Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    cheapskate21cheapskate21 Member Posts: 49
    Hi,
    Anybody out there knows what is a good deal for 07 Civic EX w/ Navi - So Cal area? One dealer tried to sell it for $500 above invoice, which is about $20,500 (+/- $200). Any inputs will be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    I've found a dealer who will sell to me at invoice + 1... but there are tons of fees.
    Then that dealer isn't selling it to you at invoice + 1.

What types of fees are they adding?
  • Options
    ajbchoajbcho Member Posts: 44
    LOL. People, when you post your OTD price, please take that figure you see near the bottom of the financial worksheet the dealer provides you with. This is the price you paid/financed. Now go check that number with the invoice price plus dest. charge available on this site. Subtract that amount with this number and that's what you paid over invoice. Do not include your TTL, as it varies state to state.

I've seen some crazy claims of 100s of dollars under invoice. No way with the new Civic no matter where you're located.
    For example, "George" from Yuma claims he paid $200 under invoice, but forgot to let us know there were $800 in "fees", so now if "George" provided this info like a good boy, he really paid $600 over invoice. If you had a trade in, forget about it. It'll be comparing apples to oranges when trying to figure out exactly what you paid for the Civic and what they really paid for your trade in. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    ejs0614ejs0614 Member Posts: 8
    hi guys - I am shopping for an EX w/out navi
    my first offer came in at:

Msrp $ 20,105.00
    Internet Price $ 18,650.00
    Sales tax $ 1119.00
    State fees $ 8.89
    Dealer fees $ 418.70 If dealers don't show it on their quote, it's probably higher!
    Tag transfer $ 85.00

Total price $ 20,281.59 "out the door"

My concern is the dealer fees...and the internet price is 198 above invoice is this typical or do they need to " sharpen their pencil some more..."

Thanks!
  • Options
    ejs0614ejs0614 Member Posts: 8
    sorry forgot to mention 4dr EX, Auto,...
  • Options
    dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    Craigslist is a good place to list your CRX.
  • Options
    rashidirashidi Member Posts: 18
    This is in response to a posting by "ajbcho". I posted my purchase price in posting #4841.

I had 2 dealers offering this price in the DC area. I believe this price to be below invoice on a new '07 civic coupe EX by at least $300 (maybe $400 based on new invoice pricing).

I also do not think Edmunds reflects the Jan price increase by Honda and reduction of the holdback offered to dealers.

Not trying to be argumentative, just helpful, since car buying can really be stressful.
  • Options
    edjdedjd Member Posts: 3
    Local Dealer in South Texas: quoting 07, LX Sedan/auto, $17K plus TTL/Reg.etc. comes in at just over $18200 OTD.
    -I think $17K is more than a fair price for LX Sedan.

just as a side note, another dealer: 07, civic EX Sedan/auto at 18,750+TTL. not sure if the upsurge of $1750 is worth it in comparison to the LX.......
  • Options
    My response wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. Just an observation that has been annoying in the prices paid forums and I happen to post it here cause I purchased a Civic back in Nov. I read your 4841 post and at least you itemized each figure, which most people don't seem to do. It won't help out anyone trying to buy a car without all the facts and you're right about it being stressful when purchasing a car. That's why I responded the way I did. I don't want my fellow Edmunders walking into a dealership and telling the salesperson, I will pay $1000 under invoice for that hot selling car cause Joe Blow from the Internet told me that's what I should pay, but never mentioned the 100's of dollars in fees associated with it or they got ripped a new one on his/her trade in to get that "under" invoice price.
  • Options
    rikrakrikrak Member Posts: 31
    Bottom line here is hard to figure but lets see if nI got this right--mute point this is what I paid;

Honda Civic LX Coupe Auto
    $17,350 (total with destination charge included)

Processesing (?)
    $150

So that makes a simple total of
    $17,500

According to Edmund Invoice is
    $16,673

So I paid $827

I did get the dealer to toss in the trunk (tray) bucket and splash guards so I credit myself an extra $100 but I would still put my cost at;

$725 to the dealer to buy this car

First, is that a fair statement?

