-September 2024 Special Lease Deals-

2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    It should not be an issue. I live in Tennessee and our state sales tax is 7%. If I buy a car in Michigan, I can pay sales tax there and then Tennessee will charge me the difference. Whatever the government entity is in your state that deals with taxes, give them a call and they can tell you. I called here and found out the above information.
  • joonjoon Member Posts: 121
    I personally prefer the graphite pearl. So, I bought one...

There was somebody else from Phoenix in this forum recently (last week) that had to go to LA to get a good deal on an LX manual. See posts # 7876 and 7897. For some odd reason, in some areas dealers will give much smaller discounts than in other areas. I guess this odd reason is called supply and demand, or is it?

The invoice price (including destination) for the LX sedan 4 cyl AT is $19,034. It appears you are paying $19,132 ($18,834 plus $298 documentation fee, which is really a bogus charge, since the dealer keeps it all) before TTL, accessories, trade in, extended warranty and gap insurance. So, it appears you are paying a little over invoice. Depending on the area, dealers are willing to sell for over $1,000 and up to $1,600 below invoice on some Accord trims. If one is willing to travel to LA, dealers there are selling the same LX model for $17,834 plus $45 documentation fee.

The real question is, where exactly are you with this purchase? Have you signed the sale agreement, in which case it may be too late to back out of the deal anyway? Considering that they are not giving you an outstanding price in the car itself, and you are not getting any favors from them on the spoiler, extended warranty, gap insurance and possibly your trade in (I just don't know if $9,100 for an 02' Civic LX with 57k miles is a good price or not) my view is that you could do better than this. But then again, this may be all academic if you already signed in the dotted line.

Just my opinion. :)
  • christopherazchristopheraz Member Posts: 8
    I already signed. I wanted the graphic pearl but there were none available so then it came down to Silver vs Black. I went Silver because it's so hard to keep black clean in AZ.

I got the 3.9% interest deal through Honda so that makes the deal sweet for me. I was paying 12.9% interest on my Civic to build up my credit.
  • bobbo55bobbo55 Member Posts: 25
    If I would have bought a car in Illinois,I would have paid the sales tax at the car dealership for the the state which I live. Which is Indiana at 6%. You always pay sales tax for the state that you live in. Thanks, Robert
  • beamin2beamin2 Member Posts: 5
    Someone had asked for reporting of gas mileage... I got over 33mpg over the first 465 miles in my EX-L 5-speed. My commute is 70% highway, with little traffic. How about that for truth in advertising!

I didn't look at carsdirect before buying, and in retrospect it would probably have shaved $250 off the car price (I paid $21,500 incl. destination and document fees, not incl taxes/tags/etc.). But I got the car from a dealership I like.... (that actually brought in a 5-speed for me to test drive).

I have to report being very satisfied with the car. Shifting gears is a pleasure (just like my 97 Accord LX), the moonroof/leather/6 disc changer are great, the room in the car and trunk is awesome.

To the earlier discussion about spoilers: a car like this can last years and years - yeah, its nice to save a few bucks, but IMO ultimately convenience, looks and driving pleasure determine how good/bad a "taste in the mouth" you wind up having. I wouldn't spoil it for myself over a few hundred bucks.
  • ahzroeahzroe Member Posts: 13
    At what point in the month of June will the dealer's incentives be revealed?
  • lilduke99lilduke99 Member Posts: 23
    Well, not everyone can put down a large downpayment or pay for a car in 36 mos, thus they are upside for several years despite the "resale" value. Not to mention if the car was in an accident, the resale value goes down the tubes. It's simply a personal choice some people are forced to make.
  • doubleexdoubleex Member Posts: 8
    Thanks joon,

Yeah I should have done that (drove both). I guess I just figured that with all the additional horespower - it had to be better. I was really really fixated on an Accord (have had Hondas before). With its reputation it's nearly a no-brainer.

I would have been able to get the 4Cylinder EX Automatic for $21,500 or the 6Cylinder LX Automatic for $22,600. (I didn't like the V6 EX package - added leather seats and XM radio) So, I guess we were only talking $1,100 more.

I'm not in a huge hurray anyway. I originally intended to buy "used". I hate being the guy to lose the first year depreciation. However, the used low mileage Hondas are priced so high, you may as well go New.

