Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Toyota Sequoia Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jimb22jimb22 Member Posts: 17
    Your patience paid off. Now all you have to do is add a DVD player. I have 2 headrest monitors and a visor monitor with a sony playstation is the back. My only consolation is that I've already enjoyed a year of pure driving excitement and my kids love the DVD.
  • Options
    blucraw68blucraw68 Member Posts: 2
    In Phx, Az. Got a 02' 2wd blk
    moon roof
    roof rack
    curtain and side air bags
    dual cloth power captains chairs
    alloy package( 16" rims, tow hitch, privacy glass, running boards and overfenders)
    conv. package( pwr heated outside mirrors, keyless entry, the overhead gauge w/ homelink)
    front and rear ac
    cassette player w/ cd & jbl speakers ( awsome sound)
    keyless entry
    fog lights
    cargo net
    floor mats and the door protector
    getting my dvd all in one custom installed on sunday!

msrp 37411
    got out of there at 36100

so far i love it:-)
  • Options
    blucraw68blucraw68 Member Posts: 2
    out the door 34167
  • Options
    nodefectnodefect Member Posts: 26
    How much extra were all those extra's ? I believe the DVD player is about $1,295.00. What are headrest monitors? Are they the kind that slide over the seat, or are they actually installed in the vehicle? Sounds like you have quite the video playground in you Sequoia. Do you have any advice on backup sensors for the Sequoia?
  • Options
    fairway13fairway13 Member Posts: 6
    Recently purchased Sequoia SR5 with the following options: Alloy wheel package, Sunroof, Roofrack, rear spoiler, convenience Package, Premium Package (leather, JBL system w/6disc changer, power captains chairs), Side Air Curtains, Side door panel upgrade, Sunroof wind Deflector, Floor mats with door sill protection, Dual A/C, Daytime running lights, Foglights, Keyless entry w/security upgrade. Bought in Killeen had to order and received in about 2 weeks. Stickered at 40400 paid 36500, 37700 out the door. Have had it for about a month, recently took to florida and back and what a nice ride. Traded in Nissan 2000 Maxima GLE.
  • Options
    chevyhoechevyhoe Member Posts: 2
    Same as you honey!!! i switched from a Chevy Tahoe. 2002 SR5 4x4,Alloy wheel package, Sunroof, Sunroof wind Deflector and rear spoiler, convenience Package, Premium Package (leather, JBL system w/6disc changer, Roofrack, power captains chairs which I LOVE), Side Air Curtain, Side door panel upgrade,Floor mats, Dual A/C, Daytime running lights, Foglights, Keyless entry w/security upgrade. Stickered at 40300+ paid 35414, Have it three days,VERY NICE truck!!! Someone said they have A/C & brake pad problems. either way, I saved a ton by waiting 6 months and will bring it in for the a/c and brake probrlm to keep it on record
  • Options
    bldazbldaz Member Posts: 11
    Come on how can you get something for 5900 off of a 37400 vehicle? they got 10% equals 3700, you telling us you got another 2200 below invoice?
  • Options
    They are dealing! Two weeks ago I got $5,199.00 off on a $45,371.00 Limited with no dealer add-ons. They also gave me according to Kelley's, excellent condidtion trade allowance for my 99 SR5 4Runner ($19,000).
  • Options
    Visit http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=269

You will see Entertainment systems. The DVD is a Clairion VS715 $370.

2 Clarion VMA7191 headrest monitors $732.

Sunvisor Monitor $209.

Wireless headphones, Gameport, all installed for $2,500 total for everything.