Edmunds gives an TMV of $17,995 compared to that I did well but I find it confusing what everyone is saying here. This is my first "New" car and I set the whole thing up on the internet and had a set price before I walked in. My surprise was the $150 processesing fee.

Look dealers need to make a profit but we all want the best deal too. On the plus side for me is I did not haggle, price set on net NO let's see if my sales manager will go for this and it's the closest dealer to me for service.

So is Edmunds TMV a realistic "Bench Mark"???? I checked on other sites and "Invoice" was the same everywhere on the net.

Rick
  • Options
    ichi1ichi1 Member Posts: 1
    Here is the price I got from Northern California. This is after the changes made recently to prices so I think I got a great deal. No other dealer was able to match, the closest was still $250 more. No trade in or dealer financing. Also included were wheel locks for free. I picked it up the same day the car arrived on the lot, it had 5 miles on it when I drove off! =)

-------
    07 EX Civic Coupe AT

$18122 PRICE (includes $595 destination)
    $55 PROCESSING FEE
    $1500 TAX (it's 8.25% here!)
    $220 TTL

$19897 OTD
  • Options
    I don't mean to sound negative but this seems like more a Forum for bragging rights? I mean we all want THE best deal but for people who come and try to get information and you read I got it for $400 under Invoice that means (to me)

Civic LX Automatic
    $16,673 Invoice (current 2/8/07)with shipping
    ______
    $16,273 TOTAL You Paid

:blush: Did anyone REALLY get a Civic LX Auto for this? :confuse:

This is what I surmise from different sites According to Kelly and Edmunds Invoice WITH Shipping is $16,673 so ANYTHING over that is added cost, to keep the comparison easy and due to different Taxes etc those should NOT be included, however, any Dealer fees are part of the cost.

Kelly's give MSRP as $18,155 and sets a "Blue Book Value" of $17,883 they then go on an give a (current) "Blue Book Range" of $17,615 to $18,151 one might expect to pay. Again that is the amount for Car, Shipping and Any Dealer Fees. Now this is all for only the Civic LX Automatic but these numbers are available for any other model. So I did NOT get the best deal in the whole world :sick: if I was just a bit more methodical at the end I could have (probably) shaved off another $100 but got in one fresh off the truck with 3 miles and when she said I can put it aside now so no one but service touches it, I said mine. :blush: Well that's my story, I think the numbers I put up are accurate and are of
  • Options
    flseadanflseadan Member Posts: 10
    I agree. You can't go bye what others are paying. You also can't believe everything you read. I mean do I suppose to feel better that some guy says he paid for his EX in Indiana what I paid for my in LX Florida ? Prices vary by much depending on where you live, It shouldn't be that way, but it is. Be happy that you have a new Honda and enjoy it and I could in care less it took whoever 2 months of barganing to save $400.

As far as this site goes, I haven't found a lot of great info on it to be honest. Just idiots who pay two grand for wheels for a $17,000 car and fanatics who wax their car every week.
  • Options
    This edmunds price forum and the others available as far as informational wise are a valuable tool. While I agree some people don't provide enough info and others seem to provide limited info on the prices,etc.
    If anything at all it seems some folks are trying to validate their purchases, some are trying to 'not' get hosed. Having said that: Value is what you perceive the value to be. If the dealership/saleperson made your experience a pleasure and you have no problem paying msrp or whatever u pay, then I say that's fine, as long as your a happy civic car owner in the end.
  • Options
    I look at these Forums as educational :confuse: . Clearly car dealers want to make money, you have to, to stay in business. However, since cars cost a lot of money there is the potential to "pad" one's income and the vast majority of sales people know how to play the game and make you feel like your special while they take as much of your money as possible :mad: . Look if two people sitting next to each other fly to Hawaii they may both have an enjoyable flight and be treated to the same peanuts and pop. However, as they go to get thier luggage and one says he bought his ticket for $300 :) and the other paid $600 :cry: well I think there would be very different emotional responses here. I know people pride themselves for "raking" the salesman over the coals.

