Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jcanavanjrjcanavanjr Member Posts: 4
    I just picked up my TL-S from dealer today in Philly. I agree that $659 for title and tags sounds high. I paid $148.50. For the car I paid $36k total (including 7% sales tax). Smack, thanks for your advice on the car and the dealers in the area. You were extremely helpful.
  • Options
    bigmikeystylebigmikeystyle Member Posts: 3
    where in Philly did u get your TL-S? Thats pretty good for $36 k out the door. What was your APR? Im in central NJ and looking for a TL-S
  • Options
    Metro Acrua at the Philly Automall. Financing was 3.99% for 60 mos. Great sales guy too. No bs either just some reasonable negotiating.
  • Options
    mr_tl_smr_tl_s Member Posts: 2
    I have been shopping around for a 2008 TL Type S and want to lease the car.

So far the best deal I got was from $39389 they deducted 4990 on the spot. My trade is worth $8000, they said to put $5000 down and the rest they'll write me check for $3000 to keep. So the price down to 29,399 (including tax) to a $377 monthly.
    So I said I had to think about....then he sad he going to give me an extra $1000 in cash to a total of $ 4000. After that I told I still had to think about and give him the old excuse "hava to talk to the wife" and left.
    So im thinking of going back this weekend with the same incentive but instead of 377 per month I tell him to bring it down all the way to $340 a month Ill buy the car on the spot. At $350 ill think about....

Let me hear...
  • Options
    rekcalsarekcalsa Member Posts: 10
    I'm in Central NJ and bought my TL-S just under a month ago from DCH Montclair Acura. They gave me the best offer. The incentive was only $2000 at the time and I didn't get any special financing. Price was $33,300 (incl. dest.). OTD was just over $36K. I posted the details in an earlier post.
  • Options
    nice job. you beat my deal. i got $2500 incentive and still was at 33,582 (includ dest). i'm happy though, the deal was good enough for me. 3.99% financing was good.
  • Options
    rekcalsarekcalsa Member Posts: 10
    At least you got 3.99% financing. I got mine at 6.65% and didn't feel like haggling anymore since I knew the price was pretty good. I'm sure you'll wind up paying less in the end.
  • Options
    saellis3saellis3 Member Posts: 1
    I'm getting quotes in Littleton, CO for the TL Base Model (no Nav) for $29,315 + dealer handling of $389 + TTL. Is this a decent deal or should I be expected further discounts? This is the cash price no financing avaialble. They want to add $2,500 if we add any financing tot he deal (which seems silly). Thoughts?
  • Options
    rgray3rgray3 Member Posts: 23
    29K in Greensboro and Durham, NC for the Base TL no Navi. I got this with little effort. I am hoping for calls from the 2 dealers I am working with near month end and I plan to offer $28,500.
  • Options
    mr_tl_smr_tl_s Member Posts: 2
    Well I bought it yesterday and managed to get the price down to $350 a month including tax for the type S with $5000 down from trade in on a 10k miles lease ......;P
    My trade in was worth $9000 so for the rest they wrote me a check of $4000.

Sweet...gonna pick it tomorrow....color carbon bronze.
  • Options
    guster14guster14 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info...I agree whole heartedly about the dealers in our area (I am in Medina). I have been dealing w/ Ric at Park Acura. Do you mind me asking what you paid for the car and for tax, title, etc.? I am looking at the base TL also.
  • Options
    debrab1debrab1 Member Posts: 1
    I just got a quote for a 2008 TL w/nav of $31,999 is this a good price? I'm in CT
  • Options
    shwetahshwetah Member Posts: 2
    Hi

can u tell me which dealer ship you went through in NJ

I am also trying to purchase a TL with navigation

Thanks
  • Options
    shwetahshwetah Member Posts: 2
    Hi

I m in NJ and they offered me 34000 but reading this forum and other forums people have gotten their car for about 31+ tax so i think you can bargain perhaps another 1k
  • Options
    bkostkabkostka Member Posts: 6
    Mine was with the $2,500 cash back. I'm not sure on their inventory. They had to locate a car for me, but had it in a couple of days.
  • Options
    bkostkabkostka Member Posts: 6
    Here's how my deal worked out:

$29,100 - car
    $250 - docs
    $2,274.63 - tax (at 7.75% in Cleve, OH)
    $25.50 - title and tags
    $31,650.13 - out the door

They also threw in rubber floor mats.

