Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Honda Accord Accessories

Comments

• ravynravyn Posts: 101
    with an aem cold air intake (using the k&n filter) you might see 6-8 hp...

my gas mileage hasn't really changed.
  • I put in the filter only. I don't notice anything.
  • I have a 2001 EX V6 and would like to hear a little more growl coming out of the exhaust. Other than removig the mufflers, any ideas?
  • Get a cold air intake...it'll cost you about 175-200
  • 1. Is there any aftermarket accessory for
    power locks on a 2001 VP (aka DX). We
    have realized the importance of power doors!

2. Has anyone have any experience with the
    accessory rubber floor mats ?
    Best deals on the internet for it ?

Thanks for your help!
  • qwallsqwalls Posts: 406
    Most alarm shops can add them for $50-$75/door.
  • Will such aftermarket mods affect the standard
    3yr/36K warranty ? I mean will it void any
    parts of the warranty in case of problems ?
  • ziggy21ziggy21 Posts: 13
    I have the 2001 EX-V6 200 hp. I want get more of a low growl sound from the engine. The folks at MIDAS muffler say that a "Raven" with the dual pipes on each muffler and polished stainless steel is the way to go (VP 1720 at around 800.00 bucks)Any suggestions? Also said would increase house power up to 40 hp.
  • You should get RSR. Good and not annoying. IMHO anyway. My brother has the headers and exhaust on his GS-R.
    yeah, but where can you find one anymore? they don't ship to the US...i've been looking. =(

but the apexi world sport is along the same lines as the rs*r, or so i've been told from people who have them.
  • Have scrolled up and down, and found much help information.

I want a full nose mask for my new 2002 accord. I checked http://www.handa-accessories.com/accord/accordhalfmask.pdf. The installation seems complicated. And the instructions are for 2000 model. If I order a mask in online shops and install it by myself, is it a tough job? ( I am not good at any auto work at all) Thanks.

it's not that hard.. a bit tedious, but not hard. works best with 2 people, but do-able with 1. and it is something that you need to put on yourself anyway, as you have to take it off to clean it, regularly. if it rains, take if off and let it and the car dry, then wash it before you put it back on.
  • inkieinkie Posts: 281
    I read your post and note you use "Finish First" wax. I have been trying to locate a place that sells it. Where did you buy it? Thanxs
  • Karen_SKaren_S Posts: 5,092
    Looks like you can order directly from the Finish First web site.

http://www.finishfirstpolish.com/finishfirst.html

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • inkieinkie Posts: 281
    Karen,
    Thank you for this information. I was given a can of this wax sometime ago snd liked the results. Was looking in local stores and could not find it,should have called manufacturer. Anyway, thanks again your a good host!
  • Karen_SKaren_S Posts: 5,092
    You're welcome! :-)

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • 1)Add a K and N air filter, about 50 bucks, it will show improved HP

2)DC sports front strut tower brace bar--best 200 bucks u will spend, better handling, braking, Neuspeed also make one

3)Suspension techniques front and rear sway bars. This makes the car handle like it should, it comes with urethane bushings too. 250 bucks

4)aftermarket bulbs for better lights

5) NGK V plugs or split fires--adds a few HP

6)better plug wires--- more HP also

7)better tires---those overpriced Mich MXV4 Plus gotta go. put 215/55 Pilots on, or even Conti CH 95 if cash is low. all are better than stock. I use a winter tire called Vredestein,if u live in a snow belt

forget that cosmetic crap, these additions make this car much better. mufflers just add noise, a bra will ruin the finish, and a fin is 500 bucks

for less than a grand(less the tires), the car is much better, especially if u want performance.
    the kumho ecsta 712 tires are great for spring/summer tires, and are even better for the price. tirerack has them for around $63/tire.

anyone here have the dunlop sp sport 5000's? from all of the reviews i've read, they seem to be an excellent all-season, and i'm going to be replacing my stock turanza's after this winter.
  • So I have to replace my tires soon. 2000 EX 4 cyl Sedan. should I get Pilots instead of the MXV4+? I read the reviews and it seems they are the best...?
    if you want to spend $100+ a tire... they are a good tire, though. just depends on your budget. =)
    those dunlops tend to go around $90/tire.
  • ckrllckrll Posts: 19
    I have the Dunlop SP5000 on a 2000 LX 4 cylinder. I like the tire very much. It's V rated and is stiffer than the OEM Michelins. It's quiet and smooth, and adds a level of precision and control to the handling which was not there in the Michelins. And, it is is a great tire on wet roads. The trade off is that while the ride is quiet, the Michelins were quieter, and while the ride is smooth, the Michelins were smoother. But the better handling and control, especially on wet surfaces make the SP5000 , for me, a much better tire.

John
    great...
    that's pretty much what i'd heard all around for those tires. can't wait to get 'em. =)
  • does the Pilot perform, handle and noise compared to the MXV4+ that i already have, or the dunlops?
  • jc77jc77 Posts: 14
    does anyone know how to clear out the orange strip on the headlights of a 2001 accord?
    a lot of people have used this chick's page:

http://windsrprk.home.mindspring.com/how-to.html#headlights

seems to help.

anyone have any experience with the brand of window tint film: california tint?

i got a decent price on a job from a place in the D.C. area that will pick up your car, do the job and bring it back, but that's the film they use and i hadn't heard of it. how is it in comparison to 3M, llumar etc?

thanks for the link ravyn. it sounds pretty complicated. does anyone know where i can get it done in LA or orange county? anyone know how much too?
  • martye320martye320 Posts: 45
    Don't clear them. It will leak and moisture will form. Gets nasty after several months. You can find cheap aftermarket parts around San Gabriel or Rowland Heights.

Tint: I go to California Tint on Rosemead Blvd. by In n Out burgers. Get the lifetime titanium tint. I've had 4 cars done there. None of the tint faded or bubbled.
    a honda dealership in falls church, va outsources their tinting to a california tint shop...

but is there a brand of film called california tint?

i'm prolly going to end up at that california tint shop though.. if a dealership is happy with it.. ;)

thanks.

-also, for the lights, you can buy aftermarket clear housings, and prolly get them put on at a reputable shop.
  • martye320martye320 Posts: 45
    The shop I'm referring to is in Rosemead, CA. Not VA =) My corners are clear and made in Japan. I don't like aftermarket, plus when I wanted them, only one company made them (Taiwanese) and it didn't look good, not fit the price range. So I flew to get them myself and had a nice vacation. Everyone on the plane wondered what the hell I was carrying! I had my dealer install them (my sales manager owed me a favor). No problem since. =)
    how much was your tint job at California tint?
This discussion has been closed.