Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jstephens1jstephens1 Member Posts: 38
    Could you provide dealership name, city and state as allowed by this site? Thanks
  • Options
    artfogartfog Member Posts: 9
    07 Touring w/o Navi purchased at Honda of Hollywood in Los Angeles, CA today for $33,110 including destination. no trade in.
    Received internet quotes from a number of dealers in the area, but these guys had the best price. Another dealer (Goudy in Alhambra) offered to match.
    BTW their 07 Touring w/Navi quote was $35,087
    Thanks everyone for the info and help in the shopping and purchasing tactics.
  • Options
    tarnttarnt Member Posts: 2
    Many, many thanks for the info, I greatly appreciate it.

I know what you mean about the costs in Florida taking off like the space shuttle.

You don't want to know what people are being squeezed for home insurance in South Florida these days. Try $4000. $6000+ would not be unusual. You heard it right. That's just the homeowners insurance including wind. As for the property tax, ..., it's an 'if you have to ask' kinda figure.

If I may explore the tax angle a little further...what if I take the vehicle up to a sales tax free state and register? Do you have to have a drivers license from that state to do so? Part of my trip is to scout for a new area of possible relocation.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge!
  • Options
    bgould1bgould1 Member Posts: 19
    The various state DMV's have got that one covered. You usually pay sales tax and buy insurance where you garage the vehicle. NC is only 3% I believe and Bryson City is real nice.

I watched S. Fla really change. Have a family house on Crescent Beach and I lived in GNV for many years and now reside in CO.
  • Options
    hslahsla Member Posts: 1
    what purchasing tactics did you use to get the price at Honda of Hollywood?
  • Options
    jpapejpape Member Posts: 2
    Did you get prices on any other configurations? We're looking to buy an EX-L in the Austin area at the end of the month. We're still debating about RES and NAV. We'd love to have the NAV, but we think the RES is overpriced.

How did you get your quotes? Fax attack or Email attack?
  • Options
    derekslinderekslin Member Posts: 5
    I sent out emails to most of presidential award Honda dealerships in Austin, San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas. Overall I found Austin area dealerships have the highest price (every quotes I got was over the dealer invoice), Dallas has the most competitve prices. I did not get many quotes back from Houston dealers ( so so pricing). Gunn Honda in San Antonio gave me the best price, but I think they were trying to clear the inventory. I rate Gunn Honda experience very high.

I pick Touring because it has a few features I want. I trade in my 110000 miles 2002 Odyssey EX-L NAV and I feel there are many improvements over the years. I really want the navigation because Honda navigation is one of best I ever used, even better than Lexus. I consider navigation the necessity item. I don't really care for RES, but you have to get RES if you want the navigation.

I hope this answers your questions.

Good luck,

Derek
    Austin, Texas
  • Options
    hogi1hogi1 Member Posts: 4
    I just picked up our new 2007 Odyssey EXL, RES and NAV.
    I never went to any dealers, I sent an email to 20 dealers in MA and negotiated via email. Once I got price I was happy with I paid the deposit ($500) and picked up the car 2 weeks later.
    This is what I paid for it:
    Hondcars of Boston
    Price $30,865.00
    Dest $595.00
    Sub Total $31,460.00
    Tax 1.05
    Tax Amount $1,573.00
    Sub Total $33,033.00
    Doc Fee $198.00
    Sub Total $33,231.00
    DMV Fees $86.00
    Filing Fee $5.00
    Total $33,322.00

Here are some other quotes from other dealers (all in MA)
    BernardiHonda
    Price $30,918.00
    Dest $595.00
    Sub Total $31,513.00
    Tax 1.05
    Tax Amount $1,575.65
    Sub Total $33,088.65
    Doc Fee $298.00
    Sub Total $33,386.65
    DMV Fees $86.00
    Filing Fee
    Total $33,472.65

Boch Honda
    Price $30,771.00
    Dest $595.00
    Sub Total $31,366.00
    Tax 1.05
    Tax Amount $1,568.30
    Sub Total $32,934.30
    Doc Fee $298.00
    Sub Total $33,232.30
    DMV Fees $86.00
    Filing Fee
    Total $33,318.30

CommonwealthMotors
    Price $31,017.00
    Dest $595.00
    Sub Total $31,612.00
    Tax 1.05
    Tax Amount $1,580.60
    Sub Total $33,192.60
    Doc Fee $163.00
    Sub Total $33,355.60
    DMV Fees $86.00
    Filing Fee
    Total $33,441.60

I hope this will help someone.

We already have a 03 ody with nav and the 07 model fixed all the small weaknesses in the 03 model. I'm very pleased with this new van :) No wonder the american car manufacturers are worried...

