Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    kyotekyote Member Posts: 28
    Hey Jet10000 !
    Good eye! I am going to be optimistic and assume they listed the prices right, since they did for the first time show cost of leather option so I assume Honda listed out all of the cost correctly. I just think Honda has too much competition on the Civic to ask for much of (if any) price increase for now. Still, what they list for and what they sell for may be where our cost of purchase goes up. I am trying to buy a 07 EX auto, offering $18600. for car and destination, no takers yet. Maybe today.
  • Options
    craigblitzcraigblitz Member Posts: 20
    Hmmm, same MSRP as the 2007.... Maybe I should wait till they come out to buy....
  • Options
    eldainoeldaino Member Posts: 1,618
    i initially thought this too, but dealers may not be as willing to negotiate a brand new 08 as much as a left-on-the-lots 07.
  • Options
    if i was considering a civic, but know that i have negative equity on the vehicle i already have, should i mention that coming in, and be upfront about it? or should i haggle the price until we can come out at least a little even?

my wife an i are looking for a 2 door lx auto coupe, but we NEED it in royal blue pearl, one of the hardest colors to find on any civic trim level. a dealer close to our house has one in stock, and we are afraid it may not last until next week, which would be the optimal time to start some serious negotiating.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    duddud Member Posts: 91
    "i initially thought this too, but dealers may not be as willing to negotiate a brand new 08 as much as a left-on-the-lots 07."

Agreed.

When a new model year comes out (as in the 2008s) the dealers will shoot for as close to MSRP as possible while with the 2007 they are willing to go to invoice or even below.

I would loved to be proven wrong with this logic but I doubt I will. There are some people who are going to wait for the 08's to hit the lot and miss the opportunity to save some bucks by going with the '07 model.
  • Options
    jbrook10jbrook10 Member Posts: 7
    Last month I was able to get a 4dr EX AT for 18,350 + TTL. I would think you could at least match that now. I got the quotes by dealing with dealers online first. Got an offer for invoice, then 100 under invoice. To get the sale the third dealer went 200 under invoice. Keep trying!
  • Options
    yup, the very reason why my wife and i are looking at the civics of the 2007 model year. The only real changes for the 08's seems to be a leather addition, something that does not affect the lx trim.

Personally, i think that the ex should have 16's or 17's optional (like they are on the mazda 3 2.3) and the lx should at LEAST get 15 inch alloys, instead of 16 inch tires that lack rim.

I just wish that the color we wanted wasn't so dang hard to find!
  • Options
    jet10000jet10000 Member Posts: 656
    Personally, i think that the ex should have 16's or 17's optional (like they are on the mazda 3 2.3)

16's and 17's are optional on both the LX or EX. Go to the Build your Honda feature on the Honda web-site for pricing.
  • Options
    Jbrook10,

Gee, you got a great price. I would do that deal today!! During previous shopping, I was able to get a best price of $18600. But towards the end they wanted to add a big “dealer handling fee” so I walked. Now the best I can get (new dealer) is $18895. for a 07 EX 2 door auto coupe. But today at the dealer I was a little hesitant about the color of the car he was offering. So now we can go in his office and he checks and tells me they will get a 08 EX auto 2 door coupe scheduled for delivery 9/15 to 9/22. And would I like to put a deposit down on that? The 08 is the exact color I want. So he tells me if I put money down they will hold it. And he tells me they will only take $500.00 off the price of the 08. Considering my past experience with other dealer, I asked and he said there will be no “dealer handling” fee on either the 07 or the 08. Just list minus the discount plus ttl. So if I buy the 07 I can get $1200. off list, if I buy the 08 I can get $500 off list. So I save $700. if I buy the 07. So Civic shoppers, should I go for door 1(07) or door 2(08)? :confuse: Thanks for any suggestions!!
  • Options
    buck0086buck0086 Member Posts: 52
    Just wondering if anyone has recently purchased a Civic EX in the Twin Cities. I'm helping out my sister and would like to know what some of the prices paid have been and what dealers have been good ones to work with. Thanks.
  • Options
    rbrad909rbrad909 Member Posts: 3
    Depending on the dealer fees, that could be a decent deal. I would try to negociate a OTD of $17300, and that is based on $300 for dealer fees and 8% tax with a small dealer profit over what they paid. Use the carbuyingtips.com spreadsheet and put in all the info to get an idea what you should offer. Good luck!
  • Options
    filodfilod Member Posts: 189
    Another change in the specs is the 2008 Civic Epa Mileage Estimates (revised the way it is computed for all 2008 models)

5-Speed Automatic (City/Highway/Combined) 25/36/29 (the old way was computed at 30/40)
  • Options
    dicejamdicejam Member Posts: 9
    guys,
    I have been reading up and thanks for great info.

