Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to learn more!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jdubs1017jdubs1017 Member Posts: 17
    Hi,

First time poster here...couple of quick questions...any answers/ideas?

Debating on the 07 Touring vs. EX-L w/NAV and RES. I've read a bit about the PAX Tires and it concerns me. Has Honda/Michelin improved this on the 07 model? We think we want Touring for the memory seats, better stereo, auto liftgate, etc...may not be worth the extra $$$ though! Can anyone tell me what they have paid recently OTD on an EX-L with NAV and RES or a Touring with NAV in North Carolina? Thanks in advance for any help at all!
  • Options
    aptomaptom Member Posts: 6
    I would suggest linking to the Web site of Schaefer and Strohminger Honda (about 20 minutes north of Baltimore) and requesting an e-mail quote. I heard back quickly from the executive offices (quote requests go to headquarters for all dealerships under this name). At that point you can call and get a contact at the Honda dealership.

I waited about three weeks for an EX-L-NAV-RES to be built in Ocean Mist. Don't think the price would have been lower if it was in stock (I did not want any dealer add-ons). If I did buy from S&S, I believe the dealership would have traded for the vehicle I wanted and delivered it sooner.
  • Options
    denalimandenaliman Member Posts: 16
    I'm looking to purchase a 2007 Odyssey touring with navigation in Nighthawk Black. Who has the best price so far for the Odyssey touring with nav? I live in the Bay Area and the best price the dealership has offered is $36,700 plus T&L. I've heard that many out of state dealers are offering below invoice prices.
  • Options
    gene00gene00 Member Posts: 115
    I think the people quoting the below invoice prices on 2007 Odysseys have had trade-ins. A trade-in is the wild card in quoting dealer prices. If the dealer knows they can get a nice profit when they sell the trade, they sometimes will discount the new car (even below their cost) to make the deal. On your paperwork, it looks like you paid $1000 under invoice, but you probably paid $1-$2k more than you would have, had you sold your trade-in yourself and negotiated the new car w/o a trade. I think the only useful price quotes people post here are quotes not involving trade-ins
  • Options
    Hi,

First time poster here...couple of quick questions...any answers/ideas?

Debating on the 07 Touring vs. EX-L w/NAV and RES. I've read a bit about the PAX Tires and it concerns me. Has Honda/Michelin improved this on the 07 model? We think we want Touring for the memory seats, better stereo, auto liftgate, etc...may not be worth the extra $$$ though! Can anyone tell me what they have paid recently OTD on an EX-L with NAV and RES or a Touring with NAV in North Carolina? Thanks in advance for any help at all!
  • Options
    aptomaptom Member Posts: 6
    I certainly agree that I could have recouped more money on the sale of my 2002 Odyssey EX-L-RES if I had traded on my own rather than to a dealer. But the quotes I requested for a 2007 EX-L-RES-NAV were solicited and the offers of $30,965 were made before I raised the prospect of a trade-in.
  • Options
    derekslinderekslin Member Posts: 5
    They never give me trade in price on my 2002 Odyssey EX-L Nav. Instead all dealers asked me to bring it in to get an estimate. I told them I expected at least Kelly Blue book trade in value on my van. They gave me a better price than I expected.

I did pay $1200 below dealer invoice. I am not sure if it's just one dealer trying to clear out the inventory or some Texas Honda dealers.

I am just hoping my buying experience can help others.

Derek
    Austin ,Texas
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    PAX remains the same for '07 - there's a whole separate thread on it here.

Owning an '05 Touring, all I can say is that you pay extra and you get more features - only you can decide if they are worth it.

The extra cost of the R&N (for me) was a far better value for its components than the additional price of the Touring's features over an EX-L.
  • Options
    rrsafetyrrsafety Member Posts: 38
    I'm at $26,200 (including destination and other fees)on a plain EX in the New England region.... should I pull the trigger?
  • Options
    boss18boss18 Member Posts: 8
    I revieved a quote from Continental Honda in Chicago for a 2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L DVD/NAV - $31,050. Appreciate any comments. Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    boglebogle Member Posts: 2
    I always pay too much for things but my 1995 Chrysler Town and Country transmission is on the verge of failure. I also, through God's grace, have a good income and I like the Odyssey - $34,500 out the door. The folks at the dealership were great people so the extra money went to a good place. I'm still trying to figure out how much too much I paid for the experience.
  • Options
    kars4mekars4me Member Posts: 2
    Please post the dealership name and city where you purchased your EX. Thank You.
  • Options
    Haven't bought it yet. Continental Honda. Chicago. This quote was obviously before taxes and fees
  • Options
    emma7571emma7571 Member Posts: 4
    you can get a better price from carsdirect
  • Options
    carsdirect is showing $20 over invoice at $32,122.
  • Options
    What has been your experience with the PAX regardless of the other thread since you own one? Have you ever had to buy/replace/repair a tire? You do get some more features but not sure if it's worth it if the tire issue is big. I'll check the other thread. Your last line sounds like you don't think the touring was worth it!?
  • Options
    emma7571emma7571 Member Posts: 4
    O'Hare Honda, Des Plaines
  • Options
    dgb99dgb99 Member Posts: 1
    Bought a 2007 EX Saturday from David McDavid Honda of Frisco (DFW metroplex area). We were on an unexpected short fuse for buying the car and only had 2-3 days to shop around by email. I think we could have done better given a little more time but here's our breakdown:

