Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Mazda6 Lease Questions

Comments

• inwesterinwester Member Posts: 24

I've been helped by Michaell in the 2014 forum, I should've really posted here.

Leasing a Mazda 6 Grand Touring with Technology Package (MSRP 33,420) for $370/month for a 36 month, 15,000 mile lease. No down, literally, all I owe is $370 first month's payment. And this includes everything, title, taxes, registration etc.

Any comments, feedback?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,061

@inwester said:
    I've been helped by Michaell in the 2014 forum, I should've really posted here.

Leasing a Mazda 6 Grand Touring with Technology Package (MSRP 33,420) for $370/month for a 36 month, 15,000 mile lease. No down, literally, all I owe is $370 first month's payment. And this includes everything, title, taxes, registration etc.

Any comments, feedback?

Is this a 2015? The numbers are slightly different...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• aschugeraschuger Member Posts: 55

It's only July 1st but hopefully you guys already have the July residual and MF for the following:

1. 2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring for 3 yrs, 15k miles/yr in California
    2. Same as #1 except it's a 2014

Thanks for the help.

• largebreadlargebread Member Posts: 15

@kyfdx Just closing the loop here. Thanks for your help. I leased a 2015 Sport 15K/36 mo, with all tax, fees, dmv included in payment. $275/mo. And first payment was included too so no cash at signing. Thought that was pretty good.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

@aschuger said:
    It's only July 1st but hopefully you guys already have the July residual and MF for the following:

Thanks for the help.

Sorry, but we don't have the regional numbers that include CA.. yet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@largebread said:
    kyfdx Just closing the loop here. Thanks for your help. I leased a 2015 Sport 15K/36 mo, with all tax, fees, dmv included in payment. $275/mo. And first payment was included too so no cash at signing. Thought that was pretty good.

Sounds like a good deal... thanks for reporting back. Enjoy your new car!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kardon1kardon1 Member Posts: 40
    Do you have numbers for 36/15 in Boston ma? Grand touring model

@kardon1 said:
    Do you have numbers for 36/15 in Boston ma? Grand touring model

The regional numbers that include MA aren't yet available to us.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

edited July 2014

@Michaell said:
    Is this a 2015? The numbers are slightly different...

Finally got some time to go through the lease agreement in detail. Here are the numbers if it helps anyone. Any feedback from the moderators or experts is also welcome, could help potential future buyers.

2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring
    36 month lease/ 15,000 miles

MSRP = $29,895

• Options =
      GT Technology Package ($2,080)
      Cargo Nets ($50)
      All-weather floor mats ($125)
      Soul Red Metallic Paint Charge ($300)
      Rear bumper guard ($120)
      Wheel locks ($55)

MSRP + Total Options = $32,625
    Delivery, Handling fee = $795

Total MSRP: $33,420

Agreed Upon Value of the Vehicle = $30,754.86
    Sales tax = $890.25
    Acquisition Fee = $595
    Doc Fee = $399

Gross capitalized Cost = $32,639.11
    Cap cost reduction = $257.14
    Adjusted capitalized cost = $32,381.97
    Residual Value = $19,049.40
    Depreciation and any amortized amounts = $13,332.57
    Rent charge = $18.39
    Total of base monthly payments = $13,350.96
    Lease payments = 36
    Base monthly payment = $370.86

Amount due at signing:
    Cap cost reduction = $257.14
    First monthly payment = $370.86
    Initial registration fees = $234.50
    NJ Tire fee = $7.50
    Total = $870.00

Rebates and noncash credits = $500
    Amount to be paid in cash $370.86.

Disposition fee = $300 (if decided not to buy the car at the end of lease)

Phew, it took a while, but this covers everything in the lease agreement.

Also, the dealer offered me a warranty/insurance package, which had 4 tiers, ranged from $120/month to $22/month. He said the last package, i.e. a tire and rim package was advisable and told me to buy it. Since the car has low profile tires (225,45,R19) and 19 inch rims which are very susceptible to break during winter on horrible NJ/NY roads. I generally don't buy more insurance than required, but I've had bad experiences in the past with my other car with sidewall cracks and tire bursts in winter. Any idea if this is a reasonable buy, $22/month tire and rim package? I have couple of more days to include it in the lease, otherwise have to pay all 36 installments upfront, i.e. around $800.

@aschuger said:

Thanks for the help.

Just a reminder that I'm still interested in the MF and residual for the two cars in my previous post.

If you don't have them yet, then when you do you expect you'll get them?

@aschuger said:
    MF for the following:

2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring for 3 yrs, 15k miles/yr in California
    Same as #1 except it's a 2014
    Thanks for the help.

>

Just a reminder that I'm still interested in the MF and residual for the two cars in my previous post.

>

If you don't have them yet, then when you do you expect you'll get them?

Not yet, but we're hoping that they'll show up any day now.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• stokeistokei Member Posts: 9

July mf and residual in NY for 2015 Mazda Grand Touring for 36mo. at 10k yr. and 12k yr. Thank you.

@stokei said:
    July mf and residual in NY for 2015 Mazda Grand Touring for 36mo. at 10k yr. and 12k yr. Thank you.