Most of us just want a fair deal and the internet has really leveled the playing field. Still, it is in the dealer interest to keep prices shrouded in mystery. It helps to know if the car one wants is getting MSRP or one has more room to bargin.

My buying experience this time for the most part was pleasant because I insisted to do 95% online, not even coming into the showroom until we had an agreed price. I pass this along to others that my one flaw in doing this deal on the net was I did not figure and was unprepared for the :surprise: processing fees? This is an area where a Dealer might really screw you. Mine were $150 and although taken by surprise lucky for me I said well then you need to toss in splash guards and trunk box. The problem really is I was unprepared for that and THAT is what the role of a forum talking about sales, prices and experiences should provide to others.

I'd say IMHO car purchase via the Internet is the way to go. My purchase was at Steven Vincel is St.Louis County they reponded quickly to my internet sales request and provided a firm price that upon sale, except for the "Processing Fee" was a simple sign here and thank you sir affair. Some other dealer offered "to beat" whatever the best deal I could get on paper, however, I gave them a second chance to commit and unless I got an actual price they were out. They might have saved me a few bucks but since they didn't want to be up-front with me I was more comfortable with a dealer who would.
  • Options
    gogiboygogiboy Member Posts: 732
    "If anything at all it seems some folks are trying to validate their purchases, some are trying to 'not' get hosed. Having said that: Value is what you perceive the value to be."

edjd--

You hit the nail on the head and I think the reason so many visitors to this thread and others on Edmunds are confused/angry is that they come here--or wherever--briefly and see wild claims, many of which lack substance and/or complete information.

As has been mentioned, any price claim is rendered useless if a trade is involved. The deal simply becomes too complex and is, at best, guess work. Second, location and time purchased do matter, but the consumer will never know how much. I would never compare the market for a Honda in rural Oklahoma with the market in LA or Cleveland, for example. Third, posters forget information or don't understand their own contract, particularly if trade and/or negative equity are involved.

The simplest, and most productive way to use the "prices paid" forums is to throw out any prices paid that seem ridiculously low or incomplete and focus on averaging everything else within the last 3-6 months taking into consideration manufacturer price hikes and any announced incentives. Take this information, establish a price you feel is fair and go to a number of dealers. If your offer is flatly rejected everywhere you can always come back later and offer a higher price. If your offer is accepted then you and the dealer have found common ground where the price is acceptable to both of you. Don't expect to get an unrealistic price just because some else told you that's what they got. Everyone's claims should be viewed with a healthy level of cynicism. They may be entirely truthful of full of it, but how can you know unless they mail you their contract?

Value is the big issue that almost everyone overlooks or ignores. If you are constantly looking over your shoulder worrying that someone beat your deal by $50, $100, $500 I can guarantee that you will be miserable because someone will always tell you they beat your deal by those amounts or more. There is no point coming here to ask if you've been "hosed" because the "horse is already out of the barn" as the cliche goes.

If the car you bought doesn't represent a good value because someone beat your deal, no car will ever represent a good value. In other words you, the buyer, need to establish appropriate value. That is the only way to find piece of mind in car buying and that can be done with some homework and by consulting prices paid forums.

Gogiboy
  • Options
    dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    Folks should always keep in mind what a small percentage each $100 is in the cost of a new car - and if financing or leasing what a small difference it makes in your payment. If you get hung up over $100 or $300 or whatever - some number you saw someone post you are trying to match or better, you really are just wasting your time. Now I am not one to throw money away, but you show know when you have a good deal and stop wasting time agonizing over an extra few dollars you may or may not ever get.

A guy I worked with once took ALL DAY to trade his old pickup for a new one. The hang up? He wanted the dealer to give him for free a stereo (base model GMC pickup = no tunes in those days). After staying there ALL day "arguing" with them over this they agreed. They put in some cheap, off brand stereo you could get from some place for maybe $50. But this guy was happy he got the stereo for free. He could have made more than enough money AT WORK that day to buy a much nicer stereo and not wasted part of his life trying to get it "free" - but he did not think of it right and just got lost in dealing.

