Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    bill124bill124 Member Posts: 246
    Manthony,

Thanks very much. I wanted to make sure I was comparing apples to apples. Some dealers said their price is "all in" so that all I would pay is sales tax and registration. Even with the fee, Springfield is less than NY dealers but only by about 200. I may take the ride just because the NY guys (some, not all) are arrogant about the sale.
  • Options
    lausylausy Member Posts: 14
    Everything is negotiable including fees. It truly is additional profit for the dealership. Just tell them they don't have to waive the fee, but take it off the sales price of the car. My dealership charges $299 for doc fees, I just told them my offer of $500 above invoice included all fees, I'm just paying tax and tags.
  • Options
    realestatemanrealestateman Member Posts: 5
    O.K.

Just bought a 2008 Sport for $45.8K in Seattle, including about $1,400 in options (NET about $44.1K, which is very good up here). But the big news is further down in this email: ACURA PLANS TO CUT DEALER ALLOTMENTS IN ORDER TO CURB INVOICE PRICING AND TO ENHANCE ACURAS IMAGE.

FIRST, MY DEAL:
    The Nimbus gray SPORT was the only one in a multi-state region, except for the L.A. area, and they had it in stock at Hinshaws of Fife, near Tacoma. I did a whole lot of comparisons from here and even in L.A.. I was willing to wait if I could get a significantly better price. However, I checked out Fleetrates.com, who works closely with LA and East Coast discounters and didn't improve upon my deal more than a couple bucks. So, why wait? Support the local dealer, right?

Anyway, I was told that with the included items, that my deal was $900 or so over invoice, more or less. I am not sure that is correct, but I feel comfortable with the 4.6% interest rate on the lease and the price and service I got.

I was going to buy a STERLING GRAY TECH from Acura of Lynnwood, because for $43.8K they were willing to include the very cool $900 sidestep chrome running boards and about $500 in other options.

But for $30 per month I was decide the SPORT offered some really good add'l. stuff. and took the deal and the car away same day, with the aforementioned cool tubular running boards installed, along with the other options.

Not only did I find the SPORT/COMFORT setting useful, but I vastly preferred the wheels on the Sport. Certainly the leather in the Sport is a definite step up and will breathe, too, so that was a "Plus". After dark, the self levelling headlights were actually kind of fascinating on hills, but that was the least interesting reason for getting the Sport, IMO. Still for $30/month more, you get a lot.

I really wanted to purchase from Anthony, the Sales Consultant and Bruce, the pricing guy, in Lynnwood. I appreciated Anthony's incredible knowledge and Bruce's total class. But Brian at Hinshaws was Anthony's equal and very patient, too. It is rare that I feel so well treated that I have TWO car dealers that I want to buy from.

Anyway, to settle a fun bet, Brian actually moved 3 cars out of the way in the Showroom (on a busy Saturday) to bring out the Sterling Gray so I could compare it to the Nimbus Gray, in both the Sun and Shade. The verdict is that the colors are remarkably similar. So much so, you wonder why Acura dropped the Aberdeen Green in favor of another gray that is so close as to be almost indistinguishable from the Nimbus shade (just a bit more greenish hue in the Nimbus).

So, bottom line incorporating the options the choices were:

$582/month including the chrome side step running boards and covers, trays and mats, 42 mo., 12K annual, about $25K residual from Acura of Lynnwood. Very nice guys

OR

$614/month including the same options, 48 mo, 12K annual, $22.9K residual

Again, that included $1,500 worth of options and $1,500 worth of free damage coverage beyond normal wear and tear (if I needed it) and of course the ability to pay off the lease for breakeven sometime between year 2 and 3 if I wanted out.

I OPTED FOR THIS PACKAGE
    Nimbus Gray Sport
    Chrome Side Step Running Boards (included, reg, about $900)
    All Weather cargo mats
    Cargo Tray
    Cargo Cover
    $45.8K
    LEASE PRICE, 48 months, $614 with $3K total O.O.P., 12K miles and $1,500 allowance at drop off for any damage beyond normal wear and tear.

Clearly the cream of the crop up here are Acura of Lynnwood (ask for Anthony) and Brian and his new car mgr. at Hinshaws of Fife, near Tacoma. Avoid Bellevue like the plague. One sales guy was incredibly rude and the other wouldn't deal worth a lick. Of course, I am being told that getting a deal like this will soon be very unlikely up here and even in more traditional discount havens, like L.A. or the N.E.

