Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    bd21bd21 Member Posts: 437
    Are you sure you got an LE, because you used LE and standard in your other post. Does your trunk lid say LE? If it is indeed an LE, you did pretty good.
  • Options
    pneubmw1pneubmw1 Member Posts: 4
    It was an LE, clarification (4 cyl engine), not a 6 cyl, the standard trim which was introduced this year did not have the abs and was about $1000 less. They tried to push me into that trim with the $17,435 figure.
  • Options
    aquadinaquadin Member Posts: 6
    what? the standard should include abs for all 2005 camry
  • Options
    alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    The confusion seems to continue, and the blame lies with Toyota's very strange marketing decision with respect to the Standard trim line.

As a brief clarification, the Standard was introduced in the Spring of 2004 as a 2004 model year vehicle. The only 2004 Camrys with ABS standard were the V6s, and the 4 cylinder LEs.

Now, for 2005, every single Camry sold, from Standard to XLE V6, has ABS standard.

Happy Motoring
    ~alpha
  • Options
    motownusamotownusa Member Posts: 836
    Toyota's tendency to pull a rabbit out of the hat without any previous announcement is indeed very strange. Volkswagon at least labels their mid year introduction as "MY1/2" cars. Same thing happened with the 2003 V6 Camrys, when without any prior announcement they introduced the Vvti 210 hp engine and the 5 speed automatic. I know one person who actually bought an 03 Camry with the older V6 and 3 months later traded it in for the newer 6 cylinder engine. The Toyota brochure that I have for 04 doesn't mention the STANDARD edition, but I remember Toyota's website did show the STANDARD edition after March 04, go figure.
  • Options
    Red one with side/curtain airbags
    in Virginia
    Thanks to this forum
  • Options
    307web307web Member Posts: 1,033
    Kind of outrageous to trade the car after 3 months just to get the latest engine.
    Probably would have been cheaper if your friend had just bought a Vvti ES300 at the outset instead of taking the depreciation hit plus wasted sales tax and registration fees on two purchases in a short period of time.
  • Options
    stevgestevge Member Posts: 19
    Can you tell us how much was the base price(destination charge included) before tax, tags and documentation fee? In which dealership did you buy the car? Thanks!

You did a very good job.
  • Options
    jagharjaghar Member Posts: 2
    i was just reading this thread and may be throw in my 2 words.
    as i have read,the toyota rebates are different for various regions. u will get exact offers if u input u're zip code on the toyota website.

as of right now its just $500 rebate in northeast. or 1.9/2.9/3.9 % for 36/48/60 mo. in southeast it is $1000 REB for STD & LE only
    or apr options.

the 05 camry se i bought had a sticker of $23852. price paid 21400 + tax + dmv @ 3.9% 60 MO.
    options include:
    JBL 3 IN 1 COMBO CD/CASS.
    FULL LOWER BODY SPOILER KIT
    REAR SPOILER
    ALUMINIUM ALLOYS & WHEEL LOCKS
    TRUNK & FLOOR MATS
    SPORT DOOR SILLS.

bought from prestige toyota a northern nj dealer.
    they really try hard to get me but to get the best deal u should never rush into it.
    i think i did pretty good and the best part the car looks fantastic specially with the full spoiler body kit.
    dont see to many with this kit option.
  • Options
    chic123chic123 Member Posts: 2
    I am in chicago area and dealer suggested on the phone for camry LE 05 4 cyl, auto with no options installed, the out of the door price as 19200/-
    can anyone tell if there is any scope of further negotiation.... thnx for advices...
  • Options
    Originla Price:18,750
    Rebate: -900
    Tax: 550
    Processing fee: 250
    Tag: 50
    Total: 18,700

Hope this helps
  • Options
    mcgirl0730mcgirl0730 Member Posts: 78
    Purchased 04 Camry V6 LE in May for $22,460.96 out the door. The car came with carpet floor and trunk mats and side & curtain airbags. 0% APR for 3 years. 15 miles on odometer.

Agreed price $20,500.00 (sticker $23,609)
    Document preparation fee 45.00
    Sales tax 1,694.96
    DMV filing fee 28.00
    License fees 188.00
    California tire fees 5.00

Dealership - Stevens Creek Toyota in San Jose, California
  • Options
    I have never heard of DMV filing fee on top of doc preparation fee in California. The doc fee is supposed to be partially for filing to the DMV.
    I haven't seen dealers charging tire fees either.
    What's next?
    "Sales fee?"
    "Commission Processing Fee?"
    "Test drive fee?"
    "Market adjustment and ADP sticker removal fees?"
  • Options
    LOL...yeah, tell me about it. I didn't know that they weren't supposed to charge all those fees. Oh well, it's okay. The amount is minimal, it's not worth going back to them for it.
  • Options
    It probably doesn't really matter as long as the out the door price is a price you would have agreed to anyway if they had just added it to the sales price of the car to begin with.
    However, it's annoying when they quote you X dollars over invoice and then when you go to sign the papers at the end they want to add additional fees beyond the state mandated fees and taxes required on all cars from all dealers.
  • Options
    You know what, I looked at the sale contract again. And next to those fees was an asterisk meaning they were optional. I should have asked about the fees before I signed the contract. Another lesson learned. Thanks for pointing that out to me. The other mistake I made that cost me some money was when I traded in my 99 Corolla for the Camry. They only gave me $5K and I could have sold it myself for at least $7K. It was a VE and only had 53,609 miles.
  • Options
    chic123chic123 Member Posts: 2
    I am in chicago area and dealer suggested on the phone for camry LE 05 4 cyl, auto with no options installed, the out of the door price as 19200/-
    can anyone tell if there is any scope of further negotiation.... thnx for advices...
  • Options
    camridercamrider Member Posts: 4
    What city and state? What was taxes? Did it include side curtain air bags and adjustable pedals?
  • Options
    inform_meinform_me Member Posts: 18
    I got an offer for an 05 Camry LE with Extramile option and Leather at 21800 + TTL. This includes TDA (299), MAF(275), 2% holdback (399), PIO Holdback (347), Fleetprice protection (160).

I wanted a basic LE and am just interested in may be a leather seat.

Do you think Extra mile protection for 1050 and leather for 1150 (at invoices) are accurately priced? I donot see these prices on Edmunds or KBB.

Toyota has $1000 off till this weekend.
    Is it off MSRP or can we ask it off invoice?

Don't you think that TDA (299), MAF(275), 2% holdback (399), PIO Holdback (347), Fleetprice protection (160), are just profits for Dealer and could be avoided?

Please reply as I have to make a decision in 24 hours..

thanks
  • Options
    iwantanewcariwantanewcar Member Posts: 3
    Is $18,300 (for OTD price) good for 2005 Brand New Toyota Camry LE(just with Floormatress,no other options)? That's the price I got and I am thinking the price. Comments welcome!

Question: I am asking the Brand new 2005 Toyota Camry LE(2.4L,4C,5A). Not the Demo car or used car. He answered: Yes it is a brand new 2005 Camry in Lunar Mist miles under 50.

What does he mean? I don't understand.

He also said he will be sending the consumer sheet in a following email. I am still waiting. Anyone know what is the consumer sheet?
  • Options
    iwantanewcariwantanewcar Member Posts: 3
    Naive questions,need help!

What does trim mean? Standard trim?

Does standard trim mean Toyota Camry Standard?

And Does LE trim mean Toyota Camry LE?

That is to say Trim=Model?
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    That's exactly it -
    Make = Toyota
    Model = Camry
    Trim Level = LE, SE, XLE (also known as "style")

Hope this helps!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    stevgestevge Member Posts: 19
    Can you explain what are the meanings of "TDA, MAF, PIO Holdback, Fleetprice protection
    "? Thank you for your help!
  • Options
    acklarryacklarry Member Posts: 11
    My wife and I are looking at an XLE. We had a fully loaded XLE V6 with Navigation. It includes the Alloy Wheels and
    HX XLE Navigation Package
    VSC & Side Airbag Package
    Heated Front Seats
    XV Adjustable Power Accelerator Pedal
    FE 50 State Emissions

The Total Price was 26354 after the fee for the car of $25,975 and $379 admin fee.

I keep seeing the posts that the DC market is more competitive. I can do a 4 hour drive to DC for a $1000 or more savings.

I'd appreciate any advice.

Ack
    acklarry@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    stevge, those questions would be best answered in discussions located on our Smart Shopper board.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    acklarryacklarry Member Posts: 11
    My wife and I are looking at an XLE. We had a fully loaded XLE V6 with Navigation. It includes the Alloy Wheels and
    HX XLE Navigation Package
    VSC & Side Airbag Package
    Heated Front Seats
    XV Adjustable Power Accelerator Pedal
    FE 50 State Emissions

The Total Price was 26354 after the fee for the car of $25,975 and $379 admin fee.

I keep seeing the posts that the DC market is more competitive. I can do a 4 hour drive to DC for a $1000 or more savings.

I'd appreciate any advice.

Ack
    acklarry@yahoo.com
  • Options
    inform_meinform_me Member Posts: 18
    I got a 05 LE for around 20300 with Leather, Mudguards, tint and mats. Is this a good price in Texas? I got 1000 off invoice as per my calculations.

$400 Grad discount is only available if you finance with Toyota, Is that correct?
  • Options
    laproflaprof Member Posts: 9
    how does 18995 for an 05 camry (LE, 4cy, auto, extra mile) sound. This includes a 1000 dollar rebate. Any advice would be appreciated!!
  • Options
    bd21bd21 Member Posts: 437
    It's at least $800 too much!
  • Options
    peter panpeter pan Member Posts: 75
    in Southern California at cheap price. Please advise.
  • Options
    ultratechultratech Member Posts: 142
    I see on the LA Times 05 LE Auto i-4 advertised for around $16,300-500 every weekend.

SE for around $1K more.

Anyone here in L.A. Area should definately try to buy around the $16,500 price rannge.
  • Options
    Dealers I called in S California do not have any LE or SE with all side and curtain airbags.

These cars have to be special ordered with premium prices and long wait time!
  • Options
    Really?

I consider Carson to be in southern California.

http://69.93.188.20/~tundraso/fleet/showroom.php

That should be page 3 of the Camry LE autos. Thats where vehicles with option code GY can be found. GY is side and curtain airbags. Continue scrolling down, and Carson Toyota even offers the LE auto with side airbags/curtains and VSC (thats option GU).

So if you're looking in So. Cal near LA, it would seem that you have it better than a lot of the rest of the country.

~alpha
  • Options
    Carson Toyota only has 1 LE Camry out of 157 with the GU option.

That's not real availability!

Other dealers' websites do not show options on the cars.
  • Options
    I mentioned the GU option just as a reference. Again, there are more than 1 Camry available at Carson Toyota- you need to look at all the pages. There 4 of 106 LEs (not 157, thats the total Camrys) with GU.

But really, your post was with specific reference to the GY option (Side Curtains and Airbags) there are many LEs on Carsons lot with that Option. In fact, of 106 LEs, there are 22 with GY, and 26 with GY or GU.

And Im not sure I understand your point with regards to other dealer websites.

My only point is that you said its impossible to find a Camry LE auto with Side Curtain airbags in So. Cal without and expesive and lenghtly order. Im just saying that to my knowledge, if you are near Carson Toyota, you have at least 26 to choose from. (Though I will agree with you that wider availability of GU would be good).

~alpha
  • Options
    sandgsandg Member Posts: 1
    Got a quote in internet from SoCal dealer for 05 Camry LE with no other options: 36 months, $229/mth plus 7.75% tax, $0 drive off. They insisted that I come to dealer to show all the numbers (residual values, money factor...).
    Is it a good deal?
    Thanks
  • Options
    It doesn't say how many miles are included and what they charge if you go over. Obviously, that is important.
    Also, why would anyone buy a new 2005 car with no side curtain airbags? Everyone cannot go run out and replace their existing cars to get lt, but if you're buying a new car anyway, why not get the airbags?
  • Options
    sandylsandyl Member Posts: 42
    that sounds like a very good deal. I am in the land of "southeast toyota cartel" and the cheapest lease so far is 259/mo sign and drive.

sandy
  • Options
    pat86pat86 Member Posts: 7
    I got the following deal at Hudson Toyota , Jersey City , NJ
    2005 Toyota Camry XLE V6 with the following options
    * GU VSC & Side Airbag Package
    * XV Adjustable Power Accelerator Pedal
    * Floor mats
    * HD Heated Front Seats
    Price : $24704 (after $500.00 rebate)
    Also, the dealer added Lojak for $500.00.
    So the total came up to 24704 + 500 = $25204.00
    The above price does not include Sales Tax (6% in NJ) ,DMV and doc fees (196.00).

