Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    net2net_99net2net_99 Member Posts: 17
    Best way is to compare on 2008 MDX with 2007 MDX on Acura website itself. My quick observation was that the 2008 MDX height was a bit more (and the ground clearance) but the fuel efficiency was listed lower. 2008 model costs 200 dollars more as well. There may be more differences, go check their website.
  • Options
    dmac22dmac22 Member Posts: 6
    lovecars4,

In a previous email you mentioned that you had the dealer cost on MDX accessories. Could you email those prices to me at dannyboyee@aim.com... also, how did you get your accessories for below cost?

thanks
  • Options
    somnosomno Member Posts: 43
    I would also like to know the name of your salesperson. Would you mind emailing it to me?
  • Options
    memphistlcmemphistlc Member Posts: 10
    Clean, one owner. Regular package, not touring. Only 40k miles. No extra options. Clean Carfax, very clean in and out. Dealer Certified. Seller's firm price is $24,000.

Thanks.
  • Options
    robinhanrobinhan Member Posts: 4
    or it's only for someone buying their extended warranty, etc?
  • Options
    bladsterbladster Member Posts: 3
    I just got home from picking up my 2007 Billet Silver/ebony MDX with the tech/entertainment package. I have put about 80 miles on it so far and I love it.

My price: $42,589 with roof rails, mud guards, all weather mats, cargo mat and clear bra.

I bought it from Pikes Peak Acura in Colorado Springs and had a pleasant experience. The only gripe I have is there is so much stuff on the car, it takes all day for the salesman to explain it to you. Just kidding.
  • Options
    rdxnmdxrdxnmdx Member Posts: 12
    Dear Mostro750,

In regard to your lease of an MDX in the Northwest. I have emailed 2 Acura dealers in the Seattle Area in hopes of buying a 2007 Sport/Ent to replace my '02 MDX. One offered me 46,500, and the other never answered my emails. Another friend of mine never got a reply to his email from Acura when he wanted to buy the next day & is going to buy a different car altogether. He had an '01 MDX. I don't think the Northwest dealers really want to sell cars right now unless they are leasing them. I am very tempted to go buy a Toyota or Lexus. I am so fed up with the Washington State Acura dealers. They will try to sell you over invoice & close to MSRP no matter what. I have loved my MDX, but it might be my last. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    ed4040ed4040 Member Posts: 17
    I just put a deposit on a 2007 MDX w/ Technology Package, Nimbus Gray Metallic, Taupe Leather, Roof Rails and Cross Bars installed. I looked at several dealerships in the NY/NJ area and finally decided to go with the dealer in NJ.

My price- $40,300 plus tax and title.

I hope this information helps. If you're in the market and this is of interest contact me and I'll put you in touch with my contact at the dealership.
  • Options
    phillybigeasyphillybigeasy Member Posts: 31
    Memphistic, I have an '04 Base Model which I will be selling shortly. It has 87k miles (mostly highway since I use car for work in sales) but in perfect condition. Beige with professionally installed Sirius satellite radio. I have to replace by end of year. Dealer offered me $18k on trade in. Interested? By the way, I just moved to Memphis.
  • Options
    My thanks to ocbuyer and all the others on this forum for helping me get a great deal with my little effort.

I called up Planet Acura in Downey, CA (Southern CA)and spoke to the internet manager (although he could not make it in today so I dealt with 2 other salespeople and they were all good) who gave me the deal that I wanted (or extremely close) based on the info I collected on this forum.

I just purchased a Nimbus gray with taupe interior, Sport model MDX for 41,600. That included auto dimming mirror, cargo net, bike tow hitch, wheel locks, cargo tray and mud guards. Only tax and license were extra (no destination charge or document fees).

The whole deal went very smoothly and quickly (even though my salesperson who made the telephone deal had a family emergency and could not make it in today).

