Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    bobstbobst Member Posts: 1,776
    I would not take the prices quoted in this DG that seriously. If your OTD price is invoice +200 + transportation + sales tax + tag/title, then it is probably OK. You can offer less to all of your local dealers, but if none of them accept, don't feel bad.

Hey, we went to Cape May last Fall and we loved it. Can't wait to go back in the Spring. We like New Jersey.
  • Options
    rx300ssrx300ss Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

I recently found this forum and been reading up on it. I think it is a great idea to see what others are paying before you purchase. :)

Here in midwest(IL, NW Chicago), I am getting quoted $22200(inc. dest) +TTL for 4cyl EXL-NAV. Is this a good price? I am getting similiar price quotes by other Honda dealers around my area, but I wanted to see how you guys feel about the price. Is there a little bit of room to work with?

TIA
  • Options
    pauleycpauleyc Member Posts: 13
    $22,200 for a Accord, EX, w/ leather and NAV? Is that manual shift?

still, by my book that over $1,400 under invoice ... seems like a deep discount, but if you can get it ... don't walk ... RUN ;)

I would expect a fair price to be more in the order of $23,000. w/ the auto being even more. If I could get $1,500 off invoice, I would be buying my EX-L V6 today ... but instead I hesitate ;)
  • Options
    fredvhfredvh Member Posts: 857
    I agree with you. This price does not seem realistic. How could a dealer sell a car for $1400 UNDER invoice? If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Maybe there is an asterisk on this deal. Is there a manufacturer-to-dealer rebate that we are not aware of?
  • Options
    jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    He did say it is a 4cyl.
  • Options
    It is for an automatic 4 cyl.

I actually took my dealers offer and taking delivery tomorrow. If all goes well, I will post updates. There might be a dealer incentive that I am not aware of but all the quotes I have gotten were close to $22200. :)

My OTD price came to $23971.27. He will have all paper work ready for me, so wish me luck folks! :)
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,529
    You are sure it has Navigation? If so, that is a killer deal....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    You are sure it has Navigation? If so, that is a killer deal....

Yup. :) I test drove one yesterday(Voice recognition was very impressive). I wanted one in silver so it is being brought over from an another dealer. Although I thought the deal was outstanding, but at the same time I thought the deal was about the same everywhere because one other dealer's quote was about $200~$300 off. Couple quotes I've received were $23500+ though.

Now I can't wait til tomorrow to get this thing finalized.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,529
    That is great...

It kills me... I leased Accords in '97, '99 and '01.. All 4-cylinder EX.. with cloth interior.. Nice cars... Great lease deals... But, every one of them had a selling price of over $20K.. To see people buying the '05 model for less... It is just amazing..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,975
    You may want to get started on a new post now because that one will most likely be deleted. This time, first read the instructions at the bottom of the page as to what you can and can't post. 2nd, please stop using all CAPS! It looks like you are shouting and it makes your post very hard to read. Congrats on your purchase, by the way. I'm glad you are happy with your deal.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    xcelxcel Member Posts: 1,025
    Hi Rx300ss:

It appears as if Honda has upped the ante back to pre-Christmas type internalized incentives whatever they may be. Even better in fact given it took a $1,300 FTD incentive to move the 04 EX-L w/ NAVI for < $22,500. Great deal and in fact, that was the best in the country to date on an 05 EX-L w/ NAVI and Auto. Might I ask which dealership you are picking it up at here in Chicago? That was a steal and one that many here had better consider attempting to match with their own local dealerships. There are some that were proud to pick up a straight EX-L for your price in the last month although $23,500 seemed to be about the right price for one of your exact trim. $22,200 is $2,159 under invoice for the NAVI equipped EX-L. Wow. Anyone want to try and break the $22K barrier ;-)

Good Luck and again, excellent price.

Wayne R. Gerdes
  • Options
    kentkmokkentkmok Member Posts: 27
    Just picked up a LX Graphite Pearl Sedan with Automatic from Sierra Honda. Paid $17875 (including dest. charge), +$45 doc. fee, + $1478.4 tax + $177 license fee -- OTD $19584.15, with no trade-in. Got the 2.9% 60 months, zero down financing through American Honda too. This is $1000 below invoice I think?

I did the whole deal through emails. I offered $17875 and they ok immediately with no haggling. The whole buying process was very straightforward. The guy was very professional. This is the best and easiest car buying experience I have.
  • Options
    Hi All:

Given what RX300ss has recently picked up his 05 Accord EX-L w/ NAVI for, these prices seem high to me other then the AH but here they are anyway …

Grand Honda

05 Accord EX I4 w/ Auto: $20,344

05 Accord EX V6 w/ Auto: $23,588

05 Accord Hybrid (non-NAVI): $28,000

Good Luck

Wayne R. Gerdes
  • Options
    accoraccor Member Posts: 2
    This msg sounds fishy to me. Are you a salesman from the dealership. Come on this is for honest customers sharing their experiences. Dont promote your dealership.
  • Options
    tds1tds1 Member Posts: 74
    That seems like a fantastic price on an Accord Hybrid, doesn't it? I thought they were going at sticker. Also, that 05 EX Auto is $2218 under invoice if that price includes destination. That is remarkable! If you add the Navi option, that is pretty close to RX300's price. Must be some incentive on the 4 cyl - doesn't appear to apply to V6 though. :(
  • Options
    rodgers7rodgers7 Member Posts: 13
    I'm shopping for a 2005 EX V6 Automatic Sedan with Navigation system in the Atlanta, Georgia area. MSRP is $29,215 and Invoice is $26,336. Considering the 3% dealer holdback on the base MSRP is $861, is it reasonable to think I can make a deal at $500 (or better) under invoice? Thanks for your help!!
  • Options
    Hi Tds1:

Yes, the AH price is the best I have seen anywhere. I have read of $1K under MSRP for one but not $2K!

In regards to the EX w/ Auto, it wasn&#146;t the EX-L so its pricing doesn&#146;t exactly compare with what RX300ss picked his up his EX-L w/ NAVI for. That EX w/ Auto was listed at just $780 under Invoice vs. RX300ss&#146; $2,159 under invoice. His was an absolute steal and the best price I have ever heard of anywhere in the country according to this forums Prices Paid! I believe there were some 04 LX and EX&#146;s w/ sticks that were E-Bayed from a Honda dealer out of NY a few months ago that went for a similar discount but they were sticks and they were 04&#146;s being blown out to move off the lot. Great prices as well but not in the same league given they were year older models and manuals to boot. The meat cleavers (manuals) as the Trade in Guys like to call them are a bit rough on the resale side of the equation if you know what I mean ;-)

Good Luck

Wayne R. Gerdes
  • Options
    Don't forget about the $500 manufacturer to dealer incentive. So, yes, that price should be doable.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    gbrozen, based on some Internet research I've done, the $500 manufacturer to dealer incentive only applies to the coupes. Perhaps I misunderstood. Does the dealer also get $500 for the 4 door sedan? Thanks for your response!
  • Options
    fredvhfredvh Member Posts: 857
    It was my understanding too that the $500 was only for the 2-doors but maybe that has changed, but I have not seen it.
  • Options
    japultrajapultra Member Posts: 10
    I just purchased a new Accord Sedan EX-L I4 with the spoiler today for $21746 with the Honda spoiler + 515 for freight + all taxes and tags. I believe I got a great deal. I also had a wonderful buying experience (Sport Honda in Silver Springs MD). I recommend this dealer to anyone in the area looking for a new Accord. (Out the door price was $23085)
  • Options
    rkrfrkrf Member Posts: 3
    HI,

just want to know if the Honda is 05 and the deal you bought from.

Thanx.
  • Options
    kentkmokkentkmok Member Posts: 27
    Jason,

Yes, it's an 05. I bought it from Sierra Honda in Monrovia. I actually had a local dealer (Miller Honda in Culver City) to match the price -- but I didn't buy from them because when I called, I kind of felt that they are 'sneaky'.

BTW, I seriously don't know how the dealer would make enough money to cover their cost by selling the car at $1000 under invoice... Maybe there is some kind of incentive to dealer that we aren't aware of yet.

Ken
  • Options
    I'm in the DC area (nova) and wondered about your deal. Is it a manual trans? Any idea how much the spoiler was? If your deal was an auto, you were about $1k under invoice 'and' a spoiler which is probably worth $400 dealer cost. Total of about $1400 under invoice. If so, that is a good deal.

I'm looking at the accord, sedan, leather, v6, w/ NAVI. Invoice is $26,335, but I'd like to get around $25,500 or better ... ideally $25k even.

I'll have to check out Sport Honda tomorrow.
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,168
    >$177 license fee

Is this a fee for license or does it include a tax on the car's value? I feel our license fee of $50 including a $15 county road tax is high here in Ohio, but $177 is a lot more.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    At 3:00 PM today evening, I bought my first car (05' Accord 4cyl 4 dr Auto) from Bowling Green Ohio. Showroom's sales rep., told me that they have a cool deal on BGSU, Ohio college sport coaches driven demo cars who will drive the cars for less than 6000 miles and send it back to the dealer for sales. Just for publicity I think.

The sales rep., said actual price is 21K + taxes and for you 19,045 + taxes and when I asked for more reduction he gave it for me for 18,045 + taxes. The car has 5,000 miles on it. Overall came out to be $20,445 OTD . I got on on Honda 2.9 % finance. I did 2,000 down payment.

I came to know about the forums later and after reading all the messages feeling like I got robbed badly.

I am wondering if there is there any way to get recovered? Like ask for some money back or something.

I cant stop kicking my own ........
  • Options
    My daughter attends UT and my son attends BGSU. I bought my daughter a new Civic EX in 2003 from Brown Honda in Toledo. I did not get favorable pricing from the BG dealership. Again, in December of 2004 I purchased my son a 2005 Civic EX from Brown. Same story-- BG Honda was not competitive.

Having said that, don't be too upset. You bought a fantastic car that will last many, many years - and you did negotiate the price down quite a bit. You may have a three return option by law but I'm guessing they'll make it difficult and expensive to "start over".
  • Options
    Does anybody know the dealer cost, including installtion for these goodies? What's a fair price to pay? I hate to negotiate a great deal on the car and then get ripped off on dealer add-on toys.

1) EX Sport Package (spoiler, fog lights and auto dimming rearview mirror)

2) Gold Emblem kit

3) Fenderwell trim

4) Splash guards

5) Door edge guards

6) Premium floor mats

7) Pin Striping

Thanks again for your help!!
  • Options
    "demo cars who will drive the cars for less than 6000 miles and send it back to the dealer for sales. Just for publicity I think."

Certainly not publicity... is it a new title? 6000 miles is ALOT for a "demo".

You certainly could have had this car for considerably less being it is a "demo" or used.

I do not think you got robbed as you voluntaraly handed over the cash.

I do not see why car dealers have demo cars as they can not sell it for as much as if it were new. Why do car dealers let their sales people drive the new cars?
  • Options
    Folks.. it is done deal! :)

I am now a proud new owner of silver 05 Accord EXL-NAVI auto 4 cyl. Price break down follows:

$22,200.00 2005 Accord EXL-NAV

$ 55.39 Documentary Fee

$22,255.39 Sub Total

$ 1,559.63 Tax ( 7% Illinois, Non Cook County)

$ 15.00 Cook County Fee

$ 25.00 Electronic Filing Fee

$ 143.00 New Plate

$23,998.02 Total

$ 755.00 Optional 7/75000/0 Hondacare

I purchased it from O'hare Honda in Des Plaines, IL. I've started getting my quote via email, and over all experience was excellent! Sales person was very pleasure to deal with and the Manager was not pushy at all. The sales person said that if someone mentions my name, he should be able to give the same price for the vehicle. So, if you need contact information shoot me an email. :)

I've been driving this car whole day today, and BOY DO I LOVE THIS CAR!! :) Nav with voice recognition is sweeeeeet!
  • Options
    Hi Rx300ss:

I was almost worried your price was too good to be true and that you would never post back here again! I actually mentioned your 05 Accord I4 w/ Auto - EX-L w/ NAVI price in 2 other forums in the last 2 days given the &#147;best in class&#148; ever price up to this point in time. About all I can add is that you have one great car and for one hell of a deal.

