Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    joonjoon Member Posts: 121
    It looks like a pretty competitive price. If you paid $19,800 OTD, you must have paid about $105 for documentation fee, which is a little higher than the $45 that LA dealers would typically charge for this. Still an excellent price. You got better than a fair deal.

Congrats on your new ride.
  • Options
    psypsy Member Posts: 122
    joon

No TTL is not included in that number. In Oklahoma TTL is paid for at the tag office. You pay no tax at the time of purchase. Some folks roll it into the loan. TTL will come in at $850.00 to $900.00. The paper tag is good for 30 days. But you have up to 60 days before you start getting penalties. Our local tag agent owner lives behind us. He drove by not 10 mins. after we got the car home. He had a big smile on his face. He will be oooo so glad to take our money.
  • Options
    bigbucks1959bigbucks1959 Member Posts: 27
    I have a fair score on Experian and Toyota has approved me already for a 05 Camry. But I want a 05 Accord EX...my TU and EQ are not as good for some strange reason....maybe it was that divorce 4 years ago..:>)))

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Phil K.
  • Options
    col_10022col_10022 Member Posts: 18
    This is for the Washington DC area I got 3 quotes for around 25,500 not including destination or TTL. These are internet quotes and noone seemed particularly eager to negotiate any more on the price.
  • Options
    05accordexowne05accordexowne Member Posts: 9
    When I bought my 05 Accord last month the dealer pulled Experian. He said that AHFC will not have to do a pull as it was approved on the spot as my FICO is pretty high (thankfully).Before the dealer does a pull, ask who they pull from.
  • Options
    prince2100prince2100 Member Posts: 23
    Hi,

This is off the topic, but wanted to know if someone here could help me. I just bought a new 2005 LX Accord and the steering wheel doesn't seem perfectly centered like I'm used to in other cars. It doesn't seem to affect the alignment of the car (I think). it seems the steering wheel is slightly to the right and not dead center. Is this normal or should I get it adjusted from the dealer or will they just ignore it? if i bring it in, will they screw with something else. I dont want any new headaches.

thanks in advance.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,749
    It is a simple adjustment... They will do it, if you ask..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    marko00marko00 Member Posts: 4
    I am looking to purchase an EX 4 cyl. w/leather & XM or EX V6 w/leather & XM. Has anyone bought either in the Central Florida area recently? If so what dealer and how did you get to that price?
    I have also seen couple Accords with "blue" headlights, are those regular, xenon or aftermarket lights. I haven't seen the xenon as a option so I am a bit confused.
    Thanks
  • Options
    05accordexowne05accordexowne Member Posts: 9
    I had theexact same problem with mine when I took delivery, my steering wheel was slighly off-center to the right. I bought it back to the dealer and within 15 minutes they had it properly centered and I was on my way.
  • Options
    antny49bceantny49bce Member Posts: 6
    Hey Sahib, I wish I could give you the contact info for the specific guy that works over at carsdirect.com, but honestly, if you're about to but a new car, I reccomend you go with them. I just took delivery of my new 05 Black Accord EX coupe 4cyl MT. I paid 60 under 21000 ALL IN WITH TAXES AND ALL, the price was 19,385 (which you cannot beat in this area anyway (CT) and is WELL below the dealer invoice. Even counting holdback, I have no idea how the hell they made the sell, but that did and it was a brand new car. That being said, good luck with your car buying process but IMO, you can not go wrong with carsdirect.com guarenteed prices on Honda accords.

- Anthony R.
  • Options
    antny49bceantny49bce Member Posts: 6
    Phil, do yourself a favor and pull your most recent credit report, review it, make sure everything is ok, if not, fix it. Once that is done, start tackeling the legitimate reasons why your score is doen and start hitting those that are most easily cprrectible, such as the amount of balancy you owe on CCs. Also, consoliodate your debts onto one credit card and make the largest payments you can as often as you can. Really you should not be in the market to buy anything of the size of a new car, without having first paid off all yoru CC debt which is what I did. Do thsoe simple tasks and when all that is taken care of, you should have great scores. (depending on the problems, you should have this addressed with 6-18 months. GOOD LUCK!

- Anthony R.
    22 CT
  • Options
    markkymarkky Member Posts: 7
    Does anybody know the FTD incentive for (Accord sedans) this month, that is, if there is any?
  • Options
    Also, by law anyone can now get a free copy of their credit report from each of the three major credit reporting agencies (Experian, Equifax and TransUnion) once every 12 months. All you have to do is to go to a centralized website (link title) and the site will walk you through.

