Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• My 07 AWD Equinox seems to be forever shifting on the highway. Even the slightest incline, it will shift out of overdrive, sometimes back and forth a couple times. My dealer downloaded a tranny update, but did not help. It's going back to dealer tomorrow to check again. Any others with this problem or how to fix?
    ·
  • Hello All

My wife hit a block ice in a pot-hole on wet-icy road at 25 mile speed and hit a tree in woods.
    My 2005 CRV - SE model was totalled and insurance is giving me ACV value of ACV - $21,790

I bought the car for 25201.95 (following break-up)

Retail Price - 23100.00
    Title Tax - 10
    Dealer Bus Lice Tax - 46.78
    Sales & Use tax= 726.67
    Lice Fee 29.50
    Dealer Processing 289.00
    Extened warranty - 1000.00

As per the Edmunds.com used car report, the used-car report is

005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

True Market Value Pricing
    Trade-In Private Party Dealer Retail
    National Base Price $18,585 $20,106 $21,351
    Optional Equipment $0 $0 $0
    Color Adjustment
    Black $-24 $-26 $-28
    Regional Adjustment
    for Zip Code 20152 $18 $19 $20
    Mileage Adjustment
    29,500 miles $-312 $-312 $-312
    Condition Adjustment
    Clean $0 $0 $0

Total $18,267 $19,787 $21,031

Considering the above, does the value of 21790 offered by the insurance look correct?

Should I not expect ACV value plus sales tax+ dealer processing fee + additional warrenty etc?

Please advise me.
    Thanks a lot.
    ·
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 43,822

Moderator - Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

·
    There's a very helpful discussion called Questions About Auto Insurance & Accidents and there's also this one that's more on point:

Replacement Cost by Insurance Company for Totaled Vehicle

Bummer about the wreck!

·
  • Can anyone advise the 2005 C230K Sedan automatic transmission can be tuned so it shifts without stumping, as well as with less lag? I tried another one at the dealership but there was no significant difference (other than it was a 6-cylinder model). Please feel free to send me an e-mail with information to: sskugor@yahoo.com.
    Thanks,
    Steve
    ·
  • i have a es 300 1994 lexus & it just died. it died while being driven. it's not the battery or the alternator. what else could it be & where am i supposed to post this question?
    ·
    Try the Mercedes-Benz C-Class: Problems & Solutions discussion (and please participate in the discussion instead of emailing so other owners will benefit :shades: ).

·
    I'd ask in the Lexus ES 300/ES 330 discussion. There may be some help in the Idle or Stalling Problems - All Vehicles discussion too.

·
  • nshomonshomo Posts: 1
    will there ever be a section for Mercury Mariner Hybrids?

nancy
    ·
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,059
    Do you mean like this one: Mercury Mariner Hybrid? :)

-Tidester. Host
    ·
  • i have a 02 quad cab f150 4x4 ill be going down a smooth road and at about 40 or 50 it will start bumping rpms willstay the say it not missing or any thing like that also when i go in reverse it will kinda bump also and it will also vibrate at that same speed {40 to 50} can any one please help thanx
    ·
    This is the discussion you want: F150 Vibration Issue

tidester, host
    ·
  • I recently bought a '95 Sportage 4x4 4dr. base Mdl. and the ABS light is always on. I ran the diagnostics (9 flashes) and was directed to check out the speed sensor & ABS Control Unit. Speed sensor ckd. out OK. To my surprise, when I removed the padded panel beneath the stearing column, there was no ABS Control Unit! I called the dealer and gave them my VIN# and they told me my ar did NOT have ABS??? Why is the ABS light on in the dash if it does not have ABS? Anyone???
    ·
    Try the Kia Sportage: Problems & Solutions discussion for advice.

·
  • mman1mman1 Posts: 1
    MY 1985 NISSAN 4x4 PICKUP WILL DIE WHEN YOU APPLY THE BRAKES, EVEN WHEN COASTING. SITTING STILL, IDLEING IT WON'T DIE WHEN YOU HIT THE BRAKES. ANYBODY KNOW WHAT'S UP? THE ENGINE ALSO WILL CONTINUE TO REV FOR 2-3 SECONDS WHEN YOU PUSH IN THE CLUTCH TO CHANGE GEARS. HELP PLEASE
    ·
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    ·
  • how can i disable the factory installed alarm system on my car. Just pull a fuse? i do not want to use the keyless remote any more. I cheched with the delearship to replace the remote. $71.00 for the remote and $95.00 to program it. To much money. Appreciate any help.
    ·
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 6,311
    A good place to start would be in the Oldsmobile Alero group. Choose the appropriate discussion from the list you'll find at that page.

Need some roadside assistance? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

·
  • I just recently purchased a 1992 240 sedan with 75,000 orig
    miles on it. I paid $3800.00 which for the mileage and the condition I thought was fair. There is no rust, just surface scratches. The interior is in great shape, center console is broken and needs to be replaced, and the infamous door pockets need to be replaced. It runs great and handles well. I will need to have the suspension checked as it does make a thud when I hit holes or bumps.
    Was this a good buy/investment? Is this vehicle worth holding onto?
    ·
    The folks in the Volvo 240 Wagons discussion may have some suggestions for you. While waiting for responses you can go to Edmunds.com and Appraise your car.

·
  • i have a 95 mazda 626 4 cyl i have replaced the battery and starter but the car will not crank. all lights work and i also noticed that the fuel pump doesn't even work when you turn the key any ideals
    ·
  • Can you believe this? I took my 2006 Honda Pilot in to the Honda repair shop because it has a bump,bump in the rear. Everytime the car stops or starts or hits a bump, it goes bump, bump...They said it was my gas moving back and forth. Now I have never heard of this. I have had an SUV for the past 10 years and never had this problem. Has anyone had this problem with their Pilots? Thanks, Bev
    ·
    Mazda 626 Starting Issues is a good starting point.

tidester, host
    ·
    Check the Honda Pilot group for related topics.

tidester, host
    ·
  • corvettecorvette United StatesPosts: 4,349
    Not lost, just a heads-up and/or question. The site below doesn't look like an authorized syndication of Edmunds content (scroll one or two screenfuls down to "Real-World Trade-In Values")--it's really badly formatted if they are indeed a partner. Is it legit?

http://pontiac-grand-am.mustreadit.com/2006/06/27/
    ·
  • boobahboobah Posts: 18
    HELP..I need to find an engine for my Jeep Wrangler...1987..am getting totally screwed on prices..either too high or too low..does anyone know of a reputable place to find an engine in the northern NJ area? Thank you!
    ·

·
  • how do you reset the engine light
    ·
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    Stop by the "Check Engine" light discussion and the Jaguar XJ Group for help :)

kcram - Pickups Host
    ·
  • Hello,

My check engine light just started coming on. Whenever it is on my truck will not take off in first gear and seems to have no passing gear when I floor it. Does anyone have any ideas. Also, it goes away when I disconnect the battery terminal and then comes back sporadically.
    ·