Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• Options
    girk_monstergirk_monster Member Posts: 4
    I'm truly puzzled by the vast discrepency between what people post and the truth. The GM Campaign Bulletin No. 01034 outlines the entire procedure. Yes, both brackets are to be replaced (the dealer gets 1.9 hours compensation including the alignment). Yes, a front end alignment must be performed. Yes, there are 3 bolts/side and no welding needed. Yes, the fuel tank is to be filled and the car washed.

The control arms themselves are not part of the problem and are not to be replaced.

The Campaign notice says nothing at all about other compensation such as warranty extension, On Star, free running boards, a floppy beach hat or anything else.

Please try to limit your posts to factual information (if presented as factual - I don't mean to limit what anyone feels they are entitled to!)

Thanks
  • Options
    kudronkudron Member Posts: 32
    Well, when I got home from work this AM, there was a message on my answering machine from GM. I called the number, and after waiting on hold because of high caller volume, I was connected to a script reader from customer service. I was offered the 2 year/24k mile Smart Care, ONE MONTH extended warranty (What an insult!!) and three months extended OnStar.

I promptly told the script reader that GM was insulting the customers with this, and could do a lot better. She proceded to ask me what was fair and I repeated to her what I posted in an earlier message: three year/36k mile Smart Care, three year/36k additional warranty (bumper to bumper with no deductible) and at least one year extended OnStar service.

She kept prodding me with the question "Am I refusing the offer from GM?" I replied to her that I am not outright refusing the offer, but that I am taking it under advisement.

I also had to have her read back my comments to me as she was mis-quoting me in my case file. I literally had to dictate my comments to her.

My advice to everyone is to be very careful what you agree to (or not agree to), and make sure that you are quoted correctly with your (dis)-pleasure with the way this whole thing was handled.
  • Options
    tbownertbowner Member Posts: 7
    The bulletin which was obviously read by the customer care person stated that as an owner of a trailblazer I would recieve a 2yr/24000 mile smartcare warranty, an additional 1 month on the bumper to bumper warranty, and a three month extension on the on star. When the dealership called they repeated this information. As well as stating that the car had been washed and the tank filled. I'm sure some dealerships are doing more to keep from buying back these vehicles.
  • Options
    rjvicarsrjvicars Member Posts: 12
    What a mess this whole recall has caused. I am so glad I got my money back the week following the recall. I jumped on it immediately. That's all I got, nothing more. I don't know if we are entitled to anything more than that but we can always hope. There were too many unknowns as to when the fix would occur and how adequate it would be, hence my push for GM to refund my money. That happened.

I did like my Envoy but initial quality was questionable. Fit and finish was absolutely terrible. My 10 year old Corolla had better panel gaps.

I will be looking at the Acura MDX or possibly an Envoy in about a year. If I do buy an Envoy again (my be a stupid thing to do), I can guarantee I will pay significantly less next time, mostly because of GM's poor treatment of its loyal, first year owners. Communication is key to keeping customers knowledgable and content throughout extended messes like this. GM failed miserably here.

To all of you who are getting their repaired vehicles back...pay close attention to front end noises, looseness, front end pull, steering wheel tilt, and excessive or poor tire wear. If you know what you are looking at, you may want to perform a "pre-drive" check on occasion by inspecting the integrity of the front end suspension components. Better to be safe than sorry.
  • Options
    dindakdindak Member Posts: 6,632
    One thing you have to ask yourself though, are any of the other car companies any better in terms of keeping customers up to date? Perhaps Mercedes or BMW would be, but none of the mass market vehicle makers are good in this department.
  • Options
    My guess is that yes, there probably are some companies that could communicate better through a problem like this but I am not naive to think this is a high percentage. But wouldn't it be nice to expect GM to set the benchmark for communications through a recall that has safety at issue?

I had a recent problem with GMAC regarding a "missed payment". They routed it to the wrong account yet it was totally my responsibility to prove this.

