Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sequoia Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tttrujillotttrujillo Member Posts: 3
    PAID $650 OVER INVOICE FOR:

2003 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD (7924) in Natural White/Oak with the following factory options/accesories:

FE 50 State Emissions
    EJ JBL 3-in-1 Prem w/ 6 Disc
    GY Curtain & Side Airbags
    SR Moon Roof
    EY Rear Seat Entertainment System/DVD Player
    RF Rear Spoiler
    GP Gold Package
    G4 Carpet Floor/Cargo Mats/Door Sill Protector
    HP Hood Protector

Invoice(Northern California): $43,236
    MSRP : $48,472
    Paid: $43,886

Note: Had to fly to Northern California (dealer paid for ticket) to pick up vehicle. '03 Limited 4WDs are VERY rare in Southern California. Also picked up some accessories at toyotaparts4U.com. Good luck to all. I love mine.
  • kupuakupua Member Posts: 31
    Why is it that in No Cal the same vehicle is $775 more than in So Cal? I've come up with an invoice of $42461
    Invoice price as follows for So Cal
    $39,024 2003 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD (inc. $510 destination charge),(7924) in Natural White/Oak with the following factory options/accessories:
    inc. FE 50 State Emissions
    $150 EJ JBL 3-in-1 Prem w/ 6 Disc
    $430 GY Curtain & Side Airbags
    $800 SR Moon Roof
    $1416 EY Rear Seat Entertainment System/DVD Player
    $800 RF Rear Spoiler
    $215 GP Gold Package
    161 G4 Carpet Floor/Cargo Mats/Door Sill Protector
    $105 HP Hood Protector
    Yes,This year the Limited is very low in stock in So Cal.
    Here's My Ride:
    $36,288 2003 LTD Sequoia 2 wheel drive So Cal
    $150 JBL 3- IN- 1 PREMIUM COMBO W/ CD CHANGER - inc: AM/ FM stereo w/ cassette/ 6- disc CD changer, (10) speakers, power/ FM diversity antenna Code: EJ
    $430 HEAD/ BODY SIDE- IMPACT AIR BAGS Code: GY
    $160 REAR SPOILER Code: RF
    $800 PWR SLIDING SUNROOF *Deletes STD overhead console* Code: SR
    $140 PREFERRED ACCESSORY PKG - inc: cargo cover, first aid kit (PPO) Code: Z1
    $99 GLASS BREAKAGE SENSOR (PPO) Code: V2
    $99 FRONT SKID PLATE (PPO) Code: S0
    Invoice $38166 MSRP $43146
    Ad fee $300
    Tire disp. $6
    over inv $900
    My price $39372 + tax + Lic

PS The west coast ports have settled and NO STRIKE!
  • ekunstekunst Member Posts: 21
    you cali guys have it made when it comes to dealin close to invoice.
  • dagwoodydagwoody Member Posts: 1
    In southern nevada, my best deal for an 03' 2 WD LTD with the following: JBL 3 in 1, Driver/Pass Airbags, rear spoiler, running lights, moonroof and rear loads level is $500.00 over invoice. However, there is a $6 fuel charge (for a full tank - no argument)and $864 for TDA (Toyota District Advertising). MSRP - $43,010 - Invoice including two fees mentioned $39,018 - Price offered $39,518. Has anyone gotten the TDA eliminated or discounted? Please advise.

Plus sales tax, doc Fee of $399 and $20 Tag & Title fee. Appreciate any comments. Thank you!
  • jxyoungjxyoung Member Posts: 156
    Anyone know about any dealers in Southern LA. that are willing to deal? I have just started the process and the one dealer I talked to so far shook his head no and had nothing further to say!
    Musson-Patout Toyota New Iberia, no dealing here!

Anyone that knows of a dealer willing to deal in or around LA? I would be willing to drive up to 4 hours away!

Thanks
    The dealers willing to deal that I've dealt with are South Bay Toy, Carson Toy, Cerritos, Manhattan Beach, Marina, Wondries, & Hollywood. Basically just talk with the internet/fleet mangers. No basic sales guys. I've found the low end to be 500 all the way up to 1500. Good luck.
    I guess you thought I meant LA as in Los Angeles.
    I meant LA as is Louisiana! Anyone with knowledge of Louisiana dealers that will deal?

