Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• textmemaybetextmemaybe Member Posts: 12
    Hello,

Can you please advise if the below figures are a good deal? I reside in Northern CA, Greater Sacramento area. 

Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/ Technology Pkg. 
    Cap Cost: 48,928
    Tax on Credit: 240.09
    License Fees: 448.75
    Bank Doc Fee: 695.00
    Other Fee: 80.00
    Rate: 0.00174
    Residual: 56%
    Drive Off: 6K incl Loyalty 
    Term: 36mo / 12K
    Mo. Pmt: $584.68

Thank you in advance!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,268

Hello,

Can you please advise if the below figures are a good deal? I reside in Northern CA, Greater Sacramento area. 

Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/ Technology Pkg. 
    Cap Cost: 48,928
    Tax on Credit: 240.09
    License Fees: 448.75
    Bank Doc Fee: 695.00
    Other Fee: 80.00
    Rate: 0.00174
    Residual: 56%
    Drive Off: 6K incl Loyalty 
    Term: 36mo / 12K
    Mo. Pmt: $584.68

Thank you in advance!

Base MF is .00134, so your dealer is marking that up the maximum allowed. 36/12 residual is 56%.

What is the MSRP? How does the $6K drive off break down - any cap cost reduction in that number?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Thanks for the quick response. 

MSRP: 49,405
    Cap Cost Reduction: 2,921.07
    Drive Off: 5K Cash, 1K Loyalty

• flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217

Why are you putting 5K down? Are you using MSD's? If not that is wasting 5K of your money..

We don't recommend making a cap cost reduction .... if the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money. $2900 works out to about $80-81/mo on the payment.

You should be able to negotiate a better selling price, however ... $500 off isn't all that much.

With the numbers you've provided, using the base MF and $0 cap cost reduction (but including the $1000 loyalty), I get a pre-tax payment of $664.11/mo

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

edited November 2014
    I'm fairly new to leasing still. So the most I should put down is $2,900? I was trying to lower my monthly payments but I guess that's how I got screwed last round. How does the Cap Cost Reduction work?

Thanks everyone!
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Edmonds has a section on leasing I would highly suggest you read it.

I'm fairly new to leasing still. So the most I should put down is $2,900? I was trying to lower my monthly payments but I guess that's how I got screwed last round. How does the Cap Cost Reduction work?

Thanks everyone!

Cap cost reduction is the same as a down payment - except that in a lease, if the car is stolen or totaled, you would lose the money.

Your total out of pocket doesn't change.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Now it's all making sense. Now the dealers are saying Audi sets the MF rates. One asked who's providing the info. If it's from websites, "they don't understand how things work."
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100

Now it's all making sense. Now the dealers are saying Audi sets the MF rates. One asked who's providing the info. If it's from websites, "they don't understand how things work."

The numbers we give are the Audi numbers...

AFS does set the money factor... but, Audi dealers are permitted to mark-up that number for extra profit. And, many of them do.. Some of them will lie about it, and call you an idiot for questioning them..

Calculating a lease is very simple... I can do it on a napkin with a pencil.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you so much for all the info. It really empowers us, the consumers. I got really screwed on my first lease. The same dealer is still playing games with me. 
    Can you explain how Base MF of 0.00134 differs from numbers I get from dealers? Does Base MF apply to all or certain trims where dealers pick and choose mark ups?

Thank you so much for all the info. It really empowers us, the consumers. I got really screwed on my first lease. The same dealer is still playing games with me. 

Can you explain how Base MF of 0.00134 differs from numbers I get from dealers? Does Base MF apply to all or certain trims where dealers pick and choose mark ups?

Might be time to start working with a different Audi dealer...

The "base" MF is the lowest MF set by Audi Financial Services. The base MF can vary by trim or engine choice for the Q5.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell‌
    Thanks greatly! One dealer is willing to beat them and take my lease w/ negative equity which the first one should've done. 
  • neuro33neuro33 Member Posts: 2
    I am being offered a 2015 q5 premium plus in Virginia with technology package. Here is the breakdown

36 m/12k
    msrp 47320 and negotiated 44320
    mf .00134 and residual is 56.6%
    i will pay taxes up front and no down payment

when I calculate payments it comes up to $582.  They keep telling me $634

i ask for any other fees that are not transparent and they told me that they are adding taxes in the depreciation calculation.  Why would they do that if I am already paying taxes.  

Am I missing something or are they?
  • sidvsidv Member Posts: 64
    Looking for what to expect as good numbers for a 2015 Q5 3.0T Premium Plus with technology package and B&O audio.  MSRP is at $51,555 I think it was.  

Would be for a 36 or 42 month lease at 10K/yr.  or better yet a balloon pseudo-lease since in IL-if going that route more money down isn't at risk is it as with a lease, correct?  Thank you.
    neuro33 said:

I am being offered a 2015 q5 premium plus in Virginia with technology package. Here is the breakdown

36 m/12k
    msrp 47320 and negotiated 44320
    mf .00134 and residual is 56.6%
    i will pay taxes up front and no down payment

when I calculate payments it comes up to $582.  They keep telling me $634

i ask for any other fees that are not transparent and they told me that they are adding taxes in the depreciation calculation.  Why would they do that if I am already paying taxes.  

Am I missing something or are they?

I'm getting $577.41 before tax (with 57% residual - I've never seen a residual with a decimal place).

Does VA calculate taxes up front or on the monthly payment? Where is the acquisition fee?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• aksnycaksnyc Member Posts: 13
    Is it possible to lease a version of the Q5 with the 2.0 engine and with the driver assistance package? Anybody has this package and can share their lease details pls?
  • sunhsunh Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for a new 2015 Audi Q5 3.0 (premium plus with the Tech and Sport Packages) in NJ. I have been offered the lease below. Can anyone tell me whether this is reasonable?

2015 Q5 3.0T Quattro

Tech package
    Sport interior package
    B&O sound system
    Wheel locks
    All-weather mats

$3300 total out of pocket

36 month lease
    12,000 miles per year

$628.19 per month (Audi Care included)
    MSRP is $52,410
    Selling price $49,060
    Money factor is 0.00139
    residual is 59%

sunh said:

I am looking for a new 2015 Audi Q5 3.0 (premium plus with the Tech and Sport Packages) in NJ. I have been offered the lease below. Can anyone tell me whether this is reasonable?

2015 Q5 3.0T Quattro

Tech package
    Sport interior package
    B&O sound system
    Wheel locks
    All-weather mats

$3300 total out of pocket

36 month lease
    12,000 miles per year

$628.19 per month (Audi Care included)
    MSRP is $52,410
    Selling price $49,060
    Money factor is 0.00139
    residual is 59%

Base MF is .00129, so your dealer is marking that up on you. 59% is correct residual for 36/12 with AudiCare.

I get $607.01/mo pre-tax with the base MF and your numbers provided.

What is the breakdown of the $3300 up front?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• wkpreecewkpreece Member Posts: 7
    Hello,
    I am looking at a lease on 2015 Q5 3.0T 36 month 15k per year with audi care. What are the current rate and residual? Thank you !
    wkpreece said:

Hello,
    I am looking at a lease on 2015 Q5 3.0T 36 month 15k per year with audi care. What are the current rate and residual? Thank you !

.00129 MF and 57% residual for Premium Plus model w/AudiCare

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• wkpreecewkpreece Member Posts: 7
    Thank you. Good to know how far off my dealer is.
  • schwimboschwimbo Member Posts: 1
    Looking for current MF and RV%. I am looking at a q5 2.0 premium. MSRP of 45605 and offered 40605. Thanks.
    schwimbo said:

Looking for current MF and RV%. I am looking at a q5 2.0 premium. MSRP of 45605 and offered 40605. Thanks.

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gatorsf76gatorsf76 Member Posts: 42
    Looking at a Q5 for my wife for the first time and still learning the Audi lingo (my apologies if I use the wrong phrase).

Can anyone provide me the money factor and residuals for a Q5 3.0T Premium Plus for 36 months and 15k/year lease?

Does Audi offer any incentives if you have a Lexus or BMW in the household (wife is rolling out of a Lexus)?

Thanks
    gatorsf76 said:

Looking at a Q5 for my wife for the first time and still learning the Audi lingo (my apologies if I use the wrong phrase).

Can anyone provide me the money factor and residuals for a Q5 3.0T Premium Plus for 36 months and 15k/year lease?

Does Audi offer any incentives if you have a Lexus or BMW in the household (wife is rolling out of a Lexus)?

Thanks

.00129 and 56%.

Use the "Car Research" tab at the top of the page to link to the latest incentives.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gatorsf76gatorsf76 Member Posts: 42
    Michaell said:

gatorsf76 said:

Thanks

.00129 and 56%.

Use the "Car Research" tab at the top of the page to link to the latest incentives.
    Thanks for the information. I looked at the incentives page and didn't see anything but yesterday the Audi dealer I met at a car show said that they have a program.
  • ericlbcericlbc Member Posts: 1
    About to pull the trigger on a 2015 Q5 3.0T with Technology pack here in CA. I see some recent MF and Residual #s, but any idea of the out of pockets and fees I will be seeing on the invoice?
  • rockthecasbahrockthecasbah Member Posts: 34
    Hi, I'm looking to lease a 2015 SQ5 premium plus in SoCal with the technology package, B&O sound system, Audi Care, 36 mos/15K. What would the MF and residual #'s be for that deal? Thanks very much in advance!

Hi, I'm looking to lease a 2015 SQ5 premium plus in SoCal with the technology package, B&O sound system, Audi Care, 36 mos/15K. What would the MF and residual #'s be for that deal? Thanks very much in advance!

.00126 MF and 57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rockthecasbahrockthecasbah Member Posts: 34
    @kyfdx Thanks very much!
  • chrism124chrism124 Member Posts: 134
    I am looking for the residual and money factor for a 2015 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus based on 36 months/10k per. Prior month was 57% / .00134 without AudiCare. Has it changed?

I know the residual will increase by 1% with AudiCare. Do you have the list and invoice (if applicable)?
    chrism124 said:

I am looking for the residual and money factor for a 2015 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus based on 36 months/10k per. Prior month was 57% / .00134 without AudiCare. Has it changed?

I know the residual will increase by 1% with AudiCare. Do you have the list and invoice (if applicable)?

Same numbers for December --- .00134 and 57% for 36/10. Add 1% for AudiCare.

Use the Make / Model / Year pull downs to link to pricing information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• burundukburunduk Member Posts: 12
    Hi, could you please tell me what the MF and residual are for 2015 Q5 TDI Premium Plus for 36 month 12K in Los Angeles.

Thank you.
    burunduk said:

Hi, could you please tell me what the MF and residual are for 2015 Q5 TDI Premium Plus for 36 month 12K in Los Angeles.

Thank you.

.00127 MF and 59% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• burundukburunduk Member Posts: 12
    Thank you very much.
  • rockvistarockvista Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am new to Audi cars as such...About to sign lease on Audi 2015 Q5 2.0 Premium with Navigation (and moonroof - standard) in SoCal, please provide the MF and Residual. conditions are 10K / year on 36 mo lease.

I will greatly appreciate, if someone can suggest good dealer in SoCal in LA area.

Appreciate for quick response in advance!

Thanks
    Kamal
    rockvista said:

Hi,

I am new to Audi cars as such...About to sign lease on Audi 2015 Q5 2.0 Premium with Navigation (and moonroof - standard) in SoCal, please provide the MF and Residual. conditions are 10K / year on 36 mo lease.

I will greatly appreciate, if someone can suggest good dealer in SoCal in LA area.

Thanks
    Kamal

.00134 and 60%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rockvistarockvista Member Posts: 2
    Michaell said:

rockvista said:

Hi,

Thanks
    Kamal

.00134 and 60%.
    Thanks so much! I am getting the same w/ out Audi care, and with Audi care it's 61, much relaxed now!
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    kyfdx is right. It's a very easy calc. If you're halfway good with Excel just make a little spreadsheet so you can play "what if" with varying numbers.
  • bingcherry1bingcherry1 Member Posts: 2
    Can I get MF and Residual for 2015 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus/Sport package with Audicare? Looking for a 36mon 12k miles.

Thanks
    Sharon :)

Can I get MF and Residual for 2015 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus/Sport package with Audicare? Looking for a 36mon 12k miles.

Thanks
    Sharon :)

.00134 MF and 57% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• etcoetco Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I am looking to lease a 2015 Q5 TDI, 36mo, 12K/yr. in Colorado. What are the MF and residual value? Many thanks.

Also, being new to this forum, is it possible to find out the source of your data? Is it user reported or does it come from the manufacturer's financial services arm?

Final question, I am noticing that there are substantial differences in promo lease offers between regions, comparing offers in Chicago and Colorado, for example. Do these differences account for different lease structures and requirements between states?

Thank you.
    etco said:

Hi,
    I am looking to lease a 2015 Q5 TDI, 36mo, 12K/yr. in Colorado. What are the MF and residual value? Many thanks.

Also, being new to this forum, is it possible to find out the source of your data? Is it user reported or does it come from the manufacturer's financial services arm?

Final question, I am noticing that there are substantial differences in promo lease offers between regions, comparing offers in Chicago and Colorado, for example. Do these differences account for different lease structures and requirements between states?

Thank you.

.00127 MF and 59% residual for Premium Plus.
    55% residual for Prestige.

Our sources are confidential.

Chicago promotions are often generous (for any make) to counteract the onerous lease taxes, in Illinois (and Chicago, in particular).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• lakers123lakers123 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, thanks in advance for this support. Can I get MF and Residual for 2015 Q5 3.0T Premium Plus/tech package with Audicare? Looking for a 36mon 10k miles. I'm in Portland Oregon

Also, for the residual %...is that the percent of the MSRP? Here is the deal I was emailed from the dealership:

Vehicle Price: $ 51,705.00
    Rebate: $ 1,000.00
    Discount: $ 1,706.00
    Your Price: $ 48,999.00

Residual: $ 30,505.95
    Down: $1,000.00
    36 months: $695.44/mo (10k/mi per year)

It seems to me that the rebate and discount would be considered as a down payment, but please correct me if I'm wrong. As you can see, they are asking for an additional $1000 for the down.

Should I be looking at anything in particular with this deal? I know MF is important, but I wonder if the discount is fair and if the additional down of $1k is a bad deal.
    lakers123 said:

Hi, thanks in advance for this support. Can I get MF and Residual for 2015 Q5 3.0T Premium Plus/tech package with Audicare? Looking for a 36mon 10k miles. I'm in Portland Oregon

Also, for the residual %...is that the percent of the MSRP? Here is the deal I was emailed from the dealership:

Vehicle Price: $ 51,705.00
    Rebate: $ 1,000.00
    Discount: $ 1,706.00
    Your Price: $ 48,999.00

Residual: $ 30,505.95
    Down: $1,000.00
    36 months: $695.44/mo (10k/mi per year)

It seems to me that the rebate and discount would be considered as a down payment, but please correct me if I'm wrong. As you can see, they are asking for an additional $1000 for the down.

Should I be looking at anything in particular with this deal? I know MF is important, but I wonder if the discount is fair and if the additional down of $1k is a bad deal.

.00129 MF and 60% for 36/10 w/AudiCare. (residual is always a percentage of MSRP)

I'd guess that the "Down: $1000" is your amount due at signing.... so, really, no downpayment at all, as that is 1st payment and registration.

If I add $695 for an acquisition fee and $860 for AudiCare to the $48,999, I get a payment of $648/mo. Does Oregon have a sales tax? If not, then you can see they have marked up a lot of numbers.... Plus, the $1706 discount isn't anything to write home about either.. Your discount should be 5-6%, at least.... ($3000 or so....)

Without any tax, your payment should be around $610-$620 or so..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• wildbill750wildbill750 Member Posts: 7
    Do you have the MF and residual for a 2015 Q7 Premium Plus, 39 month lease with 15k miles. I am in the Dallas area.

Do you have the MF and residual for a 2015 Q7 Premium Plus, 39 month lease with 15k miles. I am in the Dallas area.

Gas or diesel?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• wildbill750wildbill750 Member Posts: 7
    Gas.