Yes, GM can improve. Yes, I believe they are behind the pack with customer communication and satisfaction. Good Luck to all of you!
  • Options
    hambone7hambone7 Member Posts: 130
    I live in the Atlanta area and had two dealers give me GMO pricing on both the TB LS and LT models on April 22.
  • Options
    markm2002markm2002 Member Posts: 10
    I also considered the offer insulting. I like the idea of getting a bumper to bumper warranty, smart care, and basic onstar for 5 years free of charge. If these Trucks continue to have problems these three services will help us.

Another option I would accept is a $5,000 cash rebate. I think GM's profit on this truck (GMC Envoy) is about $5k so why shouldn't they at least give up their profits on these initial 6000 trucks for the all the inconvenience they have caused us?
  • Options
    rroman8420rroman8420 Member Posts: 23
    I am curious... it seems to me that some people have had their cars repaired quickly (gotten them back already... me included) and other are still waiting for the dealer to get the parts. When I received a call from the GM customer Assistance Center (not Oldsmobile Customer Service) they were telling me that my dealer should be getting parts soon. When I informed him that I actually got my car back (on April 24th), he was suprised. It was also during this call that they offered the 24 months Smart Care, 3 months additional Onstar and 1 extra month Warranty on my 60 month warranty for the Bravada. I did not accept that and they will call back by Friday to get back to me on my request. But it seems to me that; whoever filed a BBB Autoline Lemon claim, have been serviced first. We filed our claim back on April 9th. GM was made aware of this the same day, because that was the first call we received. It seems to me that GM monitors this and tries to service those cars first to avoid the Lemon Law kicking in. Each state is different, so the pressure is on to get the ones fixed with claims first. This is my guess, does anyone else see a trend?
  • Options
    mmateyakmmateyak Member Posts: 15
    Considering I am interested in a TB LTZ with a custom cloth interior(seats)...can I order directly from the factory...since Im assuming it would have to be a special order.

Im trying to avoid a dealer charging me MORE for an actually more inexpensive option! Any ideas? suggestions?

mmateyak
  • Options
    sostroublesostrouble Member Posts: 65
    I am going to pick up my Envoy today. Some of you say GM Customer Service has called you. In all this time, I have yet to receive any phone call from Customer Service. I called them on April 5, and have a reference number, and that was before they even knew about the recall, so they said. But they have never called with an offer or anything else.

Why are some people getting calls, while others never have even received one call?
  • Options
    jeff237jeff237 Member Posts: 38
    How did your call go this morning? I am curious if you have asked your dealer for a refund? Tell them that others have received refunds. Print out one of the articles posted hear to show them that others have returned their trucks.
  • Options
    mmateyake:

Since you want cloth at no additional cost and I want leather at no additional cost...you buy the LTZ, I'll buy the LT and we'll swap seats!
  • Options
    Question:

