Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    netprowlernetprowler Member Posts: 2
    Just singed Contract on a 2008 MDX base model.

Invoice 36514
    Destination 715

Sale Price 37328, so it's about $100 over invoice. plus TTL.

I am very happy with the service in the dealership, from the sales person to Sales Manager and finance Manager. in and out within 2 hours, will pickup the MDX tomorrow with 5 miles on it, if anyone need the sales manager's contact information, I can email it to you, you might be able to do better, but I am happy with my deal and the 2.9% APR for 36 month.

Thanks for the forum.
  • Options
    pei4lifepei4life Member Posts: 16
    how easy is it to haggle to get lifetime oil change? I am going to go tonight to buy the mdx tech/ent. package and would like to have that thrown in if it's easy to haggle. Please advise on some tactics to get this included.

thanks
  • Options
    emarcelo69emarcelo69 Member Posts: 13
    pei4life,

The lifetime of free oil changes and safety inspections were standard with all purchases at that particular dealer (Priority Acura..Va. Bch, VA).

You can, however, negotiate a deal where the dealer provides X years of free oil changes or something like that.
  • Options
    it seems like you got a really good deal with your mdx tech/ent package in Virginia. I am getting this offer in DFW area.

tech/ent. ($42,600)
    +750 destintation charge
    +300 fee
    +275 side molding
    +560 sport running board.

I originally wanted the roof racks and cross bars but have heard they make the cabin noisy..so i am opting out of that and just go with running board and molding. Any advice or wise words before i make the purchase? I am getting silver billet on taupe.
  • Options
    xierxier Member Posts: 99
    kupitauto - thanks for the info and congrats! Got me curious since there did not seem to be many sales folks at Stevens Creek - was it the older guy - who had recently re-located to the bay from I think NY or NJ? I'm looking for the Tech non Ent package and not set on under invoice so I think I'd be happy with 500 over. I wonder if it would be better to wait until the new year - if it will be easier to get a better deal....

------------------
    Kupitauto - Wrote -
    just picked up mine (sport/ent) from Stevens Creek yesterday, with all season mats and wheel locks. Paid invoice+500+TTL. You just walk in and negotiate the price with any sale person... they all are a$$holes so you have to face them. Took me about an hour to nail down the price. Try Los Gatos as well, their sale folks seem to be more professional.
    I believe trims other than Sport (w/ or w/o ENT) would be lower, i.e. you may want to pay invoice, since they have many on the lot.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    hi pei4life,

The invoice (plus destination fee of $715) is $42,398. You're paying $43,350 ($42,600 + $750) for the vehicle (not including fees and accessories) which means you're paying $952 over invoice.

I'm not sure what the market is like there in DFW but my gut feeling is that you can do better. For the most part, it seems that people (on this forum) are reporting deals in the range of $200 to $500 over invoice....meaning $42,600 to $42,900 for vehicle plus destination..plus tax, title, tags and any accessories. I paid $42,700 ($300 over invoice)..plus tax, title, tags, processing fee and molding.

Have you tried to contact any competing dealers?
  • Options
    yaqui316yaqui316 Member Posts: 7
    I'm hunting for an MDX in Austin as well, and this is good news! Can you post the dealership name? I can track down the Internet manager from there, hopefully.
  • Options
    istrvtistrvt Member Posts: 2
    Did anyone managed to get promotional APR for 2008 MDX?
    I missed on 2007 cars and they don't have any left around here. And I need to buy one before Christmas holidays. Any thoughts on when it might be available for 2008 cars?
  • Options
    akubikakubik Member Posts: 20
    I would like to know what people are paying at dealerships in San Diego or Orange/Riverside Counties. As far as I understand the 2007 and 2008 are identical except for the rear-view mirror. So 2008 models should be selling for the same invoice prices as 2008s.

ISTRVT - the promotional APR is available on 2008s at some dealerships - I think it's 2.9% for 24 or 26 months. Check the specials section on Hoehn Acura's website. They are in Carlsbad, California, but you can always use it to argue your point. With these gas prices, they need all the incentives they can get.
  • Options
    babaloubabalou Member Posts: 3
    I have talked to KP as well as others in the area. She said she gives the 500 below on the Tech package.. The other ones are not quite as good deals. I am actually looking for the Sport and ENT/Tech model. Thanks for the info. Was it that person on the forum?
  • Options
    I got the deal down to $41,750 for tech/ent (including destination charges). They couldn't throw in free oil change or running board or molding. I would have pay for them for myself. So i might just go with the $41,750 and buy the extra accessories afterwards when i have some coupons. It is not critical at this time to have those now as we are low on cash. I also couldn't get the 0% financing so i am having to finance at 2.9%. Yes, i wished i was near virginia to get those deals that people are touting up there. Lucky for you guys!!!! Thanks a bunch.
  • Options
    munnamunna Member Posts: 3
    I got my MDX - Tech/Ent package(Dark Cherry/Parchment ) for $44000 out of dealership (Without accessories).

Accessories
    Front Garnish $259
    Roof Rails $219
    Cross Bars $215
    Running Boards $576
    (No extra labor charged for fixing above items)

Total Cost of vehicle out od dealership with accessories $45269
  • Options
    I got my MDX - Tech/Ent package(Dark Cherry/Parchment ) for $44000 out of dealership (Without accessories).

Accessories
    Front Garnish $259
    Roof Rails $219
    Cross Bars $215
    Running Boards $576
    (No extra labor charged for fixing above items)

Total Cost of vehicle out of dealership with accessories $45269
  • Options
    manky23manky23 Member Posts: 4
    Looks like you got a good deal. If I follow it right, you got it $650 below invoice. Is that right? Where did you buy the mdx (city and state)? Did you get the wheel locks/cargo net included? Or any other accessory?
    As per forum has anyone got a better deal for a 2008 tech/ent. As far as I have read, looks like you have the best deal. Congratulations !!!

I am also in the market for a 08 tech/ent.
  • Options
    Yes I did, Virginia/Woodbridge, No wheel locks/cargo net, I paid for the accessory I mentioned above. I will get wheel locks soon.

I followed this forum and I wanted to get a good deal, I got much better deal then I was really looking for, I was at the dealership from 8:45PM and closed the deal around 10:45 PM.
    Best of luck getting your new Tech/Ent
  • Options
    I think they are throwing in the wheel locks because it's already installed on the car. Yes...i think we are getting it for 1000k below invoice (if invoice for tech/ent. is 42,695). I have to pay for running board and side molding separately...tried to get oil change but they said that it was dependent on some dealers..but not all. I heard that someone got the free tire replacement as part of the deal...that's pretty good also. I am in the Dallas area. Haven't bought it yet...but will this weekend. I changed my color to white on parchment...i just like the beige interior over the taupe. It's just lighter looking and more sophisticated. I hope it won't get dirty fast.
  • Options
    turfernoturferno Member Posts: 3
    I am also shopping for an 08 MDX tech/ent. But I am getting conflicting information regarding 2.9 financing promo. I just talked to a local dealer's financing manager and he assured me that 2.9 on MDX runs until Jan 2nd. But Acura web page states MDX 2.9 deal ends 11/30, but all other models run till 01/02. I told him what the web page says, and he still said MDX deal also runs until 01/02.

Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks
  • Options
    squirtmansquirtman Member Posts: 29
    See my posting 5563 from a month ago. I basically paid $200 over invoice ($42,600) and my final price before tax and title for a Tech/Ent with all accessories installed (sport running boards, side moldings, all-weather mats, cargo cover, cargo tray, cargo net and wheel locks was $43800. I guess it's possible that someone may have gotten a better base price for the vehicle, but I haven't seen many deals better than that posted here WITH the accessories I listed and the final price is all I really cared about....

Hey pei4life - I am a bit skeptical that a dealer would go $650 below invoice - can you please clarify if your price did or did not include destination? You stated above (posting 5721) that your $41750 price included destination, but your original post above (5714) stated that it did not include destination...
  • Options
    paulrazpaulraz Member Posts: 5
    Man you must have some time on your hands if you bought an MDX a month ago and troll this forum to see if anyone has gotten a better deal since.

For what its worth I received an offer for a 2008 MDX Tech/Ent for $42,354 inc. destination, floor mats, cargo mat, and wheel locks from Sierra Acura in Alhambra, CA. Me and the misses have not yet decided whether to get the MDX or keep our XC90 for another year, but I thought other So Cal shoppers would be interested.
  • Options
    To "paulraz":
    If by "trolling" you mean periodically logging in and reading new posts in the Acura MDX forums as a relatively new MDX owner, then yes - I guess I am a troll. My definition of a troll, however, is a bit different - it's someone like yourself that lurks in the forum reading everyone else posts to gleam information for your own advantage and then decides to flame another user when you don't like what they have to say. If you read the posts I have made you will find that they are quite detailed, informative and objective - unlike your recent post, which was abosultely pointless aside from an attempt at "one-upmanship" and your personal attack. I've been "trolling" long enough to know that there are plenty of confused/liar-types (like "pei4life") and jerks (like yourself) on these forums and quite frankly, wouldn't mind if you and the "misses" just hop in that nice shiny new MDX of yours and ride off into the sunset for a nice long, long, long, long ride together (it's just too bad your MDX has Nav, so unfortunatelty you won't permanently get lost...)
  • Options
    craigsuvbuyercraigsuvbuyer Member Posts: 5
    Do you mind breaking down your costs for the $44K? How much over invoice were you? Any fees included? Was the 2.9% available too? I am looking to purchase the same vehicle and am in NoVa as well. Feel free to email me which is my username @gmail.com Thanks.
  • Options
    OK...here's the lowdown. i finally bit the bullet and got the mdx today. White with parchment interior. I am in shock because of how much i spent..and not sure if i got a good deal overall. Please give me some feedback.

