Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Subaru Crew: Official SOA Presence (aka Patti)

Comments

• Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I'll run a rally cross and grill the competition, how's that? ;-)

-juice
  • Options
    rangnerrangner Member Posts: 336
    I'll take em to my Outback Steakhouse! Grill em with the boxer four! ;-)

Eric
  • Options
    lilbluewgn02lilbluewgn02 Member Posts: 1,089
    Roast gator and latkes!
  • Options
    subearusubearu Member Posts: 3,613
    I made some rally bread (Tastefully Simple beer bread) tonight. Mmmmm!

-Brian
  • Options
    subaru_teamsubaru_team Member Posts: 1,676
    10w30 Extra Virgin? or 10w50 Canola?

Patti
  • Options
    I prefer Canola - think of the it as a synthetic blend oil ;-)

-Brian
  • Options
    paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    I actually have seen a cookbook for making meals under the hood. It gives you engine size and miles instead of temp and time. :) Seriously saw some cool underhood cooking in it. Chicken, ribs, you name it it can be roasted/baked under the hood.

-mike
  • Options
    Mmmm, engine-grilled turbot. :o)

-juice
  • Options
    fibber2fibber2 Member Posts: 3,786
    Used a standard Weber for 15 years, and it still looked like new. 3 years ago Beth 'upgraded' me to a Weber Performer. Conventional 22.5" charcoal unit with a gas starter, coal bin & tabletop. Wonderful creation. With a little gas assist, you can add additional coals as needed and fine regulate the temp along with the conventional air vent controls. Great for those two hour family party cooking events.

Steve
  • Options
    subewannabesubewannabe Member Posts: 403
    Would the turbo give you the equivalent of a convection oven? All those conversions to make......
    Mark
  • Options
    p0926p0926 Member Posts: 4,423
    Mark- I can see the late-night infomercials now... buy a turbo and you can cook a complete dinner in only a fraction of the time!

-Frank P.
  • Options
    pathtomaxpathtomax Member Posts: 215
    Hello,

I think that this is an amazing resource from Edmunds and also Patti, from Subaru. After the purchase of my 2001 Outback Ltd in June of this year, I jumped right on the message boards. Until today, I have been in the dark that this board also existed. OK, maybe I need a dunce hat, but just another great resource I have found!

Signed,
    A little behind the ball in NH :)
  • Options
    wrxsoon1wrxsoon1 Member Posts: 158
    You may want to post in the "Meet the Members" board as well. And, well, I guess I'm not officially part of the owner's club YET, they tolerate my presence as I don't raise too much trouble. I am however a founding member of the OTFC (On The Fence Club). The club dedicated to not knowing which Subaru to purchase (now was that the Forester XT I wanted... or the WRX STi?... no, I think I was WAITING for the new Legacy GT wagon...) ;-)

-Ian
  • Options
    It's nice to see you post over here!

Patti
  • Options
    You're in because you ski. ;-)

You're also a member of the OTFC (*).

-juice

* On the Fence Club
  • Options
    we do more than tolerate you here - we enjoy your insight!

Patti
  • Options
    wrxsoon1wrxsoon1 Member Posts: 158
    Patti and Juice,

Thank you for making me feel welcome. It's a big part of why I want a Subaru. That and someone's gotta help you pay Lance's salary. ;-)

It's a good thing I ski and cycle as I don't have any D's or K's in my name (does my middle name count?), I don't have a Mac (used to and actually prefer them), I'm not a teacher and the only insight into Subaru's I have is that I've sat IN them before and I SIGHT them on the roads here in Seattle all the time. ;-)

Oh yeah, I do have two cats (Max and Rudy).

-Ian
  • Options
    rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    Michael
    Welcome aboard. Soon we'll have as many Mikes as Daves!

Ian
    Regardless of which side of the fence you fall, it will be a comfortable landing. :)

Bob
  • Options
    you need to have a dog that looks like a cat and you and Juice can have something in common!

Patti
  • Options
    Two pets is pretty standard, that alone qualifies you. As yes, middle names count.

Purrrr.

-juice
  • Options
    goneskiiangoneskiian Member Posts: 381
    I've got a "D" then. ;-)

My cats are as big as some small dogs. Wooof!

-Ian
  • Options
    kenskens Member Posts: 5,869
    Patti,

I'm going to head out to the SF auto show this weekend and pay homage to the Subaru booth. Would you happen to know anyone from Subaru working there?

Ken
  • Options
    bsvollerbsvoller Member Posts: 528
    I have a beagle who thinks he's a cat...

Do I qualify?

:)

-brianV
  • Options
    originalbitmanoriginalbitman Member Posts: 920
    Hi Patti - Sorry to have to post a problem as you know how much I love my Legacy. But I just blew out a heater core (2001 with 46k miles) while on a road trip to CO for TG. The car is at the dealer in CO springs. The estimate is $700. I know the car is out of the 3/36 warranty but is it worth calling SOA? It seems this is such and odd thing to go out so soon. Even the service reps were surprised.

But even after driving all day in 20 degree weather and no heater or defrost I still love this car. Ever road trip is a joy.

bit
  • Options
    ken_from_njken_from_nj Member Posts: 105
    hey fibber/steve -
    would you believe my bro was on patrol (cop) and found someone in his sickeningly wealthy town he works throwing one of those away at the end of their drive. he went to the house - asked if there was a reason it was at the road - they said they were chucking it as it was there when they moved in and they already had a 'grill'. he asked if he could have, they said no prob. he picked up after shift, cleaned the thing throughout - ordered 50 bucks in new parts (grill grate/metal thing the cover hooks into & something else i think) and for that he had what looks like a spanking new performer. absolutely the BEST charcoal grill i've ever seen. we enjoyed throughly this past summer. as they say, one man's trash is another man's treasure....
  • Options
    Please tell the Rep. to contact me immediately after they have the case started. It is an unusual failure and your mileage is low. We'll see what we can do.

Thanks!

Patti
  • Options
    I tried asking around - no reply's from my contacts out west. Early holiday?

Sorry!

Patti
  • Options
    to figure out your dealer from your other post. No need to call it in to us. We called them.

Have a safe trip!

Patti
  • Options
    bigelmbigelm Member Posts: 995
    I just want to say that you are the BOMB!!!

Go ahead... have an early turkey dinner.. you deserve it ;)
  • Options
    hondafriekhondafriek Member Posts: 2,984
    I will say here again, wish we had a treasure like Patti at Subaru of Canada.

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    brianV: but of course!

You can't have her, Pat. ;-)

Move close to your daughter, instead.

-juice
  • Options
    country and my "origins" are from up your way. My great-grandmother and grandfather came down this way from Newfoundland! If only SOA and SOC had a reciprocal customer/dealer service area!

Patti
  • Options
    just doing the right thing. Low mileage and traveling over a holiday! It's just a shame that he had the breakdown. I'm glad he went into the dealership. Bob Rosenthal, the Service Manager at Heuberger and I go back a long way so it was an easy contact. It's when a car goes into an independent shop that it's hard to help.

Time to fiddle with my "stuffing" ideas! I want to go with something creative, but my in-laws prefer traditional.

What's the feeling here? Stuffing or filling?

Patti
  • Options
    A reciprocal arrangement would be great but too much to hope for I fear, Why is it that SOA seems to see the big picture and look to the future while Subaru of Canada still seem to be stuck in the dark ages, after all they are the same CO.are they not?

We do not even have my subaru.com.

As for your Great Grandparents if they come from the rock I would say its a pretty good bet that there is Irish there somewhere too.

Most Newfies are transplanted Irish.

Juice, I moved countrys once when I came here from Ireland have no desire to do it again, it was hard enough when I was thirty years younger.

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    Irish and Swedish, through and through each generation of us. Yes - we used to get cans of smoked cod from family up that way up until about 10 years ago.

I wish SOA and SOC did more together. We do related to claims, but that's about it. Plus, cars going into Canada and out. Funny - one of my "other" responsibilities is approving cars coming into the US from Canada. So, I get to deal with a lot of Canadians on a pretty routine basis.

Well, I'd wish you a happy Thanksgiving, but, I guess you don't celebrate that, huh? Well, you can have turkey anyway!

Patti
  • Options
    We do have thanksgiving here, we just have a few weeks earlier than you do down there.

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    you are one of the things I'll be thinking about and thankful for this holiday. You are all the best. I wish you all safe miles in your Subaru (or your current vehicle if you aren't driving one at this time) and a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family's and friends. You all are the best!

Patti
  • Options
    locke2clocke2c Member Posts: 5,038
    aw, that's so nice. :)

good luck and God bless to all!

-Colin
  • Options
    bluesubiebluesubie Member Posts: 3,497
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

-Dennis
  • Options
    hypovhypov Member Posts: 3,068
    Gobble Gobble :D

-Dave
  • Options
    bigelmbigelm Member Posts: 995
    Have a Happy Turkey Day and be safe!!! God Bless....

Patti, I'd say do the stuffing and tell them to fill it...! Hence the stuffing vs. filling dilema you have!!! lol.
  • Options
    c_hunterc_hunter Member Posts: 4,487
    Thanks Patti, same to you!

I'm going to wax my wife's Forester and my WRX over the long weekend. So, even the cars get a treat!

Craig
  • Options
    bsvollerbsvoller Member Posts: 528
    And a happy holiday to you and your family.

-brianV
  • Options
    kenskens Member Posts: 5,869
    Thanks, Patti and the same to you and everyone on the Crew.

Ken
  • Options
    ozman62ozman62 Member Posts: 229
    motion, Pat. I certainly wish that SOC could follow SOA's lead with regards to customer relations. Patti, you are a huge asset to Subaru and this forum, it's unfortunate that us Canucks can't really benefit from this groundbreaking relationship.
      I recall a few years ago that there was some fellow from SOC that was posting occasionally, but I think that it was strictly a personal thing. He hasn't posted for quite a while, so maybe he's in SOC's dungeon, brrr, sounds cold. And Patti thought hers was bad ;-)
      Happy Thanksgiving to all south of the 49th.
    Regards, Owen
  • Options
    originalbitmanoriginalbitman Member Posts: 920
    I can't believe how fast you respond. Thanks a ton... really. I wish you the happiest of Thanksgivings. You made mine special.

BTW... the dealer is very nice. What a great facility.

Bit
  • Options
    I am thankful for:

* AWD
    * turbos
    * reliable cars with character
    * Patti's support
    * friend, family, and health!

Not necessarily in that order. Turbos come first.

Just kidding.

-juice
  • Options
    All have so much to be thankful for and not just at thanksgiving.

Where else but on these forums would you find such a thoughtful, caring bunch of people, who origionally got together by contact with a certain make of car, but have now gone way beyond that.

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    Gobble Gobble everyone, have a safe extended weekend.

-Brian
  • Options
    jfljfl Member Posts: 1,396
    Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Patti: cook the stuffing out of the bird. A stuffed bird takes way too long to roast and totally dries out the white meat.

Jim
This discussion has been closed.