Got a quote today for $1500 over but I am going to keep working! This was autobytel dealer. Anyone with any haggle experience with these guys? I know they are local dealers but just checking to see if anyone has gotten them to deal off their first offers?
    The Toyota District Advertising fee on a new Toyota in Northern California is higher than in Southern California. If you check various websites that give you invoice pricing on Toyotas and require the input of a zipcode, you will see that if you input a zip code in Northern California, the invoice pricing is higher than in Southern California. The TDA fee varies across the country. I believe the TDA fee on a '03 Sequoia LTD 4WD is about $500 more in NorCal than in SoCal. I included the TDA fee in the 'invoice price' of the vehicle I purchased (see previous post). Good luck.
    Check carsdirect.com for a quote. They are basically a referal network but sometimes have good pricing. Good luck.
    Tried that site no local dealers in their network!
    I guess dealers here are behind the times or like doing things the old way?
    Thanks
    Reading through these too fast. Car's direct is not very competitive with their pricing. Just easy for the peps that don't want to deal and willing to pay more.
  • hoimanhoiman Member Posts: 3
    This is the price I paid for a 2WD SEQUOIA LIMITED - WHITE with Oak Interior and with the following options in Houston, TX on December 5, 2002. Email me if you want more info.

DESCRIPTIONS PURCHASED PRICE
    2wd Limited Base Price 34,572.00
    Base-Veh-Hold Back 804.00
    Finance Reserve 402.00

EJ - 6-Disc CD Changer 150.00
    GY - Airbags 430.00
    RL - Daytime Running Lights 32.00
    SR - Sunroof 800.00
    WD - Sunroof Wind Deflector 57.00
    DD - Rear Spoiler 225.00
    M6 - Floor Mat 159.00

Market Action Fund (M.A.F) 375.00
    Delivery 535.00
    Toyata Dealer Advertising Fees (T.D.A.) 250.00
    Port - Hold Back (PIO-HB 10%) 42.00
    PDS & State Inspection 46.00
    Gasoline 6.00

Total Invoice Price 38,885.00
    + Above Invoice 415.00

Purchase Price 39,300.00
    Texas State & County Tax (6.25%) 2,456.25
    Texas Vehicle Inventory Tax (0.2094%) 82.29
    License & Title Appl. State Inspec. 111.05
    Documentary Fee 50.00

Total Drive Out Price 41,999.59
  • 5cmoore5cmoore Member Posts: 1
    Like you, I live in a Gulf States Toyota region and was unable to find the SUV we wanted without undesired options. Gulf States Toyota distributes all of the Toyotas in our region and they often load them with undercoating, scotch guard, etc regardless of your desire for the package options. The packages add to the price and it is difficult to find the cars with the options desired. I did find a local dealer who would work with me to get the options we wanted without the Gulf States packages, but it required an order and wait of around 4 months.

My solution was to find a dealer out of region. I negotiated a favorable price on the Sequoia with the options we wanted from Chuck Hutton Toyota in Memphis, Tennessee. As an aside, the TDA in Tennessee was $560 but I didn't have additional Gulf States fees. You mentioned willing to drive 4+ hours to get a good deal. I am driving about 8 hours to purchase my Sequoia (400 miles). I almost purchased from Schaumburg Toyota in Chicago, but that was too far.

SR5 4x4
    Z1, CQ, PM, AG, SR, AC, KE, LF, HP, DR, N1, DJ, HY
    MSRP- $43,478
    INVOICE $38,511
    I PAID $39,500 including Memphis city sales tax of $120, documentation, floor and cargo mats, and wheel locks. I probably could have done a little better, but was satisfied with the negotiation process and final deal.
    Anyone have the rear audio controls? Is it like other vehicles where the rear passengers can listen to a different radio station via head phones?

Also anyone have the Wireless Phones? Had one dealer say they were $300 from the parts department? He said customers were not happy? He was talking me out of rear audio since Guld States does not order stock vehicles with this option. He said I could order but that may take a couple months.

Also hoiman what dealer did you deal with and salesman if you don't mind saying.

Thanks Guys
  • shek3shek3 Member Posts: 72
    the headphones are around $30.......drop the second zero.........you can only listen to one radio station at a time, but you can listen to two different sources(CD, DVD, radio, tape).....Mike
    I am noticing some people here adding Holdbacks to the price of the vehicle? My understanding of a dealer holdback is the manufacturer actually credits a dealer 2 or 3% off what the dealers initial cost of the vehicle was. When the dealer sells the vehicle he gets a refund so to speak on the price he was to originally pay.

If we add this in to the dealers invoice then we are doubling the dealer holdback? If I am confused someone set me straight. I know how GM and Ford work but I am not sure how Toyota's system?