The best quote I got so far in Northern Virginia for Honda Civic '07 EX 4Dr AT:

Base Price - 17,196
    Destination charge - 595
    Sales tax VA - (3.17%) - 564
    tags + dealer fees - 455 (this is high..will see if i can get it reduced further)
    Total OTD price - 18,810

the car is also supposed to have wheel locks, mud guards etc. The dealer said that all cars have it and so I can't really get a car without them (and not pay the the additional amount)

Does it sound like a good deal? let me know if I am missing any details.
    thanks.
  • Options
    filodfilod Member Posts: 189
    I normally do it via the internet. I usually get a better price doing it this way instead of just walking in a dealership.

I am in the SF bay area and all are quoting 18,338 - 18,388 for the 07 EX Auto (basically invoice plus destination). You have to pay for the registration and taxes 8.25% here.

One dealership is offering less $500 of your lowest quote if you buy midnight today Friday (it is partly marketing and to sell their 07 inventories). This offer was the same 2 weeks ago. I called and tried the $18,388 - $500 and I was told, yes. ($97 higher than what dicejam got see above, it is almost a wash because of the fees…the registration will be about $184 and doc fee of $100 or $284)

dicejam, if you can lower the other fees to $200 that is a very good price compared to what I have been looking at.

I am waiting for the 08 Accord LX-P and see if I like it. Of course this will be a higher price but I am willing to wait for like 6 months (can be less) when most will be willing to negotiate for invoice again. My benchmark is always the invoice and gives it a + or – $200 (including documentation and other fees) usually + …

Bottom line, you can get good deals for the 07 right now as some are willing to go lower than invoice.
  • Options
    ewnatsewnats Member Posts: 7
    I live in western NY and the best price I got so far is 17447.47 plus tax and license. Is it feasible to negotiate 18,500 OTD? The dealers here are not budging at all with their prices even with the upcoming '08s. Are there any strategies I can use to knock the price down more?

Thanks a lot!

ewnats
  • Options
    jweston1jweston1 Member Posts: 15
    Kyote,

Your deal depends on how long you will keep the car. If you keep it 4-5 years buy the '07. If you keep it 2-3 years buy the '08. The reason I say this is depreciation. Look at the true market value on a used Civic the same style as yours and compare the difference in a 2003 vs a 2004 model with the exact same mileage. They are basically the same car just the "2004" designation make it worth more money.
  • Options
    jweston1jweston1 Member Posts: 15
    Karen,

Email me at Terrypm175 at americaonline.com. I just bought a car near Atlanta at a sweet deal. I will share the dealers name with you.
  • Options
    ggsanggsan Member Posts: 10
    Pacific Honda, Tipton Honda, Fuller Honda.
  • Options
    samautobuysamautobuy Member Posts: 12
    Hi,

I am in the process of buying a new 2007 Honda Civic LX Coupe W/Automatic Transmission in Indianapolis, IN area.

Could you please suggest me what should be the best price for this model. So far I have got the quotation for $17,150+Tax & Title.

If any one in this or surrounding area has got a better deal then please let me know the price and dealer details.

Thanks
  • Options
    craigblitzcraigblitz Member Posts: 20
    Hi Guys - I finally bought the LX yesterday. Part of me thinks I should have waited until next Friday with month end, but I got the deal and color I wanted. There are VERY few in Royal Blue left so I didn't want a dealer have to trade from another dealer and not get my deal. Below was the details of my deal.

Car Price - 16,944 (Included Destination)
    Tax @ 7% - 1186.08
    Title & Plate - 70
    OTD - 18,200.08

I had this deal in writing and took it to 4 other dealerships and they all said they could not beat it. One said they could match it, but it was not the color we wanted. My goal was 18,000 when I first started to research, but with the higher tax rate I am satisfied. Also, it only took me 30 minutes to sign the papers get in my car and drive away.

These forums and getting internet quotes made it a breeze. It is so easy to negotiate when I had facts behind me. Dealers seemed to not throw BS numbers out, I stated what I thought was fair, broke down the deal and told them to write it up. Even if they were not getting the highest mark up on me, I am sure they fact the sold a car and was able to get the deal done in short time was worth it for both parties.