/hogi
  • Options
    deangodeango Member Posts: 1
    Bought my 2007 Honda Odyssey EX w wheel locks and mudflaps for
    $25,604.86 plus tax lic. Penske Honda in Ontario Calif. Great deal and great experience at dealership!
  • Options
    kris995kris995 Member Posts: 23
    Just curious. Did your price include destination charge as well? If so that is a terrific price at $837 below invoice for an EX (not including the cost of mud guards and wheel locks). Did you have a trade in? I'm just wondering if Honda is offering some sort of dealer incentive.
  • Options
    cortexcortex Member Posts: 2
    Today,I Bought '07 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/o Navi&RES for
    $27,550(including Destinatio charge)+ $2,307.31(Tax: 8.375%in NYC)+ 154.5(DMV&other fee...Total: $30,011.81. Trade in $4000 ('95LexusGS300)
    What about this deal?
    P.S: Honda special finance starts around Nov 22(3.9%36months/4.9%60months)
  • Options
    baron64baron64 Member Posts: 41
    Hogi
    When you sent your 20 emails out, did you send them all at once or did you send 20 separate emails?

Thanks
  • Options
    hogi1hogi1 Member Posts: 4
    I used hondacars.com to locate the dealers and from there I copied the dealers email addresses. I then wrote a quote request and sent the email to all the dealer's email addresses as BCC (Blind Carbon Copy). FYI- When you send an email with the email address as BCC the recipient cannot see who else received the email.

I also specified EXACTLY the model, feature, color etc I wanted (some dealers tried to use a bait and switch tactic)

I repeated this 3-4 times asking them to beat my lowest quote. Some dealers sent nasty remarks but...it's my money and there are always some other dealers who want to make a sale.

/hogi
  • Options
    ladhnurladhnur Member Posts: 20
    Update on my experience.
    We were able to purchase the 2007 EXL with RES & NAV for $31,051 (includes dest. charges) + $53 (Doc fees) + TTL. I am in the Chicago area (western suburbs of IL) and we got the best quote from Brilliance Honda in Crystal Lake. The van also has Mudguards and Pin strips (wasn’t charged any thing extra). I did get extended warranty (7 yr/ 80000) for $795 + some other interior leather protection for $300. All in all the total was a bit lower then $35K.
    My experience at Brilliance Honda was great. I was treated with respect and no 'normal dealer' tactics were used. If any one needs specifics feel free to contact me (I believe I cannot post the name of person that I dealt with on this forum). I have bought at least 1/2 dozen cars over the past decade and this by far was my best experience.
    Thanks to everyone who posted in this forum, which in turn helped me, gauge my purchase. I hope my post also helps some one.

Regards
    :)
  • Options
    jeffreginajeffregina Member Posts: 5
    I'M ABOUT TO BUY AN EX OCEAN BLUE FOR $26,300 BEFORE TT& L>>>>WITH MUD GUARDS,WHEEL LOCKS AND CARGO MAT?..IS THIS FAIR?
  • Options
    navdeepgnavdeepg Member Posts: 5
    I know a few friends who bought this for 33,500 including everything from Central NJ without the fog lights though.

Good luck with your car.
  • Options
    janmarkjanmark Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2007 honda odyssey ex with an aftermarket dvd install. We paid 29,200 at Route 22 in Hillside, NJ. The dealer "waived" the doc fee and the window etching fee. This seemed like a good deal, as the edmunds tmv was 28,700, not including the dvd. Any comments?
  • Options
    natural2222natural2222 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I am looking for an ex and am getting the run around. Can you tell me where you got the EX from? what was OTD?

Thx in advance.
  • Options
    leelynnleelynn Member Posts: 3
    Hi All!
    Just received this today from a local dealer.
    "I can offer you 3.9 for 36months and 4.9 for 60months starting tommorrow. Please let me know what I can do to earn your business."
  • Options
    tldeltldel Member Posts: 7
    Leelynn,
    It's 11/22 and unfortunately, the special financing rates are not advertised on the Honda website. Could you let us know which dealer offered you this special financing?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    wishman68wishman68 Member Posts: 7
    In NYC I've been seeing newspaper ads for the odyssey for EX model with 0 percent/60 months financing for FICA 740+. That seems like a great deal. Wondering if this is national.
  • Options
    leelynnleelynn Member Posts: 3
    John Eagle Honda - Houston Texas
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Nope, it's not national. It's not Honda financing either. Probably just another dealer buy-down come on.
  • Options
    Got an Instaquote from Open Road Honda in Edison, NJ for an '07 Touring w/ NAV/RES for $34,342. This price is great, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experience w/ this dealer and using the instaquote system. Are there any "catches" I should be aware of before buying? Would appreciate any thoughts.
  • Options
    Reported prices in New Jersey have been very competitive for quite awhile. I assume their "instaquote" figure was supplied as in response to an internet request. Suggest you simply call whomever was identified as the dealer contact person and ask if that number is an all-inclusive price (i.e., only taxes and title are extra) for an in-stock unit. If so, go buy it.
  • Options
    sarbxsarbx Member Posts: 3
    I just brought home my new 2007 EX-L (Silver Pearl/Gray) from Capitol Honda.