I will definitly use this board to stay informed and educated.
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    What you have to realize is that in real life even with the V6 you won't be that much faster than the I4 to be able to pass that tractor trailer on a two lane road.
    Yes the V6 is faster, but only marginally so. If you want right-now passing power, get a BMW535d.
  • carbuyer25carbuyer25 Member Posts: 20
    Why is there so much difference in price by state? California and New Jersey seem to have average prices almost $2,000 less for this car than in Charlotte, North Carolina.

In CarsDirect.com the price that comes up for the Honda Accord LX 4 Automatic Transmission is $19,684 in Charlotte, whereas NJ and CA (Los Angeles) come up with $17,834, which seems to be what the other posters to this forum have paid.

Should I just be resigned to paying about $2,000 more if I go with a local dealer?
    Well, not everyone can put down a large downpayment or pay for a car in 36 mos, thus they are upside for several years despite the "resale" value.

Your comment is well taken. My main point, though, was that how much you pay for this insurance will be a function of the loan amount and the term of the loan, among other things. I was just trying to point out (probably did a poor job at that) that we cannot really compare the $500 gap insurance that the original poster paid, versus the $299 that the other poster paid without further details on the loan.
  • natenj1971natenj1971 Member Posts: 174
    Get the 2.4 with a speed. It's more fun to drive and it makes up for the loss of power you mention with the auto 2.4.
    I traded in a 2001 Accord EX V6 auto for a 2005 EX-L 5speed 2.4 and I am not missing the V6 at all.
  • mldj98mldj98 Member Posts: 378
    Have you ever thought about maybe buying a one way ticket to a cheaper area to purchase your Accord? Obviously you wouldn't want to fly to California but there are many more places close to NC where you can save some big $$.
    I have seen on many different posts here at edmunds where people that live in your neck of the woods would fly all the way down to south Florida (Miami) to purchase their car and bascially make a weekend road trip out of the experience.
    I guess the big questions would be...what are you willing to do to save $$$$.
    For me, it would be no questions...Road Trip! A one way ticket now days is only about $100 bucks (Southwest), even if you stay over night somewhere on the way back your still ahead...plus you get to see many different places on your way home!
    Good luck!
    I would have been able to get the 4Cylinder EX Automatic for $21,500 or the 6Cylinder LX Automatic for $22,600.

Where are you located? Are these prices out-the-door prices or before taxes and fees? I bought an EX-4cyl automatic for $21,800 OTD in Southern California. Could have saved an extra $600-$700 if I purchased in Northern California (Bay Area).

I'm not in a huge hurray anyway. I originally intended to buy "used". I hate being the guy to lose the first year depreciation. However, the used low mileage Hondas are priced so high, you may as well go New.

Due to the large discounts dealers are willing to give in some locations, I noticed that I could buy a brand-new Accord pretty close to or even a little cheaper than a one-year old used one at comparable trim levels. At least from what these used cars are listed for. I'm not sure how much dealers usually negotiate on used car prices.

I hear the 06' models will arrive sometime in August. You can bet that on those models you will not see the levels of discounting that you are currently seeing. So, the next couple of months will be a good time to consider buying the Accord if you are in the market. After that, who knows? :)
    Why is there so much difference in price by state? California and New Jersey seem to have average prices almost $2,000 less for this car than in Charlotte, North Carolina.

1) Supply and demand. Read, local competition.

2) I hear that the Honda factory-to-dealer incentive (FTD) is on a increasing scale and is a function of how many cars versus the target a dealer sells. So, they will only maximize these incentives (which last month was rumored to be up to $900 per car) if they meet or surpass the target. Some dealers may figure they would be maximizing profit by selling fewer Accords at a higher profit margin.

3) Holdbacks. For Hondas it is 3% of the Base MSRP or around $700-$800 depending on the Accord trim level.

Between FTD and holdbacks, dealers have about or up to $1,700 of "discount" to give and the more they give the less goes to the bottom line. That's the math they are doing and a lot of it is driven by local supply (how many dealers are in the area and what their competition is charging) and demand (how willing are local people to pay prices offered by these local dealers and what recourses do they have if they don't like these prices). Ultimately, if enough people make the decision to travel to a different location to save several hundred dollars (or $2,000 in your case), then local dealers will be forced to re-think their strategy and the meaning of "local" competition. Isn't the internet great?

