Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda CR-V Owners Accessories & Modifications

1151617181921»

Comments

• Options
    motoguy128motoguy128 Member Posts: 146
    Are you sure your rear seats are slid all the way back?

I think there are some notches in het tray for the tie down hooks located in the cargo area.

Mine seems to fit just fine. It does slide forward and inch or so during a hard stop. But it's not a big deal, and probably wouldn't move if I had a full laod of cargo. Like mentionde above, mayeb it's just warped a little from being rolled up during shipping.

I didn't see a photo posted of yours.

I will say that the floor and cargo mats offered by Weathertech seem to be much better in quality and fit than the OEM and are a little cheaper too.
  • Options
    vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    Where did you buy this OEM cargo tray?

I saw the posted photo and its a poor fit at the corners. Did you check if the seats are moved all the way back as suggested in another post?

Are you planning to buy the dual cargo shelf?
  • Options
    That "notch" in the shape of the tray is to allow use of the cargo hook with a optional cargo net or even light-duty tiedowns. Otherwise, it looks like it fits fine.

Honestly, overall I think you have some fairly unrealistic expectation of how perfectly this is supposed to fit. the cargo hook.

Why did you purchase a black cargo tray with a beige colored interior??? I think they make the cargo tray in both colors, just like the floor mats.
  • Options
    rmb48rmb48 Member Posts: 9
    I like black OK, and other parts of the interior mix black and tan. As I said, my expectations were based on my previous Forester which had a cargo tray that fit like a glove. Because I bought mine mail order, I wondered at first if it was the wrong item. It's not the notches I mind -- I know why they're there.
  • Options
    bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    LOL ... you switched from Subie Forrester to Honda CRV while I did the opposite, switched from Honda Odyssey > Pilot to Subie Outback Wagon Ltd.
  • Options
    rmb48rmb48 Member Posts: 9
    Had a 2002 Forester until a teenager made a left turn into oncoming traffic and totaled my car. Nobody hurt. My wife's 1999 Civic has had no major repairs -- tires and brakes. My Subaru had plenty, some of it major, some minor but expensive -- like exhaust system computer circuits twice @200 a pop, a big struts and ball joint repair, wheel bearings, etc. My mechanic advised to stay away from Subarus and Mazdas and stick with Toyota or Honda. So I did. I prefer the looks of the Forester, but there you go.
  • Options
    katylin1katylin1 Member Posts: 18
    I just got my new 2010 CRV EX-L. Love it!! Anyway, when I heard how much the dealership wanted to charge for installation of the accessories, I about passed out! :sick:

So I'm trying to look for other ways to get it install but by someone with accessory installation experiences. I don't know exactly how to look for one. So if anyone is reading this that lives in the DFW, Texas area knows of anyone OR how do I look it up in the yellow pages or what are they listed as???

Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Look at the top of this page. There should be advertisement for H and A accessories, or go to their website www.handa-accessories.com and see what you like. Buy it, they will ship it to you. You install it using the same installation instructions that Honda mechanics get. It is not rocket science to bolt on things. If the mechanics at Honda can do, you can do it too.
  • Options
    katylin1katylin1 Member Posts: 18
    You're right it's not rocket science...BUT... there are just a few things I wouldn't attempt myself. I've even watched the DIY videos from CollegeHill Honda, but am too scare to try it myself. Mainly, I'm looking for someone in the local area who does accessory installation. I want to add on the tailgate spoiler and the fog lights. Anyhow, there must be people who does this kind of job right??

thanks for the input though!
  • Options
    You're right it's not rocket science...BUT... there are just a few things I wouldn't attempt myself. I've even watched the DIY videos from CollegeHill Honda, but am too scare to try it myself. Mainly, I'm looking for someone in the local area who does accessory installation. I want to add on the tailgate spoiler and the fog lights. Anyhow, there must be people who does this kind of job right??

thanks for the input though!

I am sure there are shops that will install it for you, but be prepared to open up your wallet. And don't be surprized if it is not installed correctly.

Another approach is to find a Honda mechanic who wants to do this on the side.

But, if you want to DIY, start with smaller projects to build your confidence. Maybe install the splash guards, and a tailpipe finisher...

Honda provides pretty detailed instructions for the accessory installations, and as you progress you will be able to tear the engine apart and put it back together without leaving extra parts on the table. :surprise:

Good luck.
  • Options
    markk1markk1 Member Posts: 30
    Just purchased a cargo tray for my 2010 CRV, somewhat of a disappointment. My old 2000 Outback had a cargo tray that was much thicker / heavier and fit better and looked new after 10 years. I'll see how this one holds up, one plus it is much lighter to take out shake the dirt off.
  • Options
    markk1markk1 Member Posts: 30
    I wonder if anyone has found an aftermarket storage bin that fits either under the tray or in front of it (below the shifter). I'm really happy with my 2010 CRV but I can't imagine why they came up with this tray, every over car I've had has had some sort of storage bin in that spot. BTW anyone found a use for the spot putting the tray down? i have no idea what i would put there.
  • Options
    You can place small objects such as a jacket, purse, umbrella... anything that won't roll around tha you might want placed out of sight, but easy to reach. I like it better tha na enclosed compartment, because it has more flexibility. I guess i don't store a lot of do-dads, CD's or other junk in my car. The flat, low table is convenient for placing small items on, like hat, gloves...again anything I would normally set on the seat next to me... but wouldn't want to place inside a storage compartment.