1. Got online quote from competing dealer for invoice price: $42,695
    2. Got another email from another dealer advertising that they could beat any deal by another $500. So thinking i could get this for $42,195.
    3. Took the email quote and haggle with third dealer...they said they could beat that by another $500...to $41,695. Was happy with that and thought this included destination charges.
    4. Didn't buy it because was misquoted the 0% fininacing deal. But we really wanted to buy it. Ended up going home to ponder.
    5. Came back the next day and got final price from manager $42,097 including destination charges. I would have to pay for TT&L and misc fees such as vin etching. Final price with TT&L for me was $43,347.
    6. I got suckered into accessories +1250 for (sports running board, side molding, tinted front windows, all weather mats and cargo mat) + 279 for 5 years tire replacement .
    7. Had to pay 2.9 financing...so my total purchase came out to be $48,600.

I know the final number is alot higher than I originally expected...but counting financing and added options seems like an OK deal. Still in shock that i spent that much. Need to get a second job.
  • Options
    pei4life,

It would be very helpful to others in this forum to include dealership names and their locations (which is 100% OK to do) with whom you communicated and/or did business with.

To your post above, someone will surely be asking "which dealers and where" :confuse:
  • Options
    $43,347 + $1250 (total of $44,567) is a far cry from the $41,750 of the original post...just like I stated previously...once you get into the "real" detail you can see what kind of deal pei4life actually got...the numbers speak for themselves (and they aren't the best I've seen...)
  • Options
    marcusromanmarcusroman Member Posts: 4
    Ok, this forum and edmunds.com have been a really helpful resource in my search for a 2008 MDX and I wanted to contribute my experience in the Seattle area. Those of you on the East Coast and CA may think this deal is not that great but from speaking with others that shopped and doing my own negotiations I think this is a good deal.

The price offered to me is $43,300 + tax/title/lic for a 2008 MDX tech/ent. This includes the NW Protection Package (mats/cargo tray/wheel locks) and also the dealer admin/processing fees.

If I price the NW Protection Package online at hondaacuraworld.com it is about $300 and with the dealer fees at about $200-$300, I am at about $42,800 which is $400 over invoice.

The color combination I wanted was not in the area but it was on order so I put a deposit and had the salesman sign for the price agreed. I had a great experience so far and for those in the area that want a salesperson recommendation in the Seattle area you can contact me at cch13 replacethiswithat hotmail.com.
  • Options
    hey Squirtman, i still believe my base price for tech/ent. package of $42,097 is still a good price considering the invoice for tech/ent. package is 42,697. the $43,347 is the final price after TT&L. I am just bummed about the extra accessories i bought that brought the final price to higher than i originally planned. So far, i thought Emarcelo69 had the best deal at Priority Acura in Virgina. Since i am in the Dallas area, i could not go to Virginia to get that offer. If my math is correct, i paid about $450 more than Emarcelo69. Also, my tax down here is 6.25% versus 3% elsewhere.
  • Options
    sleepysoosleepysoo Member Posts: 54
    Woohoo!!! welcome to the mdx family! don't worry so much about if you got a good deal or not...as long as you're happy, it was a great deal!

and, I forgot who it was that mentioned "trolling" on this site. Well, I admit, I'm a troll. but not to see if someone got a better deal than me, but just to see if there's anyone that needs help in pricing. i know i got a great deal, so i want to share with others. how sad that you would only see the negative side to trolling!!! :P

hehehehehe...alright...congrats to all those who got their car! don't you just love it?
  • Options
    paulrazpaulraz Member Posts: 5
    I may have misused the term "troll" as it has certain meanings in the blogging world that I did not exactly mean. I had one issue and that was with what I interpreted as "chest thumping" that you got the best deal in comparison to what someone else posted. If you want to call me a jerk so be it. However, my post was not pointless or one-upmanship. The reasons you and I and the others in these forums are here is to learn from each other and provide helpful information to other like-minded people. I posted the offer I receieved as part of what I feel is my obligation to provide hepful informaton to others, such as what I think is a good deal for other MDX shoppers in SoCal.