Good luck.
  • lilduke99lilduke99 Member Posts: 23
    You also have a point. I went in knowing I would need it, whether the dealer and I agreed on a price or I went elsewhere for it and I actually paid cash for it. I did a 60mo finance at 2.9% (though I may hope to pay it off a year early bearing nothing bad happening in the next few years) and created an amortization schedule prior to going to the dealership. It had me upside down til midway through the third year and into the fourth year depending on what the total price was. It's just a chance I'm not willing to take. Besides, Whatever potion I do not use (basically when I am upside right) I can cash in the policy and get the rest of my money back.

Simply put, I can be cautious and careful, but the doesn't mean the next guy will be careful. I've had too many acquaintances who have gotten in a jam because someone hit them, broke into the car, stole the car etc... and at that time they were still upside down. Had I financed for 36 mos or less I may not have purchased the Gap Insurance.

It all depends on how people to leverage their finances! ;)
  • tinatinatinatina Member Posts: 388
    The prices do vary from region to region. Also, the May sales for the Accord were very disappointing. Sales for May 2005 were down 23.7% when compared to May 2004 and almost 8% year over year. The dealer incentives will likely increase in the remaining months. I will keep my 2004 and wait until the 2007s, if that's the complete redesign year.

I would anticipate no good deals on the 2006 models until November and December. Since its not going to be a complete redesign, they would not be able to demand a ransom, expecially since the Camry will have huge discounts.

Honda has to worry about their weak car division sales, which are hurting. Their Acura line, however, has not been impacted, nor has Honda Trucks (Pilots and Odyssey).
  • doubleexdoubleex Member Posts: 8
    Yeah I figured the 2006 models would have firmmed up prices. I hope to have one before August. The prices I mentioned where before taxes and tags. I'm pretty sure the "fees" were included. They also offered me the Accord LX AT for $19,634.

I guess I should have test driven a stick. I've had a bunch of standard transmission cars - volvo, honda civic, honda accord but they were usually strictly "My" commuters. Wife has a Ford Taurus wagon and intends to drive it for awhile but would definitly be sharing this Accord. Although she is very adept at driving standard shift - doesn't want to.

I need them to come back with some more incentives though. I'd feel like a fool if I go back and buy one right after they close out the incentive for May :D !

Thanks for all yoru info.
  • markinphxmarkinphx Member Posts: 37
    I hate to be rude...

But I think you got ripped off 6-ways till Sunday on that deal...

The car can be had in LA-area for $17,800 with Cali emissions.

The "doc fee" junk fee is pure dealer profit and they stuck it to you for $300, $45 in LA-area.

The spoiler thing has already been gone over, you got robbed on it.

Sorry to lay it down like that my friend. But is you could have made an LA-area trip you would have easily saved yourself at a bare minimum $1,000 on the deal.

I bought in LA-area over last weekend, I just couldnt cope with being ripped off in Phoenix.
  • xcelxcel Member Posts: 1,025
    Hi TinaTina:

With the rise in Accord sales in April, I thought the $600 + dealer incentive might stay steady or disappear. With Honda’s May sales data, all those considering an Accord purchase should wait this one out as there will be some great prices posted here in another month or two because of this poor sales announcement.

Try not to settle for some of the higher prices that some have posted to date. The LX’s w/ Auto’s for under $18K sure look nice :D There are more Accord’s on dealership lots and in the manufacturing pipeline then there are buyers so try and hold back on your haste and receive an even better deal from somewhere else if the one from your local Honda dealer is not that great …

2 months back I received my new - PZEV based - 05 EX-L w/ Auto and NAVI for $23,200. The best price to date for this car (not a PZEV) was from O’Hare Honda here in the Chicago area at $22,000 IIRC? It was a huge pricing mistake by that dealership but a great price for that one lucky owner ;) Shoot for the moon and you might have enough left over to purchase some excellent Accord accessories or take the family on a summer vacation!

Good Luck

Wayne R. Gerdes
    Hi, Wayne:

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is PZEV? My EX-4cyl AT came with it and I didn't know it until I saw the sticker in the window. I know it stands for partial-zero-emission-vehicle. What are the key differences between the PZEV and non-PZEV? Any trade-off in power?

Also, I noticed on some of your past postings that you achieved some ridiculously high mpg (in the 50's?). Like I said, I have an EX-4cyl AT and even without flooring the gas, but driving 70/30 mix of highway/local roads could only achieve 28 mpg on my first gas tank. How do you do it?

