Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    scuba01scuba01 Member Posts: 29
    Today through 11/31/07 for 2007 and 2008 MDX's
  • Options
    skinnytonyskinnytony Member Posts: 121
    Per the Acura web site the incentive is 2.9% for 24-36 months and 4.9% for 37-60 months.
    Also, on the 2007 model, there is $2500 manufacturer to dealer marketing support which cannot be combined with the low apr financing.
  • Options
    bimmerguy288bimmerguy288 Member Posts: 21
    No. I am in Maryland/DC area. A lot of deals I have seen in our area seemed pretty good ( ranging from few hundred $ below invoice to few hundren over invoice for 2008 model, NOT 2007). I may get one around Christmas time.

Good luck.
  • Options
    crvexl4wdcrvexl4wd Member Posts: 35
    I am in Portland, OR and looking for Base Model MDX 2007/ 2008. I want to know if some got great deal around this area and pls share the deal details as well as dealership info.
  • Options
    bashinbashin Member Posts: 27
    How do I contact someone via email on these boards?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422
    Every member has a CarSpace.com e-mail address (even you!).

The address is membername@CarSpace.com

How do you get to your e-mail account? Look for mailbox at the top of the page.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    pbgirl423pbgirl423 Member Posts: 12
    We are looking for the best price we can find on one in the Seattle and surrounding areas. We can't seem to negotiate for anything less than a few hundred dollars from MSRP which is around $44,500. Anyone have any luck with a local Seattle dealer who was nice to work with? How did you negotiate a good price? Please share your story!
  • Options
    zorro911zorro911 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone has any recent experience in North Carolina, especially in the Greensboro, Raleigh and Charlotte area?
  • Options
    serotta_b1krserotta_b1kr Member Posts: 3
    The dealers are holding tight in the Seattle area. I neogtiated a good deal at Acura of Bellevue for an 08 MDX Sport. But, I had a good price from Acura of Seattle and they had my car in stock.

If you email me at nateandjace at hotmail.com, I will send you the name of the salesman. Also, there are some good prices on 07s if you are interested.
  • Options
    pei4lifepei4life Member Posts: 16
    Hi, i am new to this forum....does anyone have any experience with any of the 4 DFW Acura dealers? I am looking for an 08 MDX with Tech Package...i searched and saw invoice prices for Tech package to be around 40,500...does anyone have a firm quote from Goodson Acura, Vandergriff, Mac Churchhill or McDavid? Looking for silver billet with Taupe interior. Any suggestions on getting best price would help. Thanks!!!!
  • Options
    deurodeuro Member Posts: 3
    Hi, What is the invoice on an '08 MDX with Tech and Entertainment pack?

I saw one post in this forum put it at 42398, which I assume is including destination ($715). So the ivoice is 41683, right?

Most sites only show three trims now: Base, Tech and Sport, and the Ent. models is not showing Invoice.
  • Options
    dallasbuyer1dallasbuyer1 Member Posts: 6
    They are all very "hungry". You should be able to get invoice price without problem.
  • Options
    neochrisneochris Member Posts: 3
    I contacted the Acura dealer and spoke with a manager. He said he never sold MDX w/ tech for $40,000 to anyone. Could you email me your quote. neochris@carspace.com
  • Options
    emarcelo69emarcelo69 Member Posts: 13
    I'm in the market for an '08 MDX w/ Tech/Ent. pkg and other accessories listed below. The offer is from Priority Acura in Virginia Beach, VA from their Internet Sales Dept.

2008 Acura MDX Tech/Ent Pack
    e-Price $43,506.90
    Roof Rails $358.50
    Cross bars $252.20
    Sport Running Boards $746.00
    Side Body Moldings $276.20
    Total $45,139.80
    Total (including)taxes/titling $46,654.13

Any opinions or advice will be greatly appreciated regarding the pricing above. I'd like to make a counter-offer soon.

Thanks,in advance!
  • Options
    Where did you find this info? :confuse: I got on the Acura site and I can only find a special lease deal for the MDX's. The offer you point out is for the TL model.
  • Options
    I was quoted $39400 for 2008 Base model. This includes a cargo tray, wheel-locking kit and all-season floormats. Destination charge is also included. Beside this I have to pay DMV and Doc fee around $218. Is this a great deal or any one pls share their deal with details. There is no tax in my area.

