Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    savetheicesavetheice Member Posts: 10
    Snoopdawg, thanks for the reply. No need for the whole S/N, I just need the plant code (digit 11) and if your S/N is above or below 100,000. I'm working with my local, he knew the dealership I was talking about and then also offer to look all over the county to find "my car."

I not going to argue over $200 or so, but I was getting quotes from CA for a grand less shipped than my local when i was look at the 7AT. So, i'm not sure he's level. The other locals are about 20mi away.
  • Options
    snoopdawgsnoopdawg Member Posts: 25
    Both cars from the Nov purchase have plant code M. Both cars have 606xxx numbers. One has a manufacturing date of sept, the other of oct.

The 09 i bought in January that got totaled was also plant code M and had a S/N of 603xxx

you are looking for a coupe, right?

The "check digit" on one is 8 vs the other two are 5 which is kind of odd.

If you're not getting what you want form "your" local dealer talk to the others in your area, some may want your business more than others. These aren't rare collectibles, they are very soon to be 1year old "new" cars and you should be getting a deal. Walk in there with a check book and your own financing and it may be a little harder for them to let you and your money walk out the door, but know your bottom line and the exact car you want so that if you don't get what you want, you do leave and don't settle for a deal you're not happy with.
  • Options
    d2kd2k Member Posts: 5
    I have been offered the following deal for a G37x All wheel drive (2009), with the following optional equipment for 37500 out the door (including $390 fees which includes two years tags, 6% Maryland tax)

P01 Premium Package
    U01 Navigation Package
    B94 Splash Guards
    T93 Trunk Mat
    N93 Trunk Cargo Net

By my calculations, that works up to a mark up of about $650 or so ...

(The invoice with those options is 38033. Taking off the 3500 marketing support, we get a price of 34533.

Maryland tags are $128 and I would be willing to pay $50 for them to take care of paper work. So their mark-up on the fee is about $210.)
  • Options
    savetheicesavetheice Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for the help snoopdawg and sewellgsm, the dealer out of state had the car in their system but they had traded it (over the weekend my dealer said). They found the one on Sewell's lot, but it has a spoiler and 4ws (yuck).

I may just wait for the 10's. I'm in no hurry and i'm keeping my truck. I'm just not sure I'll be happy with the 7AT but I can get one of them. I'm really not sure if I'd use the sequential shifting after the novelty wore off.
  • Options
    No worries ice, this forum made the last two purchases much easier than the first so I thought I'd hang out for a few weeks and give back what little knowledge I gained.

4WS - first 6MT had it, second one doesn't. There is "something" different about how these feel, but it's hard to quantify, even under "spirited" driving. Neither one is better or worse but I suppose the 4WS would be a safer car to drive?. Maybe if I drove both back to back on the same stretch of road it would be easier to put my finger on exactly what is different.

If you're looking for a 6MT than the 7AT is clearly not the car you're going to be happy with, no matter how sweet the 7AT is (i do love that transmission but would not trade my 6mt for it).

Spoiler - that's too funny, i couldn't get that piece of chrome off of my new car quick enough to put on the OEM spoiler after I took delivery. I think the chrome makes the car look ghetto, my wife on the other hand loves it on her car. I have a spare chrome piece, but unfortunately its a lot easier to put on the OEM than take it off (glued on).

Based on everything I've read the 2010's aren't going to be very different. Dash LCD will be white instead of Orange. "Slightly" different console and the big whoop is the hi res navi. if you can find a 2009 for 4500 under invoice then it may be worth it if you can find "your" car. Best of luck.
  • Options
    future_lesseefuture_lessee Member Posts: 2
    Sewell GSM,

Thank you, I salute you!

One more question, can a dealer lock in a lease with the IFS rebates/rates of December, if technically, for business reasons, I can't close until January 1st?
  • Options
    sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    Everything is good till 1/4/2010 because of the New Year's Day and the weekend falls. :D
  • Options
    antonio1antonio1 Member Posts: 27
    Sewell GSM
    mefromfl posted this info about a 2009 Coupe with Prem & Navi.......
    yes, this is the price they quoted me for

$42,975-MSRP
    Liquid Platinum/Graphite Interior
    Premium Package
    Navigation Package
    Trunk Cargo Net

Best price we can do is: $33,495+tax,tag&fees.
    Is this price possible to get?????
    I see it for $34,600 on overstock. He's quote is $1,100.00 less.
    Thanks
    :D
  • Options
    In my opinion - "no". But as others have pointed out before - a dealer (for whatever reason) could sell any of his vehicles for whatever price they wanted. It is just not logical for a dealer to sell the vehicle that cheap. I literally pay more than that for G coupes and I buy around 20+ per month wholesale from the factory.