Cost : 27950.00 (Including Cargo tray and destination)
    Doc Fee : 45.00
    Sales Tax: 2309.59
    DMV : 252.75
    --------------------
    OTD Price: 30557.34

I also got the 8-year/120K miles warranty
    from Honda Care for $1675.

I sent a request for quote to four dealers through edmunds. I had also mentioned that I'm expecting a quote under 28000.
    Capitol first called saying the request is in progress. Steven creek then called and offered 29400. After I mentioned 28000, he said he will do 28100 if I come in the next 1 hour. I called capitol again and mentioned the 28100 offer. He said he will beat it by $200 and we settled for 27900. Andersson called and offered me $30300. I said thank you and good bye.

I went to Capitol and finished deal. The fleet manager was so easy to work with and made the whole buying experiece very pleasant. I highly recommend them.

I could have gotten a couple of hundred $'s off, but what the heck, I had a good time doing the deal.

Also got the 4.9% 60-months finance.
  • Options
    27,950 is below invoice for an EXL. Did you have a trade that brought it down to that? Was paying that much for the extended warranty part of the deal? In other words, would the 27,950 have been the same price without the warranty? Thanks
  • Options
    Does anyone know what the rough wag for cost of a certified used '06 Odyssey EXL should be? The prices I am seeing advertised for them are about the same I can get a new 07 for. Is $2K below invoice of a new one about right? I have Edmunds data - just wondering if anyone else out there has some experience. Thanks
  • Options
    scotbascotba Member Posts: 1
    I have a price quote of 32800 for EXL with NAV+RES in the bay area. This includes the destination fee.

Could anybody second the quote, so I feel good and go for the deal :)

thanks
  • Options
    And that's why there's really no reason to buy a used one. For a little more you get a full term warranty on a vehicle never subjected to who knows what. Interest rates on new ones are usually less too.
  • Options
    artfogartfog Member Posts: 9
    I just emailed the internet email from their website and the response was all their different Odyssey models prices. I also emailed a bunch of other dealers in the area to compare.
  • Options
    boss18boss18 Member Posts: 8
    This is national... or at least Carrs Honda in Chicago also honored it.
  • Options
    Neither this nor Honda's website lists any current interest incentives whatsoever. Edmunds does indicate that there is presently $500 in marketing support.

Further, Honda has never offered interest free loans (and they never will - unlike others, they have some interest in protecting their existing customers).

Again, such ads denote only that a dealer has bought down the interest rate. When that happens the price goes up because the money has to come from somewhere.

Toyota is now offering 5 year zero financing on the Sienna.
  • Options
    Its actually 27900. I specificaly requested for the Cargo tray to be added for $50. The invoice on the cargo tray was $100.

About the extended warranty, I asked for it after the deal was done. No trade-ins.
  • Options
    30500 to 31000 is about the right amount for a EX-L NAV+RES in the bay area.
  • Options
    ntruromanntruroman Member Posts: 9
    Just picked it up today.
    30,122.50 - OUT THE DOOR - including wheel locks, splash guards, all-weather mats, destination and doc fees.
    No sales tax this weekend in SC, so I saved another $300.
    Got it online at Hendrick of Easley in SC.
    Nice folks, and a decent price.
  • Options
    boss18boss18 Member Posts: 8
    I know it's not published anywhere... you won't see it on honda.com or on TV, but I just got 4.9 simple interest financing on Nov 22. You just have to tell them you want it.
  • Options
    hondafan123hondafan123 Member Posts: 1
    I just got an EX-L 07 out yesterday from Berkeley Honda. $27,445 (incl. dest). It was approximately $30K out the door. I got the first service also free. Very nice people to work with. Very professional and no pushing around. It seems to be pretty good deal to me.