Peace.
  • Options
    chaosattractorchaosattractor Member Posts: 16
    Hi Pei,

I'm trying to get a sense of your numbers.

42,097 (Price including Destination)
    1,250 (Accessories)
    279 (5 yr Tire Replacement)
    ______
    43,626 (Price before TTL)
    2,727 (6.25% Sales Tax where you live)
    ______
    46,353 (Price before Title & License & Misc)

48,600 (Out the door pricing)

2,247 (Title & License & Misc)

Do you know what the breakdown of the $2,247 is (e.g. document fees, ad fees, etc.)?

Thanks.
  • Options
    within the TT&L...there was a vin etching charge (basically for vin on windows, vin on sticker side of doors, and wheel lock)...that was like 299. From what i recalled, documents and other misc. stuff was about 100 or less. The difference between 48,600 and 46,353 were my financing charges. You should only look at the base price of 42,097 for tech/ent. package as your gage...since accessories and financing charges will vary on your circumstances.
  • Options
    britguybritguy Member Posts: 3
    Here's a first offer i got from a dealer on a new 2008 MDX Tech.

MSRP is $44410 - dealer's quoted selling price is $41,102 (i believe that's about 700 or so over invoice).

36 month lease, 12K/yr - 57% residual and money factor of .00247.
    Total money due at inception = $805 out of pocket and monthly payment is
    $597 + tax

I doubt i can get lower on residual based on where Acura has been in the past. Does anyone think that there's more than $500 or so lower possible on selling price (ie. down towards invoice pricing) or is this 'as good as it gets'...Dealer is in the NJ/PA area where inventories are pretty low and the cars are all moving.
  • Options
    zspenzspen Member Posts: 5
    Your e-mail didn't work. Which dealership in the Seattle area are you working with?
  • Options
    needawdneedawd Member Posts: 6
    Has anyone had great luck with any dealerships in the Boston area? I want a good deal and also get a good trade in on my 04 TL...I have been (local dealer) internet quoted $40,900 for the Tech package. This includes destination charge. Is this good enough or should I work harder? I'm not sure what to expect for either...
  • Options
    skinnytonyskinnytony Member Posts: 121
    The $2500 factory to dealer marketing support ended 11/30. Anyone hear if there will be a new incentive on the leftovers?
  • Options
    thickcommish1thickcommish1 Member Posts: 2
    That is a good fair deal. I have searched NC, SC, VA, MD and that is about the best I got also from VA and MD. NC/SC still quoting just below sticker and keeping inventories low. Jump on it and dont get hosed on the accessories or doc fee. Enjoy! Oh and the trade on the TL is hard to say...at least it is not an SUV which "supposidly" people are not buying due to gas prices...TL is still hot, we have one also, around here there are lots of for sale by owner TLs...chaek you market and carmax first before getting their quote.
  • Options
    momster1momster1 Member Posts: 8
    Received a quote on a 2008 MDX Tech/Ent of $43,300. That doesn't include any fees or accessories. The dealership does offer free oil changes for two years. They were insisting that the invoice price was $42,600, but that seems different than what I'm seeing here. Can it vary?

In reading the forum, I'm just not sure I'm getting the best deal (although, all quote I have received from internet shopping in my area are within a few hundred of each other). And I see that accessories are so expensive.

Any advice? I live in Fairfield County, CT.

Thanks!!
  • Options
    styledrivestyledrive Member Posts: 3
    I've been looking at this car for several months and I'm really close to buying it. I think I found good deals on some '07 models that were used as dealer service cars (around $42,000 for tech/ent pkg with about 14K miles and extended warranty to 65K miles - is that a good deal?). How much should I expect to pay for accessory installation charges (over and above the accessory prices quoted on the Acura web site)? I need the running boards for my kids to be able to climb in and out with ease. I'm also thinking of adding the roof racks but a little concerned about the wind noise that can come from that addition. Anyone have any thoughts on installation pricing and wind noise from roof rack? I'm in Atlanta.
  • Options
    mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    We are also in Ffld County. We were quoted 3k off MSRP. There is a difference of about 4k between the published MSRP and the Invoice price.

