Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• Options
    partsgalpartsgal Member Posts: 2
    The passenger side marker light burned out on my 2004 RAV4 about a year ago. Went to my manual for instructions to remove and replace. The bulb was not where shown in the manual. Located the outlet, but was not able to get to it. Can someone please tell me what needs to be done to replace this bulb (an under $1 item) as I have no intention of paying dealer labor rates for maintenance I should be able to do myself. Thanks, in advance, for any and all help.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
  • Options
    dugan00dugan00 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 1992 Camry with close to 210,000 miles on it and it's still going sort of strong. lol. About 20,000 miles ago I had to replace the radiator and once I did that, my temperature guage started to spike, just like yours. It turned out to be the temp sensor. A small part and it took my brother in law (a mechanic) about 10 minutes to change.

It's no biggie. Once you get that part changed you should be good to go.
  • Options
    toonsinatortoonsinator Member Posts: 2
    Where is the EIN located on the engine of a 2000 Ford Taurus? If I stand in front facing the radiator, where would it be found? Thank you John
  • Options
    blackdayzblackdayz Member Posts: 16
    I would like to know if anyone know if a 1968 B18B engine is internally or externally balanced?If it need a harmonic balancer or not?
  • Options
  • Options
    Must be a lot of people rebuilding their engines these days!

For this stumper Blackdayz, I think I'd start in the 1970's & '80s Volvos discussion (don't see anything earlier off-hand). And check out the whole Maintenance & Repair board too.
  • Options
    toonsinatortoonsinator Member Posts: 2
    Steve I have tried seaching the forums yu mentioned, in addiion to others. The seaches have all returned "matched no results". Let's forget about Taurus. Where in general does Ford Motor stamp the EIN on the engine? Thank you John
  • Options
    Dunno - try asking in the Got a Quick, Technical Question? discussion. Mostly people talk about VINs, not engine or tranny numbers, so just searching may not turn up anything. Good luck!
  • Options
    tselgastselgas Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Tom
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,326
    Searching is good.. but, going to the discussion and posting your question is better!!

Ask for the information you need in the proper discussion, then wait to see if someone has your answer. Our members have a lot of collective information just waiting for someone that wants to read about it!

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Looks like you figured it out. Welcome! :)
  • Options
    ksig419ksig419 Member Posts: 4
    hey everyone I was wondering if anyone knows if an older ford nine inch will fit, if you missed my last post and are wondering why Im asking this question its because I am wanting to put a small block chevy in the car with around 500 hrp. but I have been told that the stock rearend is only good for around 250 or 300, so the next best thing was to try and put in a ford nine, well any help with this whole topic would be greatany websites, pictures etc.
  • Options
    I'd ask in the Engine Swaps (Performance Swaps) discussion.
  • Options
    partsgalpartsgal Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, but no help at either forum. Will hope someone out there will be able to help.
  • Options
    mookmanmookman Member Posts: 3
    I recently bought a toyota camry LE. and when i bought the car, the price included the price of the auto-dimming mirror and a remote start.
    I just got my car back with one of the accessories, the remote start installed today. Thats when I noticed the part installed wasn't the original toyota accessory and was a cheap third party spare, but when the sale was made it was based on the toyota accessory list prices. I dont know if i was cheated or this the norm.
    Posting this here as I dont see a thread for such questions. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
    mooks
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Similar issues have been discussed in New Camry Owner Reports.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    What you need to do is post your question in one of those discussions Steve linked for you. That's where you are more likely to find the folks who can help.
  • Options
    med1copmed1cop Member Posts: 2
    First tranny problem: when cold (Michigan) tranny will not shift out of 2nd gear for 1/4 to 1/2 mile.
    Second problem: Often when warm will not shift out of 2nd gear. Often when turning a corner hard, will drop into 2nd and not shift out. When this happens the only way to get it to shift properly is to turn off the car and restart. works great then. Dealer had it and could find no troubles. Even had it when it didn't shift for them and they still couldn't find the problem
  • Options
    Try Audi A6 first. You can also check the Audi A6 group for matching topics.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    seb455seb455 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 1994 S10 P/U I bought new. When I turn on the wipers, I get both speeds and spray, but they won't shut off. I have to pull the fuse. Only when they are turned on, they don't shut off. When the power is interrupted(fuse pulled), they "reset". The wiring has never been disturbed, no alarm, stereo, etc. have been added. What is the probable cause? I alredy replaced the lever on the column.
  • Options
    I would try S10/S15/Sonoma: Electrical Problems.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    Guys, what happened to this forum ?