I called every single dealer around and asked for their lowest and beat the lowest. Berkeley and San Leandro are the ones who stayed in the race. Berkeley won out because of the free first service. San Leandro Honda was also very good to work with.
  • Options
    milbymilby Member Posts: 7
    What was the selling price before TTL? Thanks!
  • Options
    Apparently, Honda just announced special financing rates (3.9%) yesterday on "selected models" good through 12/4.
  • Options
    bobber1bobber1 Member Posts: 217
    That is correct. I just bought a Honda Odyssey today and they have 3 year money at 3.9% interest. I was prepared to pay cash for the thing, but at this rate, I'll leave my money in the bank. No real strings attached. You can pay off early if you wish. I'd rather see Honda offer incentives like this compared to rebates which hurt resale values more.
  • Options
    Just bought my '07 Touring w/ NAV/RES at Open Road Honda in Edison, NJ yesterday. I used their instaquote service online and got a quote w/i about 5 minutes for 34,392.00e exclusive of TTL (no trade in). That is the lowest price (by far) in comparison to quotes I received in my home state of Delaware. I went their with my printed instaquote and had it verified by the internet sales rep. Then I just went to a sales agent and showed him the quote. Deal done. Another hour and a half of waiting to complete paperwork for financing (got the 3.9% for 48 months). Drove it home yesterday. Thanks for all the tips on this forum. I found it to be extremely valuable in my car-buying process.
  • Options
    dilbert1dilbert1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Derek
    Can you send me the name of the dealerships and prices in dallas.
  • Options
    mihinkmihink Member Posts: 39
    I was offered a 2007 EX-L with RES for all in stock cars at Hendrick Honda in Woodbridge, VA for OTD price of 30,500. This price is including 3% VA tax and all other fees. Also, the special financing of 3.9% for 36mos and 4.9% for 48 mos. if FICO score >710. Hope this info helps people out there. Just call them and ask for the internet sales department, they agreed readily to my price offer. ;)
  • Options
    insaneoctaneinsaneoctane Member Posts: 4
    First I tried COSTCO's program, which put me in touch with VISTA Honda. That manager offered me $30,530 + fees. I felt there was a little more room and countered $30,000 and I sign today (they did NOT have my color on the lot) and they let me walk!!! Thank goodness, because then I found this thread and
    I tried what the other's did on the board...I mass Bcc: emailed about 5 local(ish) dealers asking for their BEST offer BELOW invoice and that I was buying TODAY. I quickly got 3 local offers ALL BELOW $30,000! Then, using Honda's website, I put together a list of about 15 local(ish) dealerships to call the ones I did NOT have emails for. The first one on the list had a specail phone number for internet sales (First Honda, Simi Valley) and the internet manager (Blaine) offered me $29,000 + fees! Like I said, luckily, Vista didn't take my offer for $30,000! Incidentily, I was offered the EX-L RES+NAV for $31,800...a very fair offer, but not worth it compared to -NAV being $29,000. Anyway I did ask for a trunk liner for $96 and my new 2007 EX-L RES is sitting in my garage....all thanks to THIS forum. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    cooper13cooper13 Member Posts: 14
    Make sure you go through the internet dept. online. Do not go into the dealers. We bought it through the internet manager at Pompano Honda in Pompano Beach which gave the best price around and were very honest. This was for a 2006 EX. This was a month ago, I think the '06's are even harder to find now. I don't have the paperwork with me but the price was simply $24,900 + 6% sales tax and no other fees or charges. OTD price was $26,394 (On the bill, they actually lowered this price more and added a $350 dealer fee but the bottom line price they quoted was the same $26,394 OTD). We also bought a honda/100K warranty. They were not high pressure when it came to buying this, they were very pleasant...my wife just wanted to have the warranty. I understand they lost money on this deal but it was all about getting allocations for next month, not keeping the car on the floor, etc...

The internet dept. at Sherwood Honda also gave a similar price and they also do not charge a dealer fee.

I found Pompano and Sherwood Honda to have the best internet pricing around...
  • Options
    ntruromanntruroman Member Posts: 9
    $29,910.
    I also grabbed the 3.9%/36 mo. financing.
  • Options
    odywan2007odywan2007 Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

Can you tell me where you got the email address for dealers in your area. I tried the HondaAutomobiles website, which lists all the dealers and their websites, but I could not find the email address for their "Internet Departments".

OdyWan2007
    Plano, TX
  • Options
    quicksilver1quicksilver1 Member Posts: 21
    Looking for a 2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L with NADV & DVD.

I am in the DFW Metroplex.

I am ready to buy with no trade and preapproved with Honda finance.
  • Options
    bgould1bgould1 Member Posts: 19
    Try Mckinney Honda dealer. 28100 ish for EX-L NO Nav and NO DVD excluding only TTL. Watch out for the internet sales manager from Florida but try the dealership. I'd consider them if I lived within walk-away distance.