Best of luck everyone.
  • Options
    editor2editor2 Member Posts: 64
    Nice job, Craig. You were smart to go ahead if the color was hard to get. Enjoy it!
  • Options
    mjk5mjk5 Member Posts: 43
    nullmind, what NJ dealer gave you 23k OTD on the EXL
  • Options
    dan41dan41 Member Posts: 182
    Congrats! Royal Blue is a tough color to still find available. I bought an LX coupe for my daughter in July and she got the last Royal Blue the dealer had.
  • Options
    dicejamdicejam Member Posts: 9
    To close a loop on this one.
    finally got a metallic silver 4 Dr AT Honda EX fro 18,800 OTD in virginia.

the dealership wouldn't budge from what they quoted - but it was a good experience overall.

thanks to all for their contribution.
  • Options
    rozzienoodlerozzienoodle Member Posts: 2
    Today I bought a 2007 Civic sedan LX MT in the Portland Oregon area (no sales tax in Oregon. Allow me to stop and savor that for a moment). OTD price was $16,440, not including DMV, which I calculate to be $218. I wanted red or blue exterior*; the dealer had to trade for one in Washington. Literally none left in Oregon. I have zero idea if this was a good deal. It is very hard to find a MT around here. I got several, similar quotes, and ended up with the dealer who moved his hooves the fastest. Wilsonville Honda was extremely responsive.

(*If I see one more silver or gray car on the road/in parking lots, I will indeed upchuck. What is the deal with making every car on the road the color of light asphalt?)

Any Oregonians out there?
  • Options
    damoclesdamocles Member Posts: 2
    I bought an EX sedan automatic at the beginning of this month in the bay area. I did a lot of research, and I think I got a good price for it.

The MSRP was 20,105.
    My quote was 17,999.
    Out the door was just under 19,800 (San Francisco tax was over 1500 dollars).

I was originally gonna get royal blue pearl, but I changed my mind as dark colors requires more maintenance as they show light scratches very easily and get dirty easily. I ended up getting galaxy gray metallic.
  • Options
    prsuprsu Member Posts: 5
    Hi guys,

Thanks for your tips and helps.

Finally today I bought my 2007 CIVIC Sedan LX AT in San Diego.

OTD - 17,780 ( including Splash guards and all season mats)

Prsu
  • Options
    itzmekevinitzmekevin Member Posts: 11
    Hi Prsu,

Can you please provide the name of the dealership and the breakdowns of the OTD price?

Thank you.
  • Options
    Hello itzmekevin,

Can you please send me a e-mail to prsurusu@hotmail.com?

Prsu
  • Options
    civicdavecivicdave Member Posts: 4
    Not sure if any are left. But I received this price via Edmunds.com e-mail quote service. It was by far the lowest price I could get.
    Car Price - 15,794
    Destination - 595
    Processing - 487
    Tax 6% - 1009.86
    Title - 21
    OTD - 17,861.86

There were no catches or hidden fees. It was a surprisingly easy and enjoyable buying experience. I bought this in North Metro Atlanta.

Now I need to consider the Honda Care Extended Warranty. Still unsure.
  • Options
    civicdavecivicdave Member Posts: 4
    Karen,
    Try Ben Choi at Curry Honda. Ben is the Internet Sales Manager. We recently bought a car from him and were very satisfied with the price and the buying process. We found him via the Edmunds.com dealer quote system.
    They may not have any more 2007 Civics, but it's worth a try.

It is possible in ATL to get a DX with A/C, but for the price you might as well get the LX.
  • Options
    abcd2007abcd2007 Member Posts: 2
    anyone bought 2007 honda civic LX AT 4 dr in dallas area?? Please share the price you paid.
  • Options
    mahedomahedo Member Posts: 3
    I second the question about purchasing in the Dallas area.

I've found the dealers here (and those I've contacted in East Texas and southern Oklahoma) won't come anywhere close to the prices people find in Virginia and other places.

The lowest email/phone quote I've received is 17,094 + TTL, and that's at a dealership known to load up their cars with junk dealer-installed options (thus, they don't actually have any Civic LX AT sedans available for 17,094 + TTL).

Sales tax in Texas is 6.25% and most dealers charge $315 for title/registration. In order to get 18,000 OTD, the price (including destination) of the Civic LX AT sedan needs to be 16,650. That's over $400 less than my lowest quote.

Any suggestions or recommended dealers in the DFW area?