I have good credit and they got me 4.84% financing.
  • Options
    guster14guster14 Member Posts: 2
    Awesome. thanks for the info, it is very helpful. I went out their this weekend and of course decided to get the TL-S instead of just the base. The best they would offer me was $34200 w/ 4.99% financing which included the all weather mats, trunk mat and splash gaurds. Couldn't come to a happy medium on trade and price of TL so we left. Just have to keep on shopping.
  • Options
    decisions2decisions2 Member Posts: 21
    I would say you could probably do a little better now that the incentive is $2500. I bought last month when the incentive was $2000 and got mine for $32,200 with the rubber mats and wheel locks thrown in.

$31,999 is not horrible, but I would say there is room for a few hundred more possibly :) If not, it is a better deal than I got either way.

BUY IT! This is such a nice ride!!! :)
  • Options
    rcalza770rcalza770 Member Posts: 1
    What are people getting in and around Atlanta? I thought about checking out the dealers in Athens, Augusta, Macon, Columbus and Chattanooga.. Any help would be much appreciated!
  • Options
    douglessodouglesso Member Posts: 6
    I used the advice of fightingchance.com and the forum posts here and emailed dealers till one gave me a price. Then I went around in circle and let them try to beat each other out. Not sure if I'll get more.

08 TL NAV - $30,783 + Tax

This price is invoice less $2500. Am I missing something here? Anybody done better? Seems like the dealers are eager to sell. I might up the ante and see if someone will add a spoiler. Washington DC area. Could the incentives get better in May? Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks
  • Options
    rgray3rgray3 Member Posts: 23
    Invoice for a reg TL is 31,706. TL with Navi comes to 33,998.00( invoice) - 2,500( cash to dealer) = 31,498.00.

U should take the offer u have in hand as soon as u can.
  • Options
    astro13astro13 Member Posts: 26
    From everything I have seen, the $2,500.00 is good until the end of June. I don't know if the deals will get any better come July, or if they will even extend the $2,500.00. I hope they will give at least $3,000.00 come July, but I doubt it.
  • Options
    smack518smack518 Member Posts: 17
    As others have said, that's significantly better than Invoice less $2,500. I think that's a great offer and assuming they are not getting you elsewhere (that number should include destination for instance), like a trade or excessive title/reg fees, I'd jump on it.
  • Options
    I've talked with five dealers in the area, three of them will match the offer. One guy mentioned he has a better inventory than everybody else. Two of the dealers could not match, but came in at 31498. I feel pretty good about the deal and plan to close asap. I'll let you all know how it goes. I mentioned to one dealer that I read the prices that other people were getting from this website, and he said that most people 'lie' on the web. I chuckled at that. We'll see how it goes and I'll let you all know the result.
  • Options
    jimmyjugjimmyjug Member Posts: 6
    Gurus please help!
    I was at the Bellevue Acura dealership over the weekend and they quoted me Inv price + $800 + Fees+Tax on a 2008 TL Basic. Is this a good deal. I will also be getting a 0.9% APR for 48 mos. I checked about the 2500 dealer cash back and he mentioned that its only if you payout in full :( Is that true??
  • Options
    kayak162kayak162 Member Posts: 5
    Hey! jimmyjug,
    Don't go with the Costco program. You should start with invoice - $2,500 + Fess and Tax on a 2008 TL Basic. I am looking for the same in the Seattle area. I've been dealing with Acura of Seattle but they they give you a number, then when you come back they give a higher number. I get tired from playing their game, so I am going to Bellevue and Hinshaw. I love Acura cars, but the buying experience sucks, unless you want to throw money at the Saleperson.
    You shouldn't have to pay more than $30K + Fees + Tax.
    Let me know if it goes...
  • Options
    laurelmdlaurelmd Member Posts: 11
    That's just amazing, I wish I saw your post earlier. I bought an 08 TL w/Nav yesterday at Tischer Acura in Laurel, MD for $31840 + tax, tags, & $99 dealer processing. They had a very large inventory - pretty much every color and interior was available. I'm just shocked that I may have paid over $1K too much!
  • Options
    I didn't email Tischer, but I might. I just received yet another counter offer for $30600 and Pohanka said they would beat it by $200. I'm at the point now where I'll believe it when I see it. I estimate their raw cost on the car at 30411. Which means Pohanka would make $11. I requested a verification of what the final total would including all fees and taxes. Can you tell me how much you spent in taxes and titling? Were there any other little fees I should be aware of? Thanks. It's a great car. Watch what happens in June, when they raise the incentive to $3000. Then I'll be bummed out too. Did you get an XM subscription?
  • Options
    guido999guido999 Member Posts: 8
    I just got a 08 TL base (Black/Taupe) from Son's Acurra in Marrow. I got an online quote from Oz Nesbitt, Internet Sales Manager. They have a quick quote form that takes two seconds to fill out.