I highly recommend that you try Planet Acura if you are in the Southern California area.
  • Options
    wilsontwilsont Member Posts: 8
    My case is similar. Planed for base at first but eventually went for Tech. Two reasons I weight: 1) rear view camera is a must, especially for my wife :-) 2) I need to have GPS for MDX anyway, but a portable one in a luxuary car will just look cheap. Not to mention you have a much better interface on central controller. It's worth to have Tech package. Another reason why not to go for sports is iPod interface. For some reason, it is not in sports one according to the sales.
  • Options
    sjk3sjk3 Member Posts: 9
    Hello Everyone,
    Let me first say that this forum has been so usefull,I finally bought an mdx sport package in NJ last week,the car is really GREAT....I need some information though,at the time of purchase of the vehicle the dealer was offering some kind of protection package for the tires,incase of any road side hazards or run in to anything which ruins the tires, they will replace the tires for free, the package was around $600 for 5yrs,I said I will call him and let him know in couple of days, did anyone out here buy that package, do you guys think it is worth? or do you know any place else where we can get that for cheaper price....
  • Options
    dan12dan12 Member Posts: 114
    One more way to extract money from you. I would personally pass. My logic is simple. They sell this package because they make money on it. That is because most of the time customers collect less than what they charge. So odds are that you will also collect less than what you pay.
  • Options
    curiousmdxcuriousmdx Member Posts: 15
    I finally bought it (Aberdeen Green) with Technology and Entertainment package from Acura of Fairfield, CA. It was worth the 70 mile drive for me from San Jose since it was easy dealing with those guys than any other dealer that I dealt with. I also got the following seven accessories:
    - Roof Rails
    - Cross Bars
    - Front and Rear Garnish
    - Sport Running Boards
    - wheel locks
    - side body molding

Total cost before Tax and license was $44,000. Their accessories were around 20% less than retail. In addition, I also bought the 7 year/100,000 miles extended warranty for around $1900. If I don't make any claims in those three years I get my money back.

The South Bay, Peninsula and North Bay guys need to learn a lesson or two about customer service. I recommend bay area people go to Fairfield, CA and buy from them.
  • Options
    cali_alicali_ali Member Posts: 7
    I've been quoted a price for an 07 Acura MDX with Navigation at $40,773.46 + taxes and registration. Is this a good deal? What have others gotten in Southern California
  • Options
    Should be at invoice ($39,400)or under for a good deal these days. Check my post above on my sport model that invoices for 2000 more than the tech model.
  • Options
    sd_dadsd_dad Member Posts: 34
    Is it true that the Sport loses the iPod interface? Also, is the iPod interface worthwhile?
  • Options
    dms9dms9 Member Posts: 137
    Not true, I have a Sport and the Ipod interface is in the center armrest console. I really like the GPS, but LOVE the suspension Sport. Zoom . . .
  • Options
    sd_dadsd_dad Member Posts: 34
    does iPod display on nav screen and is it controlled by the car's audio controls?
  • Options
    auhaauha Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to ocbuyer1, I bought 07 MDX Tech/Ent for $41,489 with wheel locks, mud guards, cargo mat from Planet Acura last weekend. Talked to the the same salesman and made a deal thru the phone. Came on last saturday and picked up the car, pretty smooth transactions. Recommended, but make sure you call and make a deal first before you come in. Planet Acura still has lots of Black colors in the lot particularly with bordeux interior.
  • Options
    no, when I bought mine a couple months ago the Ipod interface wasn't really working correctly, so they recommended I not buy it. The connection in the center console is just a 2.5 jack. You connect it just like the earbuds. Still sounds great, but I will wait for Acura to make the interface that actually gets installed in the MDX better before I buy it. I understand that the one you buy and have the dealer install does display on the NAV screen, but I am not sure, I don't have it.
  • Options
    cali_alicali_ali Member Posts: 7
    I just left the dealership because I felt they were switching numbers around and playing games. It felt shady and I got up and left. Your advice would be appreciated. I'm looking at a Nimbus Gray tech pkg. w/out ent. the price they quoted me originally included gap insurance. Before taxes it was 40,773.46 out the door it would be 44564.86 they let me go home and sleep on it because it was after hours and someone was already in finance. Today I go back and they tell me it does not include gap insurance and to recieve that they needed a down payment of $500.00 in order to get it. I responded with no thank you. Then they came back with "Good News" and said they will include it with no money down, but the interest rate went up 1%. I responded with have a good night. The vehicle wasn't my ideal color and they have several entertainment pkgs. on the lot in a color i like and only one tech. What should be my strategy? :confuse:
  • Options
    Hello,