Any how what is the Invoice price + Destination charge on this as I could not find it.
  • Options
    I have been having a problem with the Acura.com website. I believe it is down altogether. The deal is 4.9% for 60 months.
    This finance incentive just came available on Monday. Call your local dealer to verify the 4.9% incentive.
    I am signing the papers today with the finance incentive.
    2008 MDX - Tech package $41,491 + tags and tags.
  • Options
    Not sure why this is not showing as available anymore. I know the deal was good on all 2007 / 2008 MDX's through November.
    Will confirm today at the dealer when I sign the papers.
  • Options
    The low apr isn't appearing on the Edmunds Incentives & Rebates page anymore either. Only for the 2007 model.

http://www.edmunds.com/incentives/RebateController?step=1&setzip=19707&tid=edmun- ds.n.incentivesindex.incentives.1.1.*#acura
  • Options
    I picked up my 2008 MDX car today with the 4.9% financing. Not sure why this was taken off the web. It was suppose to be through 11/30/07. Contact your local dealer. I was working with a MD dealer (Frankel Acura).
  • Options
    Hi scuba01,

can you give me the details (price of MDX, accessories, etc.) of your purchase, if you don't mind? Thanks!
  • Options
    4.9% Finance Incentive
    $41,491.00 - 2008 MDX - Tech package
    $100.00 - Dealer processing charge
    $247.00 - Title and registration fees (received real plates)
    $2,079.55 - Tax
    $0.00 - Wheel Locks
    $0.00 - Body side moldings (these look great, wheel and deal for this option)
    $43,917.55 - Total - Driving off the lot with a tank of gas.

I was offerred the extended Acura warranty as follows:
    6 yr 100 K miles $1,810
    6 yr 120 K miles $2,010
    7 yr 100 K miles $2,260
    7 yr 120 K miles $2,510
    8 yr 100 K miles $2,560
    8 yr 120 K miles $2,710
    There was absolutely no pressure to buy the above package.
    I decided to pass for now. As long as I go back within 60 days and or 6,000 miles I can purchase the above with $0 deductable. There is no refund if not used during the lifetime of the warranty.
    This car is fun and a pleasure to drive.
  • Options
    squirtmansquirtman Member Posts: 29
    Emarcelo69, you can do better. I paid about $1500 less for tech/entertainment with the side moldings, sport running boards and a host of other interior accessories. You should be able to get a base price for the tech/ent near invoice before adding accessories. Then you should definitely negotiate better prices for the accessories including the installation. Check out sites like acurapartspeople.com to get an idea of what real discounted prices on accessories are (before installation) then factor in about $150 per hour for installation by the dealer. Definitely negotiate the accessories...theres room to move there after you secure a better base price on the vehicle.
  • Options
    michael_nynjmichael_nynj Member Posts: 1
    Greetings - I am in the market for a 2008 MDX Tech/Ent immediately. My 2005 was totaled in a rear end collision on Wednesday - amazing how well the vehicle protected me from a 40 mph rear end smash. I'm sore but walking so looking for a new one - even like that Dark Cherry color.

Any advice on deals to be had in the New York metropolitan area including nearby NJ, CT and Long Island. I bought last one from DCH in Montclair NJ and will certainly ask them for pricing but... I need one fast! Just found out today I only have 5 days of car rental now that they declared it a total. Any help would be greatly appreictaed.
  • Options
    acuratechacuratech Member Posts: 3
    Just Bought My New 2008 Acura MDX, I looked at Herb Connoly, and Acura of Boston. Both dealerships were very good and was I prepaired to buy at either store for $41,500.00. I decided to shop on line the morning before buying and was suprised to find a dealership in Southern Mass, only a half hour from were I live. There internet department was fast and exreemly agressive. They were able to deliver the car to me in boston, and will pick up and deliver my MDX any time i need service and even leave me with an Acura to use while mine is in service
    (FREE OF CHARGE). Any one looking In the Boston Area for a new MDX should Definatly contact First Acura in Seekonk
  • Options
    Thanks, scuba01, for your detailed reply. ;)
  • Options
    manthony33manthony33 Member Posts: 15
    Greetings to you as well. Wanted to let you know that you in the right place to find great deals. I know I got an EXCELLENT deal on my MDX Tech/Ent...I leased it though. You can see my deal in the MDX Lease part of the forum.