• Options
    ab4dab4d Member Posts: 4
    Back in May I ordered a fully loaded 2002 SR5 4x4 in Blue Marlin Pearl. My dealer called and informed me that my sequoia should arrive in about 10 days. With so many messages on the sequoia board concerning air conditioning and brake problems, I am now considering purchasing an extended warranty. Does anyone know what toyota charges for their extended warranties? Are the prices negotiable? Thanks for any information, Jim.
  • Options
    Yes it is negotiable ! They start ar about $1,800.00. Cost on it is around $700.00. I negotiated mine down to the high $600's or low $700's, I cannot remember. My wife has the vehicle right now with those docs in it. This warrenty is the Toyota Platinum Care which gives you bumper to bumper for 7 years/75000 miles. I payed $500 for it on my 99 4Runner and just got a check from Toyota for the unused portion of that warrenty for $287.00. I traded the 4runner in on the Sequoia. It's nice that Toyota will send you back money on the unused portion of the extended warrenty. Normally I'd say you don't need it on a Toyota, but you surely need it on American cars, but if you can get the cost of it down to the $700's and get money back if you trade it early, than it's a no brainer. I never used it on my 4Runner, but the peace of mind was nice. Definetly negotiate the heck out of it!
  • Options
    I'd never leave my truck with that kind of a system ! Wow !!! Sounds great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'll look it up at Tundra Solutions.

Any advice for back-up sensors for the Sequoia?
  • Options
    For the back-up sensors dry www.autotoys.com and do a search. I saw a nice camera that you install in the rear to watch on a monitor install in the dash for the DVD system.
  • Options
    nelsonbrnelsonbr Member Posts: 1
    I got mine with:

Leather (aftermarket by the dealer)
    Chrome wheels
    Privicy glass
    Black pearl emblems
    Roof rack
    Keyless entry
    Tow bar
    Electric seats
    Front/Rear air
    Running boards
    Mats

$33,500 (plus $600 extended warrenty)

I took more than a little fighting with the dealer. It was a "bait and switch" that I turned back on them through some hard talk and actions. But alls well that ends well. :)
  • Options
    sk123sk123 Member Posts: 10
    Any idea when Toyota is going to release 2003 model
  • Options
    toyofannewtoyofannew Member Posts: 24
    I plan to get one Sequoia exactly like that posted at #103 except the color - I'd like white or Thunder Gray. Any suggestion for the best deal in Atlanta area? Thanks in advance. Blucraw68, could you please give me your dealership name? Thanks!!
  • Options
    oldcoyoteoldcoyote Member Posts: 8
    I priced Sequoias in Atlanta but received a much better deal from Scott Bell at Tuscaloosa Toyota (.com)in Alabama. This is about a 3 to 3 1/2 hour drive from Atlanta.
  • Options
    Thanks, Oldcoyote! I already sent the quote requirement to it and see what I get. I don't mind to spend a whole day to save a couple of hundreds of dollars. I will check Atlanta Toyota here at this weekend. I already talked w/ one of the dealers there several times and hope I can get good deal there. I also got positive responses from Stone Mountain Toyota in emails.
    I will keep informing. Thanks again!
  • Options
    shek3shek3 Member Posts: 72
    I am looking for a 4x4 SR5 with everything EXCEPT leather........any good dealers on L.I.?? I went to Stevens in Huntington and they have salesman who know nothing about the vehicle....price was $37,000. any ideas?? thanks, Mike
  • Options
    I wasted whole day w/o any deals. Definitely, I will not go to Stone Mountain Toyota again. Maybe, I am misleaded by this page, the best quote I got is ~$2000 over invoice. No one mentions any other fees here like doc fee ($400 - $500), distribution fee (~550) - it is NOT delivery fee - $510. Also, no dealer took the invoice price I printed out from this site. Somehow, their invoices are several hundred higher. But, if you took some options out, the dealer said the invoice price in my hands was higher! For ex, in StoneMountain, I was told the sunroof is $720 not $800. I only save < $600 if I remove the sunroof from my list. I had very good experience when I bought the 1st Toyota (Camry) in VA. Any one knows any good dealer in Atlanta? Thanks. I may wait for '03 model then.
  • Options
    02sequoia02sequoia Member Posts: 7
    Doc fees for $400 to $500 is way too much. Usual doc fees around Atlanta is $250 to $300.

If someone is charging you $550 for distribution fee in addition to the delivery fee is misleading you. Tell them you do not want to pay it.

Delivery fee for Southeast region is $535.00

Decline the Toyo Guard Options which will save you $600 (MSRP). Have them locate a vehicle that does not have one.

I had a great experience with a dealership in the south part of town...Legacy Toyota of Union City. Did the whole deal via e mail and phone. I spent less than an hour in the dealership when I picked up my vehicle. Call them and ask for Chris H. (only talk to him) and tell him the guy that bought a 2002 2x4 Limited Thunder Gray Sequoia end of July sent you. Ask him for his best price. Then call Cobb County Toyota and ask for John C. for his best price. Compare and negotiate with the dealer that has the best price.