I will pay invoice on any new G coupe if a dealer can deliver it to me. We are running low on them.
  • Options
    rusduderusdude Member Posts: 41
    Sewell or anyone else - what tires are on 18" Performance wheels for Sedan? I keep reading how horrible stock 17" tires are and how badly they handle wet weather and, since most of my driving is on highways & we get plenty of rain in Houston, I'm almost to the point where I feel like I'd need to replace them immediately with Michelin or Pirelli ones.

But if tires on 18-inchers are better than I might be better off going that route.
  • Options
    best way to find out is to contact the dealer that quoted that price, I think you mentioned you're in FL too.

Every deal has to be put into context, trade in, financing, timing. Just because it was available last month at that price doesn't mean you can still get that deal on that same car, but it also doesn't mean you can't get an even better deal.

mefromfl didn't answer the question about a trade in, maybe there is more to this deal than just the price of the new car.
  • Options
    17" - Goodyear
    18" - Bridgestone
  • Options
    Thanks! Staggered sports set-up comes with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A (Max Performance Summer), but G37 brochure says Perf. tires are all-season, so is it Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position in 225/50R18? Excellent tire except for snow but don't have to worry about it down here (except for today! lol).

Also, can any sedan be upgraded to this at the dealership or do they have to come from the factory like that? Everything makes it seems like a factory option but I don't really see why it'd be so hard to do for the dealer...
  • Options
    jonas4jonas4 Member Posts: 17
    Just beware that if these are summer performance type tires , do not expect much thread life. I was only able to get 20k from my Bridgestones. I have heard that aggressive drivers are lucky to get 15k. I have a leased vehicle which I am turning in next month (and replacing with a G37) and the only thing which kept me from having to buy a third set is because I also had a set of winter tires (can't use summer performance tires in Michigan winters). Also, good 18" performance tires are not cheap. As with everything, there are trade offs.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice! They're supposed to be all-season ones but that's why I'd like to know the exact model. I don't drive a lot by local standards (under 10K per year on current car and will be less on this one), but yeah I'd not want one of those 6-months tires :)

If it's what I mentioned then it's a very good tire. Summer tires on Sport option are a no go (esp. since you can't rotate them) but RE960AS are one of the better tires (just like Michelin and Pirelli).
  • Options
    mitg37xmitg37x Member Posts: 2
    I leased a new Infiniti G37x in October and want to partner with someone who received a referral offer for the AMEX card. I need the redemption code. Please respond if you would like to work together. Thanks. LJ
  • Options
    pkhoopespkhoopes Member Posts: 27
    I picked up my G37 Journey with Performance tire & wheel pkg on Oct 9. The wheels are great looking in my opinion, and the reason I got this pkg. They are 18 x 7.5.
    The tires are 225/50 R18 Dunlop Sport Maxx A1 ultra high performance All-season radials. You can look them up at tirerack.com and get more info.

Cheers
  • Options
    rsmith8rsmith8 Member Posts: 47
    Sounds like a very good price. Which dealership? I am near Houston. I would be interested in a new '09 Sedan Journey w/Premium pkg at $30,000 +ttl (no trade, own financing) if I could close on the deal after Jan.1. My preference would be for Moonlight Whilte w/Stone leather.
  • Options
    jonas4jonas4 Member Posts: 17
    Finally pulled the trigger.
    G37xSedan with premium, splash guards, trunk mat
    MSRP $39,220
    Invoice $36,124
    Sale Price $32,124 ($500 under invoice, less $3500 Infiniti dealer incentives)
    Purchased from Ann Arbor Infiniti. Suburban Infiniti refused to sell under invoice and in general played games. On the other hand,the salesperson at AA was a pleasure to deal with. Deal completed by e-mail and one phone call. The difference was day and night. Highly recommend Ann Arbor Infiniti for anyone in SE Michigan. The dealers in this area over the past two days received a new batch of 2009 G Sedans , so based on the supply, there may be better deals coming. But I'm picky on colors and am satisfied I am getting good value on the dollar.
  • Options
    Weird that Sewell said that they were Bridgestone, but this Dunlop model seemed to get good reviews on TR (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Dunlop&model=SP+Sport+Maxx+A1+A/- S). Thanks!
  • Options
    Maybe we should have done a Houston group buy? :) BTW, how easy is stone leather to care for compared to graphite? I changed my mind about wood trim on Blue Slate or Garnet Red, so graphite isn't the only option. Although, if I do stone, I probably need to find carbon fiber interior kit or something similarly dark for contrast....
  • Options
    ultrad2ultrad2 Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a G37x Sedan this week Premium, wood, splash guards trunk net for 33,900.
    Last night I got a call from a dealer that I had been working with but did not buy from. He told me that Infinity is giving an extra $1000 to first time infinity owners. He to sell me the same car for 32.900. Too bad I had already made the deal. I have two questions
    1. Is this true about the incentive for first time buyers?
    2..Is there any way that I can still get in on this even though I bought on Now 29th?

Any advice from Sewell GMS or anyone else??
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    There is a really good chance that tire selection depends on the area of the country...

In the Northeast and Midwest, the Sports may come with all-seasons (or, at least have that as an option).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    pkhoopespkhoopes Member Posts: 27
    Just make sure you are reviewing the right one. There is a SP Sport Maxx A1 summer tire, and there is a SP Sport Maxx A1 A/S (All/Season) all weather tire (which is what came on my car).

Also, my dealer could not find a car in the pipeline that had the Perf tire & wheel pkg factory installed, so when my car arrived, they swapped my wheels/tires with a car they had just gotten that had the Perf tires/wheels. Only charged me the invoice price of the pkg ($433) to do it...very nice of them.
  • Options
    jbrady3324jbrady3324 Member Posts: 42
    2009 Infiniti g37xs
    Premium Package
    Nav
    Sport Package
    Rear Spoiler
    $36,667

Is this a good price or should I be pushing for lower? Any incentives I should know about?

I am still torn between the coupe and sedan.
  • Options
    FYI - This is a quote from AMEX. Based on what I am reading on this forum, I should be able to push lower.

What should my target be? Trying to purchase next week.. just need to decide between the coupe or sedan.
  • Options
    rayjr75rayjr75 Member Posts: 9
    After 1 month research, I concluded my purchase today:
    G37 journey coupe, plat graphite, graphite
    navi, premi
    kick plates, break sensor, mud flaps, tint, cargo net
    $35,200+ttl+125doc fee., MSRP was at $44,400
    They had several of these on the lot, so that helped. The more of the same type of inventory on the lot, the more willing to come down in price.

I was also offered a g37 sedan navi, prem, break sensor, mud flap, tint, cargo net at $33400, but decided on the coupe

I brought in my own financing 3.79/60moths, but they were able to beat it through their partnership through BofA at 3.55/60months

This was in Dallas. I think I got a pretty good deal. Thanks to everyone in the forum
  • Options
    Search back through this thread but I believe that there are a total of $3500 of rebates on the sedan so you should be able to get at least another $1,000 off the price above.
  • Options
    Thanks snoopdawg. I am currently looking at the following models/config:

Sedan:
    g37xs w/ premium, Nav, Spoiler, Sport package - Target price??

Coupe:
    g37 journey w/ premium, nav, sport, spoiler - Target price??

Depending on the interest rates, I may apply the 2500 rebate, else I will just use the 1000 rebate and special finance rates.
  • Options
    Use edmunds.com tmv to get invoice pricing but I wouldn't pay too much attention to the TMV price, that is what most people are paying, you can get a better deal than that.

coupe has $4,500 in rebates
    sedan has $3,500 in rebates (i think)

Aim for invoice - rebates OTD before TTL

truecar.com and cars.overstock.com are also decent references.

I bought a coupe in Nov that is pretty close to what you're looking for (it had no Spoiler), i posted the price I paid on this forum so if you look back you'll find it and many many more, that's why people post the prices they paid here. Look into Bank of America, they are giving very aggressive rates right now.
  • Options
    lg37lg37 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

In Nov. I bought a G37 journey with premium from Sewell Infiniti in Houston. I need to pair up with someone to take advantage of the amex promo. If someone still have a valid redemption code, please contact egeglg at gmail dot com so that we can both get some extra spending $ just in time for the shopping season!

My buying experience was quite positive, thanks to this forum.
  • Options
    dealhunter5dealhunter5 Member Posts: 13
    I bought a G37Xs sedan back on October 30th with similar options to yours. It has prem, nav, sport, no spoiler. MSRP was $42330. I paid $35,600 + ttl. If you look back through these posts, you will see that there was someone on this board who did not believe me at the time. Now that another month has gone by, I see a lot of other folks getting similar deals to this. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    jbrady, oct,nov,dec had different rebates so keep that in mind when you're looking at pricing in this thread. i wasn't shopping the sedan so you'll need to double check that...
    coupe/sedan
    Oct 5000/3500
    Nov 4500/2500
    Dec 4500/3500

or something like that...
  • Options
    highlhighl Member Posts: 32
    Hi,
    I have been given quote for 09 g37 w/ premium package $1000 below the innvoice price before $2500 incentive in the bay area (CA). I am thinking since 10 model is going to arrive later this month and all the dealers in the area have so many of these vehicles sitting on their lot, is it a good price to buy? Should I ask for better price?

tia
  • Options
    Don't forget that now there's an additional $1000 incentive for sedans, so they're giving you invoice price basically.
  • Options
    wynand32wynand32 Member Posts: 11
    Hihgl - I paid $30,000 + ttl for my '09 G37 Journey with premium package, cargo mats, and splash guards in SoCal. That's a little more than $4300 back from invoice.