Thanks
  • toyotakentoyotaken Member Posts: 897
    This is a cost that MAY be repaid to the dealer from Toyota. Toyota is the only manufacturer that actually lists it on the invoice, however, so it is easy to get confused about it. The dealer is not going to get this paid "twice" when it is in the invoice because of this. The whole argument about "what is holdback and finance reserve and gas and ad nausium" is sort of not the big issue, however. What is the Out-the-door-price you're paying. It's like the whole argument about not seeing the forest because of the trees. Do you want to get into an argument about what holdback is and walk out on a good price overall or would you rather just focus on the price that you're going to pay to get the vehicle in your driveway?

Maybe it's just me, but I think that these dealer fees that I've seen as high as $750 dollars over and above the negotiated price for the vehicle are a bigger issue. For example, the dealer I work at charges $20 for processing the DMV paperwork. This includes filling out all of the forms, and bringing them to the actual DMV location to process the paperwork and when needed get new plates. THAT is the only additional fee we charge and I think that's pretty resonable. Charging $200 or more as an arbitrary fee seems a bit more arguable than discussing "holdback".

Just my $.02.

Ken
  • maedsemaedse Member Posts: 1
    Sequoia SR5 4X2 White

Base 31,625
    Fact Opt 3,065
    Port Inst Price 6,053
    Deliv 535
    Total 41,278

Options
    ABR
    AC (DUAL)
    CC
    CQ
    DR
    EJ
    FE
    LF
    PG
    RL
    ST
    F1
    ED
    KY
    TS
    L1
    I2
    A2
    DD
    R2
    G1
    M6

Price they offered to sell at was 38,985. Does anyone know if this is a good price. I am in Killeen TX (Big Military Town) If this is not a good price what is fair (percent wise) counter offer. Thanks in advance.

Mark
  • xman1035xman1035 Member Posts: 52
    I found a 2002 Sequoia 4x4 SR5 with the following options: Vehicle is still new and it is the last 2002 Sequoia on the lot. The dealer will sell it to me for $35,500 and it has the following options.
    AC,AH,CC,CF,CQ,DJ,DR,FE,GY,CE,& SR. It has no fog lights.

Is this a good buy?
    I bought a loaded 2002 SR5 4x4 for $35,500 and came with fog lights too! Dealer said it was $1100 under invoice. It's a great vehicle and will be in the family for many years. I hope this helps you in your purchase of a Sequoia.
  • jimmy43jimmy43 Member Posts: 2
    Even though your car is new it's still a 2002 and viewed that way for insurance purposes, ask you agent. This means you have taken a 3-5K hit when you pull out of the dealers lot. If you plan on keeping the truck for more than 6 yrs your OK. NO WAY should you lease a leftover. This area of Edmunds is suppossed to be for listing purcahse prices witout sales tax and option. Why do most people do anything but that? If you look up a SR5 4X4 with the following option AG, CC C7, RL, AC, SR, DJ, KE, LF, DR, GY the truck is listed at

Invoice MSRP TMV®
    Regional Base Price $31,287 $35,155 $33,322
    Color Adjustment - - -$39
    Optional Equipment $5,876 $7,340 $6,646
    Destination Charge $510 $510 $510

Total $37,673 $43,005 $40,439
    READ THIS !!! I Just picked this truck up Monday for $37,600.00,,, This means I bought it $ 73 dollars less than cost? ofcourse i left out the sales tax
  • jimmy43jimmy43 Member Posts: 2
    EKUNST
    WOW!!!
    You got that 2003 Limted 4X4 for $39,164.
    What is the dealers name. My brother would have it shipped here for that price. Please e mail me
    I paid $35,500(before taxes and reg fees) for a new black 2002 Sequoia 4x4 SR5 with the following option codes. FE, DR, GY, SR, CC, AH, CQ, AC, DJ, KE, LF and G4. The vehicle had 20 miles on the odometer. You are right that my vehicle depreciated the minute I drove it off the lot but all vehicles are depreciating assets.I plan to keep this vehicle for a very long time. This vehicle replaced my wife's 1992 Honda Accord and we now have plenty of room for the kids. This vehicle is also a lot safer! My other car is a 1989 Nissan Maxima and it will probably get replaced next year either with a Toyota Tundra,Camry or the new 2004 Nissan Maxima.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    i'm looking to buy a 03 sequoia soon. i'm assuming 500 over invoice will get it done . HAS ANYBODY IN THIS FORUM BOUGHT FOR THIS PRICE 500 OVER INVOICE IN THE NEWYORK, NEW JERSEY, C.T. AREA.SOME PEOPLE DONT LIKE TO POST. YOU COULD EMAIL ME. thanks to all who respond.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

I really wanted a Sequoia! But GM sent me an extra $1500 rebate and I am able to get a 2003 Suburban ($42,089 sticker)for $33,066.98.

Just too good a deal to pass up! I know Toyota makes a better product, but! Best I could do on Limited was $39,500 which was good but not close to $33,000. Maybe next time!

Good Luck you guys in getting what you want!
  • lorainemax2lorainemax2 Member Posts: 35
    Hey guys. I own a 2001 SR5 White/Warm Silver with Leather, Rack, Running Boards and Wheels...otherwise all standard with 20,000 miles.

Just traded it today for an '03 SR5 Phantom Gray with:

JBL 6 Disc, Rack, Fog Lamps, DRL's, Moonroof, Deflector, Dual AC, Captains Chairs, Mat Set, Keyless, 7 to 4 converter, Allow Package #2 and Convenience Package for $35,500. They gave me $30,450 (NADA Trade Value) for my current Seq. I had the dealer add leather which we added to the bottom line.

With interest rates as low as they are I actually lowered my payments! Great time to buy!
  • gatorjcbgatorjcb Member Posts: 5
    I was quoted today on a SR5 4x2 with options: CQ, PM, AH, AC, KE, LF, DR, CF, DJ.

Invoice: $32,139
    Destination: $510
    TDA: $508
    Gas: $6
    Dealer Holdback: $632
    Finance Reserve: $316
    Total: $34,111
    Dealer Profit: $1,000
    Shipping&Handling: $348
    Tax/Tag: $2713

Total: $38,172

This appears to be an average deal, not a steal, but not a rip-off either. A couple of things concern me 1) Total dealer profit including holdback and reserve is $1948 which seems excessive just for prepping the car, and 2) TDA of $508, is this negotiable?

What are your thoughts?
    Don't know the market in your area but I can say that I paid $500 over invoice without alot of haggling. Could have gotten lower but they were decent on the trade and fair is fair....they have to make a living too.

You could probably do better...but if they have the vehicle you want and you are happy and MOST IMPORTANTLY this is a dealership you trust and feel good about......GO FOR IT.
  • alhongalhong Member Posts: 1
    Hello gatorjcb,

How did you find out about the holdback, dealer profit, etc.??

I thought that was sacred information that the dealers did not want to disclose.

Also, did you get this through a fleet manager or salesman?

Thanks,

Al
  • gatorjcbgatorjcb Member Posts: 5
    Alhong,

I found the Dealer Holdback on the Consumer Reports new price report for the Sequoia. I think I also remember seeing it on some other websites but can't remember now where.

I asked my dealer to give me the detail on my final out-the-door price on the Sequoia I wanted to order and they faxed me a similarly configured Seuoia's invoice (with the changes I wanted hand-written in). The dealer invoice included the specifics on Finance Reserve and Holdback.

The profit was what we negotiated over invoice.

I worked with the Internet Sales Manager at this particular dealer. FWIW--I worked with about 7 other dealers and this was the only dealer that handled it this way, no one else gave me the same level of detail. So far this has been a great experience, the only problem is now I have to WAIT several weeks for Toyota to build my Sequoia.
    A good dealer will share with you all of this information. Why should all of this be a secret? None of these guys are in business for charity...they sell cars to make money.

I have said it before...but if you go into one of these deals understanding that you want a fair price but that the dealer must also make a fair profit...you will never leave feeling you were jipped or that you just pulled one over on someone.

That is how I deal with my dealership and I consistently end up with better "deals" than most of my car buying friends. They may beat me out on some deal where they just beat a dealer to death but nine times out of ten I end up better off.
  • kcsenkcsen Member Posts: 5
    I'm planning to purchase a 'Natural White' 2003 4WD SR5 Sequoia with some extra packages and options added to it at a local dealership here in Oklahoma. However, the dealer does not have a match in his lot for all the options I want. He said that he could order it for me (put in a build order with Toyota) and would take 3 weeks to a month to get it. The packages and options I want are:
    AH, CC, AC, GY, CQ, IV & LF.

The TMV from Edmunds.com for the SUV and options (including Destination Charge) is $35663.

Questions:
    1) Can I get TMV price for build order?
    2) Should the dealer charge me extra for build order?
    3) I saw some postings (Edmunds.com) here saying that some people paid just a couple hundred dollars over invoice for their Sequoias. Is there a chance that I could get that kind of deal on build order?