The regional numbers that include NY should be available early next week.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@aschuger said:

Thanks for the help.

Have you received the July Mazda lease rates? If so, I'd appreciate it if you could post the MF and residual for the two cars quoted above. Thanks.

@aschuger said:
    Have you received the July Mazda lease rates? If so, I'd appreciate it if you could post the MF and residual for the two cars quoted above. Thanks.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring for 3 yrs, 15k miles/yr in California
    Same as #1 except it's a 2014

2015 - 55% and .00001

2014 - No 2014 numbers for the Mazda 6 in CA

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited July 2014

Wow that's a big change from the 57% residual the 2015 had in June.

Michaell are you sure that the 55% residual is for 36 months 15k miles per year for the 2015? The 2014 had a 55% residual last month so maybe you accidentally gave me the residual for that one.

@aschuger said:
    Wow that's a big change from the 57% residual the 2015 had in June.

Michaell are you sure that the 55% residual is for 36 months 15k miles per year for the 2015? The 2014 had a 55% residual last month so maybe you accidentally gave me the residual for that one.

I just double checked - 2015 Mazda 6 GT in CA ... 55% residual and .00001 for 36/15.

Maybe they are selling well in CA and so can deflate the residual. Who knows? There are three regions' worth of numbers for the 2015 Mazda 6.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• chrisutpgchrisutpg Member Posts: 26

Hey,
    I will be visiting the Mazda dealership next week to hopefully lease a 2015 Mazda6 iTouring. Looking for some information..

In NJ, 2015 Mazda6 iTouring 10k miles, looking for the MF and the residual?

Also, I have all scores in the mid 730's any idea what tier I may get? Thanks for any help.

Hey,

I'm looking for the MF and residual for a 2015 Mazda6 iTouring in NJ with 10k milies a year, 36mo.

I'll be going to the dealership next week so any help would be great. Also I have scores in the mid 730's any idea what tier that is?

• stokeistokei Member Posts: 9

@chrisutpg said:
    Hey,

I'm looking for the MF and residual for a 2015 Mazda6 iTouring in NJ with 10k milies a year, 36mo.

I'll be going to the dealership next week so any help would be great. Also I have scores in the mid 730's any idea what tier that is?

730 score qualifies you for top tier MF. 56% residual and .00001 MF for 36/10. Deduct 2% for manual transmission.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@stokei said:

.00001 MF and 57%/56% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• baciu2014baciu2014 Member Posts: 6

if you have the new numbers for july , please provide .

2015 mazda 6 touring ,3 yrs 10k and 4 yrs 10k , Boston area , MA; mf , residual. please .and thank you

@baciu2014 said:
    if you have the new numbers for july , please provide .

2015 mazda 6 touring ,3 yrs 10k and 4 yrs 10k , Boston area , MA; mf , residual. please .and thank you

36/10 - 56% and .00001. deduct 2% for manual

48/10 - 48% and .00037. deduct 2% for manual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:
    730 score qualifies you for top tier MF. 56% residual and .00001 MF for 36/10. Deduct 2% for manual transmission.

Thanks for that! I'm trying to figure out how the dealer has a lease going right now for 129 a month, with 2k down plus tax, title, fees. So really say closer to 4k down, but still the numbers do not add up, the MSRP of that car is around 25k correct? Think this deal is too good to be true?

Also, could you tell me what the residual and MF are a 24mo lease in NJ, 10k a year.

Again, I appreciate the help!

@chrisutpg said:
    Also, could you tell me what the residual and MF are a 24mo lease in NJ, 10k a year.

24/10 Touring - 62% and .00012. Deduct 2% for manual.

I'm trying to figure out how the dealer has a lease going right now for 129 a month, with 2k down plus tax, title, fees. So really say closer to 4k down, but still the numbers do not add up, the MSRP of that car is around 25k correct? Think this deal is too good to be true?

I'd need to see all of the numbers, but I suspect that there is a substantial amount of down payment involved. And, it could be a lease deal from a finance company other than Mazda.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:
    I'd need to see all of the numbers, but I suspect that there is a substantial amount of down payment involved. And, it could be a lease deal from a finance company other than Mazda.

Yeah because something does not seem to be adding up.. Just want to make sure I'm educated enough to deal with it. Hmm..

Just looking to confirm a few this for my visit to the dealership on Tuesday..

The car I'm looking at is a 2015 Mazda6 iTouring Auto. The MSRP on the dealer website is $25,990. So the in NJ the residual is 56% of that, so it would be $14,554. So, if the sale price was say $24,500 that would leave me a lease payment somewhere around $276 correct? Not including Tax, Title, fees. I plan on trying to put no money down expect to pay the tax, title and dealer fees.

With that said would it be more beneficial to find the same 2015 Mazda6 iTouring with a slightly higher MSRP if I can get the sale price to be around the same? I want to make sure I really know what a good deal would be. Thanks, Chris.

• maksimmaksim Member Posts: 3

I would shoot for purchase price of Invoice, minus any rebates you are eligible for, be it conquest cash, etc.

The invoice price should be on the window sticker correct?

