Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• geo027geo027 Posts: 1
    Hi all...just checking to see how I did (first post!)

Just sealed the deal on an 07 XLE - Magnetic Gray with HD, SK, VS, NV, CF, XM radio and a spoiler for $29,750.

I have to wait a few weeks, but hopefully it'll be well worth it.
  • parnolaparnola Posts: 141
    I got an XLE V6 from Joseph Toyota (the Cincinnati one, not the Dayton one) at Invoice. I sent them a fax with my specs and they replied with the best price.

Don't bother with the Dayton dealers - Jack Walker wouldn't move from MSRP (!), Voss can only get a few cars, and Joseph Airport Toyota treated me like a child when I asked about pricing.
  • njeraldnjerald Posts: 688
    Just sealed the deal on an 07 XLE - Magnetic Gray with HD, SK, VS, NV, CF, XM radio and a spoiler for $29,750.

About $1,200 over dealer invoice.
  • concertkeyconcertkey Posts: 59
    I hope you're right. I don't have a delivery date at the moment, but I would just as soon finish the school year and then pick up the car. I'll get back to the salesman in the next couple of days to confirm that it was built last Tuesday and ask about a delivery date.
    Did it have the same options that I listed in my post of last week and have an MSRP of $30,000.00? I pondered some of the same questions that you mentioned. Yes, you can probably get a base Lexus ES330 (outgoing model) for $28,000.00 but I didn't want an ES330. An Acura TL would cost over $31,000.00 and that was too much for me. I tend to hold my cars a long time (just getting rid of my 1992 Camry) so holding it over the next 10 years at that price didn't seem so bad. If you use your car for business, it's an even better situation.
    Glad to hear it -- I always like to help out my fellow human beings when possible!
  • fullofbeansfullofbeans Posts: 33
    I was wondering if any Canadians have received their TCH yet?
    I ordered mine April 28, but I'm still don't have an arrival date yet. I saw a post about an Ontarian (I believe) who bought his in the states and got his Provincial Sales Tax rebate as well. It's proposed to be a rebate of $2000 dollars. It was only $1000. Does anyone know if the proposal passed in the current Provincial budget? thanks. Also I think it's a real bugger we don't get the tire pressure monitors up here in the Great White North. Losing any features sucks; especially when it's a safety feature.
  • dirtratdirtrat Posts: 5
    Umm, an Acura or lexus will cost alot more than the 26,000. Plan on spending several thousand more just for the basic model. Also that difference in price for the V6 is also for a 6 Speed transmission, not just the engine.
  • tweliyingtweliying Posts: 23
    see my post #3144 on 5/23/06
  • hero76hero76 Posts: 3
    your email is private so I'm asking you these questions here Parnola. Did you finance through Toyota motor or outisde bank? Also I read from another post your experience with Joseph was great so I looked through their online selection and saw the car I wanted. Should I email them my quote or do you think it is better to call? I have delt with Jeff Wyler and Performance and would rather sleep in a tub of ice before going back to them so I appreciate your help :D
  • fsowirlesfsowirles Posts: 195
    Before one of the Edmunds.com Hosts jumps in, I will remind you of the forum rules:

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.
  • civic2kcivic2k Posts: 18
    I'd actually like to know what people think of the manual trannies in these. Chances are i'll be stuck buying an auto just so the rest of the family can use the car, but who knows at this point.
  • 03cobra03cobra Posts: 37
    Just closed on an SE V6, loaded, no nav, no XM for $100 over dealer "invoice", $26,472+ tax and license.

Good luck to all.
    could you tell us the name of dealership?
  • hero76hero76 Posts: 3
    I merely asked a few non-descript questions, nothing for the exact name of the sales person or his contact information. Thanks for restating the forum rules though :)
  • tinatinatinatina Posts: 388
    Fsowireles, is one of the nicest thread police. :) No harm - no foul.

