Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sunny12sunny12 Posts: 9
    Here is what I got today from one dealer in Columbus, OHIO
    Base Model: $17733.00
    Moonroof Package: Power Tilt/Slide: $752.00
    Preferred Accessory Package(Mat + First Aid): $159
    Destination Charge: $580
    TDA: $499
    Gasoline: $10
    Dealer Holdback: $410
    Shsl. Financial Reserve: $205.00
    Total: $20348.00
    Saleman say I can get the car for additional $300 + Total: $20348.00

Any device?

Thanks.
  • njeraldnjerald Posts: 688
    Sounds fine.

$20,648 would be $300 over dealer invoice. That's what they were going for 7 weeks ago.
  • jayb82jayb82 Posts: 19
    Hello Everyone

I wanted to know if the remote starter is a dealer installed or factory installed option? I'm considering getting the LE with just the JBL stereo.

Thanks in advance
    Jay
  • njeraldnjerald Posts: 688
    Not a factory install. Dealer, Port or region.
  • agragr Posts: 2
    Just purchased the following:
    XLE V6 loaded with FE, HD, NV, SK, VS, CF, DK, Appearance package (wheel locks, pin stripe, door guards).

MSRP: $31,634
    Paid: $28,900 (+ 5% MD tax, $200 tags/title)
  • glanwinglanwin Posts: 28
    It looks like a pretty good deal. Here is the email I just received from a local Toyota Dealer.
    We just recieved a new shipment today, and you can get any 2007 Camry LE 4cyl
    MSRP 21300
    Internet Price $20788 out the door including all tax and fees.

Price good till 5/31/2006, and only through Internet Sales Manager at Tustin Toyota.
    There is no moon roof package and it costs $450 more than your deal.
    Has anyone here bought their car through fitzmall.com? How was your experience? Do they ship out of state?
    Thanks
  • jshtickjshtick Posts: 7
    Just purchased 07 Camry LE I4 Auto with Vehicle Stability Control and Mats for $20,000 without TTL. Color is Titanium (Silver). MSRP was ~ $22,000.
  • jaydolljaydoll Posts: 120
    MA area Toyota Shoppers beware. I just had the worst experience ever at Boch Toyota, one of the largest Toyota dealers in the country (according to their advertising).

I was quoted a price on a 07 Camry recently over the phone at this dealership and was told that this was the priceI would pay when I came into the dealership.

When I arrived today, I went for a test drive and decided I really liked the camry. After we went to the salesman's desk, he came back with a printout of the alleged agreed price that I discussed I discussed over the phone with the interenet sales department.

Well, it turns out that the price on his printout approximately $1350 dollars more than what I had negociated over the phone.

Think it can't gey any worse, hold on to your hat.

The color I really liked wasn't in stock at theis dealer so I asked if they would order one for me. We are talking Base LE with the automatic.

The saleman goes to the manager, comes back and tells me that they can get one for me but it has the sunroof and I have to pay for it. So I tell the salesman that I would be willing to pay for the roof in order to get the color that I want so I ask him to find out the price of the car with the roof. The salesman goes to see the manager, comes back and tells me that the roof and just the roof adds another $1200 to the price of the car.

I will stay clear of this dealership and advise the same.
  • zaku178zaku178 Posts: 15
    If you negotiated a price over the phone and they trick you into going into the dealership you can complain to Toyota headquarters and force that dealer to give you the car at that negotiated price. I was given a Quote for $1200 off MSRP for a Prius at a dealer and when I got there the sales manager said it was a mistake and that they'll never sell it at that price. I called Toyota headquarters and they said they HAVE to sell it to me at that price. So give that a try.
  • petincpetinc Posts: 2
    If you are looking to buy a car in MA got to Wellesley Toyota. They have the best Sales Mgrs and Service dept.I just got a SE V6 with everything I wanted in 6 weeks.
  • lnllnl Posts: 3
    Did anyone buy one in this area? The best price before TTL I can get from several dealers is $19519 which they claimed is $100 over invoice. If taking TTL and other misc fees into consideration, it is about $22,265. Could you please share your price and experience if you bought one recently? Thanks.
  • promoguypromoguy Posts: 7
    Just paid on Tuesday out the door with TTL 20702.00. That was based on a sell price of 18,900.00. I did the email thing and figure I got a VERY decent price. That was here in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles where the sales tax is a bit higher than in Tustin.
  • I just bought an 07 camry LE 4 cyld auto for 19100+TTL. This should give an idea for prices in the NY/NJ area. My car does not have any options. I got the 400$ new graduate discount (19500-400). Please send your comments about the price I have paid.
  • jaydolljaydoll Posts: 120
    camry07owner,

Hads a really bad experience with Boch Toyota in Norwood, MA yesterday regarding quoting one price over the phone and then selling for another price in person for $1333. more than I was quoted for an LE auto with no options. Boy did that piss me off.

