Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    metal_drivermetal_driver Member Posts: 2
    I also had a bad experience with Pohanka. I was interested in purchasing a new 07 MDX S/E. During an initial call I was given an attractive rough price and told I should see at least 10 % off the options. I then inquired as to the mileage on a specific vehicle (color combo). I was told by the senior internet sales rep that the vehicle I inquired about had 37 miles on it. I decided to purchase the vehicle as it was the '07 S/E in the specific color I was looking for. When it came time to work out a final deal the 'initial numbers' discussed suddenly went up a few hundred bucks and the options I wanted were now going to be full price plus installation costs. I decided to go ahead anyway and placed a deposit. A couple of days later when I showed up at the dealership with a cheq in hand they wanted to get straight to the paper work but I elected to look at the vehicle and drive it first. After a quick walk around I got in and turned on the ignition and to my total disbelief the odometer had 495 miles on it!!
    --- I walked.

I should also mention that during the whole sales process I soon became the one usually calling the sales rep as many most of my requests to have them call me back simply went unanswered. Not exactly ideal sales service. :(

As a side note - As mentioned in this forum before try to test drive the actual vehicle you are going to purchase if at all possible. Saved me in this case.

For what its worth.
  • Options
    baumer2baumer2 Member Posts: 2
    Working with those guys now. Great service.
  • Options
    dachoudachou Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,

Just got the price quote for the MDX base model (without any accessories): $36780 before TTL and $39k out of door? Is this a good deal?

Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    bizerkhlzbizerkhlz Member Posts: 1
    I've heard that a sales guy name Curti** is cool but the guy we had La**y La** was a total [non-permissible content removed]. did a bait and switch on the trade between the handshake and the paperwork. Manager ask if we had anything in writting so i'm guessing he knew about the con.
    oh well live and learn, at least the service dept is cool
  • Options
    mdxboundmdxbound Member Posts: 7
    PEI4LIFE,
    We are in Dallas, looking for exactly what you got! 08 Tech/Ent package. Previous Acura owners so we love the brand! Just trying to get the best deal. Can't stand Goodson, though! Did you have a good experience. I have never had a good experience in there. Bought our TL in 2000 from Churchill but that's too far. Wondering if you got an extras for the price you are talking about...we want roof rack, cross bars, wheel locks, mats and tint. Can you provide more info on your purchase??? Thanks
  • Options
    un_sidiqun_sidiq Member Posts: 31
    Hi mdxbound
    I bought mine a few weeks ago from David Mcdavid, i submitted a price quote request through the internet and got in touch with their internet managers Murali and David. Here is what i paid;
    08 MDX Tech/Ent, running boards(not the sports one), all season mats, cargo net, wheel locks, 43K even, also bought 7years/100k mile warranty for $1310. Out the door it was $45890 (or something close). Just to add the invoice for 08 MDX with tech/ent is $42395
  • Options
    mtairyordgemtairyordge Member Posts: 144
    I am looking to get buy a MDX-Tech/Ent befoe end of year, to beat the sales tax increase. :)

Invoice and MSRP is
    Tech Package w/ Rear DVD System $45,895 $41,683
    I have confirmed this with a couple of sources.
    Okay so what is the hold back on the vehicle is 2% too much?
    And should I figure on a 1.5% profit?
    My figures are:
    Holdback price to dealer [ 41683 - (45895 x 2% = 917.9) = 40765.1]
    40765.1 + 1.5% = 40765.1 + 611.48 = 41376.58 (rounded)
    41376.58 + 715 (dest) = 42091.58 (offer to Dealer)

Does this make sense? What is the hold back amount for MDX in MD/DC area? Can't seem to find that information.

I have seen different amounts for options from full price to % off. Thoughts on this would be appreciated.
  • Options
    mtairyordgemtairyordge Member Posts: 144
    I forgot, please include dealer insights.
  • Options
    chitown4chitown4 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I just purchased the black on black 08 MDX Base with no extras for $37,000 on Sat 15 Dec. Chicagoland area. I received three quotes from dealers from my Edmunds search at $37,225. I financed the entire purchase at 2.9 for 36 months. Credit score has to be over 700 to qualify. My research indicated that invoice was $37,228 which included destination. I could have had the Nimbus gray with black interior for $36,700 but the boss said no.

