it with the particulars if anyone is interested.
    Overall, I have always been concerned about parking in the street and having other drivers park around my rig by "feel" and I think there is a need for some protection up front and in the rear as well."

Chris the aftermarket grille is probably just an insert that goes ontop of the factory grille to give the appearance of a Denali, but it will hide any defects in your grille. I've seen them and personally didn't like it. But you may. If this is the case and you
    do like it you can get them chepaer online one company that makes them is http://www.putco.com/designer/punchgrilles.shtml. Do a search
    I've seen them for around $120-140

There is protection for front and rear bumpers.
    Manik makes a full front brush guard as well as a Tube Style Nudge Rear Bar http://www.manik.com/bymake_detail.cfm?id=43&tname=GMC
    WAAG also makes what they call a Frontrunner as well as a rear bumper guard http://waag.com/showroom/104.php
  • Why do you guys own these vehicles? Did you not do your homework when you bought these things?
  • "Why do you guys own these vehicles?"

- Thats right, I forgot that the Explorer and Durango message boards have NO problems listed at all... please leave troll.
  • While I'm a Ford guy, my BIL has a Trailblazer, and it's a nice vehicle, so leave these guys alone. Trolls not welcome here.
  • ross1962ross1962 Posts: 229
    "Why do you guys own these vehicles?"

Because I just love to watch that Ford emblem get smaller and smaller in my rear view mirror.
    Nuyorkah,
    Thanks for the putco url. I hadn't heard of them before. Their prices are indeed lower probably by not going through the middle man. I had seen the non-logo cut out version on an Envoy last summer and I thought it looked good at that time. But as you said, its a matter of personal preference. I am still a long way from a firm grille purchase. I'll probably concentrate on the front and rear protection first.

I knew about the Waag accessories. I have my eye on the rear bumper guard and black rear tail light brush-guards. For front grille and bumper protection, my personal taste says to go with a solution that is visually low-impact, smallish, and black. My Envoy is Polo Green and appears almost black under low-light conditions so I think it'll end up looking pretty cool. I would have bought Black but was afraid it would be hard to keep clean but Polo Green shows all the dirt anyway.
    Chris
  • I was just about to buy a minivan (Sienna 2004) when my wife tells me that we should buy a bigger camping trailer. Thankfully, just on time. SUV or truck is now required. I look at the Canadian GM Site, and there is finally a decent offer on the Trailblazer LS, with the exact option package I want. This is a vehicle I always liked, but just outside my reach. I am talking to a dealer as we speak, but you guys scare the h... out of me! Should I buy???

What will a different axle ratio do the the vehicle? I know it allows a higher towing capability, but will it make a difference in gaz mileage, engine noise, ride, etc? Anyone with a Trailblazer with 4.10 axle ratio?
  • cparise1 did you get the rear air deflector part #12497618? I checked the chevy site to see if one was available for my 2002 trailblazer but they don't have one listed yet. Any chance this part number listed for the Envoy would work on a trailblazer?
  • My Envoy was carjacked from my driveway today with me being drug by it though the snow.

My daughter went out to clean the snow off my envoy and warm it up. She was outside for 15 minutes. She walked in the back door and I asked her if the key were still in it. She said yes so I went out the door, in less than 30 second. As I was walking down the steps, I saw someone in it and thought it was my son moving it so he could snowplow my spot. I opened the passenger door and was getting in to tell him I was leaving, not to worry about moving it. I have a very large and long driveway. I was half way in the car when the rear tires started spinning on the ice. I then realized it wasn't my son. With the tires smoking on the concrete I was drug half in half out of the suv to the end of our driveway over 80 feet, when the car hit the street the back end spun around and I rolled out the suv. I pulled myself up screaming to my daughter to call 911.

I called Onstar, and they told me that they couldn't tell me or the police where the car was because I hadn't paid the bill, but I have the cancelled check. They made me give them my credit card to tell the police where it was. They will be getting a call tomorrow for the way they treated me. I didn't have the time to argue it today.

The police were able to chase the envoy down, but it did a 360 and hit several cars in the process. The carjacker must not have known about the four wheel drive. The police took me to it to identify the carjacker and the envoy. They wouldn't let me near it, the closest I could get was about 150 feet away. The back bumper it ripped off and and the front end was up against another car. I didn't get to see the other side.

They then took me to the station where I identified the kid in a lineup. Because I identified him, he confessed and is locked up for robbery and assault and other things, I lost count.

