Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to learn more!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    daveo1daveo1 Member Posts: 1
    Folks, I just walked out the door with a 2007 EX-L for $28,901. Base price was $27,086, $595 destination, plus $289 for dealer processing fee. Taxes/tags account for the balance. Started off with several quotes via email from dealers in MD & VA and ultimately worked out a good number that the dealer down the street matched.
  • Options
    3v1a3v1a Member Posts: 3
    Hi Guys,I just got a 2007 honda odyssey EXL with RES and NAV for $32250 out the door.I forgot to mention that I traded my 1998 toyota sienna with 118,000 miles for $5000.Is this a good deal.Please let me know.Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    hondafordhondaford Member Posts: 51
    3 or 2 years? Money factor?
  • Options
    sarge2007sarge2007 Member Posts: 18
    That is a great deal for the 2007 Odyssey EXL with RES and NAV, since the invoice is $32,012. I guess the dealer lost money and you got the steal of the century at $2000 under invoice. What was the selling price of the car before TTL? Where did you buy the car at?
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    I have one that's Midnight Blue Pearl (which for all practical purposes is about as dark as black) and the AC has had no problem keeping up, not even in the heat and mountains on I-8 between Yuma, AZ, and San Diego.

While prices, as such, aren't differentiated by color, demand for certain colors can vary by market.

If you've never had a black vehicle be prepared to devote extra time to keeping it clean because the color shows dirt and waterspots all too readily. And it's a vehicle with LOTS of body surface.
  • Options
    I bought the van at Honda of concord in NC.They were offering me for $31250 before TTL.With 3%tax and etc I paid that amount.I tried in Gastonia and Charlotte.They were asking more for 2006 model.The guy in clt even wished me good luck to get it from somewhere else, when I asked $30000 plus tax for 2006 model with just dvd.
  • Options
    ehessehess Member Posts: 2
    Had similar experience...invoice is 28,598 (including 595 destination charge)...got $750 off invoice...like your taxes better than Tax Jersey (7%).
  • Options
    jsmartjsmart Member Posts: 3
    I really don't know how anyone is getting the great prices you all are getting. I live in North Dakota and the dealers around here are asking MSRP and getting it they have a one price deal no dealing. Can someone please tell me of a dealer around northern North Dakota willing to deal. Thanks for all your help.
  • Options
    1crab1crab Member Posts: 8
    $34,679 is the final price OTD on the previous post I mentioned.I'm pretty sure this is good deal.I saw one post for something like 32000 OTD but something's up with that
    deal.Was it $32000 OTD and they took your trade in??
    IOW more like 37000 OTD???Just curious.
    Best of luck to all.I have been in here lurking for several months.My search is over tommorrow.Thanks to all.
    Ron
  • Options
    I got it for $27500 OTD with my trade in for $5000.
  • Options
    I can't recall anyone from ND posting a price paid in the last couple of years.

Expand your search geographically. Send out for email quotes in an ever expanding circle. Given the lack of populous cities in your area, you may have to go quite a distance to find any competition.