Illinois.
  • Options
    I think so 37,228 is invoice. I purchased the Black on Black on Sat 14 Dec for 37,000. Over all financing is bigger $ number. 2.9 is only available if you have credit score over 700.
  • Options
    crvexl4wdcrvexl4wd Member Posts: 35
    I purchased 2008 MDX Tech Package with Black/ Parchment Leather last week from Dick Hannah Acura/ Acura of Portland. Price was $41500 including Roof Rail, Wheel Lock, All season Floor mat, All season Cargo mat and Mud Guards. Paid $58 for Glass itching and registration for theft safety though originally told it's free. Then to take advantage of 4 years and 50 K miles warranty on accessories too I paid $1000 for Sports Running Board (I like only this kind), Body Side Moldings and Door Edge Guard. So I paid in all $42558 for all accessories installed and including destination. Beside this I had to pay $218 for title. There is no tax here and no Documentation fee for dealer.

I could have paid $200 less for any other color at another local competitor Ron Tonkin Acura but I wanted this combination only which is hard for find. Though I would like to say that Ron Tonkin’s were very easy to work with and no presser buying. But they were not having this combination.

I also traded in 2001 Honda accord EX 4 cylinder with 73K miles on it for $9000. KBB good condition price was $8700 and excellent condition was $9400.

I think its good deal. What do you say guys. It had 57 miles at the time of buying.

And thanks to all for sharing info here so that we could make good decision and be informed about the different tricks.

I was also told that there is no All season Mat for Third row seat from Acura. Is that True as Weather-Tech have it for third row seat also for around $60.
  • Options
    yarikyarik Member Posts: 9
    Baumer2 can you please be more specific? Otherwise it sounds like commercial ad
  • Options
    baumer2baumer2 Member Posts: 2
    He said he was having issues with Pohanka. In the process now of purchasing an MDX, so I've spoken and/or dealt with many dealers in the NoVA / Md area. Frankel is the best I've dealt with.

Picking up an 07 sport for $39,805 + TTL at the end of the week. It's a demo, but < 300 miles. Deal includes 4.9% and dealer cash. I was told that after 12/15 you get both on the 07s.
  • Options
    rtklmdrtklmd Member Posts: 5
    I was quoted a price of $39,682 + 715 dest charge. Just wondering if that is a fair price. Also, I like black, but am thinking of the Sterling Gray, i think a new color for '08, any thoughts?

Thanks!
  • Options
    pei4lifepei4life Member Posts: 16
    my white aspen tech/ent package with parchment interior came with vin etching, wheel locks. I got the sports running board, side molding, front tint, all season mats, cargo mat/tray. All this came out to be about 1250 extra. i originally wanted roof racks but heard they made extra interior noise..so i opted out. Yes...Goodson is a hit and miss dealer. The salesman was pretty nice...but the sales manager was not. He was very aggressive and pushy. Oh..on a side note, the MDX is very good on insurance. I got my car insurance through Geico...and it's cheaper than my 06 jetta. Good luck on your purchase and keep me updated on your experience.
  • Options
    metal_drivermetal_driver Member Posts: 2
    There are a lot of recent posts on Tech/Ent. Has anyone got a really good eal on an 08 Sport/Ent in the North-East ?
  • Options
    vnh84vnh84 Member Posts: 10
    We purchased a 2008 MDX with Tech including Navi earlier this week. Our price was $40,400 including destination charge. We had no accessory added or trade in. The SUV is Nimbus Gray with Taupe interior. The dealership locates in the Sacramento, CA area. The transaction was smooth. We used the internet/Edmunds for quote request and then the phone for final negotiation. We also had a very nice sale representative.

If you want more information, email me off list.
  • Options
    hi Un_sidiq
    It's Dec 18th and we are in the market for an 08 MDX Tech/Entertainment pkg. "internet" talking to 3 local DFW dealers.
    We want a few more extras than you (roof rack/cross bars, front tint) and have only gotten them to $45+ including that $1310 warranty. How much is TTL on this MDX?
    We'd like them to come down 1000+ dollars. Do you mind saying what dealer you bought yours from? When you say out the door that is total total right including warranty and TTL? I am sorry to want you to be so specific but really could use the help!
  • Options
    jfredricksonjfredrickson Member Posts: 6
    chitown4,

Excellent deal. Could you identify the Chicago area dealership?
  • Options
    Ed Napleton in Elmhurst Il. Request a quote from the internet manager. For the Base MDX you will likely get quoted $37,228. Remind them that other local dealers will beat that price by $200.00

Good Luck
  • Options
    squirtmansquirtman Member Posts: 29
    If you review posts from the past few weeks you will see that you probably overpaid a bit on the accessories ($1000 for sport running boards is very high)
  • Options
    mdxtimesthreemdxtimesthree Member Posts: 13
    i'm trying to get a 2008 /white sport w/ ent......my dealer says thier few and far
    between....anyone else having this problem?

thanks
  • Options
    crvexl4wdcrvexl4wd Member Posts: 35
    I have paid $1000 not only for sports running board but also for body side molding and Door edge guard and all three installed. As these were perchased with car so they also have 4 years warranty as the car's basic warranty.
  • Options
    amaccamacc Member Posts: 1
    I am in metro Atlanta and have a price on the table of 42,500 this includes destination fee without TTL. My main question is about the doc fees. In this area they range from 400-700 dollars, it seems high, has anyone found that you can get them removed or discounted?
  • Options
    mdx_08_fanmdx_08_fan Member Posts: 1
    2008 MDX tech & Ent (Sterling Gray, Taupe) with running board, body side moulding, roof rack, protection pkg(All season mats, wheel locks, cargo tray) 44,250 in seattle, Did i make a fair deal?
  • Options
    xierxier Member Posts: 99
    Anyone have any experience with the optional wood wheel? I was offered the wheel w/no insall fee and trying to determine if we should go with it. I'm assuming the install is probably minimal.

Anyone have one - what did you have to pay? Thanks.
  • Options
    akubikakubik Member Posts: 20
    on www.acura.com it lists for about $550 MSRP. The wooden wheels always seem like they are far to slippery. I think the full leather is safer.
  • Options
    user0user0 Member Posts: 7
    sterling gray on ebony black. chrome side steps, wood knob and wheel, roof rack and cross bars, all season mats and carpeted mats.
    doc fees was 200, tags was 93 in addition to the $38.8.
    Go to Jim Pollock in Turnersville NJ. Nice guy, Manager Pete's straight forward too.
  • Options
    4wheels4deals4wheels4deals Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I am looking to buy the MDX 08 Tech & Ent and reading the recent posts here I see that getting it at invoice should not be too hard. Bjut here is the my question: there is a $2K cash back incentive on the Acura TL 08 (so the going good price is $2K below invoice) and my wife is interested in that. So if I buy both the MDX and the TL from the same dealer what is reassonable to ask in terms of additional price cut? Each car $500 below invoice (again in addition to the $2K cash back - so TL would be $2.5K below invoice)?

I am planning to buy next week and so I am looking to have the combination of slow time, end of the month and end of the year and the fact that I am buying 2 cars get the best I can get.

BTW, do you think I am mistaken when I say the going good - but not best - price is at invoice for the MDX?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi mdxbound
    If i remember the price was 43k even and i beleive the total came out to be $45980, i will have to double check though after TTL it might have been $46980.
    I bought mine from David Mcdavid, specfically the internet manager name was Murali (i don't remember the last name) the other person was David Bukwoski(might have mis spelled his last name). I got the running board, tint, wheel locks(they were included) and cargo net and price before TTL was 43k. I will try to look at the receipt and post again.
  • Options
    vivianzjvivianzj Member Posts: 1
    I purchased 2008 MDX Tech Package with Ebony Leather 2 weeks ago from David McDavid Acura of Plano. Salesperson name is Tim Seacrest, very good service, not pushy at all. Before I go on, did a lot of research in this forum, also made some internet quote request from couple other local Acura dealers. My suggestion is to get the lowest possible internet quote first before you go in person. Save me a lot of trouble when I armed with my best quote to show the manager. I think my final price is almost $1000 below invoice. Dealer also give me free window tint, wheel lock and cargo mats. Paid $50 for doc fee and TTL. BTW: my $39300 already included $725 destination charge. So I am very happy with the price.