I don&#146;t know if you know this or not but in your NAVI, you have an FCD with an Instantaneous Fuel Economy meter prominently displayed. Might I suggest that you press up your tires a bit and begin using that gauge for the best FE? After a while, you will be amazed at what your new Accord I4 w/ Auto is actually worth. With a little practice, you will be quite adept at hypermiling as some of us Hybrid pilots like to call it and the I4 is worth south of 50 mpg&#146;s out on the highway at slower speeds in warmer temps …

Congrats on the new Accord and Good Luck

Wayne R. Gerdes
  • Options
    japultrajapultra Member Posts: 10
    Pauleyc,

Yes, it was an auto. I forgot to mention that. The spoiler I got for $450 installed.
  • Options
    Wayne,

Are you referring to "Trip computer" in the info screen? I think that's where I saw the instant FE meter. When you say press the tire, does that mean put more air in it? wow.. south of 50.. of course chicago is never known for warm temps around this time of the year but I guess I will have to wait til spring. :)

If I may ask, can you recommend some forums besides this re accords?

Thanks,

John
  • Options
    Hi Rx300ss:

I sent you an E-Mail including another Accord site I have been learning quite a bit from. Hopefully that will get you started.

Yes, the Trip Computer as accessed via your Info button.

Press up the tires means higher pressures. Your Michelins are rated for 44 #&#146;s max sidewall which may be to rough a ride for you? I test drove a brand new 04 I4 w/ Auto - EX-L w/ NAVI and had the dealership (Rosen Honda in Gurnee) take the tires up to 40 #&#146;s last September. At 58 mph or less in low 70 degree temps, I saw a solidly pegged Instantaneous for well over 3 miles on Route 41 before I hit the first light. I saw the same on the way back. A solidly pegged Instantaneous is equivalent to 50 + mpg given that is the max range of the meter. My final per the trip computer including 15 miles of local city and 13 miles of highway showed a decent 44.3 mpg. I know most Accord drivers have never and will never see this result but with some game gauge training, you would be amazed at what that smaller i-VTEC in the Accord is actually worth when driven to its fuel economy extremes. If I ever do purchase an Accord, I will be running the OEM Michelins at 52.5 #&#146;s myself but I am a fuel economy hound and have always pushed the envelope farther then most ever will. Don&#146;t even think about it, ok ;-)

Good Luck and enjoy your new Accord. She is a beauty.

Wayne R. Gerdes
  • Options
    it seems you are correct. i thought it was on all, but just checked again and the sedans don't seem to be as greatly discounted as the coupes.

• Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    You didn't get "robbed"..

Picking my words carefully here....

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for your support.

Ok, i cant wait any more to enjoy my new car.

It is smooth and elegant.

Long live Edmund forum.

Wishes,
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,168
    My question would have been: How much can I buy a used Honda Accord for on the used car market with 5000 miles on it? Then I would have tempered that value with the new car warranty. It does have a new car warranty and has never been titled??? right???

If you go to the BMV of Ohio at

https://www.dps.state.oh.us/atps/titleinq.asp?mode=i

and enter the vehicle ID number and search, it will tell you if it has been registered before.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    tlaurotlauro Member Posts: 504
    6000 miles is normal for a demo to be parked at. It's not a lot of miles and within the Ohio law to be sold as new still. Demo's are not titled, but the warranty clock does start ticking once it's put 'in service' as a demo.

lots of reasons dealers let demos be driven. I won't get into them, but overall, not all of them do it.

tim

former dealer.
  • Options
    tlaurotlauro Member Posts: 504
    used model Accords with 5000 miles...and when I say used, I mean that have been titled will likely be marketed for about 10% behind total net cost to the dealer. again, warranty starts ticking the moment the car is put in service as a demo.
  • Options
    kfranci2kfranci2 Member Posts: 31
    This is a question for Wayne or anyone else who has had an experience with Grand Honda. Are these prices for real? Do they honor them for out-of-towners? I live in Mpls and would be willing to fly down for a $23.6K accord but not be baited and switched once i get there.
  • Options
    jbaerjbaer Member Posts: 45
    Was this for an auto or manual? The invoice on an 05 accord EX-auto with navi and leather is $24,359 according to edmunds. Your price is $2000 under invoice. Even if it was a manual that is still $1400 under invoice. I don't see how the dealers can do this. The holdbacks on honda's are only 3% of MSRP, which in this case is only ~$800. Any ideas out there? I was going to just get a manual accord EX-L without the navi but if people are really getting $1500 under invoice I might throw the navi in as well. Thanks in advance for any replies.
  • Options
    I just put a deposit on a Accord, 4dr, auto, v6, ex-l, w/ NAV. They are transferring one in b/c no one in the DC area has a white one. The deal is basically invoice (+$100 for mudguards). I tried to get under invoice, but for the fully equipped accords ... everyone wanted about 1k over invoice and wouldn't deal. I wish I could do better, but I have contacted 5 dealerships already, including several listed in this thread. I think its a very nicely equip'd car for the $$, so I'm not too disappointed.