This program was rolled in by geographic area starting late last year and with the exception of the Eastern U.S. all regions are now eligible. Residents of Eastern U.S. states will be able to request their free reports starting 9/1/05. This is a great way to manage your credit information for mistakes, etc.
  • Options
    The link didn't work too well. The website is:

www.annualcreditreport.com

Good luck.
  • Options
    prince2100prince2100 Member Posts: 23
    I had the service manager drive it today. he said it is slightly off-center but not a safety concern and says i need to drop the car off in a week and it will take a few hours to fix. seems like a hassle. he said after they correct the steering they will have to drive it also to make sure. i guess u got lucky by getting it fixed in 15 minutes.
  • Options
    temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    I purchased an '05 Accord Coupe in May with 5 spd MT. It has plenty of power. You can be setting on 80 very fast. I purchased the EX-L which comes standard with XM. The sound system is great. I paid 21,800 for mine in Tennessee but people are getting better deals in other places like NJ and California, which are not options for me.
  • Options
    I just went to the equifax website and called their 800 number. For Tennesse, they are saying 9.95
  • Options
    cmr530icmr530i Member Posts: 278
    I did just what you did a number of years back. It works great if you have time.
    If one is short on time here's another way to go:
    A credit score will be higher if the difference between the amount owed on a card and the credit limit on the card is sizable. No lender wants to see a card near max. Lenders also don't want to see recently closed accounts. Recently opened accounts don't look too good either as there is no payment history. The best bet in this situation (since it seems as though this person wants in on a new car soon) would be to pay down on whatever cards are now open to create that cushion between the amount owed and the limit. This will show that the lendee has available credit that does not get abused. Timely payments are key as well.
  • Options
    csl1csl1 Member Posts: 9
    Went to buy a honda this week in Chicago (FJ) and dealer said 'we'll match any price' but they came in at 300 over and then wanted to charge extra to get the car from another dealer...which they originally said would not be at an extra cost....who can you trust or is there such a thing as trust anymore?
  • Options
    From www.AnnualCreditReport.com:

What is the Purpose of This Site?
    This central site allows you to request a free credit file disclosure, commonly called a credit report, once every 12 months from each of the nationwide consumer credit reporting companies: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. You can also request your report by phone or mail. Monitoring and periodically reviewing your credit report is an effective tool in fighting identity theft.

When are Free Annual Credit Reports available in my State?
    Eligibility for an annual free credit report is determined by your state of residence based on the rollout schedule set by federal law. Look below to see when a free credit report becomes available in your state through this website.
    Western States - 12/1/04
    Midwestern States - 3/1/05
    Southern States - 6/1/05
    Eastern States and U.S. Territories - 9/1/05

If you want to purchase your credit report, the $9.95 is what equifax would charge you. However, recently there was a law that was passed that mandates credit reporting agencies to provide their information for free upon request once a year. The purpose is so that you can check the information they have on you and request changes, if there are innacuracies. It only works through the website I mentioned. TN (Southern State) should be available currently.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    csl1,

You should report the name of the dealer in this forum, so others don't go through the same bad experience. That is allowed, although you may not mention the salesperson's name. Also, next time a dealer mentions that they will beat any prices in the area, ask them to put that in writing.

Better luck next time.
  • Options
    Paided $21.214.00 OTD. Mark Roberts in Bartlesville Ok.
  • Options
    AHFC pulled our report from Equifax. I scored a 776, wife a 756. But if I go to one of our credit card site they show a FICO of 710 on me. So lord only knows what it really is. AHFC did give us top tier intrest.
  • Options
    csl1csl1 Member Posts: 9
    You should report the name of the dealer in this forum, so others don't go through the same bad experience. That is allowed, although you may not mention the salesperson's name. Also, next time a dealer mentions that they will beat any prices in the area, ask them to put that in writing.

Better luck next time

Thank you. The name of the dealer was Fletcher Jones.
  • Options
    Well, I got lcuky they had my old records from before my divorce I had 3 prior leases with them.
    They gave me 3.9 for 4 years right away

Picking it up today
    05 accord ex 4 dr 5 speed....

PK
  • Options
    Thx for the info. I actually have only $200 in CC debt.
    I pay cash for most things anymore or payoof the CC right away...I have a friend who has 30K on his CC...what was he thinking?