You input is greatly appreciated! :)
  • husky92husky92 Member Posts: 56
    I'm finding that Kelly and Nada are fairly close to each other but the Edmunds TMV price is way low (at least in this case). Example:

2002 Seqoia Limited (EJ, GY, RF, RL, SR) with 7000 miles

Blue book is $42,840
    Nada is $41,050
    Edmunds TMV is just $34,801

While I would love to pay just $34k, I honestly don't know how I can defend that offer to the dealer. Does the Edmunds TMV price really work in negotiations?

With that said, I am trying to figure out what a 200*3* dealer demo (Limited w/ above options) with 7000 miles is worth. I was quoted $43,488 (MSRP is $45,698). There's no Nada or Kelly info on 2003s.
  • njboaternjboater Member Posts: 1
    Hi All!
       I've a deal pending and here it is:
    2003 4x4 Sequoia Limited, phantom grey color, for $500 over invoice (~$42,500 total). Also, they want to give me $15k on trade in for my *loaded* 2000 Avalon XLS, white pearl color, 59k miles, excellent condition. Extra question: Is the load leveler a necessary option if I want to occasionally tow a 5,000lb boat/trailer? Thanks in advance for any comments/input!
    Had my 2000 Avalon appraised on a trade for a 2003 Lexus ES300 and they offered me $15,000 as well. That is what KBB says on the net. Mine is a Silver Spruce XLS/all options/mint as well.

$15k is too low. Threre are several 2000 XL's on the lots around here for $16,800 so that tells me I should at least be able to get $16,000 for mine, expecially with $600 worth of new Michelin's on it.
  • shek3shek3 Member Posts: 72
    Dont forget about the tax break you get when trading in a vehicle. Sometimes that makes up whatever difference there is between what the dealer is offering and what you think the vehicle is worth. Its also very convenient to trade in one and drive away a new vehicle the same day. Mike
    i find that over the many years getting resale values on cars edmunds and bluebook did not hold much wait especially here in new york. i did find many car dealerships use galves prices on resale. galves seems always alot lower than bluebook/ edmunds. galves.com check there prices. you might have to pay to get on there site

could you email me, or post the dealership and contact name for the sequoia that was quoted 500 over invoice.. thanks

HERE ARE THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTIONS ON BUYING ANY VEHICLE. 1- round up 5/ 10 toyoya dealerships call, email each dealer speak to internet sales manger tell each dealer What you want whether he has suv on his lot, or he will find it does not mater, if the dealer has to order your suv it will not matter there is no extra charge. your main concern is price of the vehicle nothing else matters. there is no need to step foot into any dealership unless your picking up your car. let each dealerships internet manager know that for 500/400/300 over invoice plus any accessories added you want them for factory invoice price. tell him your ready to buy today.. THAT MEANS YOU GIVE A 500 refundable credit card deposit til your truck is order swapped or found...if said dealer agree's he is to fax you a buyers order with vin number, color , added accessories , etc.. this is the only way to buy. if you want to email me i will give you some phone tips when neg. the deal.. you will find this way fast, easy, and no stress involved. BUY DOING IT THIS WAY you weed out all the slimy tactic dealers use after the neg. price like doc fee's, dealer prep fee,s ad fee, etc,etc, good luck with your purchases

• rxdoc1rxdoc1 Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone have any recommendations or good experiences with a dealer relatively close to Tampa, FL? Orlando, Sarosota, Clearwater Ocala etc. are OK, if you can recommend based on experience etc.
    Thanks
    Bob
  • brandonslbrandonsl Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me the true price paid for a SR5 4x4 with sunroof, and list the options without sales tax or dest charge, Or even an out the door price. these posts don;t add up.
    what your asking is the wrong way to think when buying a vehicle.. 1st check out edmunds pricing... add the invoice price of what ever model your looking for, and invoice price of any extra accessories added to toyota.. that will give you what it cost the dealer.. now add the dest/charge for del, to the dealership that everybody pays.. add it up thats how much your car cost from the factory... here is the most important question you want,i want, and everybody wants to know... HOW MUCH OVER INVOICE CAN YOU GET THE CAR FOR...WHAT DEALER WILL SELL YOU THE VEHICLE FOR 300/400/500 OVER INVOICE... NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.. call, email, get intouch with every internet manager.. try 50 toyota dealers if you have to.. let each one know for 400/ 500 over invoice you buy today... its fast simple and no stress.. this way you cut tru all the slimy tactic's these dealers try.. never pay any prep charges or outragous paper work fee's.. i think 25/ 50 dollars is plenty... i hope this helped... good luck

• diya01diya01 Member Posts: 3
    Yesterday, I got my SR5 2WD Sequoia. This is the price I paid for a 2003 SEQUOIA SR5 2WD - Phantom Gray (01E3) with Oak Leather Interior (LB41) and with the following options on March 29, 2003. Email me if you want more info.

PURCHASED PRICE:
    SR5 2WD Base Price: 28,145.00

OPTIONS:
    AC (Dual Zone Automatic Air Conditioning) - 456.00
    AG (Alloy Wheel Package #2) - 1,468.00
    CC (Captain's Chairs) - 596.00
    CQ (Convenience Package) - 204.00
    DD (Real Spoiler) - 247.00
    DR (Roof Rack w/ Rails) - 176.00
    ED (All-in-One-DVD System) - 1,175.00
    EJ (JBL Premium 3-In-1 Combo w/ 6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer) - 536.00
    GY (Side and Head Airbags for Driver and Front Passenger) - 430.00
    KE (Remote Keyless Entry) - 196.00
    L2 (Leather Upgrade) - 1,538.00
    LF (Fog Lamps) - 88.00
    M6 (Floor Mat) - 159.00
    RL (Daytime Running Lights) - 32.00
    SR (Power Sunroof w/ Tilt) - 800.00
    SS (Side Signal Mirror Upgrade) - 328.00
    T2 (Two - Tone Paint) - 579.00
    W1 (Molded Dash Applique) - 295.00

Destination Charges: 510.00
    Freight Charges = 25.00
    Market Action Fund (M.A.F) 435.00
    Toyata Dealer Advertising Fees (T.D.A.) 345.00
    Base-Vehicle-Hold Back 632.00
    Port-Hold Back 446.00
    Finance Reserve 316.00
    Dealer Added - 0.00

Total Invoice Price: 40,157.00
    - Below Invoice 1,157.00 (I am not, what should I call for this discount, You can interpret it the way you like)

Purchase Price 39,000.00
    Texas State & County Tax (6.25%) 2,437.50
    Texas Vehicle Inventory Tax (0.2094%) 81.66
    License & Title Appl. State Inspec. 113.99
    Documentary Fee 50.00

Total Drive Out Price 41,683.15
    -------------
    Bottom line, We liked the price and We placed the order to customize at Port and got it within 10 days.

Thanks to Edmunds.com for collecting so much valuable info...
    What dealer?
  • boongboong Member Posts: 5
    I just got mine .. a 2003 ltd (10 miles on the clock)... Black with Oak interior.. and as far as I know it had all the options except for the DVD ent. system..

it came to 43K (incl. taxes)
  • themorg13themorg13 Member Posts: 5
    all I can add is. " The price seems to be about the same. The location may be the difference in the price you paid. I live in Ca. and can honestly say we pay way to much for almost everything out here. If the price doesn't get you, the tax will. But I'm happy with my new SR5.
  • husky92husky92 Member Posts: 56
    Just bought a Phantom Gray SR5 from Magic Toyota in Edmunds with:

FE - 50 state emissions
    DR - Roof Rack
    GY - side/curtain air bags
    RL - Running lights
    SR - Sunroof
    AH - Alloy Wheel package 1
    CQ - Convenience package
    PM - preferred package (leather seats)
    AC - Dual air conditioning
    KE - Keyless entry
    LF - Fog lamps
    CF - Carpeted floor mats
    N1 - auto-dimming mirrror
    HP - Hood protector
    V2 - Glass breakage sensor

Invoice was $38,489. We paid $500 over invoice and added after market heated seats for $595 for a total of $39,584.

It was very helpful to see on this message board that there were people getting $500 over invoice although I didn't think it was possible up here.
  • 93nole93nole Member Posts: 3
    Here's what the dealer told me today -

"The invoices that easily attainable on the internet are not correct for vehicles that are sold in the Texas, Oklahoma, Louisana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina or Florida"

I'm in FL, but I'm not buying this line. Anyone else run into this one?
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Hmmm...interesting. Did the dealer offer an explanation for that assumption? Have you been to competing dealers in your area? Are they saying the same?

In case you haven't come across it yet, here is a link to a couple of Edmunds articles you may find of interest.

What is the "Kelley Blue Book" Price?

10 Steps to Buying a New Car/Step 3: Pricing the car.