Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Mazda6 Sedan

Comments

• dsm6dsm6 Posts: 813
    Take pictures, please! :-)
  • the_big_hthe_big_h Posts: 1,583
    live web broadcast of the Mazda 6 unveiling at NAIAS in Detroit. Guess the hatchback is coming to US after all. If I'm gonna upgrade (I have a Protege right now) the hatchback 6 will be on top of my list, very nice looking!
  • dsm6dsm6 Posts: 813
    Go to:

http://www.mazdausa.com/autoshow/detroit/main.asp

Click the mazda 6 press release for some official details straight from mazda, such as - manual and auto available on both engines!

• Looks like the 6 won't be out until 2003 calender year(per press release). I need to buy in November 2002 so it's not likely I can wait.

Everything I had read previously indicated a Fall, 2002 debut.
  • tomcat630tomcat630 Posts: 854
    They need the new car yesterday! The 626 looks so old and dull. Looks like more rental 626's will be sold until next year!
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    I was told by Mazda today to expect the mazda 6 sedan in September. I will be driving the Mazda6 at the national dealer meeting in california in a couple weeks. I can't wait!!

rich
  • Do you know which models will be available and when?

I'm interested in the wagon. Any chance of seeing that vehicle in showrooms by the fall?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I bet only the sedan arrives first. I may have to put my wife in the hatch, though. She doesn't want a wagon but we need more cargo space than a sedan offers.

-juice
  • Audia8q, can I come with you to the national dealer meeting :-) jk. I'm so jealous of you guys. Do you know wwhere exactly it's going to be at? maybe we can sneak in and take some pics of it for our forum readers. I for one can't wait to see the car in person. I'm getting either the wagon or hatchback.
    Expect the sedan first...They have been very vague about the availability of the 5 door and wagon..I will get all the details in a couple weeks

The national meeting is at the corp HQ in Irvine, CA.
  • tomcat630tomcat630 Posts: 854
    I just hope that we don't have to wait until spring 2003, a whole year, before the new cars come out!
  • otoluvaotoluva Posts: 167
    Jee,I put the purchase of my Altima on hold because I wanted to wait for the Mazda6,although the Altima is tough to beat I still want to make a final comparison,but now it looks like it is going to be a longer wait than originally thought,bummer.
    If you like the way BMW's drive then you will love the Mazda 6

Rich
  • otoluvaotoluva Posts: 167
    That good?!
  • That's very good. At least for me.

I think Mazda tells the world that they're not releasing the car until early 2003 because they don't want to scare ppl who buys the 2002 626s away. I still thinks that the 6 will appear in showrroom sometime in Nov/Dec.
    That is a long wait for me. Maybe too late. Our 2nd kid arrives in July and we may need something sooner.

-juice
  • I talked to some Mazda reps at LA Auto show this past weekend about when it's going to be available. One of them said Nov/Dec for sure and yes, both sedan and hatchback is coming and will be released at the same time. Another rep who seems to know what he's talking about told me it could come as soon as early summer ( I think he meant late summer; but early summer is even better :-)) but he again menationed that for sure by Nov we can all buy the new zommy "6". I can't wait.
    I'm not getting my hopes up. The MPV 3.0l was supposed to arrive at about the same time last year, and won't be here until February. We'll see.

-juice
  • vocusvocus Posts: 7,777
    February for the MPV? I could have sworn I saw one this past weekend, a 2002 model. This was in the Washington, DC area.
    I'm hearing next month. I left my name with two dealers to call when they arrive, and neither one has called yet. I also got a mailer for a freebie if I come in for a test drive, and it says Feb, too.

-juice
  • mirthmirth Posts: 1,212
    I was at the Detroit auto show yesterday and got to sit in a Mazda 6. I don't want to burst anyone's bubble or anything, but I was underwhelmed. The interior wasn't all that great, and it didn't look as good in person as the pictures I had seen. Still, it was obviously pre-production, so maybe things will improve. But I was kind of disappointed because I was a little bit excited about the 6.
    Any pix? What about the back seat, was it roomier than the current 626?

-juice
    Yeah, the back seat was bigger than the 626's. Leg room is pretty good, but I thought the Passat's was better. You might be able to fit 3 people in the back easier than the Passat, though.
    No pix - sorry, didn't bring a camera.
    Why? Was the seat wider, or just shaped that way?

I guess I'll have to wait to see it in person.

-juice
  • newcar31newcar31 Posts: 3,711
    There is a picture of the back seat on this webpage: http://www.elmundomotor.com/elmundomotor/2001/10/16/coches/1003262288.html
    The back seat looks roomy. Less contoured than the current seat, which is best for just two people.

The pix look good. I see hints of Lexus IS300 and Audi, not bad cars to be compared to.

-juice
  • I was at the Detroit show today and did my due diligence on the 6. I agree that the sedan appeared somewhat underwhelming, but the Japanese version (RHD) hatchback that was there was nothing short of awesome. Admittedly it was a show car (red-orange metallic, huge wheels, blackout windows) but the basic look was great. Also they had a slightly sported up sedan (17's, spoiler) which looked much better than the bread and butter sedan they also had on display.

The interior on the hatch had two tone seats, and steering wheel and looked great. Overall, I think a lot will depend on interior colors and fabrics as to whether it will be appealing or not.

But if they bring something out approaching the hatchback on display at the show I'll be lining up.

Going into the show I thought I was a lock to get the G35, but I was totally underwhelmed when I saw it. I think the styling is bland and it's pretty much off my list at this point.
  • Does anyone has any pics of the Mazda6 from Detroit Show. I'm desperate to see more new pics of it, even the base model.
  • Come on, please post em!

Does anyone know if the 6 will be at the Chicago Auto Show? It is one of the biggest in the US, so I would assume so, but you never know I guess.