Negotiated to 26600 (26005+595 dest). At closing, a doc fee of 55 was typed (as opposed to written) on the contract. I wasn't a big fan of that but we were in a hurry (I know...it's not a good idea to be in a hurry when buying a car...).

26665 price (26005 + 595 dest + 55 doc)
    1662.50 sales tax
    180.65 other tax, title, and license
    ---------
    28508.15 OTD

This was with the EPP (didn't care) , pinstripe (good to have but wasn't going to pay for it), and another package that included wheel locks (useless) and cargo tray (good to have but wasn't going to pay for it).

The buying process was pretty good except that all the vehicles on the lot had various 'extras' like the EPP or window tinting that we either didn't want or didn't want to pay for. The salesman said that was how Honda worked...that they don't stock base models without 'extras'. So that's either a lesson learned for me buying my first new Honda or the salesman was blowing smoke.
  • Options
    aaronb1aaronb1 Member Posts: 6
    First of all, thanks to all who contribute to this forum. The info here has bee very helpful to me and I'm sure many others in their car search. I thought I would add my experience to the forum in case it may be helpful to others.

My wife and I purchased a new silver 2006 Odyssey Touring (with RES, but no NAV, black interior) this weekend. It was one of two left on the lot, the other being a demo with several thousand miles on it. The price (before tax, tag, title) was $31980 plus the $498 document fee that seems to occur at all Honda dealers. This was pretty good, I think, considering that the invoice on a 2006 Touring without RES and NAV is $33516. TMV is $33777.

We knew we wanted all the stuff that the Touring offers, but we didn't care much about NAV or RES. In fact, I thought they either came with both or neither, and there is no option on Edmunds to select a van with RES but without NAV, so I judge the deal on the no NAV, no RES touring models. Maybe I have a rare model? Seems like this configuration is unusual anyway.

The dealer experience (Ed Voyles Honda) was really good, no sales manager games. (I made clear from the start that I would walk on any nonsense. There are too many Honda dealers in Atlanta to put up with that, and we didn't have the time to mess around for days on end due to a recent wreck.) Very nice and professional young man helped us and it was much less painful than I expected.

Again, thanks to everyone here.
  • Options
    Forgot to mention that this price it without trade-in, and the salesman threw in the cargo tray as part of the deal.

Only hitch was there were no floor mats for the vans. Apparently the mats get lost sometimes, so we have a brand new set ordered and will be here this week (no additional charge, of course.)
  • Options
    bgould1bgould1 Member Posts: 19
    Sarge,
    Not much success with COS dealer they're stuck at $29248.02 2007 Odyssey EXL without RES. Seems too high given the other non trade-in prices being reported. I was expecting closer to 28200

Bob
  • Options
    sarge2007sarge2007 Member Posts: 18
    Bob,

I was just there at the COS dealer today. They told me to come in and that they would beat any price. Well my quotes I received were from GA. Those quotes were about $600 cheaper than Colorado period. They changed their tune and then they said that they would only match any in-state deal or Utah, Wyoming, KS and NM.
    You should work with John Elway Honda on-line and e-mail them. They have a great internet sales manager who will take care of you. I'm still doing my research, and I'm trying to get the best price. Maybe I will just show up on 30 Nov to buy the Odyssey.

Sarge
  • Options
    dlubdlub Member Posts: 4
    I got below invoice on an EX-L w/RES in Delawre and many surrounding states.

I got a quote of $29,883.00 plus dest. tax and tag and $95 dealer prep.

I think that's a pretty good deal. ANY THOUGHTS
  • Options
    Sarge,

I've talked with the guy at John Elway and they are still asking about Invoice + $1,400 for the base car. According to them thats less than $700 profit and not worth it, yet...

I'll expand my search but the next biggest town is probably ALB, NM and that would be a drive.

However end of month, snowing and quotas might just do the trick.

Bob
  • Options
    Sorry for the delayed reply but have been away.