Which is better? Every dealer has the option of proposing either the Acura backed or their own warranty. The warranty that my dealer recommended included a "return of money" where if I don't make any claims during the extended warranty period I can get my money back so long as I make my claim within thirty days of my vehicle hitting the mileage or the years. Acura backed warranty does not have this clause. My dealer says that the service can be provided by any Acura dealer for the warranty they have provided.

Can you suggest which is safer among these two options? Acura backed warranty is actually couple of hundred bucks cheapper than what my dealer is proposing.

Thanks.
  • Options
    bambadybambady Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Looks like a good deal for the Denver area, please confirm if there was any other fees like destination/processing on top of the $42,589.

Also, did you shop around much at other Denver area dealerships?

Please reply to venturabob2@gmail.com

thanks,
    Bob
  • Options
    jeff7jeff7 Member Posts: 3
    After an exhaustive search trying to find a MDX Tech/Ent in the NY/NJ/CT area (looking for color - Silver or Blue w/ Taupe and a good price) I finally went with Park Ave in Maywood.

500 below invoice
    42,095 Invoice
    744 Running Boards
    -500 Below Invoice (discount)
    42,339 TOTAL

2007 MDX Silver w/ Taupe - Tech/Ent w/ Running Boards
    36 Month Lease / 10k miles per year through American Honda Finance - at .00209 money rate

Cap Cost ~42,339 (plus approx. $230 in the lease for Title and CT Registration). Residual is 26,188.

Monthly Payment is $634.64 (includes CT tax @ 6%)

Drive off cost is $1529.28 (595 Finance Fee, 249 Doc Fee, 50.64 Tax on Doc and Finance Fee, 634.64 First Month Payment)

Good experiences with Acura of Ramsey and Morande Acura in Berlin CT - professional and easy to deal with.

Bad Experience with Paragon in Woodside, NY(never returned a call - terrible service - still couldn't get a price after 2 days) - Read other reviews on them - seems like they are scam artists.

Greenwich Acura, Acura of Westchester, Rallye Acura and Acura of Valley Stream were all at least $1-2k higher - and not willing to budge.

Hope this is helpful. Thanks for other posts - definely able to help me get a good deal.
  • Options
    I don't know anything about your dealer, but I have had very bad experience with third party warranties. This time, I am going with Acura. Who is more likely to go out of business, a third party insurance company you never heard of, or Acura? If you don't think it will happen, just look up "Warranty Gold", which was sold through THIS SITE, Edmunds. You will find my Bankruptcy Proof of Claim along with thousands of others. I have had two cars since then and I am still waiting for the reimbursement on my repair.
  • Options
    crackberrycrackberry Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

We are expecting our first born and hence want to replace our coupe with a SUV. It will be either a Lexus RX 350 or a MDX.
    We are looking for the 2007 MDX base model (with running board) in Northern VA. The assumption is that 2007 model will be a lot cheaper (2k or more) than the 2008 models. if that is not true, we would have gone for the '08 model.

What price should we aim for paying for the base MDX around northern VA (Vienna/Fairfax) area?
    In this forums some people have posted that they were able to buy MDX less than the invoice. Is it reasonable to ask for $1500 or $2000 less than the invoice?

Also, any suggestions if the extra cost of the Tech Package is worth it?? What should we target to pay for the 2007 MDX with tech package and running board)

Do share if you know of a good dealership where I can get a good deal.

Thanks,
    CB
  • Options
    I don't know of a dealer in your area. But I can tell you $1500 or $2000 below invoice is unheard of. The closest someone offered me was $500 below invoice but he wasn't willing to send me an email confirming that. That being said you should fight for at least $500 below invoice.