I've looked under motorsports and can't find it ? I was going to talk about this segment with paisan, since he races these cars. Where id it go ???? :confuse:

Thanks,

Rocky
  • Options
    It's right where you left it: Factory, and built for Racing Rally cars

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    tidster, Sorry I must be blinde :surprise: I guess you can be my seeing eye dog pal :blush:

Rocky
  • Options
    kgettokgetto Member Posts: 3
    I need some guidance on where to look for a 1973 Vega cooling fan. I have looked on several websites and it seems to be the only part they don't have! Any help would be great!
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    I actually owned a '73 Vega at one time (You can even see a pic on my CarSpace page)

Maybe the fan is part of another part? It was easy enough to find parts suppliers, but I haven't run into a listing for a cooling fan yet either.
  • Options
    I thought of that, but am only finding radiators and such. We bought this for our duaghter, believe it or not - a cool old car. She went scooting down the alley in the mud and "slid" into the neighbors fence. Just chipped a bit off of one fan blade, probably okay for now, but I would feel better with a new one. How do I get to your Carspace page to see the Vega?
  • Options
    Ok, I found your page! Cool Veaga. Ours is a Camback - we call it Orange Crush!

Noticed you like airplane spotting aswell. Interesting as my dad was a pilot, and I live not too far from a small airport and the old Londgren airplane factory. "Spot" planes frequently!
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    http://www.carspace.com/pf_flyer

Look for the photo album titled Cars of My Checkered Past

By the way, YOUR CarSpace page is just sitting there waiting for you to set it up. Click on that My CarSpace link near the upper left corner of this page to get there. Just a quick fill of some profile info and you're ready to start adding things. If youhave any questions or need help with your page, feel free to click on my username and drop me an email!
  • Options
    lucybrownlucybrown Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 Saab 95 Gary Fisher edition wagon. I looked for information of price to ask for sale, and only found Aero 95 wagons. What is the proper way to figure the price, with all the bells and whistles this car comes with? My car is in excellent condition, never in an accident, with 109,000 miles. Maintained perfectly.
  • Options
    ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    You could ask the folks in the Saab 9-5 Wagon discussion for advice.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• Options
    Claires has given you a great suggestion. You could also post in the Real-World Trade-In Values discussion for some more opinions.
  • Options
    gotigers66gotigers66 Member Posts: 5
    I have a 99' Alero, 3.1 and the first thing that happned was about a week ago, it wouldn't start. My wife had it at a gas station and a guy came over to help her and said to lock and unlock the car 3 or 4 times. She did so, and it worked. The next day the car was working fine. That night I went to pick her up, and I had to do the same thing with the lock unlock thing. The following morning, I went to start it and it missed the first time. Fired up on the second try. Didn't drive it all day. That night it started up fine for her, and then she turned the car off, then went to start it again and wouldn't start. We have replaced the starter, and it worked fine for 3 or 4 starts, now we are back to square 1.

This morning it wouldn't start at all. When I turn the key it does nothing. I take the key out and all my gauges on my dash board go crazy. The needles bounce all over the place with the car turned off. I read about leaving the key on acc or on for 10-20 mins, so I tried that, nothing. But everytime I do that, my clock goes back to 1:00 the next time the battery is on. Now I am getting a click like the battery is dead.