There is an optional rear seat vent in the TB, which standard on the Bravada. Can you control the temperature of the air that blows through the rear vents? or just the air flow (fan) speed?
  • Options
    zeenzeen Member Posts: 401
    Carsdirect.com prices the Envoy at about $350 over invoice. My local GMC/Pontiac/Buick dealer in PA had an ad today for all 2002 models at $1 over invoice. When I called, I was told that it didn't apply to the Envoy because they are not allowed to market them. Of course, there are no other 2002 models of any car that they carry at that dealership. As far as leases, forget it. The residuals are so low that you can get a BMW X5 for the price of an Envoy.
  • Options
    debbin67debbin67 Member Posts: 35
    Hey all! I just got back from my dealer, stopped by to discuss a few things with them, and to my surprise, my truck was being serviced! Had no idea, no one ever called to tell me that the parts even came in! Double checked to make sure parts for both sides were in, and YES, they were. They had already replaced the parts and were starting the alignment. Asked them wash and WAX it, check for dings and scratches, because I will not take it with a mark on it. It went in flawless, it will come home flawless. Service guy there had NO clue about about a bulletin sent to them regarding the "compensation" that GM was offering! "Oh, wait, I think I read something about On-Star this morning!" as he fished the bulletin out of garbage can. Real nice, huh? Same story from him, "you have to contact you area service representative." Gave me no phone number for this person, just a name. Told me call the 800 number and they would get a hold of him and he would contact me. I need to discuss compensation with him, they will handle it case by case.
    SOSTROUBLE-I also have received no calls from GM. I'm sorry, one the day after the recall to see if they took my truck away. I have called them a total of 2 times. Why keep calling if they have no answers.
    On a final note, I will try to get a hold of the area rep. later. Will probably not hear back from him till tomorrow! For those of you unsure of what to do if GM calls and offers you that compensation, if you are unsure, don't answer. Use the "I have to contact my lawyer before I decide." As of now, I am not locking into anything until I have weighed all my options. Not that there are many right now, but time will tell. They made us wait 4 weeks for our trucks, let them wait and see how many people accept their offer. CIAO
  • Options
    lgspencelgspence Member Posts: 15
    Zeen, which dealer had the ad? Where in PA? I'm in Lancaster and price shopping. What did they mean by "not allowed to market them" was that because of the recall? Were the Envoys on their lot already repaired?
  • Options
    akajoeakajoe Member Posts: 69
    The rear controls only permit air flow control. There is a power-on button and an up arrow and a down arrow which controls the air speed.
  • Options
    If no one accepts the offer then what will GM do? They will offer us more. Everyone should either expressly "decline" or "refuse to accept." ther is a big difference.

When the results get back to GM mgmt. that their customers were not happy with the original offer they will very likely increase the offer and we all will get more and we deserve much much more than 1 extra month of warranty, 2 years of oil changes, 3 months of onstar, a wash, a tank of gas, and a smile.
  • Options
    zeenzeen Member Posts: 401
    Jenkintown GMC on Old York Road had the ad in today's paper. They have their Envoys on a storage lot and claim they can't even show them due to the recall. From what the guy said, the repairs have not yet been made.
    You can also access that dealer through GMbuypower and see their inventory of about 15 Envoys. There is an internet sales guy listed. I did not speak to him.
  • Options
    tomwilson1951tomwilson1951 Member Posts: 7
    Spell Checker Got ME!
    We picked up our Bravado at 6pm on April 4 only to have it hauled away at 10 am on April 5! We still don't have it back and as of noon today, the dealer has still not received the parts. GM Rep told me that they will not make any offers to people who have already filed Lemon Law complaints. Is that true? Can we still file after our vehicle is returned? I don't expect mine back until probably Monday, April 30 --- 25 days!
  • Options
    richardc4richardc4 Member Posts: 33
    Looking back over the messages that have been posted I noticed that most of us neglect to tell where we live. It would be interesting to do that so we can compare and find what areas are getting their vehicles taken care of and what areas aren't. It appears that some are being sadly neglected.
  • Options
    richardc4-Great idea! I am in a suburb just outside Chicago (about 10 miles). Please note:
    1) My Envoy was the only one my dealer sold
    2) I have only called 800# 2-times
    3) Haven't filed or voiced a complaint to anyone

My opinion is it is pure luck if your dealer has received your parts. Please note that I DO NOT have my truck as of 6:18pm. At noon, the part was replaced, waiting alignment! What gives? Maybe tomorrow!
  • Options
    rpageaurpageau Member Posts: 94
    So many posts to read, so little time...........

Noticed a few very common threads with all the recent posts:

1. There are still a bunch of very upset people with high expectations.

2. Everyone is using the term "offer" as if they are being negotiated with by GM. I have a copy of the service bulletin that includes the letter going out to owners. It sure sounds to me like they are telling everyone what they are going to do. There certainly is nothing that asks anyone to accept the offer, and absolve them of any further "compensation".