Some store somewhere wants your business more than the others - you only have to locate it.
  • Options
    Well here it is: Nimbus gray 2007 EXL w/ Res/Navi for
    $800 UNDER invoice.No additional anything, just the car as it rolled off the assy. line.So the final score was $34453.44 OTD.Here in So.Cali the tax is 8.25 just to be sure the state gets theirs....again.A great deal to be sure.Yeah I got wise and looked up the 2007 invoice on Edmonds. (just a month ago they didn't have the invoice on the 07's yet.)And so figure I worked about a month getting prices, with only 3 dealers out of 25 polled.None too interested and one I think just leading me.....I new I lived here in So. Cal for more than just the weather (it's been 85 here for the past week, oh and the surfs been pretty decent as of late)
    E-mail the Gardena store and get ahold of the internet manager their.Everyone there was absolutely first class with
    NO attitude, just really nice people.I wouldn't go anywhere
    else.(My sister and dad both bought Elements there in the last 2 years)Great buying experience.Good luck to you all.
    Peace,
    R
    btw: After getting the car home.....It's got sooo many friggin' gadgets, it's scary!
  • Options
    Great deal with $800 under invoice. Was this the orginial price offer from Gardena Honda. Did you pay any dealer fees? What were the friggin gadgets you got?
  • Options
    turquoisetrlturquoisetrl Member Posts: 3
    I got the same quote of the base price from a South Florida dealer: 26000 for 07 EX, but also quoted $500 for dealer fee. Has your price included the dealer fee? Thanks.
  • Options
    mahalumahalu Member Posts: 5
    So I made my purchase yesterday for a 2007 EXL w/ RES & NAV out the door price of $32,512.00 plus Lic. fees. At Parker Johnstone's Wilsonville Honda(www.wilsonvillehonda.com) in of course, Wilsonville, Oregon- just south of Portland. I got the Slate Green w/Dk Grey Leather a very pretty combo.
    This dealership did everything right for me. A great price yes but also courtesy and professionlism that I didn't think existed in auto retailing. I went ahead and bought the hondacare extended warrenty from them after they basically met the best online price I had found. Also went for the Diamon-fusion glass protection because I really love clear glass and see it as a safety feature. I brought my husband in today, after the sale, and our salesman went over the Nav & Res and showing us all the details of our new car. These guys really go the extra mile and the nicest showroom I've seen (and I had bought a Lexus in '91 so I've seen good service.)
    Thank you everyone who helped me with your posts. Best of luck with your purchase. :D
  • Options
    Wow, Mahalu got an impossible deal at approx. $200 OTD, over net incoice, which here is $32327 inc. dest fees.
    Hey Sarge, they wanted $399 for the "etched glass" feature which is bs, I told them I didn't want it, of course it's already on the car, nice try.Other than that, no other dealer adds, other than $8.50 tire fee, in the bottom line.The gadgets????The car comes with soooo many features
    tied into the Navi its rediculous.Took awhile to figure out all the buttons etc.I guess it's the Navi which turns out to be the biggest drawback on this car.I currnently use a Tom Tom 400 in my work truck, and the Navi. software on that little thing puts Honda to shame!!No joke, the Tom Tom is the best aftermarket GPS I have ever used.IE. On Hondas Navi to re-calculate the current route takes about four different key strokes on the touch screen.The Tom Tom takes
    two.Difference?Yes, because if you dont like the route offered you do that a couple times quick to ge the route you want.Not so easy on the Honda.Anyway, Cali. readers give Gardena Honda a shot,no that was not their og offer.I had a hard time getting anybody to go $500 under.End of month they are moving cars....beginning of month they don't even want to talk to you!Good luck all.
    R
  • Options
    fx35awdfx35awd Member Posts: 218
    How extensive is the installation? Do you have to fit it or drill or just pull up the lid and pop the lazy susan in. Is it a one step installation? Thank you very much for you useful posting. Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    Wow, $32,250 out the door? That out the door price is $800 below invoice. They practically gave the car to you and it is an '07? That is unbelievable. They must made a lot of money off of your Sienna.
  • Options
    ddon_odsyddon_odsy Member Posts: 4
    Yes, Base price included the dest fees 26000+ ttl & dealer fee.
    In Florida most of the Honda dealers has charged 500+ as a dealer document fees. I know it’s huge. I paid this...
  • Options
    kw4kw4 Member Posts: 13
    We took the car in last Friday for a checkup on the brakes. The dealer did not find any problems, and told us to drive the car for a while to see if the problem persists. I suspect the brake feel is simply different in this newer Odyssey model.
  • Options
    sandiego22sandiego22 Member Posts: 3
    This weekend we just got an '07 EX-L (with no options) on it for $654 below invoice! I'm in SanDiego and after reading posts from folks here decided to get bids from LA and ended up at Norm Reeves in West Covina. Base price with dest. included was $27,944 and out the door with 7.75% tax rate (san diego's) for $30,435.31. (Submited an email request for quote via their web page and that was the quote that came back.)

Thanks everyone for all the info here!

Now to find the best warranty... I've read about bernardi's (www.hondawarrantyinfo.com) for $1231 for 8yr/120K. Has anyone purchased it thru the web and have any advice for me before I try it? The dealer said that his cost for that honda care warranty was $1500 so I wanted to be sure that the web one was "for real".