@chrisutpg said:
    The invoice price should be on the window sticker correct?

No, that is the MSRP - use the pricing tools at the top of the page to help you determine the invoice price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• holdyourfireholdyourfire Member Posts: 10

Hi, I'm looking for Mazda 6 lease numbers, Grand Touring, 36 months, 12K per year. Pennsylvania.

Thanks.

@holdyourfire said:
    Hi, I'm looking for Mazda 6 lease numbers, Grand Touring, 36 months, 12K per year. Pennsylvania.

Thanks.

.00001 MF and 56% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mac_attackmac_attack Member Posts: 87
    edited July 2014
    In North Carolina. Looking at 2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, fully loaded.

36months & 12K/miles per year

What is the best I can get on residual & money factor?
    And what is a ballpark month payment?

Here is what i was quoted up front:
    residual of 56%
    money factor of . 00029 and the price is 30,595.00
    399/mo w/ 399 up front 1st pymt

Seems it should be much much better.

Thank you in advance for this awesome forum and answer!!

@mac_attack said:
    In North Carolina. Looking at 2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, fully loaded.

36months & 12K/miles per year

What is the best I can get on residual & money factor?
    And what is a ballpark month payment?

Here is what i was quoted up front:
    residual of 56%
    money factor of . 00029 and the price is 30,595.00
    399/mo w/ 399 up front 1st pymt

Seems it should be much much better.

Thank you in advance for this awesome forum and answer!!

.00029 MF and 56% residual are correct.

To run a calculation, we'd need both the MSRP and the CAP cost. Plus, the tax rate, etc..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mac_attackmac_attack Member Posts: 87
    In regards to your questions above. The price of car is about 33K, i would be getting it for 30,595. So considering the mf & residual i listed and these numbers is 399/mos for 36 mos & 12miles per yr a good deal or should that payment be lower?

@mac_attack said:
    In regards to your questions above. The price of car is about 33K, i would be getting it for 30,595. So considering the mf & residual i listed and these numbers is 399/mos for 36 mos & 12miles per yr a good deal or should that payment be lower?

I'm getting a pre-tax payment of $350.76 for 36 mo with the information you've provided.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tr1plsc00ptr1plsc00p Member Posts: 23

Does anyone know what Credit Bureau Mazda Capital Finance uses when checking credit scores? I'm looking at leasing a 2015 Mazda6 grand touring MSRP $30,690, 36 months, 15k miles/yr. I also have about $3300 in trade equity and cash. Dealer price is $29,000 and i would qualify for $1500 in rebates.My Equifax score is 671. Do you think i would qualify for the lease incentive?

@tr1plsc00p said:
    Does anyone know what Credit Bureau Mazda Capital Finance uses when checking credit scores? I'm looking at leasing a 2015 Mazda6 grand touring MSRP $30,690, 36 months, 15k miles/yr. I also have about $3300 in trade equity and cash. Dealer price is $29,000 and i would qualify for $1500 in rebates.My Equifax score is 671. Do you think i would qualify for the lease incentive?

I don't think the credit score factors into eligibility for any lease incentives. It does, however, affect the money factor used to calculate the lease payment. Mazda credit considers anything over 680 to be tier 1. Scores between 660 and 679 have .00030 added to the MF.

It's not recommended to use cash or trade equity to lower your payment - if the car is stolen or totaled in an accident, you would be out that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Are the credit scores that Mazda uses different from what I see on my report? I've heard that those are different because they take previous auto loans/lease history into consideration. If so, mine is stellar; never late on payments and paid my recent 5 year loan in 3.5 yrs.

You might want to pay off a credit card, and see if that gives you a bump.... or, tell your Mazda dealer that you know you are close, but you aren't leasing if you don't get top tier rates.. sometimes, the dealers have a little pull, if the numbers are close.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I make $70k a year, which I'm sure will help the push. So, they do use the FICO scores that we have access to? Or, is it different because it's a lease and not a loan situation?

They use FICO.. 660-679 gives you a bump of .00030 and 640-659 adds an additional .00030

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

How are those MF's so low? I'm looking at lease deals from other manufacturers and they are 3-6 percent?

@tr1plsc00p said:
    How are those MF's so low? I'm looking at lease deals from other manufacturers and they are 3-6 percent?

Which brands? Generally, luxury brands have higher MFs but also allow for multiple security deposits to be applied to lower the MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I'm just wondering. Is it because of the lease incentive that Mazda is currently promoting?

@tr1plsc00p said:
    I'm just wondering. Is it because of the lease incentive that Mazda is currently promoting?

Captive finance companies will adjust the MF from month to month in the hopes that they will sell (lease) more cars. I see lots of MF that translate to an interest rate of < 1% at the moment - we're at the end of the 2014 model year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Do you have MF and depreciation for August for a 2015 Mazda6 Touring with moonroof option, 36 months, 15k miles? Thanks

@tr1plsc00p said:
    Do you have MF and depreciation for August for a 2015 Mazda6 Touring with moonroof option, 36 months, 15k miles? Thanks

Not yet .. hoping to have the new Mazda numbers today, or early next week.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator