Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    ajb723ajb723 Member Posts: 61
    It would be best for you to not mention the trade in at all. You are better off selling the old car privately if possible. You will generally get more than the dealer will give you. If you cannot sell privately, m,ention it only after you have agreed on a price for the new car. Otherwise there are too many ways for the dealer to play with you.
    Alan
  • Options
    sonofjaysonofjay Member Posts: 20
    Thanks Dennis. I got Blue Slate on Stone interior. I debated back and forth on the Sports package but am really glad I went with the Sport in the end.

Thanks again for all your help and advice. A bit of story, I pulled my laptop out in the Finance managers office when it came time to sign the deal. No matter how I compared their monthly price it was always higher from what I had agreed too. Was told that in MA fees are required to be paid upfront and that the way they get around not paying them at time of delivery is to increase the cap costs by the same amount. Also not all fees are taxed in MA but when rolled into cap costs the fees were then taxed (as it was the selling price of the car). So not only did it make the numbers not work but in the case of the bank fee which MA taxes I wound up paying tax, financing interest, and then paying tax on it again. So in order to make the numbers match what I had in my spreadsheet (and to avoid paying extra on the taxes and financing) I decide to pay all the fees upfront. Once we did that their numbers matched mine to within 1 cent. Finance manager asked if I was an accountant. :D

My new G is costing me $80/month less than my 2002 BMW was (which I owned) but the G is 10x the car, has a full warranty and won't be in the shop every few months like my 6 year old BMW was.

I'm pretty happy with the whole deal. I've learned that once you know the key parts to look for in a lease they are really not complicated.

Truly appreciate your answers and input. If you lived on the East coast I'd buy you a round of your favorite beverage :)

Thanks! -S

EDIT: The above deal included them bringing the car in from another dealer as they did not have the color/options combination I was looking for on the lot.
  • Options
    simjagsimjag Member Posts: 3
    thanks alan

i have been trying to sell my g35 for the past 3mos on craigslist, with no luck.

anyway, will the dealers ask me if there is a trade in up front? i should try to bargain the price down to bout 500 above invoice (based on fhese forum discussions) , then say that i have a trade in once we have agreed to the selling price?

thanks
  • Options
    missymmissym Member Posts: 10
    I was shopping for 2007 G35 Journey (used) cars when I came across a dealership that had 2008 G35x's for sale. They are priced a little over what I want to spend and I also dont need the AWD (x version of the car). I had heard of a huge auction that took place where a large rental car company sold a lot of their G35's out and it happens that the 2008s were a part of that auction.
    I hope to purchase a car within a week or two and am wondering if I should let this deal go and wait to see what else I can find?

Car:
    2008 G35x Sedan
    Mileage: 7k
    Price: $29,893.00
    Tax: $2370
    Doc Fee: $375

OTD: $32,638

I wanted the OTD price to be 30k but the dealership wouldnt budge and I left. I will continue to shop other lots and maybe check out Acuras, but what do you guys think? Would you have walked out? :confuse:
  • Options
    dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    I always say "I am planning on selling it myself". Then, once you have hammered out a good deal on the new car then tell them you have not been able to sell your car so you may not be able to buy the new one after all - but hey, maybe they can look at it and see what they will give you for it in trade?

This gets the two into separate deals - the low price for the new car and the value of the trade. And you make it clear that while you are ready to sign and buy the new car, you have to get a fair value for your current car first.

You can also take it by CarMax or DriversWay if you have them around where you live and see what they will give you for it.

Dennis
  • Options
    dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 878
    other words, play games with the dealer. Hey why not, they have done it to us for years.
  • Options
    gunit37gunit37 Member Posts: 5
    Hey all, new to this forum. I just bought the G37 Journey over the weekend, came with illuminated splash guards, Nav, Prem, and cargo net. Initial quote was around 38,500, chopped it down to 37,200. Extended warranty was 1650 for the 7 year 100k. Total OTD was 42k. Tax and License was a little more than 3k (from cali). Was this a good deal? Thanks in advance to any helpful responses.
  • Options
    chadh2chadh2 Member Posts: 4
    Just wanted to check to see if anyone out there can confirm Infiniti holdback is 1% or 2%

Thanks
    C
  • Options
    That price sounds amazingly low! Well below invoice and unless there are some type of incentives for dealers, below his cost
  • Options
    Thanks for the response! This is the first time purchasing a car, got a quote off edmunds and took it from there. I actually got 4 dealerships trying to match around that proximity. Didn't know if I could've went below that.
  • Options
    missymmissym Member Posts: 10
    For buying "power" I just wanted to let you know a lot of the g35 infinitis being sold at auctions are from rental car companies. Keep that in mind.
    Here in AZ the 2007 g45 sedands (20k mileage) are going anywhere from 25k-30k.
  • Options
    Do you know how much holdback there was on the deal?

I am working on a G37 deal now -- 41025 MSRP and - per Edmunds Invoice aprox $37500 --- and most of the dealers will not move below - Midwest dealers.

:
  • Options
    Maybe if you agree to a $1700 extended warranty they will lower the price some :D ?

If you can get a new G for invoice less any known incentives for the car, destination, and dealer doc / prep fees you have a good deal. Take it and enjoy your new car. There will always be someone posting a deal that is better than you can get - it is all about where you live and when you buy and what you buy. The other deals may have included a trade in, or taking the dealer's financing (at too high a rate), or taking an extended warranty - or just may be be something you can't duplicate where you live and at the time you want to buy.

Dennis
  • Options
    No, I didn't agree to the extended warranty off the bat. Already had a 40,500 OTD price. The warranty deal, they got me in the Finance office when we were signing everything. I am enjoying my car, just was wondering if I could've gotten below 1000+ invoice. Many friends and family friends are claiming that they usually get about 3k below invoice, but don't know if they are blowing smoke up my rear or whatnot. I am a first time buyer, so just wondering.

As for holdbacks and incentives, I have no idea if any that the dealer had. I took that quote and tried to make another dealer beat it (about 600 below invoice), and the guy looked like he saw a ghost and said he couldn't touch anywhere near that deal.
  • Options
    Did you have a trade? Is this a coupe or sedan?

There are no known incentives HERE and there is not enough hold back to justify the price without some dealer money, trade in, or whatever.

$3k below invoice on what? On a slow mover domestic car that should be no problem, they often have thousands in customer cash to help them sell. Even the Honda Pilot (08 model) has up to $3,500 in incentives on it right now so you can get one nearly $4k under invoice by dealing into the hold back. Don't know if I have seen $3k under invoice on an Infiniti even when they were dumping the previous generation G coupes and sedans. Maybe when the first gen M cars were being closed out they dipped that low?

$3k under MSRP, now that is another story :D .

Dennis
  • Options
    It was a G37 Coupe Journey, with a premium, nav, cargo net, and illuminated splash guards. No trade in.

The 3k under invoice was from people who said they dealt with Mercedes and Honda. Having never bought an Inifiniti nor a new car before, it was quite an experience.

Thanks for all the responses everyone!
  • Options
    orange775orange775 Member Posts: 5
    hi Gunit37,

Your price looks really good before the extended warrant, could you please tell me which CA dealership you purchased your G37 from? I got similar quote, but I don't wan the NAV, instead I requested G37 Journey, Prem, Sports, and Spoiler, they gave me Invoice of $37,725. But since Nav package cost more than Sports, I think your price came out even better than this "invoice" quote. Was your price under invoice?
  • Options
    snopkomjsnopkomj Member Posts: 4
    Any thoughts on when June incentives will be released? What they might be?

Also, curious if anyone can provide the steps on how to calculate the price I should be quoted if I qualify for Plan D of VPP?
  • Options
    Next Monday or Tuesday the new offers should be out.

VPP pricing is really simple to figure and is outlined here on the VPP page. You take the invoice of the car you want (not including destination) and take off 1.65%, then add in any dealer installed options, than add back in 2.5% to that number, then add the destination charge back in . For all but the most loaded up G model you will end up < $300 over invoice.

Dennis
  • Options
    I got it from Mission Viejo Infiniti. My initial quote was actually about 5-600 above invoice, but I was able to bargain it down below that. My advice to you is to get about 4 different quotes from different dealerships, use the lowest one against the others, and see how low you can get it at each one. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    laurasmilelaurasmile Member Posts: 3
    Good morning everyone,

I have been reading the board for the past week and I know a lot more about leasing then I did before...which was basically nothing.

What I am wondering is how do you know when you have a good deal and when to ask for more? I walked into the dealer they quoted me $480 with $2500 down. I saw someone on the boards say if you can afford $480 a month you probably cant afford the G - For some its not about the money but the principle. Im not paying $480 if the last guy that walked out paid $425!!

I walked out on that deal. Next time I walked in they quoted me $435 with $2500 down- not a bad jump considering I hadnt even started negotiating yet. That was for the G35x with premium package. MSRP $37815

Here is what Im working with now:
    G35x premium, nav, cargo net, splash guards
    MSRP $40180
    sales price $36315 ($400 below invoice)
    24 months - 15k miles
    $2066 out of pocket
    I used residual 70% and mf .00131 (both of which I was able to get here)
    tax .08625

I added the bank fee of $595 to the sales price = $36910 and I ran the numbers in the lease calculator - which I also got here. The total monthly charge I got was $557.41 with $2066 down or $590.44 with no money down.

She offered $423 a month - given those numbers I cant see how it makes any sense unless Im going about this all wrong.

Can any of you leasing gurus offer valuable imput? Are my calculations correct? Is it a good deal? Anyone seen better?

Thank you,

Laura
    Long Island NY

Did I mention I was able to get a coupon for $150 off your best negotiated deal??
    Im keeping that one in my back pocket till all is said and done! Every little bit helps!
  • Options
    webcamswebcams Member Posts: 3
    First Stop this forum; Second Experian to get a credit score.

Armed with all the information I needed I went for the lease special but after reading how much people loved the Rear View Camera and the Ipod I decided to get those option packages as well. I compared local Internet departments prices read the bad and good experiences at dealers, I finally picked the dealer Metro Infiniti in Monrovia, CA 91016.

My Salesman was great honest I told him the down the price I needed what he quoted me was what I paid for a two year lease a Black G35 Including Tax $438.00 Per Month 12k miles. It has the rear view camera Ipod Navigation Heated seats Splash guards etc. $2500 Cash Down.

He was very accurate with his quote the car was available and he even suggested the two year lease vs the 3 so I can upgrade to the Hard Top Convertible G37.

It actually took me longer to turn in my lease at the GMC dealer next door then it did to sign the papers for the New Lease.

Red and chrome the G37 sat in the middle of the showroom floor and It was very difficult to walk away from such a beautiful car, but knowing I will soon be in a hard top convertible G37 made it ok.

The car is awesome the dealership experience was great I couldn't be happier.
  • Options
    orange775orange775 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks so much for your reply. So you had to talk the price down when you were at the dealership? Or did you get your quote via email in ahead of time? I'm looking to buy at Northern California, but the best price I got so far is at Invoice. I've read others in this forum have gotten cheapers (like yours), can you or anyone else forward me their email quotation that is below invoice? Really appreciated it!
  • Options
    bdabbdab Member Posts: 7
    The info on this board has been very helpful. I have been researching / shopping for G37 6MT in NJ for about a month and am very excited to be at the point that I am ready to get one.