Someone posted in another forum they got a quote well under invoice and over half into the holdback on the car. Did they buy? No, they called and e-mailed other dealers trying to get a BETTER price - and they were surprised when the dealers they contacted were not very interested in offering a better price.

Get a good deal, but keep it "real" :D

Dennis
  • Options
    Ok. went ahead and got my 07 civic lx sedan auto, galaxy gray. Price $17K plus TTL/etc., I DID TRADE in my 02 civic ex, over 140K miles on it, some body damage on hood & front bumper, CAR was paid for either way. Dealer gave $4K for trade. so came in at $13,199, to save me some more time, I had them put tint, thus the $199, (I know, I know, but it was a matter of time/convenience for me). final tally came in at $14242.40 for OTD price for me. Not sure if anyone is interested or if you can get the same deal but overall my experience w/ BENSON HONDA in S.A. was simple, no hassle from finance guy, straight in, straight out. Internet PgAuUyL is the one to talk to, he's from New York, listen for the accent! sincere guy, easy going, laid back. I got my car and so far been very satisfied with it, very different compared to my 02 civic coupe!
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    I know that Gunn Honda is also running some great deals on Civic's as well, so options are out there for people.
  • Options
    2007hchsnail2007hchsnail Member Posts: 2
    Hello all, I just joined the forums since I bought my Civic Hybrid over the weekend. First of all, the car rocks, even with stop and go driving so far , I'm averaging 44.3 mpg. I'll see how it holds up with work week driving and after break in. I'm inclined to post because I had such a horrible buying experience with the first dealer I went to.

Do NOT buy from Spirit Honda in the Los Angeles area. They totally lowballed me for my trade-in, saying that there was damage... etc... even when the bluebook value was over 3000 more then their off (bluebook value for the "poor" condition, so its not like I was being greedy and asking for the moon). Im ok with them trying to do that, its business... what I was not ok with was that they refused to return my keys and registration to me for me to leave! It took 40 min before I finally followed the sales man to the office and took them back to leave. Over all, the worst car buying experience I've ever had.

Went to Norm Reeves afterwards and it was a very easy experiece, I got a little less than blue book (about 400 less, which I thought was reasonable, considering what i was getting the car for). Took a while to finish the paperwork after the deal was agreed on because it was a busy day for the finance people, but they let me tinker with the Navi system in a different HCH while I waited.
  • Options
    egenesisegenesis Member Posts: 2
    How much should I pay for Honda Civic 2007? The dealer says like they paid $18000 but I never trust them. Yes I can print a paper at home saying that I paid 18K if I were a dealer.

I bet it cost them around $15000 to get a car from Honda and then I would say $1000 overhead for parking, insurance and washing etc. I am thinking about going for 17500 MAX. Let me know what you all think.

Also, what is the best time to buy car? I heard end of month is good since they have to reach their quota etc ...
  • Options
    The Invoice Price I see for the EX is $17,722

The internet has in some ways leveled the playing field as anyone can get a basic invoice price. Although we can't as easily get information on "hold back" knowing the basic "Invoice" will give you a decent benchmark as to what the car cost and what you paid. Honda makes the price fairly easy to figure as there are few options mostly "trim" levels. The MSRP means little other than a reference point. So if for this we leave out the Si and the Hybrid then you have 3 basic levels DX, LX and then (top) EX all three levels have a choice of Sedan or Coupe and then either five speed manual or 5 speed automatic (to keep it easy here I'll leave out GPS system cars but that tacks on about $2000) In DX and LX the Sedans are about $200 more than the Coupe (no difference in EX) and about a $730 difference between standard and automatic transmission. It is my understanding that there was a major price increase in the Invoice price around 11/1/2006? Edmunds lists the (LX Auto Coupe) Invoice at $16,078 while Kellys lists $16,673 that is a $594 :sick: increase but I believe that to be current ( :confuse: Edmunds :confuse: ) So you must first decide trim level/trans/body style then look it up for Invoice. According to Kelly's these are the numbers I see 2/12/2007 (I'm just going to list the 3 basic Trim Levels/ All Coupes/ All Standard Transmission ($595 Destination Included)