Thanks!
  • Options
    mahalumahalu Member Posts: 5
    After I showed the dealer the bernardi quote for 1231.which they were totally amazed by- they offered it to me for 1331. I figured it was worth the extra hundred to get it from the dealer I will be using regularly. If you ever do have to use it I think having the one who has been serviceing your car all along is going to go a long way to making things go smoothly. Plus by the time we had gotten this far I felt so postive about the deal and the way my long buying process had gone that I was happy to buy it from them.
    Good luck
  • Options
    That is exactly why I'm not buying the NAV. I'm in Colorado Springs, CO. I'm looking for a 07 Odyssey EX-L w/RES and no NAV. The best price I have now is $29,486, with a $399 dealer fee= $29,885. I'm seeing you guys out in Cali getting those $800 under invoice deals, what's up with that? I should have bought one there when I was in Long Beach. Did Gardena Honda charge you a dealer fee?
    Out here in CO the Odyssey's are standard with no accessories, none of that etched glass stuff. How do you like the RES? Did you get the cargo mats? I getting the ALL-SEASON Cargo Mats for all the snow out here, and then I will have somebody place some OG Honda splash guards on.

Thanks for all the tips.
  • Options
    mfflmffl Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if Honda offers any incentives for repeat buyers of Honda cars?
    If so how do I go about receiving this incentive? We are in the process of buying a new Odyssey and we've purchased an Odyssey (99) and an Accord (03) before, both new.

Thanks in advance for any information.
  • Options
    Honda has never offered any type of loyalty incentive.
  • Options
    crileycriley Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone used the price from carsdirect.com to negotiate with a dealer? That website has 2007 EX-L (not RES or Navi) for $27,658 + TTL in the Atlanta area. Reviewing the posts, that seems like a great deal. Thanks.
  • Options
    That is a great deal. I would buy it tomorrow on the last day of the month. Offer them $27,358 when you get there and then buy it.
  • Options
    Yeah Sarge, I was in my truck today and it just solidified my opinion on the Navi software.My wife will/might use it now and again, but for everyday use I think It would end up with a framing hammer in the screen at the end of a
    long day around here.Other than that, Honda should stick to making cars and outsource the Navi to a company like Tom Tom etc.That would be incredible.Of course that's a pipe dream, too many items in the car interface with the Navi.Besides that, an EXL w/DVD would be the sh*t.This sure is a nice car for a minivan.Best of luck in your search.
    R
  • Options
    Honda already outsources their navigation systems which are made by Alpine.
  • Options
    Some time the dealership which you have bought your previous cars from might offer some discount to you to get you come back in and purchase another one from them.
  • Options
    ghigginsghiggins Member Posts: 5
    I just bought a 2007 EXL - RES today in GA for $28,874, this included destination fee, the mud guards, moonroof visor, paint protection. OTD price was $31029.12. They were offering 2.9% finance for 36 months so I opted for that considering a 36 month CD at the bank pays more interest. The only thing the car did not have was the antenna for the Satellite Radio which they can do for $588. I did all my negotiation over email, dealt with 4 dealers, only 2 really tried to compete. Closest the other dealer came to was $29,208. Hope this helps. Let me know if anyone else is seeing a better deal out there. Good Luck.
  • Options
    Ghiggins,

This is the best deal I have seen so far on the 07 Odyssey EXL-RES. That is $1161 under INVOICE!! So they were no dealer fees correct? The mud guards are a extra bonus too. How do you like the RES?

Can you please provide the dealer name and city or a website? I'm going to e-mail them for the same quote. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    1crab, I received an internet quote from Gardena Honda today for $29,635 for the 07 Odyssey EX-L-RES with no NAV or accessories. $405 under invoice. I asked them about the $800 under invoice deal that you got, and they said I should come into the store and talk. The only problem is that I'm out of state. Anyway looks their is a better deal in GA for $1161 under invoice, so we will see what happens. I'm going to buy me a Magellan GPS from Costco. Thanks for all the tips.
  • Options
    emma7571emma7571 Member Posts: 4
    i just bought a Honda 07 EX for $25,780 which included destination fee w/o TTL or taxes. Is this a good price?
  • Options
    noway6noway6 Member Posts: 6
    I bought a Honda 07 EX for $26,000 including destination charge two days ago. Your price is even better.
  • Options
    emma7571emma7571 Member Posts: 4
    i bought the honda 07 EX in IL.
  • Options
    derekslinderekslin Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I paid $34767 +TTL for 2007 Odyssey Touring RES/NAV at Gunn Honda in San Antonio, Texas yesterday. I also trade in my 2002 Odyssey for an fair price using KBB trade in value as a base for comparison. The dealer invoice for this is $35787, MSRP is $39690. I bought my Nimbus Grey Odyssey $1020 under dealer invoice. Two other Dallas dealers came in $700 less than invoice. Austin dealer wants $1200 over invoice.
    People at Gunn Honda told me their sales were so bad a month ago they have so many unsold cars/vans on the lot they need to move. I don't know. All I know is it's a president award dealer for 7 years and they did give me the best deal I can find.
    I really have no idea why I get this Odyssey this low especially it's a 2007 model.