Please help!
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Hi gotigers66,
    I see you found the Alero discussion and posted here:
    gotigers66, "Oldsmobile Alero" #2887, 18 Apr 2007 7:18 am

You might also check our Maintenance & Repair area, and post your issue in our discussion called "No Start" Problems

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I'd just add perhaps $700-$1000 to the price. That's about what the GF edition premium would be in a 2000 vehicle.
  • Options
    snailysnaily Member Posts: 1
    Mercedes Benz--my out of control light flashes when I am traveling about 50 miles per hour. While I am going straight down the road. Then my car swerves. Under 50 MPH no light flashes.
  • Options
    sbilodeausbilodeau Member Posts: 5
    I have a 2004 Kia Sorento, 5 speed manual transmission with 39,000 miles. Several times now I have put the car in neutral and had it stall. It will only stay running in 5th gear. If I give it plenty of gas it will slowly pick up speed in 5th gear ( the dealer tells me that it won't got in 5th gear from a stand still, not so) and run normally. I have taken it to the dealer each time it has happened but since it is working fine when I get it there they tell me they can't tell what is wrong since it is now working fine and they can't duplicate the problem. I can't get it in when there's a problem because it works itself out after driving a few blocks. It seems like the car gets stuck in 5th gear. Has anyone else out there had a problem with their vehicle stalling out like this? I'm getting very frustrated!!!!
  • Options
    You don't say which Mercedes you are driving - try a Browse By Vehicle search on the left for forum discussions about the various MBs. Most of the MB groups have Maintenance & Repair discussions so your best bet is to post in one for your model MB.
  • Options
    Other owners can respond if you post in the Kia Sorento Maintenance and Repair discussion. If no one steps forward to help, try the Got a Quick, Technical Question? discussion.
  • Options
    cfaurecfaure Member Posts: 4
    I recently bought a Chevy Tracker 2000, 2.0L, automatic. I had to change the engine and found a 1999. It was changed and now it won't start. My mechanich checked everything and he can't find the problem. It could be a security problem? He checked the sensors and they seem ok. Electricity won't go to the engine. Please help!
  • Options
    Try posting in the Chevrolet Tracker Maintenance and Repair discussion and perhaps the "No Start" Problems discussion.
  • Options
    dave_h2dave_h2 Member Posts: 100
    Can someone point me in the direction of where I can find a step-by-step approach to contacting an Internet Sales Manager?

For instance, the correct way to word my email so that they will know I'm serious; that I know the costs of (most) everything; and that I want the very best quote they can give me.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
  • Options
    altair4altair4 Member Posts: 1,469
    I'm not sure how great your dealer is, given your problems within 1 month. Is this a VW dealer, or not? Certified Pre-Owned or not?

I just answered your other question over on "Passat 2005 and Earlier." A faulty igintion coil will in all likelihood throw a code and would register as a misfire. Your car would feel like it's not firing on a 4 or 6 cylinders.

Is this a 1.8T engine? Automatic (Tiptronic) transmission? I'd suggest that you consider taking the car to a technician well-versed in VWs. They aren't your average car....
  • Options
    Give Internet vs. Traditional Car Buying a try.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    souredontoyotasouredontoyota Member Posts: 1
    Wanted to post about an unsavory experience with my 2005 Camry that needed a transmission at 22,000 miles. Each time I went to the dealer, they told me it was the tires....and after each successive test drive after not fixing the problem...the dealer found it necessary to acknowledge the actual problem; due to faulty quality, the car persists to behave like a 15 year old vehicle....after 5 times in over 2 months and no satisfaction. I have work orders that claimed replacement of the steering pump, the wheel bearings and the transmission....a new one was promised and a rebuilt one supposedly installed....now that car still makes strange whining sounds so embarassing when business associates ride with me. Where is that legendary Toyota quality? Oh what a feeling!! Would I buy another? What do you think?!
  • Options
    You can discuss those issues with other owners in Toyota Camry 2006 and earlier.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    dave_h2dave_h2 Member Posts: 100
    Thanks.

Will do.
  • Options
    todd69todd69 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me how or where I can find some info on how to replace the back three spark plugs and wires on a 2002 Hyundai Sonata, GLS V6. Looks like the manifold has to be loosened somehow and I don't want to unhook or take more pieces off of the car than I have too.
    Take you in advance.
    Todd
  • Options
    I think Hyundai Sonata Maintenance and Repair would be a great place to start!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper