Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    nj_dannyboynj_dannyboy Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the response. I am clearly over anlayzing this so I appreciate the reality check.

The inovice on this car is $38,942 with the mentioned options. Dealers are getting $2,500 manuf. support. If the dealer is willing to pass that on in full, that should put you in the neighborhood of $36,500. Therefore, my dealer's offer of $36,000 seems to be fair for an 2009 G37xS. I am just not sure if other dealers (at least in the NY Metro area) are getting even more aggressive. I am also concerned that this discount, while fair, is not enough to account for the depreciation hit the car will take when the 2010's hit the showroom.

As for the TSX, I was looking at the new V6 since that is the closest comparison. The 4cyl TSX does not compare. After driving and researching both, the G37 is a much better car than a similarly equipped TSX V6. The ride quality, handling, brakes, materials and "fun" factor on the G37 are are a cut or two above this version of the TSX. The TSX is a very nice car, but it did not handle half as well as the G37. I felt that the G37, especially, with the all wheel drive was more sure footed on the road and made me feel safer. If I can get an 2009 G37xS at only a slight premium over a similarly equipped 2010 TSX, I will go with the G37.
  • Options
    corndoggcorndogg Member Posts: 3
    I see there are dealer incentives for some of the G37s. Do the coupes have anything for them or should I be targeting a selling price closer to invoice? I am leaning towards leasing so I'm not sure if any incentives are available with a special money factor.

Thanks
  • Options
    snoopdawgsnoopdawg Member Posts: 25
    corndog, go to edmunds.com click on new cars, put in your zip, look for rebates/incentives it'll show you all that is available.

Coupe rebates are @4500 right now. So you should aim at invoice - rebates for an ok deal or invoice - rebates otd + ttl for a great deal. you can get some lease breaks too. If you have good credit and cash in on 4,500 rebate and get a 3.7% rate from Bank of America (800+ credit) it may be worth to consider buying.

Check out truecar.com for more info.

here is a sample of rebates in my area.
    http://www.edmunds.com/new/2009/infiniti/g37/101114934/incentives.html?vdp=off&s- - etzip=33611&state=FL
  • Options
    kshankarkshankar Member Posts: 175
    If you do not mind traveling, Infiniti of Norwood in Massachusetts, is offering $7K off MSRP of all instock G37 convertibles. If you fly in , you can drive it back before winter sets in. Even if you have to ship it, it might be worth it.
  • Options
    arosenbearosenbe Member Posts: 2
    First time poster, great forum--I watch obsessively before making my purchase. Don't let anyone tell you that they're not dealing on convertibles, at least in New England. At least two dealers in Fairfied County, CT were willing to sell any 'vert in stock at invoice. I wound up with a Black/Slate with tech, nav, premium and splash guards for exactly invoice, plus $140 dealer conveyence, pretty standard for CT. Disappointed in Infiniti USA that even the $500 dealer incentive has been pulled. Dealers up here have lots of inventory on 'verts, but they're really not moving.
  • Options
    hiestrollerhiestroller Member Posts: 2
    I spoke to Norwood. They're offering 6K off of MSRP on G37x.

I'd like to find one of those 32-33k deals on a G37x AWD w/sport, navigation & premium package that MSRPs for 42480.

If you know of a place, please post.
  • Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    I spoke to Norwood. They're offering 6K off of MSRP on G37x.

I'd like to find one of those 32-33k deals on a G37x AWD w/sport, navigation & premium package that MSRPs for 42480.

If you know of a place, please post.

...keep dreaming...you probably can get a used '08 G35x AWD w/sport, navigation & premium package for 32K.
  • Options
    members78members78 Member Posts: 140
    on my x coupe I managed $8,225 off MSRP. when i add the $500 amex and Obama sales tax credit, i will have saved over $9000 off MSRP.
  • Options
    Well, he was thinking about 10k off MSRP plus the sedan has 2000 less incentive than the coupe...so, if we compare to your coupe, this is like 12K off MSRP.
  • Options
    that's true. it would be an amazing feat to haggle 10k off MSRP for a sedan considering the current incentives. but it's end of the year and strange things can happen! (dont count on it, though)
  • Options
    suehansuehan Member Posts: 12
    Do you have a Costco price for 2009 G37? I'd like to get that. Thanks!
  • Options
    Does your $31,396 include TT&L and destination? Thanks!
  • Options
    would you please let us know when those incentives kick in and how much? i'm looking to buy one in Dec. i'm in Dallas. thanks so much!
  • Options
    thanks!
  • Options
    ultrad2ultrad2 Member Posts: 3
    I had to write to thank everyone here for their help!! I just bought a new g37x sedan with premium and wood interior for 33,900 plus taxes title etc.
    I have been lurking at this site and a few others for a while learning about the car. Once I made the decision on the car I used this thread to get an idea on what I should pay. Last Sunday I emailed 10 dealerships within 150 miles of my upstate NY location and offered to pay no more than 33,900 for the car. Within an hour I had acceptance and by Monday I had 5 with others on the line. I never got anyone down from that price more than 200 dollars, from that price and all but one were throwing in trunk mats and mud flaps. I had to take what they had on the lot for that price or they were going to charge me to get me other colors. I was only limited by the wood interior.( I know that the wood is a rip for 500, but I liked it better than the chrome.)
    I ended up choosing a sandstone color. I didn't think I liked it until I went to a dealership to see one in person.
    In any case thank-you everyone for your help. I was offered 2700 under invoice with your help. I know that this is not the best deal in the country, but I also know that it was a good price for the car. It was also great, for me to work this way. I had them calling(e-mailing) and bidding for my sale. A couple of dealerships got angry. Some said I was lying or that someone else was lying to me. I just stopped working with them.
    I picked up the car Saturday morning. Six days after starting the process and that was with the Thanksgiving Holiday!

I now just have to try to behave while I break this thing in. I
  • Options
    dragonfishdragonfish Member Posts: 6
    I just bought an '09 g37 journey sedan w/nav, premium, and sport packages for $35,353+TTL in the Bay Area. I was hoping to get the 3.9% financing for 72 months, but the dealer insisted that they could not offer the 3.9% financing for the price, so I agreed to 4.4% financing for 60 months. I think it's a pretty good deal, but maybe others will find better deals. Just wanted to share my experience since the posts on this forum have been very helpful.
  • Options
    ultrad2ultrad2 Member Posts: 3
  • Options
    hiestrollerhiestroller Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a g37xs yesterday. If anyone still has the amex rebate & would like to partner, please email me @ h_earnhardt@hotmail.com.
  • Options
    sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    I will post them on the board when I get them.
  • Options
    hgreeleyhgreeley Member Posts: 1
    ***This is not thread specific but I have been following this thread and thought I would just ask it here hoping someone like Sewellsgm can answer:

I’m looking to take advantage of the great deals available right now and pick up a G37x coupe. However, I am just turned 21 and have no listed job in my credit report. I do, however, play online poker while attending school and will be paying taxes on about 80K worth of income for this year. I could pay cash for the car outright but that would be a large hit to my bankroll that I don’t want to make. I’m looking to put about 16000 down and fiancé the rest (about 20000) over 48 months. Any opinions on whether I would qualify without a “specific job”?

My credit score according to Equifax is 735, I have 4 credit cards with no debt and never missed a payment etc. but no official job

thanks
  • Options
    woj207woj207 Member Posts: 54
    ***This is not thread specific but I have been following this thread and thought I would just ask it here hoping someone like Sewellsgm can answer:

You sound like my brother. Except he's never made more than 5k a year playing poker.
  • Options
    IFS has a great "College Grad" program; however, you must be within 6 months of graduating or 2 yrs out of college (2.5 year window).

If not, they will consider you since you have money to put down and high credit scores, but if your not in that window - you may need a co-signer.

Full Tilt for me :)
  • Options
    G37S Coupe with Premium and Navi 36,502 OTD. So invoice - rebates OTD (+ttl)

3K for her trade in of a 99 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with ~90k miles, within $150 of the KBB "excellent" value (the car was in pretty good shape)

Not having to hustle with selling the GTP on our own... Priceless :)

The deals are so good my wife couldn't pass up. She was looking at an A4 but the 4500 rebates on the coupe won her over.

On a lighter side, the same sales guy sold us 3 09 G37S coupes this year, my original 09 in January, then a replacement for my totaled G earlier this month and finally the last one today :)
  • Options
    dakineguydakineguy Member Posts: 46
    I am ready to pull the trigger on a new 2009 G37x in Southern California. I want premium, navigation and technology packages along with wood trim and alarm impact sensor. What is the best pricing that I can expect? I am willing to pay cash or finance through Infiniti Finance.

I understand that there is a Dealer Holdback credit of $2,500. I assume dealer will pass to me.

Appreciate your feedback.
  • Options
    d2kd2k Member Posts: 5
    I see that there was manufacturer incentive to dealers of 2.5K which supposedly ended Nov. 30. Is that still going to be available? Local dealers still have inventory of several 2009 G37s
  • Options
    navyboytxnavyboytx Member Posts: 2
    Looking to lease a 2009 G37 Convertible.
    BASE $43,850
    NAV $1,850 NAVIGATION
    PRM $3,250 PREMIUM PACKAGE
    SGD $200 SPLASH GUARDS
    TEC $1,150 TECHNOLOGY PACKAG
    50S 0 $0 50 STATE EMISSION
    Freight Charge $865
    Total $51,165 MSRP

I want to lease for 39 months, and have great credit and have a 2007 G35S lease now.
    What is a typical moneyfactor I should be getting? and residual?
  • Options
    I don't know where you saw that but the current incentive is good till Jan. 4.
  • Options
    d2kd2k Member Posts: 5
    Thanks,

I got my info. on the dealer marketing support from the edmunds site, but I see that is changed now to show an expiration in Jan.

However, the AMEX $500/$150 promo for buyer/current owner appears to have expired

https://www.nnainfo.com/Rewards/datacapture.html.
  • Options
    No change from November - the stocking levels are right about where Infiniti wants them as they sell down these remaining 2009s and get ready for the 2010s.

G sedan - Special Rates or $2500 dealer cash
    G coupe - Special Rates w/ $1500 or $4500 dealer cash
    G convertible - nothing

In Texas, there are sales tax credits on all 3 lines.

Guys, if you are in the market for a G - it is time to go get one, the incentives won't get any better and the selection will start to dwindle by the end of the month. Enjoy your car - they are worth MSRP in my opinion! ;)

PS We sold 82 Infinitis in November, finished #2 in the Nation behind Inf of Coconut Creek in Florida - so we do a lot of transactions. Our average (key word) transaction price was $1543 below invoice on the G sedan - this is just so you guys have a bench mark on deals that are happening. For the most part, educated buyers such as yourself should do better than average. :)
  • Options
    woj207woj207 Member Posts: 54
    Hey Sewellgsm,

Any word on when 2010 pricing will come out? Do you think it might come out tonight with the introduction of the M and G37 Sedan in Beverly Hills?

From what I've read, it seems that some of the upgrades in the 2010 G37 sedans, are worth waiting for (from my perspecitve), along with what is currently available in 2009 inventory.

Do you have any insight? or would that compromise the sale of the remaining 2009's?
  • Options
    wynand32wynand32 Member Posts: 11
    I'm not sure what the following means:

"So you should aim at invoice - rebates for an ok deal or invoice - rebates otd + ttl for a great deal. you can get some lease breaks too."

Can someone decipher what the difference is between the "ok deal" described here and the "great deal."

Thanks!
  • Options
    jonas4jonas4 Member Posts: 17
    What was the average transaction price (in relationship to invoice) on the sedan where the customer is not taking the special Infiniti financing?

Since the new G Sedan is being unveiled tonight, still no news on pricing???
  • Options
    Here in Florida dealers add on dealer fees (anywhere between $500 and $900) depending on dealer and once on their bill of sale they can not remove the fee and everybody has to be charged the same fee. In order not to pay this dealer fee you need to negotiate to below invoice so that when the fee is added it ends up a wash.

To answer your question. To me the difference between ok and great deal is not having to pay any additional fees the dealer wants to charge you, in my case $599. So if your Out The Door (otd) price is invoice - rebates, you got a great deal. If your OTD is invoice - rebates + dealer fee, you got an OK deal.

This is just my opinion of what a good vs a great deal is, I'm sure other people have different opinions. My experience is limited to having bought 2 G coupes in Florida last month and another one last January.

Hope that clears it up for you.
  • Options
    I have not any pricing - yet. When I do, I will post it - word is the car should be several hundred dollars more than the 2009. :(
  • Options
    Just add $2500 to the number I posted earlier, so it is $957 over invoice (remember this is an average and 90% of our customers do not visit forums like this).

Still no news on pricing for 2010.
  • Options
    rusduderusdude Member Posts: 41
    SewellGSM, when you get info on pricing, could you also let us know when '10 sedans will start arriving? Since you're #2, you'll probably get a first crack at them, but given that prices didn't go down even $500 (to make up for the AMEX incentive), it looks like Infiniti isn't rushing them to the showrooms.

Also, since I didn't follow the prices in the beginning of the year, what discount off MSRP are we looking at for 2010 - $0?

Overall, it looks like October-November was actually the best time to buy since there was a chance of getting AMEX card, taking advantage of federal tax deduction (important in Texas where we don't have state income tax), and availability was better. :(
  • Options
    mefromflmefromfl Member Posts: 32
    I'm from florida also, when i check for incentives on edmunds.com it doesn't show anything like $4500 off rebate.

I got an offer $33450++L for a coupe with prem and nav, is that a good price?

What's the invoice on these? the one with nav and prem?
  • Options
    antonio1antonio1 Member Posts: 27
    What dealer in Florida are you getting that quote???? I live in Fl and want to get a coupe.
    Thanks
  • Options
    Infinity of Tampa, why is that a good deal?
  • Options
    antonio1antonio1 Member Posts: 27
    Is this the price for a 2009 G37 Coupe journey with Prem & Nav???? $33450.00?????
  • Options
    Generally, Infiniti gets the new vehicles "staged" - for us it is in Midlothian, TX (somewhere close enough to the dealers the vehicles can be trucked in). Then, when Infiniti is ready - they release a few of the new models to all dealers on the same day for the most part, then the larger dealers will continue to get them. Size doesn't have any real impact on who gets them first (maybe a day ahead, but no big deal).

The market will determine the discount at first. We, the dealers, will ask MSRP - if people buy them then there will be no discount; however, if no one buys - dealers will start to discount - so it just depends on how bad you want one. If you wait till March - you will get a couple of thousand off, by then Infiniti may even have some incentives.

The AMEX was no big deal - I'd say less than 1% of customer got a referral code - I got more codes off this site and gave to people I liked than people brought in on their own. :)
  • Options
    Seems a bit too good. That car (G37 coupe - Prm Pkg & Nav) will MSRP around $43,000 so invoice will be around $39,800 so even if you got all $4500 dealer cash - that would be $35,300....so ummmm - if you can get it below that - go get it.
  • Options
    yes, this is the price they quoted me for

$42,975-MSRP
    Liquid Platinum/Graphite Interior
    Premium Package
    Navigation Package
    Trunk Cargo Net

Best price we can do is: $33,495+tax,tag&fees.
  • Options
    Seems a bit too good. That car (G37 coupe - Prm Pkg & Nav) will MSRP around $43,000 so invoice will be around $39,800 so even if you got all $4500 dealer cash - that would be $35,300....so ummmm - if you can get it below that - go get it.
  • Options
    are you kidding? that is an awesome deal!. I know the car you're talking about, my wife test drove it last Wednesday, had < 15miles on it, but she wanted a white one with graphite so the the dealer had to ship it from another dealer.

If they are really giving it to you for 33,495 and it's the car you want it seems like a no brainer... They have very few G coupe's left in inventory so i guess they are trying to clear the lot for the 2010's?

As far as rebates go there were two, $3000 or financing and $1500. The $1500 expired on 11/30 but I think infiniti is putting it back in for December.
  • Options
    jonas4jonas4 Member Posts: 17
    Nissan NA just released November sales figures.G Sedan sales were down 40% for November compared to November 2008 (which itself wasn't a good sales month). Coup sales were up 23% for November. No doubt in my mind the $4500 incentives on the coup explains the difference. Logic tells me that since there are still plenty of 2009 G Sedans on the lots, there will be additional incentives to move them out in order to make room for the 2010s. BUT, not all things are logical. If anyone bought or was looking this same time last year, do you recall if there were additional year end incentives or if dealers were otherwise aggressively slashing prices? Does Infiniti ever put out new incentives mid-month? It seems the longer I wait to decide whether to buy, the harder it's getting! I hate the thought of buying a 2009, only to have additional incentives come out a week later.
  • Options
    zimme333zimme333 Member Posts: 10
    Just wanted to return the favor and post the deal I helped my sister get on a 2009 G37x (AWD) Black/Graphite Coupe w/Prem Pkg, Nav, Illuminated Kick Plates, and Trunk Cargo Net:

MSRP: $45,155
    Invoice: $41,432
    Price Paid: $37,900 + TTL + $75 dealer doc fee

She traded in a VW Passatt and received about $300 less than "Excellent" condition which was fair.

Thanks again to Edmunds.com and this forum in particular for helping her save $7,200 off MSRP and $3,500 off invoice!

fyi, the dealer was Infiniti of Bloomington (Minnesota).
  • Options
    are you trading something in?
  • Options
    33,495 is a really good price on that car. that's below invoice, and if you believe what a few others say on this site, the dealer is taking a loss on it. my only concern is the miscellaneous fees... how much are they? most dealer fees are simply profit. however, at about 1k below invoice, i doubt the fee amounts would negate the incredible deal you were presented.
  • Options
    wynand32wynand32 Member Posts: 11
    Jonas4 - I know exactly how you feel. I've gotten what I think is a decent offer ($31,750 for a G37 Sedan Journey w/Premium after incentives), but I just wonder if Infiniti's not going to do something more before the end of the year to blow out the remaining 2009 sedans. There seem to be quite a few left on the lot.

It's driving me crazy--wait, and go crazy? Or buy now and kick myself in a week when I could have saved $1000...??? :-)