The quote I got from Son's was $26,789 + $715 destination + $480 (wheel locks, trunk tray, splash guards), + $499 doc fee + $21 tags/title. Total $28,504. Their month ends April 29, so act quickly, they want to move cars...

The quote I got from Nally Acura in Marietta was $31,000 (including wheel locks, trunk tray, splash guards and paint sealant) + $599 doc fee + $21 tags/title. Total $31,620.

So, there seems to be a $3K difference between north and south Atlanta... :-)

Good luck
  • Options
    I had calculated their cost at $31498. How did you arrive at $30411?

Besides what I paid for the car itself (which included destination), I paid 6% tax, $99 dealer processing, a $20 dealer titling fee, $4 tire fee, and the exact title/registration fees from the MD MVA web site (under $200 I think). So, Tischer isn't so bad on "junk" fees.
  • Options
    Also, they enabled the XM for 3 months. They said XM would contact me directly to extend it if I wished.

Yes, I have this feeling the incentive will continue to go up, but it couldn't be helped - I needed a replacement vehicle. I'll bet August/September will have the best deals, although vehicle selection will probably be smaller.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply,

The difference between 31498 and 30411, is the dealer holdback which is 1087 that I got from the consumer reports new car service, but I found it elsewhere on the web.

I plan on purchasing Sunday, so I'll post how it all goes. Pohanka has 140 in stock, I'm a little worried about having some remorse when the 09s roll out, but I can't wait forever...
  • Options
    eaf2eaf2 Member Posts: 3
    $31,200 including destination charges for TL w/Navi in Central NJ.
    Didn't get the protection package that many people here seem to be getting (wheel locks, mudguards, and smth for the trunk). Also no 0.9% financing at this price. Either $2,500 incentive or low-APR financing, they say...
  • Options
    iuaudiuaud Member Posts: 1
    Meinhardg-
    I am looking to buy in the Chicago area, as well, and would love to know which dealership you dealt with, as this appears to be a great deal. Thanks so much.
  • Options
    dfreddydfreddy Member Posts: 2
    I got offered a deal of 31,500 w/ no financing from clinton acura, where did you go?
  • Options
    eaf2eaf2 Member Posts: 3
    That was Acura of Ocean. But they don't do internet quotes or quotes over the phone, you have to come in person. Generally, all the phone quotes I got were about $31,500 except for Princeton Acura who started at $31,999 but then were willing to lower the price to $31,200 if I come there. One place that I'm still very intrigued about is Davis Acura in PA near Trenton. They have huge inventory, very low doc fees ($55) and they quoted me $31,323 with wheel locks, splash guards, etc. I should've probably driven there, but got lazy.
  • Options
    mchalmersmchalmers Member Posts: 30
    Did that include destination?

Thank you!
  • Options
    black4x4black4x4 Member Posts: 1
    $30,783 ! Sounds like a good deal!!! I have a deal on the table for 08 TL Navi for $31,250 (OTD price $33,600). Have not seen the car yet - Dealer has to swap cars with another dealer to get the car I want. I hope it has tinted windows and deck spoiler. Should I go for it? Fort Worth Dealership.
  • Options
    mark196mark196 Member Posts: 10
    I was hoping to get some input on how "good" of a deal to expect...short story - I'm moving back to the US from Switzerland, and want to buy two new acura's (TL Type S and MDX Tech/Entertainment) - thought is that in buying two cars from one dealer I can get better deal....also, these we love these two cars.

Anyone ever done something like this? Is it reasonable to expect them to sell one car to me at cost and allow/expect profit on one? This should be a very easy deal for someone, I need to buy two cars, have no trade, etc. could set up online and walk in to sign papers....that said, I want to get best deal possible so any thoughts on how to handle/approach is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Mark
  • Options
    sak3sak3 Member Posts: 5
    Price offered by 2 dealers : trading in '03 CL S - $12,000 trade-in value offered
    New '08 Tl/w Nav $34,500 (not including tax or extras
    in financing
    The numbers work out to fiancing the $24,750 @ .09% financing

I'm very confused - Is this a good deal? Should I wait for the '09 ??

I drove the '09 TSX - not impressed (except for the tech gadgets). My '03 CL seemed much more comfy drive - - coupled with fun performance
    althougth the tech wizardry was incredible on the '09 TSX. Ride and comfort is more important as long as they are within financial common sense.