3. I have seen numerous posts describing an extra month of warranty being offered. While I don't doubt for a minute someone may have told them that, the service bulletin to the dealer, and the customer letter make absolutely no reference to that fact.

qirq monster....You asked that people limit their posts to factual information. The first fact is that the service bulletin you referenced is just the campaign number. The service bulletins are not numbered, but just labeled as UPDATES to the campaign number. The UPDATE sent out at 2:36PM on 4/25 clearly outlines the OnStar extension, as well as the 2/24 Smart Care Coverage.
  • Options
    allenrallenr Member Posts: 89
    Pick-up my Bravada at lunch today, I forgot how nice I was, in and out of the dealer in 15 min. No one talked about compensation at the dealer?? I'm sure the phone call will come in the next few days. I would like to have 1 or 2 years of full On-Star for my trouble. The dealer service doesn't interest me much. I still like to do my own service, guess I'm from the old school. I like to look under my cars every now and then. :) BTW I'm in San Diego, CA.

Allen
  • Options
    Mine was ready this morning. But I couldn't get there until this afternoon. Looks great, rides great, and handles well.

Dealer diamond coated my paint and scotchguarded the carpets, full tank of gas, and clean. He asked if I had received my letter from GM, I told him no. He said to let him know what I think when I get.

GM extending warranty 30 days is not any extra benefit. According to my dealer, if I keep every repair order until the five years are up. I can add the days that it was in service to automatically extend the warranty. If it is down for 10 day it will add 10 days, If it is a total of 60 days out of service it will automatically add 60 days. So that is not an extra. That for every repair.

By the way, I from St. Louis, MO.
  • Options
    b4zb4z Member Posts: 3,372
    I am still in the market for a bravada. Hopefully now, that you guys are getting yours back you can give us potential buyers some driving impressions.
  • Options
    alanialani Member Posts: 39
    Not even a shirt with "I was recalled and that lousy shirt is all I got".

While on the phone with Olds rep -a lot better than GM to deal with, no results though- the dealer called "you are all set".

I was there around 4:45 - it was washed, vacuumed.

I asked the service mar to show me the parts that were taken out, he showed it to me and the parts guys explained exactly where the problem was and how it was fixed - it is the area around the pushing, it was beefed up. I met with the mechanic that did the work, he is the foreman in the shop with 20 years experience, he explained that it was an easy fix, no springs or breaks were removed, the steering wheel column was left alone, actual, the lower control arm was not even removed, just remove some bolts, pushing, take off the old bracket and replace it with the new one (this baby is a big, heavy piece, about 15 inch long, very thick and wide); once done, wheel alignment was performed and then taken for 5 mile test drive. it took him about 1.5 hr.
    According to the mechanic and my understanding and from what I saw:
    1- no many parts were removed, therefore, no way you could be standing with extra parts in your hands.
    2- there is absolutely no way you could end up with rattles, squeaks, things that are falling apart. take old piece off, replace it with new one.
    3- the overall integrity of the entire front end is intact.

When I asked if it is as good as new, he said "it is better than new, it does not have a defective part!".

It drove like a dream.

Now, my records with GM and Olds do not indicate any offer.
    The service mgr at the dealer does not know about any compensation or smart service; however, he indicated that once he finishes the paper work, I should get the smart service paper in the mail "only if that is what GM tolled me on the phone last Tuesday", however, he does not have any thing to offer me.

I did raise hell yesterday with GM and waved the recall paper, they offered me 2 year/24k extended warranty. HOWEVER, Olds division will not honor that offer since Bravada comes already with 5 year/60k warrantee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, even the full tank of gas is not full, how could it be, I had 170 mile on it, I used only 1/4 tank of gas, GM owes me 3/4 tank of gas at $1.48 9/10 a gallon, I am $18.9975 short!

debbin67, I am glad you sound good, I can sense that, your dealer apparently did not want to call you till all the work is done. most likely my dealer started working on the car yesterday and only called when it was ready at 10:45 am today.