If you look around you'll see a couple of different dealerships, but this one consultant comes up in a few different forums...Calvin Moore over at Springfield Acura in NJ. I know he's at www.acurasearch.com

Try him and let us know...I know a few people on here talk about him.
  • Options
    See my post a few above...Price I paid for my tech/entertainment was about $200 over invoice ($42,600) at Acura of Ramsey - I could have probably pushed a bit harder and gotten an even better price, but I had them locate and bring in a Desert Rock Metallic (which is being discontinued as of January and has extremely limited availability right now) so I didn't mind paying that - they were the ONLY dealership of about 5 in the NY/NJ area that said they could get this color - everyone else only had the usual assortment of gray, silver, white and black. I added in sport running boards, side moldings, cargo cover, cargo tray, cargo net and all-season floor mats for $1100 more (installed). Ask for Ed Orol.
  • Options
    neochrisneochris Member Posts: 3
    Does your car include any option?
    Can you email me the name of saleman and color?
  • Options
    baseballmom97baseballmom97 Member Posts: 101
    I'm buying a base '08 MDX at $250 over invoice. $37,478 total.

Dealer wants to charge $250 Documentation fees. When I asked the finance manager if this is a standard fee or is it negotiable. He said it is a standard fee but I would have to talk to my salesperson.

How much should I attempt to negotiate on this doc fee?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    $250?
    I was charged a $100.00 processing fee.
  • Options
    ctstryderctstryder Member Posts: 1
    I am buying an '08 MDX Base as well. I paid $38,000 and this includes: roof rails, cross bars, and cargo cover. I paid $300 doc fee.

I also had a trade in: 1998 Lexus GS with 201,000 miles. I got $5,000 for the trade in. Overall, I was happy with the total package.
  • Options
    I am also looking for 2008 Base model. Can you pls share your detailed quote and dealer info and city. I am in Portland. If anyone got a better deal on 2008 base model, pls share your purchase experience, quote and dealer info. Thanks,
  • Options
    I am also looking for 2008 Base model. Can you pls share your detailed quote and dealer info and city. I am in Portland. If anyone got a better deal on 2008 base model, pls share your purchase experience, quote and dealer info. Thanks,
  • Options
    rxm1rxm1 Member Posts: 3
    Aspen White Pearl

Picked it up from Radley Acura in Fairfax, VA

$36,900 + TTL = $39.500 OTD

Sales man Nader

Excellent service.
  • Options
    dpbhyddpbhyd Member Posts: 15
    I picked up 08 Nimbus gray with tech/entertainment package, cross bars, roof rails, all season mats, wheel locks for 45667.89(including 6yr/100000 miles warranty) from Criswell Acura of Annapolis. The sales person was fabulous and very knowledgeable. What do you guys think of this deal???? (Although, I cant do anything now that I picked up the car)
  • Options
    dogbytedogbyte Member Posts: 8
    Greetings:
    I am attempting to get quotes approx. a month early for a MDX delivery for beginning of Jan. This is proving to be difficult to accomplish. No dealer wants to talk numbers that far out. I am curious though, how a supposedly "hot selling" model such as MDX can be sold: below /at /slightly above invoice, as I am reading here. I don't see this happening for competing vehicles @ Edmunds, i.e. BMW and Volvo in which deals are much closer to MSRP. I am seeking the unknowable? Any input is welcome. Thanks.
  • Options
    dpbhyd - The best price I have seen on the 6 year (72 months)/100k mile extended warranty is about $1110. Assuming this price, you paid approximately $44,557 for the vehicle equipped with your options. The MSRP of your selected accessories (installed) is about $790 (roof rails $321, cross bars $249, all-season mats $135, wheel locks $85 - I took these prices off the eHonda website, which many dealers use to post their installed prices for these options), so you actually paid about $43767 for the vehicle itself, which is about $1367 over invoice (invoice is $42400 on the tech/ent.)...so it seems like it is not a good deal, but I have no idea what your local market is like.
  • Options
    dms9dms9 Member Posts: 137
    Where did you see that warranty. I just bought an 8 year/100,000 mile warranty for $1760 at BernardiWarranty.com. Do you know if I can buy that warranty less somewhere else. It is an Acura Warranty. I didn't know if I needed it, but I figure with all the electronics on the car, it was a good thing to get. I can return it for the next 60 days, so if you know of somewhere I can get it less, I would appreciate you telling me.
  • Options
    Are you 100% sure this is an Acura warranty and treated as such at all Acura dealers. How can their extended warranty be offerred at a lesser price than directly from the dealer?
  • Options
    dms9 - you can rest assured that Bernardi seems to have the lowest price on that warranty, but there are a few other dealers I have seen within $100 of Bernardi's price. The warranty price that I used in my previous response was based on Bernardi's pricing.
  • Options
    The warranty from Bernardi that both dms9 and myself have referenced is the "official" Acura Care warranty, not a 3rd party or no-name product. It is 100% guaranteed to be honored by any Acura dealer.