Based on the info you are about 1800-2000 over invoice. Does this include the CT doc fees that the dealers charge?

Which dealerships have you contacted? Which one gave you the price in your post?
  • Options
    momster1momster1 Member Posts: 8
    It looks like the MSRP is $45,900 for this model. If the invoice price is $4k under that, then that would be $41,900 and we were quoted $43,400, $1400 over invoice. The dealer claims that invoice is only a few hundred under what we were quoted. Does anyone actually know the invoice price for this model?

mvs..if you were quoted $3k off MSRP, then would that be $42,900? That would be $400 lower than me...and I actually did recieve a quote like that from another dealer, but this dealer is closer and it didn't seem worth driving a lot farter for $400.

I don't know what CT doc fees are...do you mean the destination charge? Is there another fee I don't yet know about?

The other unknown are accessories...do they "get" you on those and do those vary by dealer?

I don't think I'm ready to share the dealership yet until after we buy, but I will say that the slimiest one we dealt with was in Milford, who wouldn't actually give us a quote over the phone but called us several times to try and talk us into coming there.
  • Options
    human321human321 Member Posts: 10
    Why don't you go to http://www.kbb.com/ and look up the invoice? Much better than trying to work backwards from MSRP.
  • Options
    veekay1veekay1 Member Posts: 180
    Hi folks,
    Best offer I have is $750 over invoice ....should I take it?
  • Options
    un_sidiqun_sidiq Member Posts: 31
    Just bought a 2008 Acura MDX with Tech/Ent, running boards, all season mats, cargo net, wheel lock for $43000 + TTL, out the door it was $45980, i also bought the extended warranty for $1310(7 year, 100k) in plano TX.
    I beleive the invoice for the MDX with tech/ent is $42400, the running board seemed to be around $580 and all season mat for $135. Adding all that up to the invoice it seems i didn't pay much over invoice.
    Is it a good deal ?
  • Options
    bill124bill124 Member Posts: 246
    You will read about people paying less, a lot less. I paid 43.2 in late October for tech and ent. on Long Island and at that time for L.I, it was good. Pricing seems to be a function of good old supply and demand. Where are you?
  • Options
    I am in Plano, TX, did you pay 43.2 out the door or 43.2 + TTL, the dealer had quoted me $43200 initially wihout any accessories, i added the accessiories and asked him to make it $43000 even, which he agreed to.
    I asked a couple of other people who bought the same and seemed to have paid more than what i did.
  • Options
    chaosattractorchaosattractor Member Posts: 16
    I really don't see how people can do MUCH better than un_sidig did. If he paid $43K including running boards ($580), all season mats ($135), wheel locks ($80) and cargo net ($50), then the price before accessories is $42,155. Considering that the invoice for an 08' MDX Tech/Ent is $42,400 (inc. destination), that's an excellent deal. I would be skeptical of people claiming to get significantly lower prices than that, regardless of location.
  • Options
    bill124bill124 Member Posts: 246
    Agreed. My 43.2 included nothing extra and in mid-October, before oil shot way up and stock market adjusted because of credit concerns, that was an okay deal -- not great but better than others in my area (with some dealers not willing to even talk about going lower than 43.5). If that's what's going on in Texas, then it sounds like the dealers are a hurtin. When I went back to my guy for a bad battery over Thanksgiving weekend (Friday), they couldn't even handle all the people in the showroom. They were sitting in chairs waiting for sales help.
  • Options
    Not here, they served star bucks coffee and soda :) the dealer told me that due to holidays a lot of people put vehicle buying aside from close to Thanks giving to after Christmas and the dealers want to do volume rather than margin during late Novemeber to end of December
  • Options
    marcusromanmarcusroman Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking for some feedback on purchasing the extended warranty thru the dealership when I finalize the deal on my MDX. I have the prices from http://www.hondacuraworld.com and http://www.bernardiwarranty.com and will try to get the dealership to match that online price. Has anyone had success doing this?

Also, what extended warranty terms did you get? I'm thinking about the 6yr/100K which is about ~$1000 with zero deductible or ~$1100 with a $100 deductible. We will probably keep the car >5yrs and drive <20K/year but I'm looking for some feedback on term length/miles.

Lastly, what is the cash back deal on the warranty that I read about from other MDX buyers? Is it that if you don't use the warranty at all you will get your money back at the end of the term? Do all Acura dealerships offer this?
  • Options
    skinnytonyskinnytony Member Posts: 121
    $750 over? Nope. Don't pay more than $500 over, and you can probably do even better. I suppose it depends on where you live, but Dec is typically a buyer's market.