AHFC got me 3.9 @ 48 months.

waiting on my car now for pickup.

Thx to all.
    Phil K.
    Phil, do yourself a favor and pull your most recent credit report, review it, make sure everything is ok, if not, fix it. Once that is done, start tackeling the legitimate reasons why your score is doen and start hitting those that are most easily cprrectible, such as the amount of balancy you owe on CCs. Also, consoliodate your debts onto one credit card and make the largest payments you can as often as you can. Really you should not be in the market to buy anything of the size of a new car, without having first paid off all yoru CC debt which is what I did. Do thsoe simple tasks and when all that is taken care of, you should have great scores. (depending on the problems, you should have this addressed with 6-18 months. GOOD LUCK!

- Anthony R.
    22 CT
  • Options
    bristolbristol Member Posts: 5
    I'd like anyone's opinion on the maximum number of miles that they would find acceptable on a "new" car. I've always bought cars with just a few miles; have I been lucky? I'm looking at a couple of new Accords now with 153 and 162 miles on the odometer. Any help would be appreciated!
  • Options
    bristol

Our new accord had 72 miles on it. It was a driven transfer from a tulsa dealer to
    the bartlesville dealer. About 55 miles from dealer to dealer plus a test drive or two. It all added up so we took it. Those could very well be driven transfer miles also. Just ask,, where they transfer miles, test drive miles or has it been a parade car or something like that. Push for a demo price if it concerns you.
  • Options
    You are right; I had heard that too. The 800 number was going to charge 9.95, but I was able to access it online for free. Very interesting; spent a lot of time going over it and saving it. It is like "This is your life." Thanks.
  • Options
    This mileage when driven out is a problem to some people on here but not to me. I bought my Honda with 37 miles on it. In fact, it was being test driven when I went to buy it. They wanted to try a stick shift. I purchased a CTS for my wife in December and it had 237 miles on it. It had probably been brought in from somewhere else. This is just not a problem to me. I would rather drive out with 3 miles on the speedometer, but I would not refuse to buy a car over that.
  • Options
    0x42454e0x42454e Member Posts: 14
    Joon, I'd just like to say, I'm following your directions almost to a 't', and I'm currently getting quoted $1400 less than the dealers gave me in person in AZ. I'm about $500-$1000 under the emails quotes in AZ. So I'm very appreciative to your advice. The carsdirect price is really helping me gauge who is trying to rip me off, off the bat.

My experience this far is to avoid giving out phone numbers. I find there is a lot less pressure, and much better prices when you manage to get them to send it via email. I actually had my phone disconnected because I am moving, and since that happened, I'm just getting better and better prices. I do worry that they're just giving me prices to get me in there though, we'll see.

I checked with riverside because I imagined you did your research, and it seemed like a good choice as such. They came in $600 lower than my lowest quote without any haggling at all. If you read this, Joon, how was your experience with their financing department? It looks like if they honor the quote, I will be buying from them as well, but I'm hoping to avoid a mess with their closers.

EDIT: by financing department, I meant the guys you deal with to pay for the car, not necessarily if you're financing the car.

Ben
  • Options
    mldj98mldj98 Member Posts: 378
    markky,

Earlier today I had a very interesting conversation with one of those reps that work at one of those car buying services that are on the internet.
    We were talking about the price of the accords and he started to talk about holdback fees and other incentives. I am not sure if he was suppose to tell me but I kind of got him to tell me the info because I told him I already knew about them.
    Anyway, he told me that the incentives going on at the moment on the accords range from $450-$750 dollars depending on the number of unit sold in the month of June. If the dealership makes 110% of its goal for the month then they get the $750 per unit. And as the number of units sold goes down by percentages so does the incentives until they reach $450. So basically you can take 3% of MSRP for the holdback fee and add another $450-$750 for the incentive and come up with a good offer below invoice that you can get your new accord for. Now I assume that if a dealership gets close to the end of the month and is close to their goal for the number of units sold then the prices on the accord could drop even farther.
    One thing I notice though in dealing with some dealerships is they do not like someone who seems to know all of the ins and outs of the car business and so they do not want to do business with you. So just keep this knowledge in your pocket at first and try and get that good price first and if you can't then that is when you start to pull out all of this knowledge. I would first start with the holdback fee info and see if that helps your price go lower, if not, then pull out the incentive info and see what happens. But be ready for that salesman to deny everything you are saying, I'm sure he will tell you that you are crazy...at that point...start to walk...you'll be amazed how fast they will run after you..
    good luck!!!
  • Options
    Ben,

The beauty of dealing with their internet sales department at Riverside Honda is that I dealt with one person and his assistant. Period. No sales manager involved, no closer/finance guy involved playing the good guy/bad guy act. He gave me an out-the-door price the first time I contacted them and stayed the course. No changes, no surprises, no pressure. Actually, when I tried to negotiate a better price than his original e-mail quote before finalizing my decision, the only "sweetener" I was able to get was a free cargo tray ($110 retail at the dealer, $78 through Handa Accessories).

Riverside Honda is part of an automotive group (Riverside Metro Auto Group) that sells five different brands. Their internet department sells all these brands, in addition to the Hondas. Which means that the internet sales person will not be as knowledgeable on Honda products as a Honda floor salesman. I did notice that during my car "walk-through" when I went to pick it up. But I was ok with that since I had already test driven the Accord at a different dealer and knew exactly what I wanted. In fact, the internet department is located at the next dealer (Volkswagen dealer). I joked to myself (but probably true) that the reason they were physically located outside of the Honda dealership is because the regular Honda salesmen didn't like these guys too much for taking sales away from them.

I don't know if you plan to put a deposit on your car to make sure they will hold it for you. If you do, ask them to send you a price sheet including VIN #. In my case, I did not have to do that. I checked their existing inventory on their website and they had four EX-4cyl AT in stock in the color I wanted (graphite pearl). I was already pre-approved for a bank loan but they offered me a better rate (3.9% for 60 months) through Honda Finance. I told them before my appointment that I would take their finance and the exact amount of the loan. So, when I got there the loan paperwork had already been typed. I arrived there, took a quick test drive and signed the paperwork. I was in and out of there in about an hour to an hour and half. the car wasn't too well cleaned (some plastics sticking out of the windshield) so I asked them to re-do. No big deal.

Having said all that, the main reason I picked Riverside Honda was because the person I sold my old car to lives about five minutes from there and thus was very convenient for me. Also, they had the color I wanted in stock. Price wise you can probably get similar deals in many dealers throughout So.Cal., including Norm Reeves and Spirit Honda. Whatever dealer you end up going with, get a written price (including destination and doc. fee, possibly an OTD price) and negotiate as much of the details (color, options, financing, trade-in, etc.) before you get there.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
  • Options
    pkevinbpkevinb Member Posts: 3
    Ben, one caveat - I would think twice about buying a California car for primary use outside the state. Many cars have CA-specific emissions equipment, such as the Accord with the ULEV option, which I believe many or most CA Accords have. Such equipment may include a more advanced catalytic converter, which would likely not get along well with non-California gas over the long haul. We have our own gasoline formulations, which both burn leaner and also allow for more advanced catalysts to function without damage.

It may be fine, but then again it may end-up being a cost later on that offsets your purchase savings. A check with a good Honda mechanic might be worth the effort. Finding a non-ULEV California car would be even better!

Good luck with your purchase. I'm looking at the same model.
  • Options
    Actually Joon, I can't even come within $400 of Riverside without going there in person, which is impossible for me at the moment. The thing I liked about riverside was that their original quote was the best I got.

It kind of sucks because the friend I was visiting in LA is about to cancel on me. He's another actor who actually got cast in his first big role, starts shooting the day I had planned to come out there. So now rental car and hotel is something to consider... I can't even calculate those odds, he's been doing nothing for so long. Is there an airport closer than LAX to this place, time-wise? I have no clue how the traffic is out there.

pkevinb, this is something I was considering. I just fired off an email about the emissions thing (whether it's already equiped or not). I have a mechanic near my mother's home who I am going to ask as well. He has been my family mechanic as long as I can remember. But honestly, I had kind of forgotten it about it, so I'm glad you mentioned it.

I'll keep you updated.
  • Options
    pkevinb may have a good point. I don't know about the specifics of the PZEV (partial zero emission vehicle) Accords sold in CA other than it is better for the environment. If I'm not mistaken all Accords sold in CA are PZEV. Maybe somebody else can confirm this.

As far as airports close to Riverside, the nearest one is Ontario (about 30 miles from Riverside). I think Southwest Airlines has service between Phoenix and Ontario. A while back you could get a one way ticket for $59, but I think their regular one way fare is about $125. If you take a shuttle service (Super Shuttle, etc.) they will charge you about $25. If you leave PHX early enough, you probably wouldn't need to stay in a hotel.