I notice that the invoice / MSRP prices I got today differ a bit from those when I started. I also notice the Edmunds site has N/A for invoice prices for this car. A dealer told me the most recent inventory has a 3rd price increase.
    Here is what I got from 2 dealers as the price reflecting this most recent increase:
    Base Price: 33,284 invoice (previously 32,917)
    Premium Pkg: 2,757
    Nav: 1,896
    Splash Guards: 158
    Illum Kick Plates: 270
    Cargo Net: 43
    Trunk Mat: 70
    Destination: 765 (previously 715)
    TOTAL 39,243 (MSRP 43,060)

Is this consistent with what others are seeing?
    2 weeks ago, when I last checked, Edmunds had 38,826 as the invoice total for these selections.

One dealer has given me a "below invoice" sales price of 38,943 - he said they are willing to go 300 below invoice because of other incentives they get from Infiniti.

Another dealer had the same invoice price and MSRP. He said he is unaware of any incentives and can't understand how anyone can go below invoice. The best this dealer could do was 250 over invoice or 39,493.

They both seem like good deals IF the invoice price is accurate. The below invoice price deal just sounds too good to be true AND that dealer had to locate the car for me in the color I wanted. Both dealers say they will show me the invoices. Is this reliable or could they be changing something?

I am leasing and have verified the money factors and residuals as not marked up and the fees are in line w what is typically charged in this area. I used my own lease calculator to verify the monthly amounts add up. Both dealers are using IFS for the lease. Since I have been dealing by e mail / phone, I am suspicious that things might change when I get into the dealer.

Any thoughts?
    Finally, is there anyway to get those useless "port installed options" removed?
    Any help will be much appreciated.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    Something is wrong with your calculations. Their numbers seem to be right.

MSRP $40180
    sales price $36315 ($400 below invoice)
    24 months - 15k miles
    $2066 out of pocket
    I used residual 70% and mf .00131 (both of which I was able to get here)
    tax .08625 added the bank fee of $595 to the sales price = $36910

Gave me monthly payment of $490 including tax.

$423/month seem to be about right with $850 cap cost reduction.
    Check what $2,066 actually consists of. All in all this is a great deal.
  • Options
    leitrim1880leitrim1880 Member Posts: 7
    Can someone help me with current invoice for a g37 journey and current dealer holdback. Other contributors and the Infiniti dealer prices published last Summer show dealer invoice at $32,184. However, I have read there was a $250 increase in Jan. and perhaps another $300 increase in May. The dealer holdback is always difficult to pin down. One contributor said it was 2.5%. Consumer reports lists it at a mere $357!! I am about to begin negotiating with dealers here in Calif. but prefer the most up to date bottom line figures to use. Thanks for helping.
  • Options
    lakeshor_junkylakeshor_junky Member Posts: 17
    are from one Infiniti dealer to another? One dealer is telling me it will cost $1100 to transport the car I want to his dealership. Of course I don't know if that is BS or not. Obviously there is a cost but $1100? TIA
  • Options
    alessiocesaralessiocesar Member Posts: 21
    leitrim1880,

I'm in the same boat with you. I'm looking to purchase a 2008 new G37 Journey with only premium packet. Last week I got an offer for 39K OTD but wanted to wait for the June incentives. Unfortunately I see none as of now. Also I'm tempted to wait for the AWD 2009 model. I live in Ohio and I'm afraid of the rear wheel drive for the winter time.
    If I hear anything else I will let you know. Please do the same.

Thanks,
    AC
  • Options
    It depends on how far it is and how they move it.

Normally for high end cars they flat bed them and in these days of super high gas / diesel prices that cost is even higher. If you don't mind all those miles on your "new" car it is a lot cheaper to have someone drive it over but you could end up with a good number of miles and perhaps some paint chips before you buy it.

What you could do is find the car for yourself and work out a deal with the dealer that has it in stock. It might be a lot cheaper for you to fly or drive out and drive it back yourself.

Finally, the stocking dealer may be one that adds a lot of crap-o-la to each of their cars (wheel locks, wind deflectors, clear bra, nitrogen fill, etc) and even though their price for these is a rip off your dealer still has to pay them something extra for these. So the combination of transport and dealer added stuff may run the price up to $1.1k .

Dennis
  • Options
    Guys,

Here is what I got from edmunds.com as far as G37 pricing change (invoice N/A):

"Prices were recently updated by Infiniti and we are still in the process of updating our information. Invoice pricing will be on available on 6/5/08. In the meantime, here is pricing on the 2008 Infiniti G37 Journey: MSRP $35650 and Invoice $32780. Thank you for your patience. "

AC
  • Options
    Just do like I do - use carsdirect.com for invoice pricing. They always include the destination charge in the MSRP and invoice prices (as you should) and are always much more up to date. The best part is they enforce the option requirements - you can't select the nav pack unless you have the premium pack, etc.

I just checked and they show $36,415 MSRP and $33,545 Invoice both including the $765 destination charge - which matches what you had to pry out of Edmunds via e-mail and extra effort :D .

Dennis
  • Options
    leitrim1880leitrim1880 Member Posts: 7
    alessiocesar; Thanks for the response. I have received some info there may be some new incentives for the g37/g35 out tomorrow or Wed. If I lived in snow country I would wait for the AWD. Also, I read there may be a convertible g37 out in 2009. I will keep you posted re invoice and holdbacks as I receive info. Have a good day! Do you have a breakdown of your OTD $39000 offer you can share???
  • Options
    in Houston (which is 5 1/2 hours from my home). I have corresponded with 4 seperate dealers (4 closest to me) 1 in New Orleans metro area (my area), 1 in Baton Rouge (60 miles away), 1 in Mobile, AL and one in Jackson, MS (both 3 hours away). I got the first quote from the closest dealer, $38500 in Houston (which is a 5 1/2 hour drive from my home) which I thought was horrible (and you confirmed). I got nearly the exact same quote from the dealer in Mobile except they seemed willing to work on it. The closer dealer quoted me one price and wouldn't move a dime. The Mobile dealer said the invoice on the car they are offering is $36089. Edmunds doesn't have an invoice for this car so I'm blind there but I think $36K is close. If $1100 is the transportation fee to Mobile I should be able to save that minus a tank of gas back from Houston. I'll drive 5-6 hours to save $1000. My credit rating is in the high 700s so I should expect tier 1 financing right? I would like to do 36 month, 12K miles. Do you know what factor and residual I can use to calcuate? Someone mentioned that putting money down on a lease is a bad idea, any reason you know of for that? Thanks so much for your help.
  • Options
    corrocorro Member Posts: 4
    My calculations say I paid about invoice + 300. They threw in 2 oil changes, all weather mats, first aid kit and the salesman gave me a dozen roses to take to my wife who couldn't make it to the dealership. Nice touch.
    I never felt pressured and I am a fidgetty buyer. It truly was the easiest buying experience I have had thus far when it comes to cars.
    Dealer is Infiniti North Shore. I highly recommend them
  • Options
    Carsdirect.com should have the current invoice price. If the car you are looking at has a cheaper MSRP than shown, then it is a pre price increase car and you should drop the current invoice to match the differences in the MSRP.

Any money you put down into a lease is likely to be lost of the car it stolen or totalled. Most folks recommend no more than first payment at signing or maybe first payment and chump things like DMV, etc. The lower the MF the less you should but into the lease in any case - use the bank's money and not yours.

My salesperson said today the lease MF and residuals for June are the same as May. The May rates are posted over in the G lease forum.

Dennis
  • Options
    dmarty1dmarty1 Member Posts: 11
    I have been looking for a loaded g37 with all the options +active steer...I have been told that the car I want has a list price of 46,810. And the out the door price would be high 43's. Like a buck below 44 grand...I can't believe that with almost 17 grand of options I cant do any better than that. Also is it true that the 09 G37 coupe will have AWD? Any help would be greatly apreiated...
  • Options
    Could you please elaborate on the offer? I understand you purchased. What G37 and options...

I agree nice touch with the roses...

Thanks,
    AC
  • Options
    corrocorro Member Posts: 4
    it is a G35 AWD, tech package, nav, and sport wheels. 37,250.
    On my first tank I got 20.3 miles 50% hwy.
  • Options
    The active steer is a big time waste of your money, you can drop that right off to lower your price. The invoice on cars is available everywhere on the web these days.

A G37 journey with nav, tech, premium, active steer, sport pack, kick plates, splash guards, trunk mat, and cargo net is $46,810 MSRP and $42,446 Invoice.

If you got it for invoice you would still have to pay your DMV and taxes and I have no idea how much those are. If your taxes were a modest 5% you would be over $44k.

Dennis
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. I am a disabled vet and I had Prelude with 4WS. It worked very well for me as any input greater than 270 degrees on the steering wheel would turn the back wheels 5 degrees in the opposite direction. The car turned on a dime and parking was easier. The Prelude had a manual system that connected a shaft from the power steering to a little gear box that looked like a tiny rear end at the back wheels. I don't know how the infinity's system works but it is an expensive option(1300). Also if anyone knows how many miles should be on a car if the dealer has not let anyone test drive the car? It always irritated me when a salesperson would prompt you to get on a new car to see how fast it was. Sorry just venting...Dmarty
  • Options
    There is an article about it at this link. I appears that it would help you turn sharper at low speeds, but it is a still an expensive option and "one more thing to break" down the road :D .

Normally under 10 or 20. The dealer normally does a pre-delivery inspection which involves a short road test before the car is offered for sale. Everyone wants to buy a zero mile car and everyone wants to test drive before they buy. The net result is that most "new cars" will have test drive miles on them.

Dennis
  • Options
    Saw it posted on the web, so it must be true :D .

The 09 G sedan will get the 3.7L motor and will now be called the G37 sedan. The auto tranny models will get 7 speeds for 09 and there are other more minor changes.

Note that the G37 coupe is heavier than the sedan, so I would think any performance gains of the slightly larger motor will be eaten up with the extra weight. The new automatic might be worth the wait if you (like most of the buyers) don't want the row it yourself 6mt.

Dennis
  • Options
    Guys,

I think many people posted a somehow similar question but never saw an answer for this.

It seems like there will be a G37 AWD for 2009? Is it true? Any major changes other than the AWD? When is it due?

I'm in the market to purchase a G37 Journey w/premium. The only thing that kept me away is the rumor about 2009 AWD model. I live in Ohio and this is going to be the :confuse: second car not third. I wonder how bad is RWD in the winter for G37. Some people say that because of the advanced technology and weight distribution is NOT as bad as it used to be. Supposedly is close to FWD on snow. Is it true?

Please advice.

Thank you,
    AC

PS: Some people like Dennis on this forum seem to have all (or almost all) the answers. I'd appreciate any feedback.
  • Options
    Thanks again Dennis,

Post was informative. Found out some additional info. Unlike the Honda system that mechanically turned the rear wheel up to 5degree in the same direction as the fronts with up to 270 degrees input on the steering wheel then then swung the rear wheels up to 5degrees in the opposite direction of the front wheels when > 270 degrees input on the steering wheel. The Infinity system when activated only swings the rear wheels 2 degrees in the same direction as the front wheels. Increasing High speed stability but not helping you much with U-turns or parking. Well now you all know more than you ever wanted to know on the subject. :confuse:
    Dmarty
  • Options
    Well, I can't find neither the invoice price on carsdirect or the May rates for resid and MF on the G lease forum. I'm obviously not doing this right. I did get an offer from one of the original dealers of $562+tax for 36 month or $539+tax for 39 months with the only money due at signing being the first payment. Both are 12K miles. The car is a G35 w/NAV, premium and sport packages with the cargo net and trunk mat.
  • Options
    I would not think there would be that much of a market for an AWD coupe, but you never know. If I were buying a G and not leasing one, I would just get the sedan. The coupe is a bit more powerful (until the G37 sedan arrives, I guess) but carries extra weight. So you really do not get any more performance and less trunk space and a tiny back seat - looks (to some) cooler to have a coupe. I am an old guy, but the coupe insurance is a bit more than sedan would have been. The younger you are or worse your driving record the more the difference is likely to be.

I got a G37 because I lease and I could not find a 6mt sedan in the colors I wanted equipped like I wanted - even after months of searching. The higher residual of the coupe offsets the higher price at invoice and makes them close to a wash (depending on the current lease numbers) for leasing VS a sedan. For BUYING, you can save thousands by getting the sedan. Build one virtually both ways and you will see.

My loaded up 6mt coupe (nav / tech / premium / splash / mat / net) would invoice for $39,964 including dest with today's prices. Build up a 6mt sedan with the same options and invoice is $36,354. So you would pay $3,610 more at invoice to have 2 fewer doors - and no trunk CD changer, ease-out feature, narrower cabin, etc.

I have a coupe, but like I said for folks buying for the long haul you can save a lot of money and have more space getting the sedan. Note that the coupes do hold more value down the road when you are ready to sell or trade them, but I would not worry about that. If you lease, then it may be a toss up. Get the G35x sedan and don't worry about it :D .

In any case, a good set of dedicated snow tires on spare rims are the ticket to happy driving in the snow - no matter what car you have. All season tires are compromise tires - not good on dry, wet, or snow.

Dennis
  • Options
    Dennis,

Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it. I agree with you as far as G35 sedan. However I always wanted a sports car, just not looking for a sedan now...Wonder why the coupe is heavier?? My main concern is driving on the snow with RWD..If I end up getting the coupe I will definetely get performance tires for both summer and winter (the pkg + extra winter)..You think that why I shouldn't be concerned about the snow even with RWD? I currently have a 4 runner but I always engage 4x4 on snow. Besides that I had an old thunderbird(90) and tell you I was NOT too happy on wet or snow with it. That is why I'm scared..

Thanks,
    AC
  • Options
    Drive them back to back, the sedan drives and handles just like the coupe - but it is your money if you want to spend the extra :D .

When I had a C5 'vette and an M5 at the same time I picked up a cheap Subaru AWD for snow days. That works best of all and keeps the nice cars safe at home. I drove the scooby a few years then traded it on an xB which I equip for with 4 snow tires for winter driving.

Getting spare snows to fit over the large sports pack (or 6mt) rotors will be spendy - ditto the duplicate TPMS sensors. The cheapest 18" package I found on TireRack is $1,557 plus tax and shipping for tires, cheap alloys, and sensors. There is a note that says you have to have the dealer register the sensors to the car. I would wonder if that would erase the sensors in the OEM tires from the car's memory. If so you are looking at 2 trips to the dealer per year and I am sure they will charge for this.

A winter beater or G35x does not sound that bad, does it?

Dennis
  • Options
    Oouch..Forgot about the TPMS sensors. Well another reason to wait for AWD or just go with all season tires..After all I don't need to compete with my coupe on a Formula 1 race...

G35 does sound good tough.

Thanks,
    AC
  • Options
    bdabbdab Member Posts: 7
    Closed a deal this past Saturday in NJ for a G37 6MT with Nav, Premium, Splash, Cargo Net, Trunk Mat & Wheel Locks.

MSRP $43,060
    Invoice $39,243
    Sales Price $38,943
    24 Month Lease w/ the following fees:
    Bank Fee $595.00
    Doc Fee $199.00
    Tax on Fees $55.58
    DMV Fees $275.00
    Tire Tax $7.50
    Paid $966.70 at signing
    24 Mo lease w/ 12K miles = $488.93 a month includes tax
    I did a lot of research and think this is a pretty good deal. The dealer had to get the car from a neighboring state and didn't tack on any charge for that.