In fact, the big news is that Acura, starting this month, is cutting back dealer allocation in an effort to stop the crazy invoice pricing that some dealers have been giving out, especially in places like L.A.. Acura feels their image is going to improve dramatically by this practice, and their resale value and reputation will improve even more.

I see it as a long term win for customers that have recently bought or are buying now. Of course, the great deals may dry up soon.

They feel that they have a better car than BMW or Lexus, but that those cars have a better reputation for one reason and one reason only. They keep their discounts to a minimum. So, cutting back production to all dealers this month and for a few months is likely, so that certain dealers will stop their massive price cutting games. I say, GO ACURA! - get rid of the sleazy deales who cut prices to the bone and provide no customer service!

Those that price gouge won't get more cars anyway from now on, so the idea is that they will dramatically curtail the process. Acura may even curtail the normal bonus on each car the dealer sells. No doubt it will create a higher image and higher quality dealer base.

I checked and it seems to be true, EVERY dealer up here is only getting about 1/2 their normal allocation starting this month and for the next few months, at least.

So, BUY SOON, or you may find yourself with less selection and a higher price tag.
  • Options
    smaayehsmaayeh Member Posts: 5
    "In fact, the big news is that Acura, starting this month, is cutting back dealer allocation in an effort to stop the crazy invoice pricing that some dealers have been giving out, especially in places like L.A.. Acura feels their image is going to improve dramatically by this practice, and their resale value and reputation will improve even more. "

Sounds like a sales pitch to me... While MDX sales are up this year, overall Acura sales year-to-date are down 8%. This would be a bad time to increase prices which would lead to even lower sales.
  • Options
    bakaithbakaith Member Posts: 1
    I wanted to know if anyone got the 2.9% APR for a 2008 Acura recently. I know their last offer ended on 09/04, and the current offer is only for 2007 MDX. Is it possible to get this deal for MDX 2008? TIA
  • Options
    lisam35lisam35 Member Posts: 9
    how is $3,500 off msrp for 2008 MDX with Tech Package?
  • Options
    nickelnickel Member Posts: 147
    How much is that?
  • Options
    Well, decided time and effort to pursue another hundred or two just not worth it. 43.2 for '08 tech and entertainment on Long Island is very good (two dealers wouldn't even match Westchester and Manhattan would, but not lower). Also, my local dealership has two lists when it comes to service -- 1 for people that bought there and 1 that did not. They will service you even if you didn't buy but you wait longer for appointment and they just don't happen to have loaners on that day. So, to go to NJ for $42.8 and then pay $189 for documents and then another 50- 100 for other fees, just wasn't worth it. Local salesman was pleasant, though it is all a game. When he told him we had a deal at 43.2, I told him I'd come in and sign. He said great. I told him I'd like to get car later later this week as I don't want my trade in to get damaged, etc. He said "oh, we sold the car you wanted but will get another in soon". I said no VIN, no deal -- call me when you get it and if I haven't bought elsewhere, fine. He called me back in 5 minutes and said the car was there (the person that was buying it decided they didn't want it) so I went and signed up. One thing I learned from relative that was in business -- without a vin, dealer can sell car to someone willing to pay more that wants car quickly. They all say they don't do that but I don't believe it.

As to not paying other fees, I agree all is profit but at the end of the day, if dealer won't sell below a certain price, you either pay it or go elsewhere and to drive 1 hour each way in NYC traffic, pay tolls, etc, it's just not worth it. I don't know if NY dealers collude on price but the NYC Mercedes dealers did a few years ago and were nailed by NY Attorney General for it. Seemed odd that Manhattan and Westchester came to same "final" number independently as my dealer but strange things do happen.

Hope to get the car later this week.

Thanks to all for your assistance.

Bill
  • Options
    dms9dms9 Member Posts: 137
    I have a nimbus grey sport. I too think the sport is worth it. I just wish they would badge it differently, maybe an MDX-S.

The one feature I can't figure out is the self leveling headlights? What do they do and when? I haven't noticed that they are any different than regular headlights?
  • Options
    manthony33manthony33 Member Posts: 15
    Hey dms9, Not sure if your salesman explained it to you properly, but the self leveling headlights only work when your towing something heavy like a boat or have tons of stuff in the back. What happens is if your towing or have a heavy payload thats weighing down the truck and causing the front end to go up, the head lamps will level off towards the ground rather than point up in the air.