-Alan, from NJ
  • Options
    They (GM Customer Service) definitely "offered" me the 123 deal and asked me several times if I was going to accept. As I said previously, I told them NO WAY and that their lame offer was an insult. The rep said he would note my comments.

This is certainly a negotiation. GM just doesn't want you think so. They want to be firm in their offer thinking us dumb chickens will follow the General's orders and take whatever is dumped on us. I won't be treated that way and neither should anyone else.
  • Options
    Oh, I forgot to mention, the reason that the Olds division will not extend my warentee by 2 more years as requested by GM is that, it is GM's policy not to offer any warentee beyond 5 years!
    Hum, I think I know why!

-Alan
  • Options
    Well guys, I guess if anything this board had kept me going for 3 weeks now. Hopefully I will get the call in the morning and get my truck by the afternoon. It looks as though this story is coming to a close. I will be delighted to drive my baby this weekend, (it looked so pretty in the service department, I was totally excited) and return this Mitsubishi. Looks as though we will take the maintainance, the 3 month on-star and a fill up and wash and be on our merry way! Sorry to disappoint those of you who thought we may get more, I was one of them the other day, but have come to my senses. For those of you who continue to fight, good luck and keep us posted. I happened to see an Envoy on the street today, and boy it was sharp! Made my head spin, but then I realized that, "hey, you've got that same truck
    :):):):)" I am tired of contemplating the what ifs anymore. I will take my truck and enjoy it thoroughly for the next 3 years! Till the next recall.........
    Debbie
  • Options
    Alan, accept my apology for going off the deep end the other day. I think I lost my marbles for a few minutes and took it out on you. I wish you the best with your Bravada and hopefully we don't find ourselves here again with another problem. Its been fun!
    Debbie
    P.S. The shirt thing made my day! Maybe someone out there could make them up! I know I would buy one!
  • Options
    Debbin67, sounds to me like you let them win the endurance battle. Be strong and hold out. What have you got to loose? They can't hold your truck back from you and the offer they are making you isn't worth a hill of beans. You will get more, much more if you just toughen up and hold out!
  • Options
    Hay, no need for an apology Debbie, we are all in it together, we all had our ups, downs and sideways if there is such a thing.

I am sure you and others will forget all about the troubles when you see your car, Enjoy it Debbie.

By no means, I am not signing off. I don't think we have seen the end of it yet.

-Alan
  • Options
    Unless you're the MOLE (lol) and work for GM, I think I need to disagree with you. I will still check in daily to see how everyone is fairing, but yes, they did wear me down, even my husband just shook his head when I told him I QUIT! Takes alot for me to do it, but....
  • Options
    trek1420btrek1420b Member Posts: 32
    I called the service manager at my dealer at 11:00 today (Thur) and no parts and no idea when they will get them. Came home for lunch and had a message from GM. I called them back and was asked if I had my truck yet. NO. Have I heard from my dealer? NO. Do they have the parts yet? NO, which I knew since I had just called them. He said they should get them tomorrow and if they don't to call GM back. Yeah, right, like this moron is going to get the parts there. He was stumbling over his words and then offered the lousy 123 deal.

What I would like to know is what do we have to lose in accepting the offer. It's not like they have to do anything I suppose. For those of us who refuse, do we end up with nothing or "possibily" more? The 123 offer should have been a given. Now offer me something to make up for my stress, frustation, and good will. I think I will be writing a letter to GM soon. I am actually hoping I don't get it back Friday or Monday and see what they will do then. Good luck to all.

I hate getting front end alignments, seems they can never get the steering wheel straight when the car is going straight!

BTW, I was also having a problem with a buzzing coming from my left front dash speaker. Sometimes it would buzz as soon as you turned on the ignition until you turned it off, and sometimes it would be fine. They are ordering a new speaker, probably pure guess work that it will fix the problem. My worry now is that they will have to pull the whole dash out to replace it.