Then I let them take me to the hospital. I have a bad back sprain, alot of pulled mussles. They gave me alot of drugs, so if there is spelling mistakes, I sorry, but I feel a little like I'm drunk right now. I'm still to hyper to go to sleep.

The kid was hiding behind the neighbor's pine trees. This all happened in a matter of seconds.

The police were impressed with the way onstar helped them locate the suv. But Onstar wasted atleast 20 minutes fighting over the bill.

Sorry this was so long, but I really needed to vent.

Debbie
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    Wow! That's pretty scary!

I'm glad you weren't too seriously injured and that got the guy!

tidester, host
  • jrc346jrc346 Posts: 337
    Wow Debbie I sure am glad to hear that none of your family members were seriously hurt. I can only hope that the jerk that stole your Envoy didn't hurt anyone else with it on his rampage. You bring up a very interesting point about the Onstar though. So if you don't pay the bill they won't use it to track down your car if its stolen? Or am I mistaken? Again, I am glad that everyone is OK! I hope you can recover quickly. God Bless
  • I think what Debbie is telling us is that Onstar will indeed track the car in an emergency, but your bill must be paid. As in her case, she paid it by credit card before they would reactivate and track her Envoy. It worked for her and the police AFTER the money was in Onstar's hand.
  • jrc346jrc346 Posts: 337
    Okay! Thanks for the clarification! I think that is one of Onstars gleaming points. That is can detect a car if stolen or can open your car doors if your keys are locked in. Unfortunately, none of my cars have Onstar. Oh well maybe in the future?
  • rye78rye78 Posts: 16
    Well I am glad that you were not hurt and the thief was caught. I am really glad that onstar was able to track the vehicle too. I have had a lot of problems with onstar tracking stolen vehicles. I am a police officer and I know from experience that Onstar is VERY reluctant to give out any information to the police. what I have found is that Onstar only wants to deal with the owner of the vehicle. But the problem we (Officers) have is that a lot of times the owner is possible hurt and in the hospital so they can't be reached or the time delay between Onstar, the owner and the police is long. By the time we find out where the car is, it's gone and on the move somewhere else. But then again, obviously, it works well.
    I just thought I would throw my 2 cents in there.
  • I have a chevy myself and what a horrible group of vehicles. Fords, well they are not to great either. The name of the game is peace of mind. None of the domestic vehicles give peace of mind.
  • None of the domestic vehicles give peace of mind.

Sorry, I have to disagree. I've owned an Oldsmobile for 3 1/2 years that has given me peace of mind. My wife had a Saturn for 6 1/2 years that never broke down. How is that for peace of mind?
    "For front grille and bumper protection, my personal taste says to go with a solution that is visually low-impact, smallish, and black. My Envoy is Polo Green and appears almost black under low-light conditions so I think it'll end up looking pretty cool. I would have bought Black but was afraid it would be hard to keep clean but Polo Green shows all the dirt anyway."

Chris good choice in color my Envoy is Polo Green as well. I plan on getting the WAAG Frontrunner and Manik tail light and rear bumber guards in black.
    The Polo Green is tough to keep clean especially with all the salt on the ground this winter here in NY. I am still amazed at how many compliments I get from strangers about how good the truck looks when its all clean. :)
  • Here, I have owned 2 domestics. a plymouth reliant and a chevy camaro z28. plymouth was nothing but reliable and well the camaro, I still have it and it is a 93 and has 90000 miles. The biggest mistake I have ever made in a car. 60000 transmition, cap and rotor 3 times (1500$ to repair) brakes, coil, fog lights, and list goes on and on. So if you can name 2 cars that did well and one of them is only 3 and a half years old. Well, good for you but I can name you 2 that didn't. 50% chance of getting a good domestic, well I'amd not stupid enough to take that chance again.

P.S. My brother has a saturn with 40000 miles on it, well he has to fork over 400$ right now to fix some crap. I told him not to buy a domestic.
  • Why doesn't everyone ignore this 5 grade English class dropout, and he will slither away. He's just not worth it, frankly.
  • ficussficuss Posts: 541
    jason yu: Get over it, all autos foreign and domestic, have had and will continue to have some problems. Be careful when yu jump to the other side, their problems may not be as insignificant as yu would think.

Frank
  • 5 grade

I did not proof read my message but oviously you haven't either. 5 grade, what is that.

If you look at consumer reports, you realize what I have said hold true to facts. If you look at the first page of this forum, you'll see recalls upon recalls based messages. How sad.
  • Be careful when yu jump to the other side, their problems may not be as insignificant as yu would think.

Yep, and their problems will most likely cost more to fix.