And thanks to a lot of people's posts here so that I could make good decision and be informed about the different tricks.
  • Options
    mdxbound
    Here is the break down;
    43k - price of the vehicle
    2980.74 - TTL + all other fees
    1310 - Extended warranty

47297.74 - out the door price
  • Options
    user0user0 Member Posts: 7
    none of those accessories should come with any additional installation fees. they already marked them up. the acura listed price is what you should pay for all installed accessories.
    i think the wood wheel is rare. that's why i ordered it.
    i ordered the side steps, the roof rack and cross bars, the wood wheel and wood shift knob, and the all season floor mats. these will be installed on my car for a total of 1800.
  • Options
    Un_sidiq-
    Thank you! We are off to the dealership today. Your post came just in time. We've done all the dealing over the internet thus far. I'll keep you posted. Thank you again for helping us. :):D:)
  • Options
    xierxier Member Posts: 99
    Thx for the info - I recall driving a lexus a few years back and really liked the feel of the wood wheel. Ordered an 08 Tech White that is due mid January.
  • Options
    rbarron1rbarron1 Member Posts: 1
    I plan to lease an 08 MDX with tech and entertainment package. retail is about $47,000 with extras (running board and wood steering wheel). Any suggestions on a good lease payment for 36 months, 10K miles per year?
  • Options
    osteoman2osteoman2 Member Posts: 26
    MDXHound

Let us know how you do, if you would. I'm looking for the same in the DFW area.
  • Options
    jonlucjonluc Member Posts: 1
    I just got my mdx, great car. I'm really loving it. Here's my price breakdown.

08 MDX tech sterling grey/ebony - $41,500 (invoice + $800)
    Clear bra, sport running board, all-season mat, side molding -$1500 installed.
    3yr 50,000 extended warranty (after factory warranty) -$1100
    4yr wheels and tire coverage - $300
    total-$44,400+tax otd

Thanks to this forum, I had a good plan going in. $800 above invoice was the best i got after 4hrs of negotiating! but I am extremely pleased with the car. :):)
  • Options
    DFW area:
    Worked the internet for about 2 wks on this deal mainly with McDavid- went in there twice and still couldn't get them to Goodson's first price. Goodson had the best price hands down going into the deal via the internet. Churchill couldn't touch it. Vandergriff dropped the ball and "lost" our email...then said they'd beat Goodson but wouldn't quote a price over the phone. Salesman at Vandergriff was bad talking everyone else...who needs that! McDavid couldn't match Goodson either and nobody else had the color scheme we wanted. So, as much as I don't like Goodson they had the best selection and best price. Once we got to the price we wanted $43,900 (includes racks, crossbars, all weather mats, front tint, wheel locks, side steps, side body molding) on the 08 Tech/Ent pkg. Add on TTL and $150 in doc fees and that's your price. Then we talked trade in on our car and that sucked! We got screwed on the trade in I am pretty sure but glad it's over and by using this forum and others I feel we negotiated nicely. Somewhere they are going to make their money whether it be on the sale of the new car or the trade in. All in all I would say do you research over the internet first! Good Luck
  • Options
    mdxtimesthreemdxtimesthree Member Posts: 13
    is anyone having any problem with the passenger headrest? my wife says its not at
    all like our 04 mdx that we will be trading in on the 08.....its holding up the purchase
  • Options
    tgradentgraden Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm also in the Denver area looking at an MDX - can you tell me what dealer you used?