I live in the Chicago area. I agree with Deb that it's pure luck whoever gets the parts. Seems to me it should have been simple to poll the dealers to see who had how many customer vehicles and alot to them first that many parts and not send more so they could be fixing their inventory before the rest of us. Silly me.
  • Options
    Tonight I got the dreaded GM service call. Did I get my Envoy back? When? We are giving you the 123 package, etc... I told them that this was not a satisfactory package. I stated that to build customer loyalty and confidence in their product they need to offer one month car payment, extend my Envoy bumper to bumper warranty two more years. The Bravado is already 5 years. The agent said they would submit my request and someone will get back to me within 48 to 72 hours. We need to keep the pressure on.

On another note... The exhaust pipe as well as the muffler are the ugliest I've seen. The rest of the Envoy is so nice. I hope there will be an after market replacement.

Keep the faith!!
  • Options
    richardc4richardc4 Member Posts: 33
    When I bought my Envoy in Phoenix through the internet I was told that there were only 3 in Arizona and I bought number 2. I was looking at an SLT model but it only ad 2WD and leather seats. Leather isn't the most pleasant thing in the world to sit on in Southern Arizona in the summer time (a guy has a tendency to stand while driving) so since I wanted 4WD and clothe I took an SLE model and quite frankly I liked it better. You might be interested to know that after I made the deal I flashed my GM credit card and told the salesman that I wanted to use the savings credited to it. It came to a little over $2,000.00 and the guy almost had a heart attack. It seems that I got my car for a bit over $2,000.00 under invoice. I'm sure they didn't take a loss but it made me feel pretty good. Incidentally, I live in gawdaful hot Tucson, AZ and as soon as possible plan to move back to the Sierras where it's nice and cool, and we measure the snow in feet and not inches each winter.

I got a call from GM today and they offered the standard type stuff. An extension on the onstar, a month on warranty and what I think will probably be a few oil changes. Since I've had a lot of other things on my mind that are much more important I'll probably take it and be done with it. Unless I have quite a drastic change of heart those people will never get their hands on my vehicle again. I may have to go in for warranty work but rest assured I'll be watching them like a hawk.
  • Options
    tbownertbowner Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone heard that in order to visually verify that the parts have been changed there is a white painted on dot on the part? My truck has them (got it back last night). I would appreciate it if someone else who got there car back would look under and see if there is a white dot on your brackets. My service manager said the new parts where identical to the old ones not beefier and that the only way to distinguish them is by the white dot. He also claimed 20 years in the business and assured me it was a safe and solid vehicle. I have serious doubts about the "new" part as no one has been able to tell me what the initial reason for the failure was and how the new parts remedy this and have been tested to prove that. We are all supposed to believe the service people who have absolutely no information, but can tell the car is safe by the years of working on gm products.
    I can not believe the way gm and my dealer are treating me. I don't expect a million dollars but I do expect to be treated with respect and to have my legitimate questions answered by someone who actually knows something. This is my first and last gm.
  • Options
    Boy would I love to get my hands on one these defective parts to perform a failure analysis (cross section, metallurgy, SEM, the works). Does any possibly have access to one? My guess is no. If someone does, I would be willing to perform this analysis for free and will post my results and section photos at a later date.
  • Options
    You loose your opportunity to get much more. The reason people who decline the offer (see post 765)are getting promises of a call back is that their file is being elevated to the next level to GM people with the authority to give them much more. The 123 offer is their first offer (the minimum) to see how many guppies would be silly enough to accept it. They have offer 2 and 3 in the waiting for the people that refuse to be treated like fools.
  • Options
    ducky87ducky87 Member Posts: 11
    once you pick up your rig, you are out of gms sight and mind, and you are have been shafted
  • Options
    I think -I am not a lawyer- that if I refuse to pick her up, GM/Dealer will stop paying for the rental. And, we might even be charged $50/day for storage at the dealer lot.
    The only option we have at this time is to get in touch with Ralph Nadder -:) I am serious -I can't get myself to say that with a straight face though! May be he can help, I don't know.