Haven't had any issues with my PAX tires whatsoever. They're at 23.5k and should easily last into the 40s.
    I did (and still do) figure their pros and cons are about a wash. One thing that does bother me (but hardly anyone mentions) is this: because they have very little sidewall protrusion it is VERY easy to damage a rim if a curb is brushed.

On the value issue - I meant only what I said. The R&N package is a fine value. The value of the Touring is a closer call, at least to me.
  • Options
    motoworfmotoworf Member Posts: 8
    aaron, you seem to have spent some time researcing the Atlanta area. Can you pass on any words of wisdom? ...best places, stock levels, prices, etc. etc. Inquiring mind would like to know ;)
  • Options
    ladhnurladhnur Member Posts: 20
    boss18
    did u purchase this van? How much did u get it for?

Thanks in advance

Anyone else in IL have some prices that they paid for this van in recent days? Any help will be appreciated

thanks
  • Options
    jeffreginajeffregina Member Posts: 5
    we're in the market for this specific car trim/color.what is a good starting point as far as price haggling with the dealer here in DFW, texas? i am thinking about <$26Grand> OTD.is that out of reach? any recommendations on which dealer to deal with thru emails around here in DFW ,texas? and any other tips/advice/suggestions will be greatly appreciated! thanks!
  • Options
    I did research stuff for a while, but I was mostly looking for 2006s because I wanted to pay as little as possible and the difference between the 06 and 07 were, to me, trivial. Seems like stock levels are 2006 are low, maybe non-existent except for a few Tourings without RES/NAV (which fortunately is exactly what I wanted.)

The prices I received from Ed Voyles and Hennessey were well below invoice, and about the same. Their 2007 prices were about $2K higher, but still close to invoice. I concentrated my search in Cobb County, and kind of wanted to buy at Ed Voyles since that is where we serviced our previous Honda and will service this one, and fortunately they gave us as good a deal as any other place. Plus the sales expereince was actually painfree and almost enjoyable.

I guess one piece of advice I would add is to deteremine your target price and make clear that you are not going to play "check with the sales manager" games from the start. Both places seemed to respect that.
  • Options
    ladhnurladhnur Member Posts: 20
    Hi
    A question for any one who has used internet to get quotes from the dealers.
    I was wondering do these guys actually honer these quotes when you actually visit the dealership or do they try to add to the quotes by saying this van has so many options which will be $xxx extra?
    I just got some quotes for an EXL RES/NAV in Chicago land area for $31,263 + $57 (doc fee) + TTL
    Does any one think this is an ok deal?

Thanks in advance for the help
  • Options
    carman555carman555 Member Posts: 1
    i just went to continental Honda... and try to get the same quote as you did... but, they told me they wouldn't never offer those kind of price....
    well, i was wondering if you can tell me who've you deal with... cause, seem to me, they offer you 31,050.00, why can't they offer me the same deal...
  • Options
    I've bought a number of vehicles through internet quotes and never had anyone try to bump the price later. Certainly it can happen but, hey, they've already put it in writing so that does tend to limit shenanigans.

That said, bear in mind that it is critical for you to ensure that there is no miscommunication and that all issues are addressed in email exchanges (price, doc fees, accessories, tax and title, etc.).

Chicagoland Odyssey prices tend to be among the most competitive around - just get some quotes from other area stores and you'll quickly learn how good the proffered numbers are.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 239,799
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Thanks,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    tldeltldel Member Posts: 7
    I live in Delaware and am in the market for an '07 Touring. Was wondering what dealer you dealt with in Delaware to purchase your car?

Also, I was wondering if anyone else out there has been able to purchase the '07 Touring at or close to invoice +TTL (no trade).
  • Options
    cableguy06cableguy06 Member Posts: 299
    tldel - I live in Philly and purchased a 2006 Touring before the 07's were out with NAV and DVD at invoice. The car was located in Newark, DE and brought up for me to look at.