How much have people been able to get fully equip'd ones for?
  • Options
    It was for automatic. My sales person said he SHOULD be able to give the same deal to everyone else. I believe all other dealer should be able to match price since my $22200 was not a haggled price. :) I was given this price on my first email response. If you are not getting a similiar price, send me an email and I will give you my contact information for O'hare Honda. You can even mention my name to the SP, if you think that will help you.

One thing that I might add, Gentile Auto Group in Racine, WI quoted me $22488(288 more), so I think $22200 is very "do-able" price for the dealers. Muller and Rosen was little high at $23500+, according to wayne here, that me even be the "right" price. :)

All of the above dealers I've mentioned were pleasure to deal with. I've only been in contact with them via email. I do not know how the dealer is in person, but they all were very prompt and curtious in email. The only personal contact was O'hare Honda and they were great. :)

Good luck.
  • Options
    Hi Kfranci2:

Just last week someone was going to purchase from Grand Honda and they were not local. They never replied back as to what they finally did? They did say that Grand Honda would not place anything in writing. Given the price RX300ss picked his completely loaded up I4 from O&#146;Hare Honda, I see no need to deal with Grand if the best price is an E-Mail away. I would also try Gentile in Racine as there price on the I4 was darn competitive as well. Who knows what Honda is doing but they are offering something big to these dealerships as it sounds like Christmas through New Year&#146;s week of 04 all over again. With a totally loaded up I4 going for just $22,200, the EX V6 (w/out NAVI) should be available for around $22,400 - $22,500 if the Honda dealerships are receiving the same incentives to move the V6&#146;s as they are the I4&#146;s? Honda&#146;s top exec&#146;s said they were going to protect Accord sales at all costs but I didn&#146;t expect to see it so soon. Wow.

Good Luck

Wayne R. Gerdes
  • Options
    nissinfinmannissinfinman Member Posts: 9
    That's great to see that an I4 w/navi sold for $22,200. I'm actually looking to buy an EX V6 w/o navi. Since the invoice and MSRP are very close to the I4 w/navi (about $100 more) I see how it would make sense that assumming the same incentive exists for the V6, it should go for a similar amount. The big question of course is what the current incentive is on the car I want. Therefore, my question to anyone is have you seen any dealer newspaper ads for the EX V6 w/o navi? Or do you know what this car is selling for now? Where I live, they only advertise lease prices for this car, they never advertise the selling price. I'm actually going to be buying in April but hopefully the incentives will be equal to or better than what they are now but I'm posing the question now so I can stay informed. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks so much!
  • Options
    Hi Nissinfinman:

If you look back a page or two or maybe 3 now ;-), you can find out what our local (Chicago area) screamer ad Honda dealership lists the 05 Accord Sedan - EX V6 (w/out NAVI) for incl. destination. At $951 under invoice, I thought it was a great deal but not after the $2,159 under invoice deal of RX300ss&#146;. If it will be April or thereabouts, I would simply watch this forum as I am and see what comes of it. You never hear the Honda salesman that participate in this thread actually offer any information as to what AHMC is actually doing and it&#146;s too bad for all of our sakes.

Good Luck

Wayne R. Gerdes
  • Options
    njcarguy1njcarguy1 Member Posts: 3
    No he is not lying, Open Road do give the best no haggle, no hassle deals, try for yourself, go to their website www.openroadhonda.com and try the insta quote system they have. I bought my accord there too, 5 minutes for a price and 90 minutes to pick it up, they also shipped a car to my cousin in Virginia
  • Options
    joe30joe30 Member Posts: 7
    Bought a 2005 Accord EX V6 for 27427 after TTL

Includes: wheel locks, splash guards, trunk liner, ATP ($450), extended warranty 7/100k ($900). I think I got a good deal considering the extras and I got their 2.9% financing as well. Car only had 5 mi on it. I only put $2500 down payment, but I didnt have to put anything down if I didnt want. This was at Downy HondaWorld.
  • Options
    What is "ATP"?