I hope this information helps people around Austin, San Antonio area to get their Odyssey. My Odyssey doesn't have any dealer add option at all.

Derek
    Austin, Texas
  • Options
    chirpchirp Member Posts: 194
    That's a good price, but '07 Tourings w/RES-NAV and destination are going for $33,995 at Grand in Elmhurst(Chicago) again. I didn't think the '07's would be discounted this drastically this quickly. The deals are back! :)
  • Options
    Sarge, I never was a fan of Alpine!Seems like there are some great deals to be had here.I'm seeing a few deals at $1000 under invoice.Gardena was pretty anxious in getting the deal at $800 under it made me a little suspicious. But the deal went flawlessly.I'm wondering if the dealers either know the slow months are ahead (x-mas) and they are pushing cars, or they are just about to have a blowout
    sale with %0 financing or $3000 cash back.Somethings in the air, cause' just a couple weeks ago nobody was interested.
    I definetly think "end of month" is the way to buy a car though.Best of luck to you all.
    R
  • Options
    martinpdxmartinpdx Member Posts: 1
    It looks as if significant savings may be made by purchasing a vehicle ( Odyssey EXL-RES ) in CA compared to the quotes I am getting from OR dealers.
    However, my understanding is that to drive the vehicle "off the lot" in CA means that I would pay CA sales tax ( compared to NO sales tax in OR ). The alternative would be to have the vehicle shipped to OR to avoid paying CA tax, but then there's the shiping costs to consider.

Any OR residents who made a purchase in CA that would like to comment on this ?
  • Options
    aptomaptom Member Posts: 6
    First-time poster, two-time Odyssey owner from Washington, D.C.-Maryland area. Just took possession Nov. 1 of EX-L-RES-NAV Ocean Mist. Some details:
    _Selling price was $30,965, including destination. $100 processing fee, $99 license plate fee (a transfer from trade-in) and 5 percent Md. tax. No add-on fees, surprises at purchase.
    _$12,500 trade-in for 2002 EX-L-RES in good condition, 45k miles.

Observations on the search:
    _It pays to e-mail as many dealers in what you consider a reasonable distance from your home. For me, that meant about all in Maryland _ from Baltimore and north, to Hagerstown, to the Eastern Shore. I skipped Virginia because of previous experience, noncompetitive quotes compared with those in Maryland and unreasonable dealers processing fees.
    _Dismiss dealers that will not provide a written quote via e-mail. Do not accept their request to get the best price in writing from a competitor and then bring it in to be matched or beaten. Too many dealers are ready to play fairly and a buyer's time is too valuable to waste this way. I thanked those dealers not in the running by saying their quote was not competitive and I wished them good luck in their sales.
    _The first quote I got for $30,965 (about $1,000 under invoice) came from a dealer about 60 miles away. A closer dealer matched when presented with the written quote, as did a third near Baltimore _ and this after the best offer I had received from other dealers was about $20 under invoice ($31,985). Other dealers questioned whether the $30,965 quote was legitimate; speculated it was for a 2006 with hundreds of miles on it; and then asked for the dealer so they could `buy a truckload full.'
    _I, too, was intrigued by the Touring w/NAV and the main selling point would be the run-flat tires so I would not worry about my wife while she was in the car with our children. Enough concern was raised on this discussion group that at each dealership I visited (about five) I spoke with the service manager and in some instances the tire manager. I heard enough cautions to back away (price, dearth of authorized service centers outside some metropolitan areas, durability etc.). These service chiefs were advising that I not buy the most expensive Odyssey, and while that is counterintuitive, I figured there must be something to it. I want to give the technology more time to shake-out the perceived problems.
    _On the trade-in, I was surprised that CarMax in my area offered the most _ $13,000, above KBB. Dealers rangers from $10,500 to $11,500 until the selling dealer guaranteed $12,500 _ a price that would hold for the month I drove the 2002 Odyssey while the 2007 was being built.
    _Selling dealer would not match HondaCare quotes mentioned elsewhere on this discussion board, so I will go with one of those dealers.

