Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lanceqlanceq Posts: 16
    Was $16977 with an automatic transmission? Either way - What a deal! Congrads.
  • sunny12sunny12 Posts: 9
    I am looking for 07 Camry LE too. Which dealer you want to buy from for $19,300?

Thanks in advance!
    Sunny
  • CC a fair price on the LE V6 is $1,000 over invoice plus tax and license in the Seattle area. (This was the Costco Pricing at a couple of different dealers). If you want a better price you may be able to negotiate a few hundred dollars off that. Good Luck!
  • njeraldnjerald Posts: 688
    If you pay more than $400 over invoice in the Seattle area, you have money to burn.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 70,698
    Dissing? Sure.. dis all you want.. others may feel differently, and from the replies, it seems they do..

Stereotyping? I didn't read that into it.. No more than your post about Olds and Chevy dealers.. ;)

But, this forum is about Prices Paid & the Buying Experience.... so, lets get back to it... :D

Thanks!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• olt1892olt1892 Posts: 12
    Thank you both njerald and toyotasalesg1 for the info.

CC
    Check with Toyota of Kirkland, Internet Sales Manager for the best price in Seattle area.
  • maryb1maryb1 Posts: 5
    What are people in CT area paying for the Hybrid loaded. I live close to NY, Ma and RI. Who has the best deals?
    Check the Hybrid forums.
  • olt1892olt1892 Posts: 12
    Thanks again, njerald, for the lead.

CC
  • jaydolljaydoll Posts: 120
    Beantown,

No need to pit one dealer against another. My experience is as follows:

1. Boch Toyota IMHO is dishonest when they quote you a phone price.

2. Boch Toyota charges $100. more for the documentation fee. Why is this? they don't do any additional documents

3. IRA will beat Boch's phony prices.

4. IRA charges a lower DOC fee.

5. IRA is much more friendly to deal with and when they quote you a price, that's what you pay, unlike the high pressure robots at Boch.
  • mmccardellmmccardell Posts: 1
    Avoid Toyota of Lake City. They gave me a dishonest internet quote today.
  • eric2006eric2006 Posts: 7
    jaydoll,
    I am living in Boston and shopping around a 2007 Camry. Could you shed the light the detail of your deal? My post was deleted twice since I left my contact information to you.
    Thank a lot.
    Avoid Toyota of Lake City. They gave me a dishonest internet quote today.

They were the clowns who when I was getting numerous quotes from $300-500 over dealer invoice, quoted me MSRP +$2,000.
  • zaku178zaku178 Posts: 15
    Whats the lowest price anyone has gotten for a fully loaded SE V6 without NAV?? Even though the dealership kept BSing they never mark the price lower than MSRP I manage to get them to lower it to $27777. They say its the lowest price they sold the SE which I consider pure BS. I left to see what price anyone else can get for the car. They claim their invoice was $26600 and wanted to match Edmund's price. Anyone care to share their SE V6 pricing experience??
  • tweliyingtweliying Posts: 23
    I got this quote for SE V6 full loaded in the beginning of May. Here is the message from dealer:

I would sell one like you requested for $27,087.

Your total out the door cost then would be $29,218.66.