Oh, well, gone fishin, it is a beautiful day.

-Alan
  • Options
    9t9wu89t9wu8 Member Posts: 36
    If you're in Southern California you may be able to get one for free ... Gibson is looking for prototype vehicles.

http://www.gibsonperformance.com/index2.html

• Options
    brinncbrinnc Member Posts: 1
    I had the same buzzing problem with my Envoy and it only seemed to happen when the instrument panel lights came on. In fact it had been at the dealership for 3 days when the recall happened. It took them and technical support almost the whole 3 weeks to find the problem. I told them I would not accept my vehicle if the buzzing was not fixed. The problem is not with the speakers, it's the speaker wires. They used shielded speaker wires for all but the front speakers. The problem was located under the console where the wires were bundled together against the steel floor board. The wires run from the amplifier somewhere in the rear under the console to the front speakers. The fix was to separate the wires and shield them. The dealer supposedly sent a letter to GMC technical support explaining the problem. The dealer also had several other Envoys on the lot which had the same problem.

I received a call from the dealer on Monday the 23rd. telling me the buzzing was fixed but no information on the recall parts. Late Tuesday I received a call telling me the parts had arrived and by Wednesday morning it was ready to pick-up. I went to the dealership early Thursday to pick-up my Envoy and decided to test drive it before returning the loaner(Cadillac Deville). It rode and handled great but there were a few other problems. The remote outside mirror on the passenger side didn't work, the console was loose and somehow they had managed to scratch the rear passenger door. I left my Envoy at the dealer and returned home with the loaner to find 3 voice mails from GM asking me to return their call about the 123 package. The dealer just called this morning telling me everything has been fixed including the scratches. I hope I don't have to return home without my Envoy again.

I agree with everyone that we should get a 2 year extended warranty and 3years of ON STAR in addition the smart care offer.

By the way I live in North Carolina and purchased my Envoy in Winston-Salem.
  • Options
    Art, I do live in So. Cal and I submitted a request. Thanks again. I let you know if they contact me.
  • Options
    Gibson Performance in Corona, CA called and they already have a Envoy. They are looking for a Trailblazer. If anyone lives in So. Cal they are offering a free exhaust system. They say it will improve horespower as well as gas mileage. I'm sure it will look better then stock. They will call me when they offer a system for the Envoy to the public. Thanks Art!!
  • Options
    You seem to understand metallurgy so maybe you can answer my question.

The dealer told me the parts were cracking because they were made of forged steel and the new ones are stronger because they are made of steel. What is the difference and would it make a difference?
  • Options
    GM is reimbursing dealers for pulling their SUV's off the lot. Don't we deserve the same reimbursement?
  • Options
    hwj39hwj39 Member Posts: 7
    Folks let me see if I understand. GM recalled these vehicles to fix a potentially deadly problem. They immediately came to wherever necessary and picked the car up, gave the owners rental cars comparable or better to what they had been driving. They defined the problem, procured the parts, shipped and installed them in about 3-4 weeks. The owners of these cars received full rental car coverage the entire time and had to pick their cars up when they were fixed. In addition, GM offered free maintenance for a couple of years, Onstar extension, etc. However the people who had to endure driving a comparable vehicle for 3-4 weeks, and had to pick their truck up at the dealership when completed are now demanding for their pain - years of extended full warrantee, free car payments, years of free maintenance, years of free Onstar service, T-shirts, floppy beach hats, and other undefined free stuff. Lots of luck. No, I do not now or have I ever worked for GM - in fact, don't particularly like GM. As an independent observation, just understand the folks on this board represent less than a third of one percent of those recalled. I'll bet the other 99.7% get their trucks back, and are happy with the efforts to satisfy them and have moved on with their lives. GM can ill afford to make special deals with the >.3% who most likely can not be made happy.