Thanks.
  • tinatinatinatina Member Posts: 388
    Yes, the prices should go down further in the next few months. I wonder if the sales incentives will be increased for June. When I visited a local Honda dealership, they had about 50 Accords in stock.

Part of me wishes that I waited until the 2005 model year to buy. I bought my 2004 Accord LX automatic last May, but I paid $17,700 before CA taxes and fees.

The PZEV stands for Partial Zero Emission Vehicle. Most Accords, but not all, come that way. Its mandatory in CA and some other states.
  • montognesemontognese Member Posts: 14
    I live in Madison, WI and got quotes from the local dealer and those in Milwaukee (90 miles away). The best I could get for an LX 5-speed was $17,090 at Russ Darrow in Milwaukee. Does this seem fair?

Also, Eternal Blue and Satin Silver were my first color choices. They were only able to locate a Grapite model through a dealer trade. Is it common to have such limited availability of the LX 5-speed?

Also, I'm probably going to pay $139 for mud guards. I found the OEM ones for like $59 direct from a Honda dealer. Has anyone installed them on their own? How did it go? Has anybody bought the Burlwood Interior trim kit? Do you like it?

2005 Accord LX 4 door 5 Speed selling price $17090
    Sevice Fee $129
    5% tax $860.95
    Transfer Plates $58.50
    Total $18138.45
    Down $4000
    Total to finance: $14138.45
  • piturrapiturra Member Posts: 30
    [QUOTE ... by joon]
    I know it stands for partial-zero-emission-vehicle. What are the key differences between the PZEV and non-PZEV? Any trade-off in power?
    [UnQUOTE]

Joon, ... the following is from "Cal/EPA - Air Resources Board 2005 ZERO EMISSION AND PZEV CREDIT VEHICLES" website ...

"The following vehicles are certified to the "Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle Standard (SULEV)" and are 90% cleaner than the average new 2005 offered for sale in California. In addition these vehicle also receive credit as "Partial Zero Emission Vehicles (PZEV)" or as "Advanced Technology Partial Zero Emission Vehicles (AT-PZEV)". Vehicles receiving the PZEV credit have near-zero evaporative emissions and their emission control equipment has a 15-year/150,000 mile warranty. Vehicles receiving the AT-PZEV credit also make use of "ZEV-enabling" clean technologies such as alternative fuel, electric drives, or other advanced technology systems."

--------

The little sticker titled "SMOG EMISSIONS INFORMATION that came with my 2005 Accord 4cyl AT EXL reads ...

The Smog Index of this (our Honda) vehicle is: 0.09

The Smog Index of the average new vehicle is: 0.80

Lower # = CLEANER
    Higher # = MORE POLLUTING

---------

As far as I can tell, I don't feel any trade off in power! :)

Phil
    - Pic's of my 2005 Honda Accord 4 cyl. AT EXL PZEV Sedan

- My Epinions.com 2005 Honda Accord Review
  • lorryfanlorryfan Member Posts: 76
    montognese -

The best I could get for an LX 5-speed was $17,090 at Russ Darrow in Milwaukee. Does this seem fair?

This is a great price.....most people posted $18200 (including destination and dealer fees).

Is your price inclusive of the destination fees? Am guessing the "service fee" is the same as the "doc fee"

Try and see if you can get the mud guards thrown-in for free.....Remember Accord sales were down for May, you should be able to deal easily and get some freebie accessories installed at no COST.

Good Luck
  • piturrapiturra Member Posts: 30
    [QUOTE ... by montognese]
    The best I could get for an LX 5-speed was $17,090 at Russ Darrow in Milwaukee. Does this seem fair?
    [UnQUOTE]

Dealer Invoice w/Destination = $18,315 (per Edmunds.com using zip code 53702)

So, your price $17,090 is pretty good considering it's $1,225 below Invoice! Personally, any time you can get a car for more than $1k below Dealer Invoice is good IMHO!!!

FYI: Here in CA, last May 6th, I bought my 2005 Honda Accord 4cyl AT PZEV EX-L Sedan for $1,800 below INV w/DEST! :)

Is it common to have such limited availability of the LX 5-speed?
    [UnQUOTE]

Actually, it is!

Also, I'm probably going to pay $139 for mud guards. I found the OEM ones for like $59 direct from a Honda dealer. Has anyone installed them on their own? How did it go?
    [UnQUOTE]

I didn't buy my accessories thru the Dealer since it's more cost effective via the Internet.