But I understand your concern whether the savings is worth the trip or not. I was in the same boat. I could have saved an extra $700 by flying to the the Bay Area, but decided to buy in Riverside and save only $1,000 (instead of $1,700). So, I guess it is different for each person. I'm not recommending for or against.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Thanks for the Ontario information. I think I waited too long though, every southwest flight is $95 now (LAX and ONT). I was able to go to LAX before for $50. That wouldn't be such a big deal if it were just me, but I have to fly my girlfriend as well.

I'll probably fly to Phoenix, rent a car, move into my place, drive out to riverside, buy car, return rental, drive back. My other option is about 4 hours round trip to Tucsan, and pay about $900 more to a not-so-trusted dealer.

It's about a 5 hour drive each way to Riverside, according to mapquest. I figure I'm losing two tanks worth of gas in cost, and I can split the driving with my girlfriend. I feel a little ridiculous driving 10 hours total to save the money, but I think I would hate myself later if I didn't do it.

I'm calling a trusted Honda mechanic first thing Monday morning to ask about the PZEV/ULEV stuff. My family mechanic said to ask him, but he is on vacation until then, so I'll report back on that for anyone interested.
  • Options
    pavan_ivpavan_iv Member Posts: 6
    I got a quote in Indianapolis, IN for 25,615 +550(tint and noise insulation)

OTD price was 24,900. I was wondering if its a good deal. Please help me out.
  • Options
    Joon gave me some sound advice... Use carsdirect.com to gauge your price. My personal experience thus far is to aim about $200 below the carsdirect price, but that varies by location, big time.

So my advice, check carsdirect, calculate tax and title yourself, estimate a doc. fee (if it isnt regulated) and see what you come out with. You can read his thread a couple pages back, I found it helpful.

I personally have found dealing with the internet departments via email has already gotten my quotes down quite a bit. It seems the internet department likes to steal the sales away from the regular fleet/managers. So I advise checking the surround honda dealers and see what they can do.

In New York, where I am now, the Accords are selling about $400 above invoice, but in the Southwest, where I plan to buy, it's about $1600 below. That's a $2000 difference for the mathematically uninclined.

I've been recommending people buy the car in the West, and ship it back East. My mechanic said its a flat $600 fee to ship (I haven't verified that though). So this may or may not be economically sound. My mechanic also said the cars of different regions are equiped with different coolant systems, so you would have to check that out as well.

In short, 24,900 sounds a little high to me (unless it's V6), but relative to my quotes in New York, that would be a decent price.
  • Options
    richards38richards38 Member Posts: 606
    The EX-L (top of the line 4 cyl. with leather) is a great car, but your price should be no more than $21,000 to $22K before taxes and other fees that the dealer remits to government entities.

The 2006 Accord will be introduced in about 2 months, so we're talking about year-end pricing now.

Tint I can understand if you really think you need that (can you see out of those things at night?), but "noise insulation?" Please, I can't stop laughing about that obvious dealer price packing nonsense.

The Accord is quiet enough and if you think you need "noise insulation" you should get a Camry (quiet and mushy) or turn the radio up (still laughing about the "noise insulation")...........Richard
  • Options
    What is noise insulation? I have not heard of that add-on.
  • Options
    That is way too much for an EX-L 4 cylinder. In April, I paid 21800 for an EX-L 4 with MT. That was too high according to postings here but it was the best I could do in middle Tennessee. Take a trip to another dealer. That is way out of line.
  • Options
    In the East Coast, I would recommend people to check some dealers in NJ. A few weeks ago, some of the quotes posted in this forum seemed extremely aggressive and comparable to the lowest quotes in California. There was a dealer in particular (Open Road Honda?) that was quoting Accords at extremely low prices. My point is if somebody is located out East and is willing to travel or get their car shipped, there are places (NJ for instance) where prices are comparable to CA.
  • Options
    bum1bum1 Member Posts: 1
    I went to a NY's Long Island PS Honda and got a 05 Accord DX VP package quote of $16715, w/ 1.9% for 36 months. Edmunds Invoice was at $16716 and it was better than TMV which was at $17196. Since I thought it was in line, I signed the contract w/o any hesitancy.