Thanks!
  • Options
    rjorge3rjorge3 Member Posts: 144
    Hi gang, I need to replace my wife's truck in the next two months. We would like to get a 05/06 model. Have any of you purchased these model years recently, and if so, how much did you paid? Those who have already one, any problems? are you overall satisfied with the truck?

I also want to get the 7 years, 100,000 powertrain warranty, is that automatically included when you buy a CPO MDX or do I need to get a separate extended warranty.

Thanks a lot in advance for your responses.

R

p.s. Also, if you know of a good and reputable acura dealer in NJ or NYC metro area, please let me know. Thanks again
  • Options
    manky23manky23 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks to everyone for sharing the valuable info and your experiences in the forum. I finally bought my MDX with tech package today for 39,752.00 + TTL.

I could have saved $350 more, if I could pick up a car which was delivered before 30 Nov. Apparently Acura has increased the invoice by $350 for some (marketing and adv fee). But I couldn't find the same color for the delivery in that time frame. I picked up Sterling gray with Taupe interior 2008.

I am very happy with the deal and the car. It is really fun to drive this car. Once again thanks to everyone.
  • Options
    osteoman2osteoman2 Member Posts: 26
    Thank you for your help and have a Merry Christmas. Enjoy your new ride.
  • Options
    fiskehillfiskehill Member Posts: 4
    I have verbals from 3 dealers that I can get invoice pricing on a base model MDX if done before the end of the year. My question is what other things can I negotiate on?
    -Is the destination charge negotiable? (does the dealer ever waive it or split it with the buyer?)
    -I can only find MSRP for options (on the Acura website) does anyone know what the dealer pays for options? I'm looking for side steps and roof rack + crossbars. Will they negotiate options?
    -I believe with the current lease deal that acura is offering, that the money factor and residual are pretty much set in stone. The money factor didn't seem that fabulous - .0025 or something which equates to like 6%? Has anyone ever leased from a private company such as PrimeLease?
    -Are there an other fees that I should try to negotiate?
    Thanks for any help!
  • Options
    Picked up our ride just tonight after they put all the options on it. Love it! Only thing is that we input all this stuff on the way home (home address, set some radio memories, etc)..stopped to get something to eat and everything we input went away when we started it up again. What's up with that? If it keeps happening we must be doing something wrong. Lots of technology to get used to.
    The deal we got was only for in stock cars already delivered and on the lot! The deal didn't count for cars coming in January. If they have the color you want then go for it before year end or wait until the 09's come out for best bargaing power.
    Thank you to all the posts out there for 08 MDX's in the DFW area! What a great help! Couldn't have done it without you. Happy New Year! :D
  • Options
    uggatoruggator Member Posts: 6
    I am located in Tampa, Florida and I am looking to purchase a MDX Sport (w/o DVD). What should I be paying? What are extra dealer add on fees should I expect? Does anyone have a reccomended salesperson to talk to?

I am looking at a bunch of accessories? I can not find invoice pricing on these to negotiate?
  • Options
    fiskehillfiskehill Member Posts: 4
    Note that the prices for accessories on the Acura website do not include installation. What I've been quoted for accessories has varied from dealer to dealer. Hard to know how much profit is in each item. Also, if you are leasing, only some of the accessories seem to add to the MSRP, for instance, I was looking at side steps, roofrack/crossbars, etc. Only the side steps are added to the MSRP - I was quoted about $900 for them installed, but only $400 are added to the MSRP - which leads me to believe $500 is profit and possibly some installation.

Good luck.
  • Options
    born2driftborn2drift Member Posts: 3
    Hi all, great forum. I got tons of info here. Currently trying to get a good price on a 08 MDX with Tech and Ent Pkg and most places were quoted almost 2k over invoice (around $44k :cry: ) with only winter package (Matt & wheel lock). My price was more around 43k. I saw several people got it around that price. Can anyone let me know if that's too much to ask in the NW? Or I have to drive to Portland to buy the car?
  • Options
    tamdtamd Member Posts: 1
    By any chance you happen to be a residence of the Bay Area?