I added the following
    1) Splash Guards - Front & Rear** (Aftermarket item $39.95 + SH - www.handa-accessories.com)
    2) Sunshield Windshield Shade ($18.69 + SH - www.handa-accessories.com)
    3) Heavy Rubber Beige Floor Mats ($19.84 + tax - Wal-Mart)
    4) Convex Mirror for the Driver side mirror ($2.99 + tax - Kragen)
    5) Half Bra ($54.00 + SH - www.handa-accessories.com)

**Adding my Aftermarket item Front and Rear Splash Guards was relatively easy!!! They fit like the OEM that cost more!!! Installation is about an hour, if you take your time. Make sure you have a short/small handle phillips medium-head screwdriver, so you can attach the Rear Splash Guards easily. For the Fronts, just turn the tires either way to install your Front Splash Guards!!! (Click my pic's link below to see pic's of my Splash Guards) FYI: www.handa-accessories.com has PDF Installation Instructions on-line.

Has anybody bought the Burlwood Interior trim kit? Do you like it?
    [UnQUOTE]

Actually, they came with my IVORY Leather Interior (Desert Mist Metallic). Check out www.handa-accessories.com, they have Burlwood Interior trim kit PDF Installation Instructions on-line.

Have fun deciding,
    Phil
    Pic's of my 2005 Honda Accord 4 cyl. AT EXL PZEV Sedan

My Epinions.com 2005 Honda Accord Review
    Thanks, Phil.

Is there any practical benefit of owning a PZEV vehicle, other than obviously be helping the environment? Does PZEV car owners get any tax benefit (like electric or hybrid vehicle owners) or perhaps a longer exemption from having to do a smog test? It's great we're doing our part to help the environment, but it would be even greater if there is an economic benefit of owning a PZEV. The Accord is great either way...
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    " I hate to be rude"

Yeah...I'm sure that poster feels real good about himself after reading your post.
    Is Honda care the best extended warranty for a Honda Accord? If so, how much does it cost and can I get it through any Honda dealership? When I purchased my Accord a few days ago they sold me an extended service warranty for 4 years, 80,000 miles for an extra $1020 (I put about 19,000 mile a year on my cars). It wasn't with Honda Care. Can I change my mind or not and still get Honda Care? How much is it for the 7/100,000 mile warranty?
  • sh_maestrosh_maestro Member Posts: 20
    JFYI, I was offered a markup price of about $1500 for the 7/75K warranty, and about 1800$ for the 7/100K Honda Care warranty (I didn't take either)
  • markkymarkky Member Posts: 7
    I think it's great to have knowlgeable guys like you all out here helping novices like myself out. Good job guys. I've read all the posts but like a typical, "rookie" I'm still at a loss. I need help. on these few questions.

I live in CA, LA to be precise. I want to buy either the Honda 2.4 or the 3.0EX w/Leather/XM. They are qouted here as $21,417 and $24,158 respectively.

To make a long story short.....How much is a steal... that is out of the door? I kill myself if after all the good posts hereb I et ripped...... Pls let me know. I don't mind travelling to the Bay area if I can get a good deal. I used to lve next door to automall in Fremont..Thx
    Hi Monto

I just pulled the trigger on the exact same car.

Graphite Pearl Accord LX-mt. Car had gravel guard, trunk tray, and wheel lock installed.

I paid $17,300 + $45 "doc fee"

Your price is excelent in my opinion.

I love the stick shift with the 2.4l, really lets you control the motor and gives you more zip than if it had an auto trans.

The Graphite Pearl is in my opinion the best looking color combo.

I love mine to death.... Hit it with a fresh coat of wax the second day I owned, AND WOW, did it really wake up.

I also just today had a set of Konig alluminum wheels put on it with the factory tires.

Got em at Discount Tire: installed, lugged, locked, and taxed for $350 out the door.

Discount wont be carrying the Konig Theory wheel anylonger, so they were hip to get rid of em cheap, they look so damn nice.

Gonna get her tinted once I get plates and can get the temp-tags out of my rear window.

I like the Blue also, SIlver kinda turned me off, the solid black interior was not appealing to me.

I would jump on the Graphite if I were you, I think you will come to love it...
    Oh and yes, stick-shift are very few and far between.