Sorry for going on at length. This first-time poster appreciate all the input of other members to this discussion.
  • Options
    ghigginsghiggins Member Posts: 5
    The RES is really good, very pleased with the car. The OTD price I metioned included a $378 doc fee, $19 title and $3 lemon law. Dealer was Milton Martin Honda, Gainesille, GA. The nice thing was I only started dialogue with them on 10/30, within a few mins they offered their price which was far better than anyone else so I bought on 10/31. Let me know if you here of anyone including the satellite antenna in their deals, I am being told it is an add on that the dealer has to fit. Good Luck.
  • Options
    Here is the reponse I received from a Colorado dealer when I asked him to match the Elmhurst Chicago price of a 2007 Odyssey EX-L w/RES for $28,500. He lost his cool with me over a simple question. His name has been excluded for privacy reasons.

All dealers pay the same for each specific model. The base invoice for
    a TOURING RES + NAVI is $35,787.10. If there's a dealer selling a
    TOURING R+N for $1792 BELOW dealer invoice, give me the name of the dealer,
    and I will personally send a truck to load up for my inventory.
    Somebody's misleading somebody. Sorry, I've been selling Hondas for almost
    20 years, since 1989, and I've never sold a car for
    $1800 below factory invoice, unless there was a factory incentive. Honda
    has had them from time to time to clear out year-end inventory, but
    never on an Odyssey three weeks into the model year.

Good luck sorting through the information and misinformation, I
    apologize to you for the inconvenience that you may yet encounter from others,
    never from me.
  • Options
    gocanes2gocanes2 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the detailed post. Very helpful. I live in the Raleigh area but have family in Baltimore and would be willing to buy a car from the same dealer for that price. Who was the dealer? Also, how long did it take to build and could you have received as good of a deal if you purchased one from the lot? Thanks.
  • Options
    bgould1bgould1 Member Posts: 19
    I'm also in COS and the 1 Honda dealer did not seem to want to sell even at invoice, much less below. I suspect I'll have to go up to Denver. Do you have a recommendation for a dlr in Den?
  • Options
    bgould1, I'm working with the only COS dealer for a final price, they said they will not be undersold by anyone. I'm suprised if this is the dealer that would not sell you below invoice. My advice is to e-mail John Elway Honda in Denver, their internet sales department for a on-line quote. Then have the dealers earn your business. I very close to buying, but I'm going out of the state for quotes to present to the CO dealers. GOOD luck let's stay in touch, since your local.
  • Options
    bgould1bgould1 Member Posts: 19
    sarge2007, Sounds like they might have had change of heart as before they would not consider anything less than MSRP. I really wish the COS dealer was farther north. Second issue have you noticed or heard of a way to get the Touring model without the PAX tires. I like the Touring features, not the price and not the tires but otherwise its very nice. Haven't looked at it since the 2006 version and I walked away then.

Bob
  • Options
    Bob, When was the last time you talked to the COS dealer? I might buy from them on Mon, 6 Nov. I believe the PAX tires are standard on the Touring, but don't quote me on it. Check the past messages on this site. Keep in touch.

Sarge
  • Options
    derekslinderekslin Member Posts: 5
    I did paid $34767 + TTl for my 2007 Nimbus Grey Odyssey Touring RES/Nav at Gunn Honda in San Antonio. It is not advertised on the newspaper. There were two other Dallas dealers with similar price (about $220 more). I didn't want to travel further and I was not sure if I could get a good trade in price. I guess I am just lucky to get that price. Five out of 10+ dealers I emailed gave me good price (all under invoice) so I guess Texas dealers are having tough time selling Odyssey right now.

Hey, Austin/Round Rock dealers wanted me to pay over $1200 more to buy it locally. That's enough reason to buy it elsewhere. Over a year worth of gas?

Good luck on your search.

Derek
    Austin, Texas
  • Options
    chirpchirp Member Posts: 194
    Maybe we can buy the Odyssey cheaper in Chicago to make up for the higher gas prices here. :)

I bought my '06 Touring in May for $33,947 which included the destination charge (add TTL). There was no add-ons or other misinformation. I did not buy it from Grand, but simply called a dealer closer to me and siad would you honor that price. They said "we will" and I drove out of the dealer(O'Hare Honda) with my Touring a day later.

Like I said, I didn't think I would see these prices so low so quickly on the 2007 models. I may have waited if I had known that.