Use the True Market Value (TMV) amount from this site to guage your qoute. If you get a deal $300 or more below the TMV price...it is a good deal.

Good Luck.
  • Options
    Thank you very much, 02sequoria! You are right. There is no distribution fee (FP50). I confirmed this in World Toyota yesterday. Last Saturday, I visited Atlanta and Stn Mtn Toyota to hear this fee at 1st time. But, the doc fee is $399(Atlanta Toyota charges $499). Actually, Lengcy Toyota is my 1st visit and the dealer is quite nice. But, there are limit inventory there. So, I slowly forget it. Unexpectaly, the dealer in Lengcy called me yesterday and said he could find the exact SUV I wanted and beat any offers. So, I may buy my 02 SUV in this week from Lengcy or World Toyota. See my post later..
  • Options
    pcomusapcomusa Member Posts: 5
    I got mine for 37K at World Toyota 6 monthes ago. They took my deposit ($1000) and refused to return it for 2 monthes until they actually got the car.. with less options. When they got the car with less options, manager told me "Take it or Leave". Too much pressure from my family to get it. so couldn't wait any longer. Never buy another one or recommend World Toyota. (But they are better than Atlanta Toyota...long story..)

Alloy Pkg + Leather + conv pkg + couple of small options. - 37k drive out. It was early march.
  • Options
    raybearraybear Member Posts: 1,795
    Did you have a signed purchase order? I hope you have a copy. Take those bandits to small claims court for the difference.
  • Options
    mentor34mentor34 Member Posts: 60
    A dealer proposed Invoice + $1,000 for ordering a 2003, sounded very good to me, any thoughts out there?? This dealer said that you could order a 2003 any way that you wanted it since it is built in the U.S., others have said that you can't order Toyotas, they can just try to find one that most closely matches what you want. Which is the truth?
  • Options
    sbell4sbell4 Member Posts: 446
    Southeast admin fee = 565 (legit fee and is not dealer profit of any kind)

advertising fee = doesn't exist in southeast

FP50 = (PIO) code for inspecition of vehicle at port so it doesn't have to be PDI (pre-delivery inspection) at the dealership) It shows 0.00 charge on sticker but has a dealer cost of 33.00
    (no big deal)
    destination charge = 510 + 25 = 535

If the vehicle is equipped the same way the invoice and sticker price will be the same for every dealer in the southeast.

YOU MUST HAVE FOUND BY NOW THAT YOU CAN BUY THIS VEHICLE FOR INVOICE FROM ANYONE, RIGHT????

DOC fees or clerical fee will be added to selling price. In the Atlanta area you see that the clerical fee is several hundred dollars. Are you wanting to find a dealer with a lower clerical fee? If so, there are plenty of dealers with a clerical fee for much less.

I have been following your posts and still do not know why you haven't bought one yet.

(1) you can get the car equipped the way you want
    (2) you can get a Sequoia for invoice
    (3) you like the dealers you are working with

What is wrong?
  • Options
    Thank you, sbell4, for carification. Maybe, my previous purchases were too easy. For ex, I got my Camry in VA in less than one hour - two minutes phone call to confirm the price (co-worker got one), a few min to select the right one, 10 min test drive, 15 min for paper work and another 15 min for the car clearing. Then, drove home!