I told the salesman that I wanted the invoice price, w/ splash guard and cargo net "free of charge." But as we all know that there aren't anything for free - I'm sure they are getting something back from the dealer holdback, minus the giveaways.

Should I have dealt more aggressively (i.e. better pricing) or was my deal fair?

Don't want to lose sleep over this since I expected 16k-17k range, (and over a low-end model) but certainly don't want to find out way later that I was an idiot for not asking for more.

May be I can ask for extra trunk tray and finish the deal..............brian
  • Options
    hpmhpm Member Posts: 4
    My 2005 Accord LX had 11 miles on it. After owning it for about a month...it doesn't have 11 miles anymore. I like driving this car too much that I need to slow down a little bit. :)
  • Options
    rajd1974rajd1974 Member Posts: 31
    #8143 of 8154 Re: 2005 Accord LX V6 price [0x42454e] by pkevinb Jun 11, 2005 (4:16 am)
    Ben, one caveat - I would think twice about buying a California car for primary use outside the state. Many cars have CA-specific emissions equipment, such as the Accord with the ULEV option

You are wrong. The only variant accross states is the Octane rating and this is because of altitude and not some laws. You can always choose the Octane you want to place in your car. As for the additives or detergents that individual companies [shell, chevron etc], these are nothing but marketing hype to distinguish their fuels within themselves and introduce the "stickiness" factor so that they can charge a bit more. If there were variations in fuel accross states, then it would be specified by the body that overlooks the specifications in fuels.

California strict emission control governs the emission of fuels for individual cars and holds Auto manufacturers responsible for compliance. The way these manufacturers comply is by using a more expensive and complicated catalytic converter which burns most of the remaining unburnt fuel in the exhaust.

So if you buy a car from California, you get a fancy catalytic converter in addition [$400 value? give or take]. So you will be doing a minor favor to your state residents who may breathe cleaner air where your lobby influenced lawmakers have dragged their feet [in relation to California] on enforcing stricter emission control on auto manufacturers.

As for durability of a california catalytic converter, it should be no more or no less than using it in California and following the manufacturer guidelines on what Octane fuel to use. I would trust Honda would have performed enough quality checks on their catalytic converters so that they may last a reasonable amount of time/miles whether in California or elsewhere using the specified fuel [ by Octane].
  • Options
    carbuyer25carbuyer25 Member Posts: 20
    I am considering purchase of an LX AT and was planning to use the CarsDirect price as a comparison point, as the posters in this forum have suggested.

One question - your post mentions taking the CarsDirect price and then estimating a doc. fee (in addition to tax and title). I was under the impression that the CarsDirect "no-haggle price" included doc. fees. I thought the only additional fees would be Tax, Title, and License Plate.

Has anyone used CarsDirect and can confirm what things would get added on to the "no-haggle price" that comes up?
  • Options
    seattle_autoseattle_auto Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for accord lx auto in seattle area. Please share your buying experiences. What would be the best prices for 05 accord lx sedan auto in this area.
  • Options
    You're probably right. Since the CA doc. fee, and NY doc. fee is restricted to $45, it didn't really make a huge difference in my calculations.

This is from the website:
    CarsDirect.com Price is the price that YOU PAY (before taxes and other customary fees and charges) for the purchase of a car. Leased vehicles may have a different acquisition price.

I counted title, and doc. as customary fees. Some states have some weird taxes too, or so I've been informed. I assumed none of these were included, I was working that the carsdirect price was the price you were "agreeing to" with the "dealer."
  • Options
    carbuyer25carbuyer25 Member Posts: 20
    Actually, I'm wrong. I just called CarsDirect. The "no haggle price" does NOT include documentation fees.

Customer Service would not tell me what the fee would be in NC. One rep. said that it could range anywhere from about $45 to about $300 depending on the state.
    Another rep. told me that it was estimated at 10% of the value of the car (I sure hope not - that would be $1,900 on an Accord).

Could not get a straight answer on what the maximum they charge in North Carolina is. NC does not restrict these fees like CA and NY. I was told that I could not find out the fee unless I applied online and a sales rep would explain all fees to me after the car was located.

Based on this information (or rather, the lack of it), I don't think I would want to do business with CD. As far as a comparison point to internet quotes, I'm going to try the CarsDirect price + $300 estimated doc. fee plus tax, tag, and title.

Has anyone actually used CarsDirect and have better information on what doc. fees or other "hidden" fees they charge?

Thanks