The TECH package is truly amazing and worth it. The sport running boards that I got was $568 including installation. Retail is around $690. Negotiate for around 20% off accessories like this including installation.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Also, you may go to https://estore.honda.com/asp/logon.asp, plug in your zip code, the vehicle you are purchasing. It will let you choose a dealer where you want to buy and install your accessories and the price that dealer charges with and without installation for each accessory. Kinda neat.
  • Options
    gretzkygretzky Member Posts: 3
    This forum has been very helpful to me as I went through the process of choosing a vehicle and finally purchasing a 2007 Acura MDX (base version - gray on taupe) yesterday. Thanks to all the contributors.

I live in Atlanta, GA and worked with the five local dealers (Nalley, Voyles, Carland, Jackson, Sons) only via e-mail and phone to get the deal done. Ultimately, Sons Acura in Morrow gave me the best offer:

1. Car price (including destination) - $36,397
    2. Doc. prep. fee - $499
    4. Sales tax @ 7% - $2,583
    5. Title & lemon law fee - $21
    Drive-out price - $39,500 even.

The dealer threw in cargo tray, splash guards, wheel lock and all-season mats as part of the package. The internet sales manager, who is relatively new, was very responsive and comes highly recommended. The Finance Department tried to sell me bunch of things I didn't want, which I don't think is unusual.
  • Options
    One more thing about my purchase experience outlined above - Nalley told me that they would beat any written quote. When I showed them the written Sons OTD quote of $39,500, they backed out and did not honor their word.
  • Options
    norickcasenorickcase Member Posts: 2
    :mad: BE CAREFUL WITH RICK CASE IN FORT LAUDERDALE, FL. :mad: :mad:
    I purchased a 2007 MDX Tech/Ent from Rick Case in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Everything was perfect until one week after the purchase when they called me from the finance department saying that my credit could not be approved as signed and that they had to increase the rate from 2.9% to 5.9% and extend the term from 36 to 60 months. My credit is excellent, so there is no reason for that.
    YOU BETTER TRY OTHER DEALERS.

Price paid: $42,500
    Dealer Fees: $499
    Title/Transfer & Wheel locks: $300
    TOTAL ~$43,300
  • Options
    tsinoyi2tsinoyi2 Member Posts: 6
    Looking to purchase MDX 2007 as well in Atlanta. I live in Alpharetta and Jackson gave me an OTD of 46k for Tech/Ent that includes Protect Pkg. Do you think that is a gud deal?
  • Options
    dan12dan12 Member Posts: 114
    I purchased a 2007 MDX Tech/Ent from Rick Case in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Everything was perfect until one week after the purchase when they called me from the finance department saying that my credit could not be approved as signed and that they had to increase the rate from 2.9% to 5.9% and extend the term from 36 to 60 months. My credit is excellent, so there is no reason for that.

What? This sounds too strange. So both parties (you and the dealer) signed a contract, a written contract, outlining the terms of the loan and now they are going back on it and changing it? Based on what? They should have done a credit check prior to offering you the loan and I cannot imagine that they didn't do such a check. If you haven't done so already, I would call a lawyer to check into the legality of such a scheme. What if you don't accept the 5.9% rate and the extended term?
  • Options
    Given that it is the end of the month and that 2008 models are expected to hit the lots in a few weeks, you should not pay above invoice. If anything, during my search process I found that most MDX's here in Atlanta were with tech/ent packages so the dealers should be willing to deal. If you haven't already done so and if you are willing to drive down to Morrow, I would get in touch with the Internet Manager at Sons. When I spoke with her two days ago, she was a few vehicles away from hitting her August target and my guess is that she would be very amenable to striking a deal.
  • Options
    bambadybambady Member Posts: 2
    Looks like some of the area dealerships are offering close to invoice to clear out 2007 MDX inventory. Please post here if any readers bought recently in the Denver area:

Dealership
    Price paid
    Model/package details

You may also email to me at venturabob2@gmail.com

Thanks.
  • Options
    bomb617bomb617 Member Posts: 4
    Just got a 2007 MDX in Nimbus Grey with black interior last night for $36988 including destination floor mats, all season floor mats, trunk mat, wheel lock and mud guard at Sierra Acura in Alhambra in So. Cal. Ask for the internet guy. There is no need to negotiate, all work thru email, whole deal done in less then 2 hours including test drive.