I would think that you can find an 07 for the same deal.
  • Options
    ntruromanntruroman Member Posts: 9
    I'm in South Carolina, and have been given a quote of $29,910 for a 2007 EXL with RES - including destination charge. Seems like a pretty good price to me - but has anyone in the vacinity done better?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    buyersebuyerse Member Posts: 3
    I bought an 2007 ODYYSEY LX FOR 22500(CAR PRICE + DESTINATION). Final OTD was 24509. I bought this in Anderson Honda, Palo Alto. Hope this helps if anybody is looking. I hope I got a good deal. Email me if you need more info.
  • Options
    zhangmeng36zhangmeng36 Member Posts: 1
    That is a very good deal. Could you tell me the dealer's name?
  • Options
    cortexcortex Member Posts: 2
    I want to buy a 2007 Odyssey EX-L(No DVD & NAV)around end of November. Who has recently the best price for the Odyssey EX-L in NYC/NJ? I live in the Bronx and got the internet Quotes ($27955.00 plus tax, plus any other added accessories and applicable other charges??). But they can hold these price only 3day. I saw that many out of state dealers are offering best prices. Please recommand good dealership in NYC/NJ. Thank you
  • Options
    uncgaluncgal Member Posts: 1
    I am in Augusta, GA and after looking around in Atlanta (Conyers Honda had best price, just too far to go) and Aiken, SC we just got a 2007 EX-L without RES or NAV for $30,600 out the door (including tax, fees, title, etc) from Gerald Jones Honda. That is 7% tax here. We are somewhat disappointed in the gas mileage though. No real data yet but it obviously sucks... We are used to a Volvo sedan so we are holding our breath while we watch the needle go down..we may even get rid of the thing already. Don't even have tags yet. We didn't get RES because our kids fight over what to watch so we figured we'd just hook up 2 separate DVD players. Hope you get what you want!!
  • Options
    kris995kris995 Member Posts: 23
    In regards to the gas mileage I read somewhere on here that it gets better after a few thousand miles. I too am hoping that is the case.
  • Options
    dlubdlub Member Posts: 4
    Union Park is where I am buying it from. They will work with you on the price but it will take some going back and forth for a little while. I am also still getting some quotes under my deal(about $158 lower) from Piazza Honda in Philly, you may want to email/call Boardwalk Honda in Atlantic City and one in Vineland NJ for some quotes. Good Luck and you should be able to get under invoice.
  • Options
    I'm dealing with Milton Martin in Gainesville, Ga and placed a deposit on an EXL NO RES/NO NAV for 28015 after all fees EXCEPT for sales tax as I'll be taking it out of state.
    My phone conversation netted a signed buyers order from the salesmanager with all the numbers/ blanks / stuff filled in.
    They have been exceedingly easy to deal with, pleasant actually. It will be a long drive home but as I was going to GA, SC and FLA anyway.... If you want more information about the salesman then do what ever you're allowed to do on this board to contact me.
  • Options
    19841984 Member Posts: 16
    I used an internet quote for my '02 ody. looking to buy an '07 EXL/RES/NAV & got a quote for $31,617 (plus tax, tags, and $49 doc fees). Quote from Sport Honda in Silver Spring, Maryland
  • Options
    meglio23meglio23 Member Posts: 2
    2007 EX-L W/ NAV and RES - Slate Green
    I just paid $30,600 + $595 dest. + $540 fog lights + $299 window etching + tax + title + doc fee + $7.50 tire fee

Out the door price comes to just below $35k. No trade-in.

I had 3 similar quotes from dealers in central NJ. I am picking up the van on Friday.
  • Options
    tarnttarnt Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm a resident of Florida. Can I actually buy a car in Georgia and drive away without paying sales tax? Do I pay the tax when I register the vehicle in Fla? Does this mean I must drive back to anywhere Florida first or can I continue on a trip up north with the new vehicle? Many thanks. I'm very intrigued! :surprise:
  • Options
    cableguy06cableguy06 Member Posts: 299
    Your answer is based on how long the temp tags are good for in the state where you purchase your vehicle. Typically, this is 30 days in this scenario. If that's the case in GA, you can drive on them for 30 days before registering your vehicle in your home state.

You will pay your sales tax to your local DMV upon registering the car to get Florida tags.

The downside is that you cannot include your taxes into your finance charges :( If you buy a $30K vehicle at 6% sales tax, that's $1800 out of pocket upon registration. You can ask your selling dealer to include tax and then cut you a check back for the tax if you wish to finance. Many dealerships will do this for out of state buyers but you need to ask up front.

If you are paying cash for your vehicle, then it doesn't matter :)
  • Options
    penelope64penelope64 Member Posts: 1
    Just got our new 07 Odyssey EX-L w/ RES yesterday. I am in michigan. The price we paid is 28974+dealer doc. fee 160 +tax+plate+title+Extended warranty 1131 for 8yr/100000. No trade-in.

Our closest dealer won't match this price, their best quote was 29445.
  • Options
    See this link for GA DMV
    http://motor.etax.dor.ga.gov/motor/dealers/howlongtempvalid.asp

Its 30 days so enjoy your trip. The last time I bought tags in Fla it cost me $7 for an "11 D" tag and sales tax was only 2.5 pct I believe
  • Options
    mb6986mb6986 Member Posts: 30
    Hello meglio23. I am in the market for an Odyssey with the same configuration. Your price is almost $1500 lower than the Carsdirect price. Could you please share the names of the dealers offer you such price? I am also in central NJ.

Thanks.