It may be true that your metro area does not have all the colors available for you to choose from.
  • xcelxcel Member Posts: 1,025
    Hi Joon:

I believe there are enough links to the PZEV details to make you sick ;) In any case, the 05 Accord PZEV is the cleanest (SMOG related emissions) car that can be driven in the US, Canada, Europe, or anywhere else for that matter. Its only other competition in regards to smog emissions is the PZEV based HCH (Honda Civic Hybrid) which it is an equal. All other hybrid’s and non-hybrid PZEV’s are worse emitters if you can believe that. Oh, and a PZEV has no loss of HP or torque vs. it’s LEV-II based sibling according to the specs!

In regards to 50 + mpg for the I4, those are segment highs so far as I have yet to hit the magic 50 mpg for an entire tank. I just missed it over my last 2 at 49.47 mpg and 49.32 mpg after 906 and 945 miles respectively. Just follow the website from which the pics were linked and it will help you improve your own. About all I can add is that 40 + is easy in an I4 Accord in summer temps. 50 + is really pushing and only a few in the world with the optimal commuting routine, speeds, temperatures, patience, setup, and mucho game gauge training will come close. The following might help ;)

http://greenhybrid.com/compare/mileage/car/595-pzev-accord.html

I could not figure out how to make the dynamic sig over here so the above will have to do.

Good Luck

Wayne R. Gerdes
    Thanks everybody for the feedback and posts. Literally, based upon everyone telling me it was a good deal, I emailed the dealership and told them I'd take the vehicle if they threw in the mudguards. I got a call back and they will install them for free and sell them to me for $59 so I agreed. I will take your advice and get a wax job the first week to shine her up. I looked at the Honda Alloys because I'm weird about being all OEM and I'm just not sure about those alloys with the loops in them. They are a good price though.

You're right about the silver. It's actually my favorite car color. However the black interior is just too dreary for me, especially on the LX which does not have the interior trim accents so in a way I'm happy with the Graphite because I get the gray interior that I enjoy. I'm still torn on the burlwood though. Maybe I'll do this later if I feel I need it.

I'm so sad to see my 1998 Honda Accord DX go to a new home. Over the years I added 2 extra speakers (to the original two which I also upgraded), alloy wheels from a 2001 SE, an OEM spoiler, the AM/FM CD from the 2001 SE again and she looked pretty sharp. I bought her new when I graduated but I can assure you that I am now ready for things like power locks, windows and mirros, ABS, cruise control, a more adjustable seat and something a bit more modern.
    Yes, it includes destination. Those numbers I posted were right off the sales order they faxed to me to sign if I did accept.
    Silver looks stunning when it is waxed and washed. Your Graphite color is nice but it will be hard to keep clean looking in the dusty Arizona climate. I had a black Honda and it was soooo hard to keep clean. Dark colors show so much. As far as the black interior in the Silver Accord goes I like it. It will be very easy to keep clean and it looks rich. That is why I did not buy the black Accord. It has a light beige colored interior and the dirt would really show up on that.

Mark, sure you saved some money getting that Accord but if you think about it you spent money to go and get it over in California (gas, miles on the car, hotel, airfare, etc. And another thing bad about that is that the dealer is out of state. I think if you buy from a local dealer they will always give you the best service. I would rather pay the extra $1000 and help the local economy and have the dealer and salesperson close by. Just my opinion.
  • cmr530icmr530i Member Posts: 278
    I live in LA as well and purchased a 2005 EXL V6 for $23873 plus $45 doc fee before taxes. It came with free XM for 3 months. I used the carsdirect.com quote as my starting point with Crevier Personal Shopper in Orange County. They got the car from Gardena Honda which was the only dealer out of 5 that they contacted that would match the quote. They had the car delivered to my house in one week. It was such a pleasant experience and with no trips to the dealer! I even sent Gardena my down payment check AFTER delivery through DHL paid for by Gardena. All the way around a great buying experience.
    Best of luck in your shopping venture.
  • stanfordgalstanfordgal Member Posts: 2
    Looking to purchase a LX sedan 4cyl AT in the next 2 weeks. Any experience with the following dealers in the Bay Area?:
    Autowest Honda Fremont
    Anderson Honda (Palo Alto)
    Menlo Honda (Redwood City)
    Stevens Creek Honda (San Jose)