The main reason I still don't finish my purchasing is I can find the SUV w/ exact options. For ex, I want White. at first, I looked for w/ moon roof but no leather. It's very hard to locate one. Then, I decided to take w/ leather. But, most of SUVs come w/ Prefered pkg and Toyo Guard, which costs another thousand more. I almost got the deal at Atlanta Toyota on last Saturday. Only because the 2nd saleman (Dan something, "manager") is too rough. We left w/o any really offer. Also, I didn't return their offer (quite good) in my voice box on Monday. When I finally catched the 1st saleman on Wed. the SUV was gone. Lengcy and World Toyotas don't have the SUV I want, also. After I visited several dealerships, I was told I only can get the good deal when the SUV is in stock. '02 model is almost gone. I am not in hurry and I can wait until I see what I am looking for no matter 02 or 03 model.
  • Options
    sbell4sbell4 Member Posts: 446
    That way you get the exact color and equipment you want. Be careful in the Atlanta market, they do not have many people skills
  • Options
    SPIKEJRSPIKEJR Member Posts: 3
    I bought my 2002 Sequoia SR5 4x2 with leather and alloy pkg for a thousand over invoice from Reinhardt Toyota in Montgomery, AL. That is about two hours from you. There were no doc fees. All I paid was for the Sequoia and the tax. I live in Columbus, GA and I called several dealers in Atlanta and they could not beat my local dealer. I happen to remember Stone Mountain Toyota because I thought they were the worse. Anyone have any questions call me at 706-577-3418. I would be glad to give you any info. I love my Sequoia. The best $33,900 I ever spent.
  • Options
    www.kbb.com has 2003 pricing!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    croy4croy4 Member Posts: 14
    Just picked up our 2002 SR5 from Toyota of Buena Park this Weekend. Totally painless process, dealer was very up front and stated any Sequoia at invoice + $625. Documentation fee was $45. They provided the factory invoice for the exact VIN of our vehicle and it matched the Edmunds numbers exactly. Total process took all of 15 minutes and I love the vehicle.
  • Options
    We just signed the papers on an order for a 2003, invoice plus $1,000, SR5 with leather, 17" wheels, DVD, and all other options. Now we wait:):):)
  • Options
    Has anyone else found a discrepency between kbb prices and dealer prices??? According to my dealer kbb is off by $1000. I think the dealer may be adding an advertising fee. Base MSRP from both sources is the same, but somewhere along the line the bottom line is off! So, my price is kbb plus $1000 profit plus this other $1000. He showed me the sheet with all cars, equipment, dealer and MSRP prices and his numbers dont match my kbb numbers. Mike
    ps when is Edmunds going to have 2003 pricing?
  • Options
    tsw019tsw019 Member Posts: 13
    Boy,could I fill your ears full on trying to price an 03 Seq.;frustration?? Lets not go there.
    You probably should start with Toyota website.(According to Toyota,option pkg.s are listed for "your region": key is your zip code) Ex: In Tn,Ky,Oh,etc.(any other than Southeast or Gulf States),only (2) Option Pkgs are available for SR5/2WD (my model). You only get MSRP here, but go ahead and build what you want.
    Current problem is, neither Edmunds nor KBB has correct configurations,accessories, or invoice pricing on such. They do have base prices so this should help.
    And like I say; Never have I been so frustrated trying to buy a vehicle(even close to what I want).
    Still have not gotten to negotiating price, so you guys in Ky,In,Oh,Tn let me know about your best deals. shek3,hope this helps.
  • Options
    raybearraybear Member Posts: 1,795
    There is an advertising fee on Toyotas.
  • Options
    emsoneemsone Member Posts: 9
    Just bought SR5 now with 450miles in less than two weeks. Bought for less than 2% over invoice..just $700 over invoice, with $325 regional toyota ad fee..loaded for $36,844. Still added more options too. Rear Spoiler, cargo net, cargo cover and hood protector. Had looked for months in the Chicago Area and even had a willing to negotiate FLA dealer since we own property in FLA....The Sequoia is the Brides car and she loves it, our first Toyota product. We will keep our fingers crossed....
  • Options
    thanks for the help............i have contacted seveal dealers and will see what each one has to say.....I have looked at the Toyota site and they have 2 option packages for my area too. But there are some options that arent there either.ugh.....mike
  • Options
    Did the dealer put the spoiler on your SR5 for you or did you go to another shop??
  • Options
    emsoneemsone Member Posts: 9