DX $14,164
    LX $15,943
    EX $17,722 Coupe 5 Speed Standard

(cause your special)
    EX $18,452 Coupe Automatic
    EX $17,722 4 Door 5 Speed Standard
    EX $18,452 4 Door Automatic

Don't include your Taxes or Title as that will vary by state. And if you "Trade-In" a car then it's all a bit of a guess. Do include your "Processing" fees as that is just a extra padding ;) for dealer's profit and is part of the cost. I picked up my car this Saturday and as I discussed before I did 95% of my dealing "on-line" so the actually purchase was just a walk-in and sign here affair. I really preferred this as car Salesman are a bit of a ;) "trip". So unless my numbers are really wrong getting an EX for $17,500 is a bit unrealistic, however, (some) claim that is what they got? As was pointed out, if you close on your new EX for $17,500 and then have a $500 process "fee" the car costs $18,000 now if you want you can tell everyone you "only" paid $17,500 but in general being that at this time the Honda is right popular I don't see most dealers willing to make next to nothing. Yes, they say that the end of the month is the best time to buy since the Salesman work on commission and "might" be willing to take a little less, the whole bird in the hand thing.
  • Options
    hskrshwnhskrshwn Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a 2007 Honda Civic EX on Saturday:

MSRP $20,105 (includes $595 destination charge)
    Invoice Price $18542 (includes $595 destination charge)
    Internet Pricing $18542 (includes $595 destination charge)
    Sales Tax $1298 (7% here)
    Title / License $400
    Admin Fee $35

Total Price $20,275 "out the door"
    Total Price $18577 "minus TTL"

I received several internet bids ($300 - $500 higher) and negotiated down to the invoice price of $18542. They did not want to budge below the invoice price.
  • Options
    Sounds like a very good deal! Stick or Auto would be the only tid-bit you left out. Again per auto accorrding to numbers gleened from Kelly's Blue Book that put your buy at just about $120 not including any dealers incentive.
  • Options
    tom477tom477 Member Posts: 42
    Just bought it Fri, Feb.9, 2007...paid 16856.00 +TTL In New York (Long Island) If anyone wants to know where..just reply to this message!
  • Options
    Sorry I left that part out...
    Just bought a 2007 Honda Civic EX (Automatic) on Saturday:

Invoice Price $18542 (includes $595 destination charge)
    Internet Pricing $18542 (includes $595 destination charge)
    Title / License $400
    Admin Fee $35

Total Price $20,275 "out the door"
    Total Price $18577 "minus TTL"

I received several internet bids ($300 - $500 higher) and negotiated down to the invoice price of $18542. They did not want to budge below the invoice price, or on the $35 admin fee.
  • Options
    MSRP*
    *Definitions $20,105.00

Invoice*
    $18,452.02

New Car Blue
    Book Value*
    What consumers are really paying for this vehicle
    $19,703.00

you listed Invoice at $18,542

This is a cut and paste from "Kelly's Bluebook" I don't know if you switched your 4/5 either way you got a very good deal and present helpful information for others. It is supply and demand and as Honda "tends" to be popular and the Civic is a big seller it can be more difficult to get a good deal. From what I read January and February tend to be good months for consumers ;) as in general sales are down due to both weather and people just spent alot of cash at Christmas :cry: anyway I see you "done good" picked up my LX Saturday, snow storm hit today, not a 4 wheel drive but the Civic did pretty darn good coming home this morning on the uncleared (but not too deep) snow covered roads here in St.Louis, I was impressed. On the down side, since I bought a sensible car my wife :blush: just went out and bought a Miata, on MY midlife crisis :confuse: oh well drive that car in the snow :sick: (or maybe just let me drive it when the weather is nice :blush:

This section of the forum could help others if people just gave simple facts and all that is needed is price PAID including FEES to the Dealer as those two numbers are pretty universal for the USA and give a true reflection on cost. Now helpful hints on how you got that price, be it use of the internet or a shotgun is fine, even helpful. Two years ago my sweet little old mother was going to buy a Civic, the last of the 2005 before the new model came out. The Dealer gave her a price of $200 under MSRP I printed up the Invoice price from the net and had her take it in and just say "my son thinks you should sell it to me for $200 over this" and he did. Probably could have gotten it for a bit less but she was happy, saved her about $500 I'm sure the salesman made some money and the deal closed quick and without a hitch. First car my mother bought on her own as my father died about 3 years prior so it was good for her and for whatever it's worth she did the deal (mostly) on her own. Sent my younger brother along to keep an eye on the salesman but he said the salesman just said "yes" to the offer. Enjoy the ride!
  • Options
    For future information..east coast car dealers do NOT use Kelley Blue Book or NADA...they use Galves.. I asked my salesman what they used as someone I know was trading in a Pilot for a new one
  • Options
    That may be true, however, this reference to "Bluebook" was only to get new car Invoice price.

It is the same in Edmunds, or MSN as (BlueBook) a new car (my understanding) Invoice price is a set price. Now "BlueBook" on a used car is another story and should not be :confuse: confused :confuse: in this reference. An individual who is buying a new car needs to know the Invoice price and include the transport fee, in the case of the Civic transport is $595 in the USA. Again, these prices should be listed on any major car information site on the net and do change from time to time (Edmunds, Kelly or MSN) a "Dealer" might tell you these are not "real" numbers and since ALL dealers speak the truth ;) you might choose to believe them, that's your choice. To keep it simple leave out TTL and "trade-ins" skew everything, not that you shouldn't trade but then your information "here" is of little value. Know what the Dealer "Fees" will be, that is just a way for the dealer to make a profit. These fees can vary from $0 to whatever $$$ the dealer can get. However, one needs to be realistic, a dealer must make a profit or he is out of business. However, if a dealer sells you a car at Invoice and tacks on $500 in fees or sells you the car at $500 over Invoice and has no fees the cost is really the same.
  • Options
    Yeah..should have been $18452. My typing skills are horrible...
    Just bought a 2007 Honda Civic EX (Automatic) on Saturday:

Invoice Price $18452 (includes $595 destination charge)
    Internet Pricing $18452 (includes $595 destination charge)
    Title / License $400
    Admin Fee $35

Total Price $20,185 "out the door"
    Total Price $18487 "minus TTL"

Basically I recieved about 5 internet bids $18800 - $19050. I took the lowest bid and emailed that dealership asking them how I could get to invoice pricing, because I was buying in the next few days. He came back with the invoice price. I used that to negotiate down to invoice price with a dealer closer to my house.

Both dealers did tell me that Cars that came in after Jan 3rd had a $100 higher invoice price. Not sure how true that was, but they both told me that. Both dealers had 1 royal blue at the prior to Jan 3 invoice price, and 1 royal blue at the after Jan 3rd invoice price. Just something for you people out there buying to think about.

They did not want to budge below the invoice price, or on the $35 admin fee.
  • Options
    ex07ex07 Member Posts: 1
    Hi I thought I would what I paid for my car for other future buyers.

I am pleased w/ my deal and the no haggle, I went through the internet. The only thing w/ that is the Internet price was the final price and not any lower...at least for me, and I didn't try too hard, cause I was pleased w/ OTD price.

Sale price w/ no added options - $18,179 there was not a charge for destination fees :P total w/ TTL and other Gov fees was 19,768.51

This was in the Central Valley CA.

I was very pleased w/ the deal and how smooth it was.

I had several other internet offers and all were over by several hundred dollars and some included a destination fee. There was only one that was less by $200 but they did not have "my car" (Galaxy Gray - Manual)so I went w/ the local one since they had the car.

I never say the invoice but was shown what they were "making off the deal" it was $139 - now that could have been just the salesmans share and not the total dealership.