My salesman has a site dedicated to Acura stuff www.acurasearch.com
  • Options
    krspokrspo Member Posts: 6
    Hi Bill,
    Can you tell me which dealer you bought from on Long Island?
  • Options
    dms9dms9 Member Posts: 137
    thanks. my salesperson (who has since left) wasn't so great, although I did really like the dealership. I didn't get much explanation on things, but I am pretty technical so I have figured most of it out.
  • Options
    stevebo55stevebo55 Member Posts: 6
    Ladies and Gents,
    Can anyone recommend an acura dealer near San Diego? I bought a TL from norm reeves in temecula some years ago but since then I read that they are not competitive. Any recent stories? I searched this forum and read maybe 20 pages with no joy. I am willing to drive an hour or two to get a good price. thanks, steve
  • Options
    sleepysoosleepysoo Member Posts: 54
    yes...Cerritos Acura was pretty good. I got my 08 MDX tech for for $40,100, $1500 out of pocket (including $480 towards cap cost red), and $600/month (that's including tax). 36 months, 12k miles/year.

they were pretty good with negotiations. I know someone who tried to get this same deal this month, and they said they wouldn't do it for this price, but my experience with them has been pretty good. They will negotiate with you. Weir Canyon Acura is HORRIBLE! don't go there. I heard that Tustin Acura is pretty decent. but, i've gotten all my best deals at Cerritos Acura. they're pretty reasonable.

I used to live in San Diego. I know that Honda dealerships and Acura dealerships, although "same" brand, are different in negotiations, but i got a civic at Cush once, and they were horrible. but, at the time, i thought we got a decent deal, but in hindsight, they ripped me off. So, i'm not sure about Cush acura.

hope that helps!
  • Options
    alexsuvalexsuv Member Posts: 4
    Not sure it is the right forum for my question:
    Is it easy to install roof rails and cross bars on 2008 MDX by myself? Does it require any special tools or skills so that only can (should) be done at the dealership? I found this accessory on the web cheaper than at Acura dealerships, so I was wondering if I could save on buying it elsewhere and also self-installing it. Thanks.
  • Options
    baseballmom97baseballmom97 Member Posts: 101
    How likely is it that I can buy a 2007 or 2008 MDX base model at invoice in the Columbus, Ohio area?

I'm trying to decide between buying my '04 Sequoia at lease end in one month for $24,200 or a new MDX? The upside to the MDX is that we can keep it for at least 8 years and that it will hopefully get better gas mileage than the Sequoia. The downside to the MDXis that it is in the ballpark of $15,000 more than the used Sequoia. The other downside is that it requires premium gas -- this is surprising to me.

Also, we have a '99 Acura RL in great condition with 93K to trade in -- if we buy a new MDX, how likely is it that the dealer will give us a good trade-in price for the RL?

We can definitely afford the MDX but my husband absolutely hates to spend money on a depreciating asset and would rather invest the money. I think if you buy a new Acura, you can keep it problem-free for several years...

With the above scenario, what makes more financial sense??
  • Options
    I would prefer not to name the dealership that I signed with because I haven't yet taken delivery and I don't know if they read this and my comments weren't all good... I can tell you I dealt with 3 on LI, plus Westchester, Manhattan, Springfield (NJ) and Motorworld and in the end, outside NY was less by about 200 - 250, plus you have the price I paid -- there were some fees they told me were their out of pocket -- registration, title (to get it fast) and something else (but under 150). 43.2 was as low as they would go after almost a week plus of back and forth. I even spoke with business mgr at Westchester and he said he just won't let it go for less -- that it's not a lot to make on a car with that price -- and he claims they sell more Acura's than anyone on East Coast. So, I think you have enough to get that price or at least be close -- or go outside LI. Clearly they are more aggressive in pricing than overcrowded, overpriced and overtaxed LI. So why am I here? Family.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,375
    Hi, alexsuv..