Has anyone in the SF Bay Area gotten a price in the upper 18ks on a 2007 Camry LE with mats only ($21,279 MSRP?)
  • just1guyjust1guy Posts: 19
    Just picked mine up . Had to wait a few weeks for a red one. When a red one comes in it goes out same day .
    Very nice people. I didn't order or pay for floor mats but they were in the car with the word Camry , so I don't know if these are some cheap free version . There was a big black mat in the trunk also . Car had 3 miles on it , was wet from the wash and a full tank of gas was included .
    Private message me if you need a name , etc. I did the deal over the internet and it was sealed 10 minutes after I arrived at the place.
  • parnolaparnola Posts: 141
    I'd e-mail or fax them, tell them the car & specs you want, and ask for their best price. They should come in near invoice on any non-Hybrid Camry. Let me know how you do! Oh, I financed through my credit union, but Toyota has a comparable rate (5.5%, I believe).
  • jaydolljaydoll Posts: 120
    $19200 still doesn't come close to my $18600 for the LE/auto.
  • jaydolljaydoll Posts: 120
    taydav,

I just bought a LE/auto for $18600 in MA. Is this price worth the drive for you?
  • dirtratdirtrat Posts: 5
    This post is meaningless unless you state exactly what options you got. LOADED means different things to different people!
  • taydavtaydav Posts: 3
    jaydoll

How'd did you get that good of a deal? Got any good tips to use on the dealers? MA is a little too far for me to drive. But that's a good deal.
  • machismomachismo Posts: 6
    jaydoll can u shed some details on ur deal, seems like u have got the cheapest basic deal.
  • bbinsdbbinsd Posts: 6
    Just got my XLE V6 without nav and heated seats for 26K I also got the 7/100 Zero dec for less then a grand. You have got to love this car and the way it drives! :shades:
    I figured "$100 over invoice" would give most people "useful" information. However, for the benefit of you and others, the options are as follows:

"Options: $4,560
    50 State Emissions, Aluminum Wheel (All Season), Color-Keyed Rear Lip Spoiler, JBL® AM/FM 6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer w/8 Speakers in 6 Locations, Satellite Radio Capability[7], MP3/WMA Playback Capability, Aux. Audio Jack, and Bluetooth®[8] Wireless Technology., Moonroof Package includes: Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof w/Sliding Sunshade, Dual Illuminated Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Dimmer Control & Rear Personal Reading Lights, Sport Leather Package includes: Heated Front Seats, Leather-Trimmed Seats and Door Trim w/Integrated Armrests and Dual Front and Rear Map Pockets, and Dual Color-Keyed, Heated Power Outside Mirrors.[14], Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) w/ Traction Control (TRAC)[D]"

MSPR $29455,the dealer showed me their "invoice" at $26372. It didn't match Edmunds or KBB. In fact, none of the 3 invoice numbers matched. But it was close enough for me.

I hope this helps.
    Denny Hecker Toyota, Inver Grove Heights.
    Thanks for keeping us updated. The quote you got is very nice! Actually, I saw the same "invoice" when I was working with Rudy Luther Toyota in St Louis Park, MN. But the dealer there tried to charge $1000 over this invoice. So finally I gave up. As to dealing with Denny Hecker dealership, I got a very bad experience. I sent my quote inquery and they even didn't get back to me couple days later. Anyway, congr to your new car!
  • 041448041448 Posts: 1
    Does anyone know which dealer has a loaded (leather, moon room, nav) Camry Hybrid in the LA area. Fussy on color - gray or silver.
  • filodfilod Posts: 189
    Congratulations! Best price I have seen so far for SE V6. It is the same invoice price that I got from my dealer for an SE V6 in California with Option Combo C (26,372).

MSRP is Option Combo C=$4560; base=$24315; dest=$580 = $29445. I eventually got one with the Navi (Option Combo D) and paid $700 (including some docs etc before tax and license) over invoice. I am at peace with what I paid... although your price is much better.

Enjoy the car.

FiloD
  • tf712tf712 Posts: 7
    Went looking metro area of Chi-town. Everyone wanted MSRP. Found a deal way south of the city down in Bourbanais (by Kankakee). Went thru the internet and exchanged some phone calls. Drove down last night and gave my deposit for a Desert Sand '07 XLE V4 with vehicle stability control and floor mats. Price paid $25,500 out the door. Salesman even brought up edmunds website and we compared numbers. No hiding anything. Great experience from a small town dealer - David Bruce Toyota