    The dealer had the spoiler put on by a after market supplier to him, yet I have looked at the LTD's which come with them as standard....and to tell you the truth, it looks as good as OEM, so I am pleased. My dealer was easier to deal with than I anticipated. Now if I can switch to some suggestions to synthec oil and K+N filters and other items I saw to get the MPG up I will be happy. We had considered an other Montero, when buying, since the current one has 222K on rebuilt engine. The other problem with the Montero is the availablity of parts, now that our's is 13 model years old, it it getting harder to get OEM parts. We also have another driver coming on-line in less than 6 months.....so needless to say, Mom has to get another SUV.....Hope this helps....If more questions, I will be glad to try to answer..Later
  • Options
    here's a new one.....dealer said SR5 wasnt available with leather....he tries to get $2500 over invoice...........cars wont be in for 3-4 months.........but I do have a 2002 I could sell you.....He bad mouthed ever other local dealer......sounds like a guy I will stay away from.....mike
  • Options
    looks like Toyota just updated their website...there are three new option packages available....
  • Options
    tsw019tsw019 Member Posts: 13
    Hey shek3,looks like you got the average Toyota salesman (ref.#141)i.e. dumber than a rock.Been to 7 dealers in my area(2 states) and your guy fits 5 out of my 7.
    Also,Toyota website has changed 4 times in last 2 weeks; we may as well check again tomorrow. Sorry,I am not trying to be funny; this is really sad.We(posters) are probably much more educated on the Sequoia than 90% of their sales force, only because we are forced to be. And Toy website doesn't help either.
    By the way,I assume you're going for an '03/SR5 like myself? Sounds like you may have several dealers in your area. Are they close on price?
  • Options
    yes, I want a '03 SR5 with dvd,leather and 17" wheels..........If I can swing it I think I want every available option.........the PM package(leather) may get eliminated.....For some reason one dealer has prices and gave me one of $41,352 for a loaded SR5........add tax and DMV....other dealers have NO info or pricing.........some dont even know the option codes....I went to carsdirect.com and they had a '03 4x4 limited listed for a day and their price is $100 over invoice.......I filled out the form and they had a local dealer contact me.....that was the guy who I mentioned in post #141.....his price was $2500 over invoice but that was negotiable......so what happened to the $100 over cost?? the '03 Limited is also off the website....poof.......magic.......gone.......I told him I would pay $700 over invoice....I think he may go for that, but I dont feel confident about him. Mike
  • Options
    Shek3-- We placed an order for a SR5,DVD,17",PM package, $1,000 over invoice. Where did you hear that the PM package may be eliminated??
  • Options
    If you don't mind how much is the invoice price?
    Sep 2nd I ordered a 2003 SR5 with PM, AH, CQ,FE, DR, GY, RL,SR,AC,KE,LF,EJ,Z1,SD AND DK for 1000 plus invoice. But the dealer showed me the invoice price 39699.00 in his computer. I was in an assumption that toyota inreased the price( I was sure they will do becuase of sr5 with pm and Limitted price difference)
    I ordered from woodbridge VA Dealer and I was supposed to get the delivery yesterday.
    From cars.com and kbb price this should not be the invoice price. There is more than $1000 difference. Now I am fighting to get it reduced. I don't know whether I will succed in that
    Any comments on this is appreciated
  • Options
    One dealer told me that the PM package wasnt available on the SR5.......I dont think he knows what he is talking about since he is the ONLY one to have told me this. Another dealer showed me the allocation sheet with several SR5's that have the PM package! When I said eliminated, I meant I might eliminate it from my truck if I couldnt afford it. sorry for the confusion.....mike

ps I was also told that the kbb prices were off.....it looked like a difference of $1000
  • Options
    so what did you pay(before taxes and DMV)$40,699?????
  • Options
    That is correct 40699
  • Options
    I'm at work, don't have the papers in front of me, but I believe that the dealers invoice total was $39,500, + $1,000 = $40,500. SR5, PM, Alloy #2, Sunroof, DVD, 17", DRL, Side bags, keyless, rear load leveling, other stuff I don't remember. I have noticed since placing the order that the DVD requires an upgraded stereo, which we did not include in our order, so I'm expecting the price to go up a few hundred more. I peeked at the dealers folder when he was doing the manager shuffle, and he had a Dealer Cost column, an Invoice comumn, and a Retail column. The difference in Cost to Invoice did seem to be about $1,000.
  • Options
    i got a price of 41,352 loaded, with leather and DVD.........that doesnt sound too bad as a first price........they want $1000 over invoice........according to kbb(which doesnt include advertising)that price is $2000 over invoice..........