Anyways, I went to another dealer today and got the Camry LE auto/no options for $18600. Im feeling really good about this price.

Word to the wise, Boch Toyota uses dishonest sales techniques over the phone and not worthy of my business.
    Did you finance through toyota, lease or pay cash? I want to get the new graduate discount too but I was told I would have to finance the car through TFS.
  • I am financing through toyota and they applied the 400$ towards my downpayment.
  • eromerom Posts: 1
    Which dealership did you go today? I'm planning to buy a some car and this price looks very good.
  • baccus49baccus49 Posts: 60
    I'm a new grad and I'm calling a bunch of dealers to get the best quote. Should I tell them I'm a new grad upfront? Is there a way to get the deal and then get the new grad discount without the dealer knowing? How does the new grad discount affect a dealer's proft - will they be more willing to deal?
  • olt1892olt1892 Posts: 12
    Hello,

First time poster here.
    Could someone tell me what is a fair price for LE V6 in Seattle? How much over invoice?
    (Options = JBL CD changer, vehicle stability control, moonroof, aluminium wheels)
    Thanks.

CC
    If you don't mind me asking, what interest rate is TFS giving you? I'm debating whether to finance through my bank or go thru TFS. According to Toyota's website I should get a better rate from TFS having financed a car from them before.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 119,801
    Do not post e-mail addresses in the forums. If you wish your e-mail to be known to other members, click on Preferences on the left hand side of the page, and mark your e-mail address as public.

Posts with e-mail addresses have been removed.

Thanks,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• orangeman88orangeman88 Posts: 11
    Now are you going to hopefully give an American dealership a chance or are you just going to continue to take it from the Japanese? ;)
  • orangeman88orangeman88 Posts: 11
    I would go to any Chevy dealer around rather than bother with Toyota.

In a recent JD Power study Toyota dealers ranked #33 out of 36 makes tracked based on dealership/sales experience.

Why anyone would want to continue to feed the Japanese when they view us as sheep just boggles the mind. :mad:
    Has anyone heard if Toyota will have a memorial day special on the 2007 Camry? either a low APR or cash back
  • aznmaskaznmask Posts: 21
    I live in MA.. i wonder where i can get a good price on the 2007 Camry LE V6 AT. i planning to buy it on june. thanks.
  • beantownbeantown Posts: 228
    I would go to any Chevy dealer around rather than bother with Toyota.

In a recent JD Power study Toyota dealers ranked #33 out of 36 makes tracked based on dealership/sales experience.

Why anyone would want to continue to feed the Japanese when they view us as sheep just boggles the mind.

I don't care if a certain manufacturer's dealers are ranked 36 out of 36....if they make the best car at the best price for me IMO, they get my money. If someone's a jerk to me, I can be a jerk right back. It's not the car's fault.

For the record, I've never had a bad experience at a Toyota dealer and I've bought 2 new cars and 1 used car through two different Toyota dealerships in my "buying life" (four different if you count test drive experiences). I understand Toyota dealers have a bad rep, but they've always been fair to me.
  • beantownbeantown Posts: 228
    I live in MA.. i wonder where i can get a good price on the 2007 Camry LE V6 AT. i planning to buy it on june. thanks.

Ira in Danvers and Boch on the automile have always been able to undercut any price I've been quoted elsewhere. They are by far the largest dealers in the region and probably have exactly what you want in stock at all times. I love getting them to bid against each other.
  • yankeryanker Posts: 156
    I am amazed that the HOST let the dissing and stereotyping of the Japanese go by without comment. My experience in the old days was Oldsmobile and Chevrolet dealers were far less than honest as well. Let us not forget that the dealers are local businessmen and must be held accountable not the Japanese who made the car.
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Posts: 1,405
    Let us not forget that the dealers are local businessmen and must be held accountable not the Japanese who made the car.

Uhhhh, remember too that many of these "Japanese" cars sold by the American dealers are made by American auto workers in plants located in America.