You might have better luck posting your questions in this discussion: Acura MDX Accessories and Modifications

Good luck!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    vvarghesevvarghese Member Posts: 2
    Ofcourse, I bought an MDX tech package-08 model below invoice prize just recently. pttv02@yahoo is my email ID if some one need assistance.
    Viju
  • Options
    vvarghesevvarghese Member Posts: 2
    Ofcourse, I bought an MDX tech package-08 model below invoice prize just recently. pttv02yahoo is my email ID if some one need assistance.
    Viju
  • Options
    Congrats on that. Where do you live and what area did you buy in?
  • Options
    Do you think 44,100 is good for 07 Sport/Ent? If I take 07 I can get the 2.9/3 years or 4.9/4years financing? That would be $44,100 plus tax.
  • Options
    Hi,

I originally was looking at 2007 MDX with Tech and Ent and got the pricing via Costco's pricing. They put me in touch with Smithtown Acura and if I remember right, it was 200 over invoice or 43.3 and then he mentioned an '08 for I think 1,300 more (or 43,600) and I started thinking it was worth it to go for the newer car. Anyway, looks like your price is 100 over invoice of 43,996 so based on this very unscientific method, seems good. For what it's worth, I know that that when the 2007s came out, they put a $2,000 rebate out for 2006. My friend bought an '06 in Sept 2007 for about $6,000 under MSRP for tech model but that was probably due to the redesign (I don't have exact numbers with me but I do in my office) and wouldn't count on that based on what's out there now.

Bill
  • Options
    chaosattractorchaosattractor Member Posts: 16
    krspo,

Do you know if there are any special financing rates for 08 models?
  • Options
    As of now there are not any special financing offers on the 08's. If anyone knows when they started the offers on the 07's that may help give an idea when we would start to see them on 08's.
  • Options
    Thanks, for the info Bill. I didn't see any rebates posted anywhere on the 07's. I'd love to know if that is a possibility because that would affect my negotiations.
  • Options
    I found the details I was looking for. His sticker for 2006 MDX, which I have in front of me, said $43,315. His price on order form on 9/23/06 was 37,152, a difference of $6,163 (although probably some standard fees that were on actual contract not reflected). Kind of irrelevant in this market but I was really in awe when I saw it and what made me start looking at MDX in first place (as opposed to Mazda CX-9). Again, that was last year before redesign so that probably factored into Acura's decision to provide rebate.
  • Options
    My husband and I test-drove both the RDX and MDX yesterday. We definitely liked the MDX better -- the RDX felt more like an entry level SUV. The only thing I would have prefered was a brown wood tone on the dash rather than the grayish black wood....not sure what's up with that...

We were interested in buying an '07 MDX but there were no base models available in a color that we liked. We made an offer of $250 over invoice on a base '08 MDX.

Dealer came back with $800 over -- we walked out...we're not that desperate. We may just buy out our leased '04 Sequoia and go back to Acura next Spring or Summer. When is the best time for incentives?
  • Options
    Next summer, unless inventories swell before then and even this year, I think I only saw interest rate type incentives, no rebates. 2006 was unique.
  • Options
    acacia379acacia379 Member Posts: 4
    Just leased a 2008 MDX Base 42 month 12k miles for $547/month....36 month was $569/month.. They gave me value on my trade at $200 less than Edmunds used car value program....so when you add the equity of my trade ($1400)plus a check I cut for $687 it comes out to about $2100. Spent too much time shopping and fighting for 3 weeks...they wore me down. I was happy to unload my trade at its value and get a new MDX. I believe it is a good deal if everyone walks away happy.
  • Options
    heywood1heywood1 Member Posts: 851
    Buy out the lease on your Sequoia. It's a great vehicle, and the $15,000 you save vs. a new MDX will buy a LOT of gas.

Don't bother trading your RL. Considering the age and the mileage, a dealer will only give you auction value. You should try and sell it yourself. AutoTrader offers a one-price ad that runs until your vehicle sells.
  • Options
    woohoo!!! congrats!!! it's a great car!! you're right. if you're happy with the deal, you got a great deal!!!
  • Options
    bimmerguy288bimmerguy288 Member Posts: 21
    Hi,

I am looking at a 2008 MDX with Tech and Ent package to replace our Sienna and RX330. The Sienna is our 3rd car and we don't really need it. The MDX seems to be a good compromise. Anyway, MSRP for 2008 MDX with Tech and Ent package is $46,610, invoice is $42,398. If I offer $1,000 above invoice, before tax and title, is it fair and doable in Maryland/DC area? I am no friend of car dealers but I understand they have to eat too.

What do you guys/ladies think?