Either way I think I got a great car for a great price.
  • Options
    I believe destination charge is non negotiable. The $595 was included in the price offered. Great price though.
  • Options
    Been there...a bit too import crowd for me. I did check out the prices paid on the 8th site several months ago and used to check out the site regularly after my purchase, but removed my bookmark to that site once I realized most are more interested in converting their LX to an "R" or badging it up with SI emblems and installing a coffee can muffler. Considering many are in their teens to mid 20's, like anywhere on the Internet. I'd take their prices paid and advise with a grain of salt.
  • Options
    A very GOOD price I think, better than I did by about $150 and I knew (most) of the stuff. That damn $150 "dealer fee" when I walked in caught me unprepaired but there she sat with 10 miles on the clock and 7 of those were mine. As we just talked about a few days ago and I suggests for future buyers KNOW the INVOICE it's there on the net. Your car had an Invoice WITH destination fee of (as of 2/2007)

$17,722 and you paid the dealer $18,179 so your cost was

$451
    Really NOT bad! I know others here did better, MORE here SAY they did better. Few here seem to want to help others, seems like most just want to let you know that they did better than you? Every business needs to make a profit, or they are not in business. Car dealers have a reputation, to be crooks (some are) and in general if they can get lots of money from you they will (wouldn't you)! The internet and (sometimes) forums like this can help others get a good or at least decent deal. If a vehicle is popular and they can sell them easy WHY would they take a loss? You want a kick [non-permissible content removed] deal, buy a Durango, they ain't closing down production 'cause everybody wants one. You got a very good deal thanks for the honest information, it should be of help to the next person in your area.

:confuse: PS TTL mean little I would suggests that they
    NOT be included in any of this but that's just IMHO :confuse: like they said in Dragnet, just the facts!
  • Options
    Couldn't find if the prices posted by the dealer is actual OTD less TTL. Did find this one:

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28571
    "These are Our "One Simple Price" prices...not OTD...."

Have no idea if this means "One Simple Price" + a bunch of hidden fees when time to meet Finance Manager or if it's actually OTD and stating it doesn't include TTL.

I'm no longer in the market for a Civic so I'm not going to waste the salesperson's time by emailing him with this question, but if any of you are in the market. I'd be interested to know.
  • Options
    exbauerexbauer Member Posts: 33
    I purchased a new 2007 Honda Civic Si sedan for $19,500 including destination ($500 under invoice)+ tax, title, license and $52.50 doc fee. This was in Chicagoland area. There were 2 dealers that were willing to sell it to me at this price. Many of the dealers around here would charge me invoice off the bat.
  • Options
    tseoshtseosh Member Posts: 26
    Would you mind telling how you reached that price- internet quotes, visiting dealerships or ??? And what dealerships were the two at 500 under? At least give a hint... Thanks!
  • Options
    exbauerexbauer Member Posts: 33
    I emailed dealers in the area. Grand Honda sent a return email saying they are looking into my email and etc. They didn't respond back, so I called the guy's name that was listed in the return email. Asked him how much for a base Si and he said $19500 + TTL. I went to go look and had the color I wanted, but didn't give me enough on my trade. So, went to Castle Honda and got my deal there.
  • Options
    Great price. The email quotes in Southern Wisconsin were msrp or a few hundred under when I checked last week. Looks like Northern IL dealers want to sell cars. Thanks for the info..
  • Options
    havebenhaveben Member Posts: 1
    Hi! After haggling, I have purchased a new Civic for, what I think, could be the best deal around. I thought I would compare the deal I got with others and couldn't find a forum where people were posting the deals they got.

If you have bought a new Civic, and don't mind sharing, post your price and options. A potential new buyer can get an idea of the "real world" price range for their new vehicle with options.

New 2007 Civic EX Coupe with Automatic Transmission
    Added Fog Lights
    Added Mud Guards
    Added Moonroof Visor
    Paid : $18,835 + tax/tag/title
    State of Purchase : TN
  • Options
    pratikkamdarpratikkamdar Member Posts: 1
    hi all,
    I just purchased a 2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX AT for $18000 OTD ($16600 selling price + tax + title) in the Chicagoland area. No tradein involved.