Hope this helps someone in the NJ area. Hudson Toyota's price was the lowest that I got in this area.
    Thanks to all the people who had posted the pricing information in the past. It helped me buy this car for a decent price.
    My car will be delivered Monday evening. The car is black color with Stone (leather) interior. I can't wait to get my car. This is my first Toyota.
  • Options
    Thats an excellent price on an excellent vehicle! I hope you are very happy with your choice, pat86... please keep us posted once you take delivery.

~alpha
  • Options
    fredvhfredvh Member Posts: 857
    alpha:
         What is the MSRP of pat86's vehicle, excluding lojak?
  • Options
    The msrp for my car (pat86) from edmunds site is $27680 (without the cargo/floor mats option. I could not find this in edmunds. But according to carsdirect.com , the inv price for this option is $114).
    In any case, you don't want to go by msrp. You want to be as close as possible to the invoice price. This dealership in NJ (hudson toyota) was very aggressive and he gave me $200 break from his original quote if I agreed to by it last night and I did. In addition to this, I refused to pay the doc fees. So he reduced $196.00 from the negotiated price and then added the $196 just to show that he did charge me the doc fees. He did not play games with the price. Also, he had carsdirect.com price and was going below that price. Carsdirect.com had a very competitive price for this car with the options I wanted. I sent a quote request to 4 Toyota dealers via edmunds site. This dealership gave me the quote for the car with all the options I asked for. Where as the others gave me quotes without the options or with incorrect options.
    Hope this helps.

-- Pat86
  • Options
    jhs70jhs70 Member Posts: 213
    Hate to rain on your parade, but here in the DC area, you could have done around $1k better for a similarly equipped vehicle. Toyotas are very competitive in these parts. If you are happy with your deal, then that's all that counts.
  • Options
    What exactly was the value of adding that post besides to make someone feel bad? Seriously, the post clearly states that the area is northern NJ, which to my knowledge is not the DC area. Toyota rebates and incentives, and even invoice pricing vary greatly by region, so the applicability of a DC price means very little to a vehicle sold in the Greater New York region.

Your information would be useful if any of the recent posts centered around that region/distribution, but instead, all that was really accomplished was "raining on someones parade", whether you intended it or not.

Be nice, we're here to help each other...

~alpha
  • Options
    Yes, I know jhs70. This was the best I could do. Thanks to all the information I found on edmunds.com . I am taking delivery of the car tomorrow. I love the car. It is quiet, smooth and a very good family sedan. I can't wait to pick it up.
    -- Pat86
  • Options
    ultratechultratech Member Posts: 142
    2005 LE Auto in Blue
    $17,500 + tax (8.25%), title , fee (50)- 500 rebate
    ______
    $18,600
    Added 7 yr , 100K warranty $900
    Toyota Dealer in Alhambra, CA
  • Options
    jhs70jhs70 Member Posts: 213
    I am a cad, what can I say? I did not intentionally try to make you feel bad, so if that is what I did, please accept my apologies. I've seen other posts in Edmunds (I guess toned nicer) that point out deals that are better than what some have found and that was my simple intention. I will be more careful in the future how I relate that. Again, I'm sorry.
  • Options
    ravikiranravikiran Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,
    I purchased '05 Camry LE Auto for with standard Options for $18600 on the road price in LA. Just wanted to know if It's a good price or not. Please send in your valuable comments.
    Details:
    -------
    Dealer: Thousand Oaks Toyota
    '05 Camry LE with Standard Options
    Price before Tax: $16797
    On the Road Price: $18600

TIA
  • Options
    No problem jhs70. No offense taken.
    I picked up the car today and it is very good. Everyone in my family loves it too. I will have to wait until the weekend to take it for a longer drive.
    -- pat86
  • Options
    tthhhtthhh Member Posts: 1
    Just visit a dealer today. The price of 05 Camry LE with side and curtain airbag is $17000 before tax and $18800 out of door. Is this a good deal? By the way, there are already 400 miles on the car. Is this a problem? Thanks