Thanks,
  • Options
    lausylausy Member Posts: 14
    $1K over is definitely doable. I paid $500 over on Sport/Ent at the end of Sep. in NOVA. That was inclusive of the infamous dealer fees upwards of $299 here. As a matter of fact, it was so easy, I was shocked when they said yes. good luck.
  • Options
    wtliao321wtliao321 Member Posts: 35
    I paid $42715 + fees + tags + tax for 2008 MDX Tech/Ent, Sterling Gray/Tapue in MD this week, which is about $300 over invoice. Great buying experince at Rosenthal Acura. The dealer fee is $95 in MD.
  • Options
    bimmerguy288bimmerguy288 Member Posts: 21
    Thanks much, lausy and wtliao. Your deals sound great. Now I have some ideas. Thanks again.
  • Options
    morgantiamorgantia Member Posts: 10
    I'm looking to purchase a CPO or used '04 MDX Touring in the Boston/RI area. I'd want NAV and mileage to be between 40-55K.

I'm seeing retail asking prices anywhere from 22.5 K (non-CPO) to 28.5-31K (CPO). These cars are not in short supply (at least 30 CPO meeting these requirements available within an hours drive, up to 80 available if I include non-CPO and am flexible on the Nav). In checking carfaxes, the inventory on these cars is moving, but a fair number are on the lots or listed in inventory for 30-60 days.

Has anyone bought a CPO MDX recently, and how much below (percentage-wise) the dealer's asking price were you able to go?

I've like to pay 20% below asking (starting negotiation at 25-28% below), but I don't know if say....24K - 25K on a 30K is even reasonable. If it's CPO I'd add in the wrap-around Acura-Care bringing it another 1K.

Thanks,
  • Options
    serotta_b1krserotta_b1kr Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to buy an 08 MDX w/ sport package in the Seattle area. I have hit pretty much most of the area dealers (Acura of Seattle, Bellevue Acura and Lynwood Acura). I also want the following accessories, roof rails, roof cross bars, sport running boards and the standard northwest package (cargo mat, all weather mats, door edge guards).

The best price I have received is $46k (the car was in stock). I have no trade-in, as I am selling my car myself. It seems like this is kind of high based upon postings of others.

Depending on how you value the accessories, I am paying about $44,500 for the vehicle. This is about $2k over invoice.

So, is this a good deal? I don't mind waiting or looking to a different part of the country and having the vehicle shipped.

thanks in advance for any replies or suggestions.
  • Options
    bauksbauks Member Posts: 8
    Where! I'm ready to buy and I have been getting some run around. Great price quoted then I I'm ready to hand over a check and ..... oh we sold that one!
  • Options
    Is $250 over invoice a reasonable offer? Or do I need to offer $300 - $500 over invoice?

We're in the Columbus, Ohio area? There are 3 local dealers -- anyone have a preference between Acura Columbus, Lindsay Acura and Matthews Acura in Marion??
  • Options
    smaayehsmaayeh Member Posts: 5
    I don't think their are currently any dealer incentives on the 08's. I had to fight hard to get $400 over in Texas, but ever region is different.
  • Options
    Totally market driven. If your local dealers are sticking to their guns, you either pay or don't buy or you go outside your local area and can save but you really need to weigh some factors in travelling far. If there is a problem, yes, local dealer must do warranty work but don't for a minute think they will treat you the same on a brand new car as if you bought it there. On the other hand, for $1,000 or more, it's probably worth the drive.
  • Options
    That brings up an interesting point -- if I buy from a dealer 40 minutes from my house and take it to the dealer that is 8 minutes from my house, will there be issues with how I am treated??
  • Options
    It is certainly possible thought not supposed to happen. One way to tell is call up to make an appointment and see if they ask if you bought it there. If so, ask them why.
    Another thing that happens is they make loaners more difficult for you. I am not saying they all do it. The warranty work pays a lot of bills but I HAVE seen it done with Mercedes and an Acura dealer suggested it can happen. Why should they not take better care of "their own" is their response. Hopefully others will give their experience.
  • Options
    jsfox1999jsfox1999 Member Posts: 3
    Just bought last weekend and thought I'd share my experience in case it may help someone. I'm actually from NH but with only 2 dealers in the state I ended up searching the MA dealers as well.

Salesperson at Claire in N. Hampton was great but sales manager was a jerk. They also could not compete with the prices of the Nashua (sunnyside) or MA dealers. Of the MA dealers Bernardi in Brighton was by far the most professional and straightforward. Peabody was great to deal with but not so great on the price. Herb Connelly in Framingham seemed very deceptive to me and while their pricing was in the ballpark I just got a bad feeling from the way they did business.