However, I also got a very aggressive price on the trade of my '06 G35 sedan, specifically right at KBB. I'm thinking that the left hand (used car manager) didn't know what the right hand (sales manager) was doing in this case, and by the time they realized they'd already given up WAY too much money.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if you can get anywhere close to $3500 back from invoice, you'll be doing pretty good. That would be equal to the $2500 and $1000 incentives from Infiniti, plus account for the fact that yes, dealers want to get rid of their '09's in prep for the '10's. This particular dealer had quite a few on the lot.
  • Options
    vjkatyvjkaty Member Posts: 19
    I am looking for the same Journey, could you tell me the name of the dealer in SoCal ? :)
  • Options
    Pulled the trigger on the following deal from the INternet Sales folks at Jim Coleman Infiniti in Bethesda MD

37505 out the door (including 6% Maryland tax, titling, tags, temp tags, $99 processing fee)

P01 Premium Package
    U01 Navigation Package
    B94 Splash Guards
    T93 Trunk Mat
    N93 Trunk Cargo Net
    P94 Illuminated Kick Plates

The Invoice on Edmunds (before taxes, ttl, processing) is $38,328.
    Some of the items (the kick plates, mat, splash guards etc., are probably high margin items for the dealer)
    Am relatively happy with the deal, and so far super happy with the car!

Thanks for the information posted here.
  • Options
    rayjr75rayjr75 Member Posts: 9
    sedan or coupe?
  • Options
    nojalopy1nojalopy1 Member Posts: 14
    Looking hard at G37 convertible. Anyone have recent buying experience? Edmunds TMV suggests they can be had for ~invoice, no incentives. TIA.
  • Options
    Sedan
  • Options
    dakineguydakineguy Member Posts: 46
    wynand32, who was the Southern Cal dealer that gave you the deal? I'm ready to pull the trigger at the end of this week/weekend. I'm looking for a G37 sedan. My local dealer tells me that the AWD with Premium, Nav and Technology is not available. Can I assume that whatever sedan that I buy, I should be able to get $3,500 off invoice for it? Thanks!
  • Options
    Is the navigation package worth it for features other than navigation? In other words, I do not care about the navigation feature, just curious about the other features packaged in with the navigation.
  • Options
    It's called a Navigation package for a reason :) It's not called a backup camera package that happens to have navigation as a gadget... I really like the backup cam but wouldn't dish out the $1900 for it if I really don't care for the nav. Same with the voice recognition, it is nice, but again if you don't use the navi you're using voice for climate control which is anti climactic... Not sure if the bluetooth integration is available without navi. Overall I like the package, but I do use the Nav and that's the reason I got it.
  • Options
    smidd1smidd1 Member Posts: 1
    Completed yesterday in NJ:

G37x Sedan
    Premium Package
    Navigation
    Splash Guards, Cargo net, Trunk mat

Invoice $37,989, price $34,900 + ttl. (~ 400 over invoice after $3500 dealer cash)
  • Options
    arosenbearosenbe Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a convertible around 3 weeks ago. Although there is NOTHING available from Infiniti USA, most of the dealers up my way were willing to sell at invoice, maybe a couple of hundred bucks more. They're sitting on a lot of inventory, and the car's not really moving all that well up here. BTW, it's awesome, best purchase I ever made. I live in Southern Connecticut. Where are you from?
  • Options
    mitg37xmitg37x Member Posts: 2
    How did you get someone to partner with? I'm trying to find someone who has a code, an original owner, but have not had any luck. Any advice? Thanks.
  • Options
    hesaidhesaid Member Posts: 16
    My advice... don't expect to find someone with a code in a G37 forum because I think their all tapped out. Ask for the code in the other Infiniti forums like EX, FX, or QX. They got the codes too. Worked for me but then again I asked 2 months ago.
  • Options
    dakineguy - Yes, you shouldn't have a problem getting the $3500 off invoice. I was offered the same by all four dealers that I spoke with, including the one I bought from. I'm in the far west Valley outside of LA, so those dealers would be Oxnard (Team Infiniti), Thousand Oaks, Valencia (Parkway), and Van Nuys (Miller). They're all being pretty aggressive.
  • Options
    vjkaty - A number of dealers around me in the far west Valley outside of LA--Oxnard (Team Infiniti), Thousand Oaks, Valencia (Parkway), and Van Nuys (Miller)--are being pretty aggressive and had a number of '09 Sedan Journey + Premiums in stock. Getting $3500 back of invoice shouldn't be a problem.