Mahedo
  • Options
    amethisteamethiste Member Posts: 28
    I was just quoted $19,395 OTD for a Civic EX Sedan AT from Heritage in Westminster. This is the best quote I have received. Does this sound reasonable?
  • Options
    Could you please give us the breakdown of the OTD price?
  • Options
    machotmachot Member Posts: 1
    To those of you who are in DFW area. I am in market for Si Sedan. If we get together, we might be able to get volume discount. Has anyone done this? T
  • Options
    I just got this quote from Norris Honda in Dundalk:

19,389 on the road (price includes Tax,Tags,Processing and Freight) as well as splash guards and wheel locks.
  • Options
    This is the breakdown from Sport Honda in Silver Spring
    $17,604
    $595 destination charge
    $49 processing fee
    $912.40 sales tax
    $195 tags
    ---------------------------------------------
    $19,355.40 out the door
  • Options
    Sounds like a fine deal, $350 or so under invoice for the base price.
  • Options
    Hi All,

Here is the breakdown from Pacific Honda in San Diego.

Civic LX AT Sedan 16,125
    Splash Guards 125 - Optional
    All Season Mats 100 - Optional
    ----------------------------------
    Sub Total 16,350
    TAX 1,267.12
    Others(lic,Doc.....) 262.37
    -------------------------------------
    Total 17,879.49

Prsu
  • Options
    Is anyone aware of any incentives (including financing) that is being offered on Civics?
  • Options
    needacar5needacar5 Member Posts: 21
    Hi all,

Helped purchase a car for my girlfriends mother...

Honda Civic EX 4dr AT
    MSRP 20,105
    Invoice: 17,955
    Sales Price: 16,995
    Destination: 595
    Tax: 1225
    Doc Fee: 298

OTD 19,100

Boch Honda Norwood, MA

good luck to all...
  • Options
    And this, after also posting that you got an Accord $4,500 below invoice...? :confuse: And you're a college student?

I can't believe these prices, to put it kindly.
  • Options
    dctravelerdctraveler Member Posts: 3
    which dealer -- I'm looking in N. Va as well. Thanks!
  • Options
    maria18maria18 Member Posts: 10
    Did you actually purchase an LX automatic at that price from that dealer?? Did you have a trade in or a down payment to bring the price to an OTD of 17,879.49. The reason I'm asking is that the dealers in AZ will not sell in the price range that everyone is quoting on this site. They are saying that it is impossible to get that price and something else is driving the price down like a down payment or significant trade in. I am looking to make a purchase either Friday or Saturday of this week. I live in AZ and would be willing to fly out to San Diego if I could get that price. If you did make the purchase, would you please supply the name of the person who sold you the car? Thanks!
  • Options
    Right, it is hard to believe those prices. I sure have not been able to find such good prices. But I can not understand why anyone would just make up a story to post here, what could be the point of lying here?
  • Options
    I have been looking (on and off when I have time) since late June for a good deal on 07. Could never find the right combination of color I wanted and price. And as others say, I just could not at all match some prices I see in some post here such as in VA. I was looking to buy in Colorado Springs, Denver, and San Antonio area. I travel a lot so could expand my search area. All prices I give here are vehicle with destination and any “fees” included. Best I could find was $18800. but not really the color I wanted. This morning a dealer (San Antonio) called and gave me price of $18500. The color I wanted!! I'm in!!! :) But as I was traveling to dealership he called and said another person was buying it? This was at 9:30 am on a Thursday? :mad: Whatever. But wait, he had another vehicle to offer me etc. etc. Whatever. So I decided to close on another deal at another dealership. It is an 08. Due into dealership about Sept. 10th. EX coupe auto with tint and cargo net (to be added on by dealer), all fees included etc., for $19500. Wanted to post here so that folks would have a comparison price 07 to 08 that I paid, hope this info. helps. :)
  • Options
    There can be several points in lying here. It has happened lots of times. For example: to drive business to a particular dealer reportedly where a great deal happened (that would mean, a deliberate "plant" type of poster). To make an individual seem especially smart/lucky, to satisfy ego. Or, leaving out parts of the deal that resulted in the low price, such as a trade in not mentioned or cash down not mentioned-- either accidentally not included or again to make someone seem especially smart or lucky.

One other thing that happens here is that someone gives an OTD price but fails to disclose that this was what an email offer was, or a phone offer, but not an actual transaction...and we all know that things can change when following up on an extremely low internet offer.
  • Options
    OIC. Well, I never thought of motives like you mentioned. But now that I think about it, sure I guess that could happen. Seems kind of sad that a person would need to satisfy an ego in that way.
  • Options
    Agreed. And I'm not sure it's happened here recently, only saying that I am skeptical about deals that just sound really unlikely. We all know that the Civic is in great demand, but who knows, maybe a white one could move at these stated very low deals.

Ideally, experiences here will help us all shop with some realistic sense of what's achievable, not misled by what is not achievable.