For local people, OTD price is $40411 with So. Cal 8.25% tax and DMV license fees.

They still have black, blue and silver as far as I know and many choices for the one with Tech. or Sport.

Best buying experience I ever had.
  • Options
    george_mdx2007george_mdx2007 Member Posts: 1
    I spent a lot of time reading this forum before buying my MDX. Now's the time to share my experience:

40,000 = 2007 MDX Tech (including destination)
    350 = auto-dimming mirror
    299 = documentation preparation charge
    2,017 = sales tax
    65 = registry of motor vehicles fee
    ================
    42,731 = out the door price

A very pleasant experience with Acura of Boston. Negotiated the price for the car itself over the phone. Got to the deallership and negotiated a price of 350 for the auto-dimming mirror. Other accessories that I want do not require installation, so I'll just order them online from one of the sites mentined on this forum.

Cheers
    George
  • Options
    ethlee1992ethlee1992 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for all your the contributions to this forum. We purchased our 2007 Base model MDX (grey/taupe)on 8/26 at Rosenthal Acura in Maryland.
    $36600 (car)
    $300 (auto day/night mirror)
    $95 (doc fee)
    $1850 (tax)
    $235 (title/tag/registration)
    --------------------
    ~$39080 Out-the-door

Good luck shopping.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,369
    Congratulations on getting a new car. You should consider rating your dealer.

Dealer Ratings and Reviews

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    wilsontwilsont Member Posts: 8
    California Bay Area:
    Silver Billet/Taupe 07' MDX/Tech, bought end of July

$39600 (car)
    + DMV
    + tax
    + doc
    -------------
    ~$43300

Cheers!
  • Options
    Please send me her info... I would be interested if the price is right =). email at ttong@comcast.net. Thanks.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Member Posts: 1
    Got Tech & Ent today -black exterior + ebony interior
    $44600 on the road. Wheel locks and Cargo liner included in the price.
    I also got customer loyalty program for $795 - oil and filter change for life + 10% discount on routine maintenance, parts and labor for life = not sure I did the right thing by purchasing this plan for $795
  • Options
    bladsterbladster Member Posts: 3
    Venturabob, the $42,589 included everything... delivery, dealer prep, roof rails, clear bra, mud guards, cargo tray.and all weather mats.

And I did shop around a bit. I tried to do a deal with Mile High Acura on Havana Street but they wouldn't budge from about $44,500. I would have preferred to buy from them since they are only a few miles from my house. I talked to a friend who purchased a 2007 TL several months ago... he tried to deal with Mile High and ended up going to Pikes Peak in Colorado Springs just like I did.
  • Options
    whats your tax rate in MD? Do you know your selling price?
  • Options
    metungnasimetungnasi Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for an 07 mdx with tech package. I want to know which dealership did you go to? I think thats a good deal. thanks
  • Options
    mikeeaumikeeau Member Posts: 5
    just put a deposit on the following in MD

mdx w/tech, sport running boards, wheel locks, cargo cover and tray
    $40,500 incl dest
    $95 doc fee
    ttl addl

this board is great ;)
  • Options
    norickcasenorickcase Member Posts: 2
    Yes, we signed the contract, I drove out the car and one week later they want to change the conditions. If I don't accept the 5.9% they offer me to return the car. They say that there is a clause somewhere lost in the tons of paper that you sign at the purchase that says that the agreement depends on bank approval. The bank is Honda Financial and according to Rick Case they don't accept these conditions for me because I have a short (but excellent) credit hystory in the US. I am returning the car and buying somewhere else.
  • Options
    dj1809dj1809 Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking for a nimbus grey/taupe 2007 MDX with sport package and so far the two quotes I have gotten are the following:

John Eagle: $42946 before TTL
    Sterling McCall: $43144 before TTL

Seems a little high. Also Sterling McCall quoted me a 6.25% state tax, but I thought the TX state tax was 8.25.

Would appreciate any input/guidance. Thanks!
  • Options
    upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    Edmunds TMV for your area is $42,700. I won't even tell you what I paid for mine (sport&ent)last November....