I ended up buying in Nashua because they offered a good deal (although I bet I could have got Bernardi to beat it by a little) and I prefer to keep my money in state. :

08 MDX sport/ent in sterling/taupe:
    roof rack
    cross bars
    all season mats
    sport running boards
    cargo tray
    cargo net
    side moldings
    third wireless headset

Total price $46.6 including a $200 doc fee (that I had them take off the price of the car)
  • Options
    you know, i bought my MDX from a different place than where i take it for service. i've had an mdx in the past, and i've never had any issues with them treating me bad because i didn't buy it there. either with warranty issues or regular scheduled check ups. in fact, they're really good to me and i have no problems getting a loaner car. but, you know, it could be that there's many more dealerships out my way, so any business is good for them. but, my husband drives an accord, and we take it to a different dealership than from where we bought it, and we have no problems either. Actually, the Honda and Acura dealership we take it to is the same owner..Weir Canyon in Yorba Linda. But, they did ask me once why we didn't buy it at their place. I told them the truth..that the price they quoted was WAY more than what other places quoted. and then they never asked again. they were really nice!!!
  • Options
    Thanks. I'm not saying it is an issue but it could be and I had it happen to me. I would think the warranty work is good business and keeps shop busy, etc. but this particular Mercedes dealership on Long Island in NY is really arrogant and they absolutely have 2 lists and they are clear about it. And at that point, because I have another dealer about 15 min away who gladly takes my car, it's not worth fighting with the closer one and risking them screwing up my car.
  • Options
    4tune814tune81 Member Posts: 5
    Hi--

My wife and I just picked up a 2008 base model MDX in the SF Bay Area (Burlingame)-- invoice, plus destination, registration, & $42 doc fee. We ended up leasing for 36 months/ 12K per year with a money factor of .0028. We were told the .0026 was only available on a 24 month lease, which we were not interested in due to the overall poor economics of a super-short lease (i.e. very compressed depreciation).

We had been out doing some test drives on Sunday and hadn't really intended to buy immediately since the good ol' 1996 Explorer with 220K+ miles is still running :D . Having previously ruled out the BMW X-5, Volvo XC-90, MB ML350 and various other potential contenders for a variety of reasons, we test drove the Mazda CX-9, Buick Enclave and new Toyota Highlander (all of which were excellent in many ways). But the MDX was the clear winner in our opinion, and given our intended usage, its smaller size/cargo capacity and more difficult 3rd seat access were basically non-issues to us.

So we found ourselves early Sunday evening at the Acura dealer, hearing about how they'd had a slow weekend, and pitching us. I said if they could do invoice with no additional mark up, I'd be willing to pull the trigger, but the best they'd do was invoice + $500. So we left. Very cordial, but firm.

As we're leaving, my wife says to me "I'll bet we get a phone call tomorrow offering us the deal." I wouldn't bet, since I agreed that it didn't take a psychic to see that coming. And sure enough, the next day we got the deal. Fortunately we liked one of the color combos they had in stock (Nimbus Grey w/ Taupe), and the paperwork and walk thru was quick, professional and painless. All in all, a very pleasant buying (or leasing) experience. They would have offered the same deal (invoice) on an in-stock Tech package (and perhaps the Sport, RSES, etc., too, but we didn't ask), but we decided we really didn't need to spend the extra $$ on the Tech pkg since we already have a Garmin Nuvi GPS that we move from car to car on those relatively rare occasions where we actually NEED a GPS. The rest of the Tech (ELS audio pkg, back-up camera, phone display, etc.) were all "nice to haves" and not "need to haves" and I can come up with many creative ideas for how to spend (or, heaven forbid, save/invest) the $$ delta.

Thanks to all on this forum for the sage advice -- definitely helped me save some time and money. Nothing beats REAL consumer-to-consumer information and experiences!
  • Options
    WOOHOO!!! congrats!! i used to think that way too, but after having a previous MDX with a nav, i'm TOTALLY spoiled. now i have to have navi...my poor hubby...he wants me to get the portable one too. hehehhe...i won that argument! but, congrats on the new car! you're gonna love it!
  • Options
    oh yeah!!! my mom has a benz, and her service is HORRIBLE at the dealership she goes to (she doesn't go to the same place she bought it at...) hahaha...it's great you have a great dealership nearby!!