This includes all taxes, title and license fees.
  • sycwsycw Posts: 2
    The lowest quote I got in my area (San Francsico) for a LE V6 + moonroof + carpet before tax is $22668. Is it a good price? The total out the door cost should be $25000 including the ridiculous high CA tax...Thanks
  • dhgdhg Posts: 9
    I found one dealer in northern California selling a fully loaded SE V6 (EJ,RF,VS,QC, SR) with a MSRP of $29,654, for $26,572. This is supposed to be $200 above invoice. I can't get the KBB nor Edmunds to give the correct invoice to reflect this. Most other dealers will not even come close, another said maybe $500 over invoice. I think this is a great deal what do you think. How do I get the exact invoice?
    Sounds like an okay deal, but I think if you pressure them more, they'll give you a better deal. Just make sure that you're in control because they "NEED" you to make the sale. There really is no exact invoice like Edmunds say. The invoice price dealers put up are no where near accurate because it doesn't take into consideration heavy discounts they get for making X amount of sales per month and the Volume pricing they get. Its really a no brainer that dealers tend to hide those details and make up a lot of BS that if they sell below invoice they're not profiting but in reality they profit no matter what.
  • lnllnl Posts: 3
    But considering 2007 camry is quite hot now, how hard can we push the dealers to get a better deal? I am looking at a 2007 camry LE 4cyl auto. The best quote I received is about $19500 before TTL which they claim is the invoice price. I live in Chicago area and the sales tax kills, 7.75%,Uuuuugh! I have over 30 dealers around where I live, I am not sure if I should expand my search radius further for a couple of hundred dollors. Any advice?
    Even though the 2007 Camry is still hot, the LE 4cyl auto models are quite common compared to the SE/XLE models. The best way to negotiate the price further down on one is to go into the dealer on a slow day such as a weekday. If they have a lot of LE Camrys on the lot then you have a great chance at bargaining the price down a bit. Dealers have to meet quotas so they have to sell those Camrys one way or another. So make a price you're willing to pay for a Camry give it to the sales manager if they are unwilling to give it to you at the price just walk out, they'll come calling for you in a few days to negotiate the price again to get you back in.
  • fathomfathom Posts: 1
    You paid a good price. I just purchased the same car from Fort Lee, NJ dealership for $19,250 + TTR (no graduate discount). I think you can if someone sticks to their price you can get it at $18900 + TTR at this dealership.
  • gc77584gc77584 Posts: 65
    Doesn't really matter what part of the country you live in. Camry Hybrids, loaded or not, are going for MSRP or more because they're relatively scarce. Some dealers are attempting to get up to $5000 over MSRP. A couple of people have managed to get maybe $500 off MSRP by going through Costco, but they've had to fight for it.

As suggested, go to the Toyota Camry Hybrid forums for more information. The TCH - Order Process forum has a number of pricing-related posts.
  • dhgdhg Posts: 9
    "Sounds like an okay deal, but I think if you pressure them more, they'll give you a better deal." I can not believe $ 200 over invoice is only a OK deal. I have called 10+ dealers in northern California from San Fran to Monterey, no one can comes close. Every dealer I actually go into is nice at first but when I show them I can buy the fully loaded SE V6 MRSP of $29,654 for $ 26,572 equals $3079 off MSRP and can they even match it, they soon say, "have a nice day, I leave my number, they never call. One salesman said, "these cars are in such demand,why would that dealer give them away at that price when we sell them for full MSRP." Anyway, I will probably buy it, due to the fact the dealer was up front about his price and not playing the usual games they play, he even offered to drive the car to my house, over 100 miles away. I said no thanks, I want to be the first to drive it.
  • nguy1nguy1 Posts: 5
    I am replacing my wifes 92 ford taurus finally. I like the Camry SE becaus of the fog lights and good price. Does anyone know if $350 over factory invoice is a good price? The Dealer has to order it since they dont have it in black. He also mentioned that invoice may be different if you factory order it versus buy it at the lot. Does anyone have any experience with factory order. I am buying an SE in black with VSC and with ash interior.
    Thanks alot everyone.
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    For anyone in the Texas area interested Charles Maund is selling the LE model with floor mats and trunk mat for $18,995.00 and a drive out price of 20,412.77.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    I can not believe $ 200 over invoice is only a OK deal. I have called 10+ dealers in northern California from San Fran to Monterey, no one can comes close

At this early period in the life cycle of a model ( 8 wks old ) there are no incentives from Toyota to the dealers. If you can get a $3000 discount off a vehicle and no one else is interested in even discussing it why aren't you driving it already? Just by them telling you 'Have a nice day' should indicate that yours is a killer deal.

Go for it and enjoy. :D
  • dolfan1dolfan1 Posts: 217
    Anyone who pays sticker for a non-hybrid is getting hosed. Yes, SE's are harder to come by, but if one is willing to look around & be patient & perhaps drive a little ways, any non-hybrid model should be able to be purchased well below MSRP.
  • blindmantooblindmantoo Posts: 139
    First of all - The fog lamps are not the reason to buy this car. Factory installed fog lamps have been worthless on every vehicle I've owned w/ them. That being said... I have a black SE on order. $350 over invoice is a great deal - be prepared for a wait if your order is unique. Because I wanted black w/ charcoal leather & NAV it's taking 12 weeks to get it.

In theory, the price should actually be lower if your order a vehicle - it's sold the minute it lands - therefore the dealer has little to no floorplan charge. My pricing did not vary a penny when they had to order it.
  • ieee_raiderieee_raider Posts: 20
    Glad to see that the folks at my local dealership here in Paris treated you right! Congrats on the new Camry.