I am inclined to go with Stevens Creek as I had a good quote over the phone (through their internet salesman) of $17,369 (including destination).
    Also, do you recommend the extended warrantee?
    THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE ADVICE!!
  • tomtimetomtime Member Posts: 1
    :shades: Thanks everyone to all previous posts... visited your forum BEFORE purchasing my New Honda Accord LX Auto.. I used a "honda accord" search engine figuring someone out there must have info about a good price to pay for a new accord. I am so happy with my new car. I saved ton o money and time. I chose Accord LX Automatic Eternal blue Pearl because I was burned out on the silver and gold cars in my past The interior grey is the best choice for me, not too dark not too light. I bought NEW for below trade in value. In 1998 I bought a new Camry for about the same price. Here is my deal below. I know some of you will say I could have saved $.25 cents here or there but overall I wanted the sales tax I paid to stay in my community for our police and firemen.. Bought at a dealership. They honored carsdirect.com no questions asked. Tell everyone you know about that site. Sure next month it will be lower. But I needed my new car before Memorial Day. I love my new car. :shades:

Car $17,869 Accord LX Auto
    Doc $45
    Tax 8%
    Reg (CA) $181. (Sonoma Co.)
    No extra destination stuff.

I took a short nap during the finance manager's presentation and didn't buy anything extra which is very tempting if you haven't done your homework.
    Sounds good, you will absolutely adore the Graphite...

Just dont get it machine waxed. Only wax by hand. Odds are if you have it machined waxed they will burn your clear coat real bad while they remove the wax.

I will get some pics up of my Graphite Pearl LX with Konig Alloys tomorrow.

Oh by the way, I wax mine with Meguiars NXT paste.
    Chris

I really wanted to keep my business local, I would have done it if they got close on OTD price.

I just never got a good vide from the local dealers.

Bottom line was that I had a free ride out to LA.

The only cost I incured was the burning of my free tank of gas on the ride home...

I also paid cash for my car so it was much easier, I guess, to arrange as no trade in vehicle was involved.

At the end of the day, after all overhead on the trip, I pocketed about $900 by buying in the LA market. The 350 miles that I put on it during the ride are not going to cost me any sleep at night either.

I have had a silver daily driver for the past 8 years, it was time for a change for me, plus the Graphite is so deap and rich, I just drewl over it.
    Niiiiiiiiice...

I love it...

Having the deal already pre-arranged gave me the power at the dealer. I walked in with the cashiers check from the bank and laid it on the table. Everyone snapped to attention and including the test drive I was out in about an hour or so.

It was funny, when I met with the Finance Manager with the check on the table, the Manager was almost ashamed to have to go over the add on packages with me. She apologized and told me it was a technicality, her speech and my signature declining all add ons took approx 30 seconds.

I loved it...
    Wayne,

That's very impressive! You must drive quite a bit (9,000+ miles in less than 2 months). I noticed you put 50#s on your tires. Isn't this a little dangerous? Is the ride comfortable? Also, do you use regular or premium gas? How often do you change oil?

If I can get anything north of 40 mpg I would be thrilled. Thanks for the info.
    Cmr530i:

So how much did you pay out of the door? That is taxes, plus all fees? By your estimation, was it a good deal?
    Hey:

I can tell you are one happy,,,,,,,, I'm glad you like the car. I loved the pics so much I want your car so bad...:) Hey do you think Anderson Honda can give me the same deal? Pls let me know...
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 247,576
    joon.. Before you get too excited about the potential gas mileage of your Accord, please know this..

Asking Wayne about how to achieve high gas mileage is like asking Picasso how to paint.. He can teach you some skills, but you still ain't going to paint like Picasso...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• psdxpsdx Member Posts: 6
    5/31/05 - paid invoice plus tax at Honda East, Columbus, Ohio - $21,214
  • jluedejluede Member Posts: 33
    psdx,

Is that your OTD price? What was your price plus destination?

I got my EX with Auto last friday for $19,915 + TTL. OTD = $21,400.

Seems like most people on here go with the LX or the EX-L. There aren't a whole lot of EX without Leather.
  • jluedejluede Member Posts: 33
    I'm not sure I'm the best person to try and answer that but my understanding is that the Honda Care warranty only covers problems due to defects not wear. There are others available that will cover both defects and wear. The dealership I bought my '03 civic and 05 Accord from don't reccommend the Honda Care Warranty. I didn't buy an ext. warranty for the accord but the civic was certified used and gets driven about 80+ miles/day during the week so I did buy the 7yr/100K warranty they offered. I think it cost less than $700.