I think I got a good deal. I researched this forum and learnt what to do. Thanks guys!
  • Options
    coke69coke69 Member Posts: 4
    shopping for a honda civic ex. without much discussion the saleperson dropped his price from 19950 to 18300. no options plus design(595) +taxes + mv. this price sound pretty good to me. anyone think i can do better?
    was comparing to the toyota corrolla le. does anyone have any input comparing the two cars.
    thanks for your response
    :confuse: ">
  • Options
    You should be able to get a comparably equipped Corolla for less than the Civic, but the Corolla won't be as "modern" or "sporty" feeling. On the other hand, the Corolla will likely be much more trouble free and reliable.

The Civic is a new design with a lot of cost cutting (from what I've read in these and other forums), while the current Corolla is ultra reliable and at the end of its model run. I'm buying an Si sedan for the sport-value, but I know Corolla would be more trouble free...
  • Options
    they are both very reliable..would put both on an even field but the civic is much more sportier.....
  • Options
    sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Have owned both and the reliability is dead even, no matter what anyone says. Both are trouble free as long as the oil changes are done when necessary. The Civic is the more sportier car to drive of the two with better brakes in my opinion. You can't go wrong with either though. The current Corolla is due for a new model change over within the next 6 months or so. The deals are probably much better over at the Toyota store, as they want to move the '07's.
    Personally, I'd wait for the '08 model...newer technology with the probability of standard ABS and aux input for Ipod's & such. Also, it's bound to look more Camryish which is a good thing.
    Both great cars with virtually identitical reliability!!!

The Sandman :)
  • Options
    One more big difference between the cars: Toyota doesn't put side curtain air bags in the Corolla as standard equipment. The car doesn't do well in the crash tests without them. (Same goes for the Yaris.) Very negligent of Toyota, but if the law doesn't require it, the corporation doesn't have to do it. In Europe, Toyota even gives buyers knee air bags...

I agree that the 2008 Corolla will probably be a very nice car- and it will most likely have a higher level of safety equipment standard.
  • Options
    tellohtelloh Member Posts: 4
    I bought a Civic LX in the Midwest in January. My time is worth at least $50/hour, so I did not visit multiple dealers or haggle beyond a few gentle looks of false sadness and disbelief and offering a lowball response. In total, no more than 30 minutes. I'm satisfied with the deal given the minimal time spent.
    Here are the numbers:

The MSRP: $18,355.00
    The MSRP plus "Dealer Addendum": 18,769.40
    (mud guards and tire & wheel "protection", whatever that means)

The negotiated price: $17,300.00
    Dealer Fee ("documents"): 170.00
    State Tax: 1,053.04

OTD: $18,546.04
  • Options
    accelerator01accelerator01 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    I was reviewing your posting and the deal that you have got on 07 Civic EX appears to be a good deal. Can you tell me from which dealership did u get this?
    I am in Central New Jersey and looking out for the same model car (07 Civic EX 4-DR Automatic)
    Appreciate if you can tell me the dealership.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    accelerator01accelerator01 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Can you guys tell me the best offer/deal that I should take for 2007 Honda Civic EX 4-Door Automatic:
    1. Negotiated Selling Price: $xx
    2. Dest. & handling: $595 (standard)
    3. NJ Sales Tax: 7%
    4. NJ TTL Fees for 4 years: ??
    5. Doc. Fee: ??
    Total Out-The-Door Price: 1+2+3+4+5 = ??
    Please post your opinion.
  • Options
    :confuse: People, you just can NOT compare the cost of your cars if you insist on including TAXES/TITLE unless we want to know how a car compares in not only the same State but maybe the same City? The Sales Tax in Missouri is NOT the same as Texas? If you bought an LX Coupe (with A/T now this IS important) and you paid the Dealer $17,300 then he added "dealer fees" of $170 the car cost $17,470 THAT price can be compared from LA to NY for a "LX Coupe Auto", the whole apple to apple thing, you dig! The dealer can toss out all sorts of numbers, it is thier job to confuse you and make as much money as they can. So to compare it must just be cost of specific model, style and transmission. Transport fees are in there and the dealers "paperwork" must be figured too. You cannot (for comparison) use trade-ins or TTR you can figure the mudflaps if you want but that is again, fairly insignificant. In the example above, if you wrote the dealer a check for $17,470 after he gave you $10,000 off MSRP the car cost you ;) $17,470

Rick