Help - Please & Thanks - - -- All thoughts and alternative suggestions welcomed.
  • Options
    kayak162kayak162 Member Posts: 5
    I am going to pick up my Base 08 TL in Portland, OR. Why Portland? The Saleperson is easy to deal with. After a couple of emails, and a brief phone call, we were agreed on a deal ($29,700 included the protection package). They would deliver the car to my door, but I plan to take the train there ($30), do some shopping (tax free) and drive my new car home. The Sale person said he would throw in some goodies.
    This is not a great deal, but it's a good deal. It seems like we pay more for cars here in Seattle. And, most Acura dealers around here are not easy to deal with (avoid Acura of Seattle if you could). Acura of Bellevue wanted to match the Portland deal, but they didn't have the color combo that I want. The Saleperson I dealt with seemed nice.
    By the way, I got a very good rate at BECU, 4.49% for 60 months.
    For a 08 TL with Nav at $34,500 is not a good deal. My deal was $29,700 + $2,000 (for Nav)= $31,700 + $2,000 (if you take .9%)= $33,700.
    Give local dealers the opportunity to earn your business. But, if they take the fun out of your car buying experience, then my advice is to give Portland a call.
    Shouldn't buying a new car be a fun and exciting experience?
  • Options
    newtlguynewtlguy Member Posts: 8
    Just got my Carbon Bronze Pearl/Ebony Interior TL/Navi for $30,467 base price ($30,400 for the car with protection package and $67 for the all weather mats), add tax for SF 8.5% and license and fees, total price came out to $33,387.12.

I got $26,500 financed for 72 months at 4.74%.

Not a bad deal.
  • Options
    jetlapjetlap Member Posts: 7
    Quick update on my purchase last week.

Brought my 08 TL base with no navi last week, love the car, with wheel lock only.

Here is the break down:
    28400 + TTL

total 31xxxx with everything.financed somewhere else since that is required for the 2500 incentive.

cheers
  • Options
    galapagos0424galapagos0424 Member Posts: 1
    Working over my local Acura dealer for a 08 TL with Navi...they are quoting $31041 but say the 2.9% financing is only available if I add $2k to the price. Has anyone successfully negotiated a price is this low and then got the dealer to give the 2.9% financing? 4.99% isn't bad but 2.9% is even better :-)
  • Options
    Well, l closed the deal. It couldn't have been a more pleasurable experience.
    Price: 30101
    Dealer processing: 399
    Misc fees for temp tags, title, etc: 56
    Tax 1806 - still have yet to pay it, since I want to get organizational plates.

I'm too lazy to add that up, but it was near 32500 with TT, 30556 without.

I almost had to chuckle watching people haggle over the price with their salesman, and the manager would come out, etc, etc. Email is the way to go. I spent ZERO time negotiating. I gave the guy at Pohanka my best offer email printout, and he beat it by $200.

Good luck Acura buyers!!! PS. The car is a dream. It took the salesman the better part of an hour to explain all the little features of this car.
  • Options
    Wow, you bested me over $1,400 in the same area - and I had been reading this forum before I bought. If only I had waited a week. Congratulations!
  • Options
    backintxbackintx Member Posts: 11
    Mark196 -

Let me know when you get back and negotiate your deals. My wife and I will be returning back to the States from Dubai at the end of July (we have some time...), but these are the exact 2 cars we're thinking of as well.

Let me know how it goes. Conceptually, I think it should absolutely work. Especially if you walk in saying you'll pay cash - you will get their attention pretty fast!
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your help and advice. It's really helpful. I'll let you know how it goes. Acura of Bellevue's response was " We'll get back to you". My issue also is my trade-in off my '03 CL S. Again, thank you - this has been so informative and helpful. Thanks again.

Sue
  • Options
    Thank you. Your reply is most helpful. Yes, I love this car. Sporty with luxury, responsible, reliable, and yup, gorgeous, all in one package !! I'll let all know the final numbers. Thanks again. Sue
  • Options
    richardstarrichardstar Member Posts: 6
    I am ignorant to this purchasing process and would really appreciate some feedback before I sign on the dotted line. I'm looking at the TLS Manual with Nav in Sac CA on a 36 yr lease. The NetCap is $36,095, and the Capitalized Cost is $35,500. The drive off is $1,000 and the monthly is $649.19. Does this sound right? I don't get how this works nor need to. I just want to know if I have room to move or is this a solid deal? I believe they will also switch out the rims/tires for some black 19inch they have on the showroom car ($3500 package).

Thanks in advance for any feedback anyone can provide.