Prices may vary from dealer-to-dealer becuase Acura only provides an MSRP, which like any other product they sell, can be priced as they see fit.
  • Options
    clintbclintb Member Posts: 4
    Talked to Cathryn... internet sales @ Pohanka Acura

She Immediately quoted me BELOW invoice... and had my deal done and confirmed in less then an hour (At 500 BELOW) ....

Great service.... and a good buying experience

Definitely the most competitive dealer on pricing... I called 7 before I decided to deal with them
  • Options
    ksmith4ksmith4 Member Posts: 1
    I also dealt with Kathryn Piper at Pohanka Acura. She was helpful, nice and gave me lowest price by far. I reccommend calling around and getting a low price. Then, call her and she'll beat it. I live in Arizona and it was cheaper for me to buy in Virginia and ship. I've seen her name on here a few times...she's the best.
  • Options
    clintb and ksmith, please provide details on your purchases, the more the better. Thanks.
  • Options
    ghirsch516ghirsch516 Member Posts: 1
    Im looking to pull the trigger on a 08 MDX with tech/entertainment package at Island Acura Wantagh NY. I will be buying it in full. So far Ive been really disappointed in the minimal amount of effort my salesman has put into trying to sell me the vehicle. I never recieved a followup call and left 2 messages without a call back and Im going on to day 5 since I was last there. I really dont get it since I am ready to buy this vehicle now.

I was quoted:

08 MDX Tech/Ent. $42,998
    Chrome side bars: $799 (installed)
    Roof Rails: $450 (no crossbars) (installed)
    Side Moldings: $379 (installed)

+Tax: $3,848.99
    Total: $48,474.99

I feel they could come down another $500 but they really seem to be giving me a hard time about it. I also purchased a 07 RDX from this dealership about a year ago and thought that they would reward me for being a returning customer. Again any advice would really be appreciated
  • Options
    If you took a little time to read through some of the posts in this thread from the past few weeks, you would already know this isn't a good deal. You're at $600 over invoice and getting ripped off on accessory prices. See my earlier post above from yesterday...
  • Options
    bill124bill124 Member Posts: 246
    I paid 43.2 about a month ago on long island (not Wantagh) and that was after 2 weeks of pushing. I didn't want to go to NJ (I think it was springfield acura) but if you are willing to, those dealers will sell for less. Unless you need now, just wait. Even Long Island will soften with these gas prices.
  • Options
    manthony33manthony33 Member Posts: 15
    I agree with the other posts, your paying a little to much over invoice. A couple of people on this site mentioned Springfield Acura and I was even directed over to Calvin Moore...his name has been floating around these boards. Not saying that he can beat what you already have, but the NJ guys are definitely less expensive than the NY dealerships. He did a great deal for me and other people too.

Also check out www.acurasearch.com, tell them your current price and see.
  • Options
    acuratechacuratech Member Posts: 3
    Check out First Acura in Seekonk. I was planning to buy a Tech Entertainment from Clair in Walpole but found FirsT Acura a dealer just a 15 minutes further and south of Boston. They gave me more for my trade and sold me the MDX i wanted for less. They didnt have the car in stock, but they went above and beyond and got me the MDX i was looking for the next day.