Folding it down allows some access to the rear seat. Also, middle rear passengers get some extra legroom with the try up or down.

Now a cool feature would be if Honda had interchangable options for the tray. Liek a version of the try with 4 cup holders. Or a version with a covered storage compartment... or even a version with a i-pod holder/charger/aux input.
  • Options
    b_rajb_raj Member Posts: 1
    Just want some inputs and your review on the cargo shelf you purchased. How is the finishing? Did you pay for shipping? can you point us the url?
    Does that also fit 2010 LX? Any more inputs would help.
    Thanks,
  • Options
    jlittererjlitterer Member Posts: 39
    Is there any way I can modify my 2010 CR V EX to have the "auto-off" function on the headlights like the EX-L models? Maybe a relay or something on the higher end models that isn't on the LX & EX? Thanks!
  • Options
    markayo1markayo1 Member Posts: 23
    I have a 2009 CRV EX-L. I was not aware the lights could go off automatically. Maybe I will learn something new here.
  • Options
    lzclzc Member Posts: 483
    The auto off feature was added in 2010 to the EX-L model.
  • Options
    rustler26rustler26 Member Posts: 16
    Help
    The side passenger mirror of my 2003 Silver CR-V has the glass broken. What is the best route to getting this fixed. Dealer? paint issues? I see some on Ebay, cheap but they need to be painted and they say that they are only for Japan man. vehicles.
    Thanks
  • Options
    jlittererjlitterer Member Posts: 39
    Thanks! Most car makers have wiring looms for all models in the vehicles. (They would not go to the expense of separate wiring looms for LX, EX & EX-L models when building them.) Hence, usually the wiring looms are built into each vehicle and there is a relay (or plug taped back onto it self on the wiring loom) that can activate certain options. Any ideas for auto-off headlamps?
  • Options
    tocatoca Member Posts: 147
    I'd talk to an autobody shop. Perhaps you could buy an unpainted side mirror and bring it to your favorite autobody guy for painting. They usually do a good job at matching up paint.
  • Options
    Help
    The side passenger mirror of my 2003 Silver CR-V has the glass broken. What is the best route to getting this fixed. Dealer? paint issues? I see some on Ebay, cheap but they need to be painted and they say that they are only for Japan man. vehicles.
    Thanks

If it is just the glass broken, then replace the glass. If the housing is broken, then, it is a different story.
  • Options
    bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    I once had the mirror glass broken and went to have replacement at glass company.
  • Options
    oneking2oneking2 Member Posts: 1
    has anyone ever removed the spare tire from the 02-06 crv completely. is there a modified bumber out there for the rear of the truck that can make the area look as if there were no spare tire there at all
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,331
    What would you do for a spare, if you take it off?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    All the cabs in Barrow AK (don't ask), seem to be CR-Vs and none have a spare. But they do look a bit naked without them.
  • Options
    nedragnedrag Member Posts: 1
    I have ordered a molded spoiler for me to install on the tailgate of my 05 CR-V. The physical install does not concern me, however I will need to access the brake light wiring to add the brake light in the spoiler. Can anyone help with telling me how to safely remove the interior garnish pieces on the side and top of the window? I have found a parts diagram, but it does not help with the procedure. Thanks, Nedrag (This is my first post, so hope I am doing it correctly!)
  • Options
    idic5idic5 Member Posts: 18
    (LX)
    THere is a groupon for a Garmin Nuvi 1450 LMT 5 inch GPS with Free Lifetime Maps and Traffic Updates
    for $137 plus 4 or 5 bucks s h. would this fit ok with the crv?

what do other have (aftermarket only)?
  • Options
    thinkaboutit1thinkaboutit1 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market to buy an AWD EX-L and want a few accessories..splash guards, body side moulding, door visors and moon roof visors. the Honda website shows $104 for splash guards, $152 moon roof visor, $218 body moldings and $184 for door visors. I know I can get them (genuine Honda parts) for a lot less online.

If I just decide to buy them from the dealer and have them do the install, how should I handle that in negotiations? I know the splash guards are about an 18 minute job and the moldings 25 minutes
  • Options
    billyboy9billyboy9 Member Posts: 1
    My Bluetooth will only pick up incoming calls about half the time. Dealer says nothing is wrong with it. Thinks its my phone. Is that possible?