Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• progerproger Member Posts: 44
    ejortega, could you please share the dealer you got $1,000 over invoice. Thank you.
  • timberltimberl Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for 2004 MDX Touring (Nighthawk Black Pearl) ... the local dealers in upstate NY are quoting $1200 off MSRP which comes to $38350. Have any of you in NY, CT areas got a better deal recently? Please share dealer info. Thanks.
  • covelifecovelife Member Posts: 3
    As soon as this deal is finalized and the car is officially ours, which I hope to be over the weekend, I will be happy to post the dealership name, and can provide you with the salesperson's name by email.
  • ezlflyerezlflyer Member Posts: 3
    I purchased from Concord Acura. Marin Acura was also very competitive and came out with the most agressive bid initially.
    Does this stands for TAX, TAG, LICENCE. I know we pay for Tax,which goes up to the 1K+ and pay for DMV for around $35.00 but there's a dealers fee that is about $400.00? Just wondering whats all about. I know they try to charge you for 'etching' and stripes and runs around $500.00 in addition to MSRP. Any inputs about the $400.00 fee or is this another profit for them? Please advice.
  • abcnycabcnyc Member Posts: 101
    How does one handle the paperwork from Lindsay if the car is being delivered ? Do they just send the documentation, and you just mail it back ? Do you give final payment when the car is delivered ?
  • bradkapbradkap Member Posts: 12
    Anyone have any information on where to go in Cincinnati, Dayton or Columbus ? How much did you pay and for what ? I have seen the posts on Lindsey and they seem great, I am in Cincy and would like to deal with someone closer ?
  • falcon74falcon74 Member Posts: 67
    I am particularly interested in the dealer costs and reasonable installation costs for the following options:
    towing package
    body side molding
    side steps
    tailgate spoiler

Thanks in advance.
  • zster1zster1 Member Posts: 6
    Don't even think about getting a price from them. The sales staff and new car manager were complete jerks. I will never buy a car from them even though they were very competitive on price
  • 2003tls2003tls Member Posts: 100
    Anyone out there bought a 2004 MDX from Pfluegger Acura (Honolulu, Hawaii)? Since they are the only Acura dealer in 2,500 miles, we don't have much choice here. Still, trying to decide between a Pilot and a MDX and price is a factor. Thanks in advance.
  • ejortegaejortega Member Posts: 3
    The dealer was Hopkins Acura of Fairfield. Made my deal in 03' at $1000.00 over invoice. I picked up on 1/02/04. Because it was a lease, and I took possession in 04' the depreciation % went from 59% to 58%. Dealer knocked off an addition $500.00. Sales price was $36,150 with touring package.
    Again, ask for the internet/fleet manager
    Good luck
  • ejortegaejortega Member Posts: 3
    That's Hopkins Acura of Fairfield CA.
  • eddiemaceddiemac Member Posts: 141
    Once we had agreed to the deal, Lindsay Acura sent us all of the paperwork via FedEx. We signed the papers, made our copies, and sent the originals back to Lindsay via FedEx(the sent us a prepaid return envelope with the documents). We set a delivery date and the car was driven to our home in DC. Once at our house, we gave them the check from our credit union, as well as a partial payment on Visa. Please feel free to contact me if you have ANY questions regarding the process. I can talk faster than I can type.
  • aleksd1aleksd1 Member Posts: 37
    Just wanted to thank everybody for the info I got on this forum. Last week I bought a 2004 Touring.
    Based on the advice of someone on this forum(don't remember who exactly) I asked for AAA pricing and got my car for 36,300 +TTL. I took it on a long trip from Santa Barbara to Santa Fe and back and the car perfomed very well. The only thing I did not like was the torque steer(my only comparison is Infiniti J30, so maybe I'm expecting too much) and 'Side airbag off' warning light came out 5-6 times during the trip. Other then that I'm very happy with the car. Thank you all for advice and info.
     Alex
  • nazirvnazirv Member Posts: 15
    The passenger air bag light will come on if something is on the front passenger seat that weighs less than 65 lbs. A safety feature for small children where you do not want it to be armed. The same thing happened to me with my briefcase on the passenger seat. It actually came on and off intermittently. Check your quick start guide in the glove box for more details.
  • sariguptasarigupta Member Posts: 7
    I just bought for 1700 under msrp and might be able to talk to my salesman if you want. I am at indianapolis,IN about 100 miles away. Dealer quoted 1000 below msrp
  • falcon74falcon74 Member Posts: 67
    Congrats on your purchase. Would you mind sharing where you purchased your vehicle at?

Thanks
    lol, I thought you were just around here. I'm here in the other side of the ocean VA and you are in the Pacific ocean CA. Everybody would jump on a 1k over invoice or roughly $3,000 below MSRP.
    The best I can get is around $1,000 below MSRP and maybe a little more. Thanks anyway ejortega.
  • aleksd1aleksd1 Member Posts: 37
    I purchased the car at Gold Cost Acura in Ventura, CA. Got my original quote from Valencia Acura and when I stopped by Gold Cost Acura for a test drive and told them about AAA pricing, they offered to match it.
  • gty62gty62 Member Posts: 25
    just completed a deal on a Touring MDX (no DVD, no Nav) in lower NY / Hudson Valley for $1,675 under MSRP, plus another $500 off of $1,300 in accessories. Got it thru one of those online free price quotes - either thru one listed on carbuyingtips.com, or msn.com's AutoPriceQuote link. Good luck.
  • zhengyingzhengying Member Posts: 11
    Just get back from INSKIP ACURA, got a 04 MDX w/touring package for $37000 + ttl. black on black, everything goes nice except 4 weeks waiting
    You did great zhengying. You got it for $1,323 over invoice or $2,545 off the MSRP. I'm still waiting for mine w/ navi and willing to go 2K over invoice. Hope they give it to me.
  • metmdxmetmdx Member Posts: 270
    Can you give us name of the dealer you got your X at?
    tia,
    metmdx
  • wlh0001wlh0001 Member Posts: 4
    Can you give us the dealer and salesman that you got the MDX from if it is in southern California? Thanks a lot.
    Heart Acura on Rte 9, north of Fishkill.
    I used the internet and contacted the internet sales manager, I'm not sure he'll take walk-in's (apparently, just doing internet sales he's top salesman - so he may be restricted - don't know for sure.) Dealer had to trade for the color/option combo we wanted (MDX's are apparently so popular here that most dealers can't keep 'em in stock, and they actually sell them from their order (production line allotment) - then swap with other dealers if their order doesn't include what you want . . .) Apparently, with this method, a dealer can get the exact combo of color and options you want within anywhere from a few days to 4 - 6 weeks. Good luck.
  • ctwoctwo Member Posts: 7
    Looking for a 2004 RR Touring Navi/Res, anywhere from Sacramento to the Bay Area. Any $ suggestions and or dealer experiences. So far the best I've gotten $1500 under MSRP from 2 dealers
    Nascar and everyone else, did you negotiate with dealers on accessories? Were they willing to work with you? TIA
  • ggritsggrits Member Posts: 1
    We are looking for a 2004 MDX - with navi. Anyone buy in the north Atlanta area? If so, can you recommend a dealer who will give a good price? Thanks
  • anildelanildel Member Posts: 9
    would appreciate if you can email me the detail of salesman. I'm looking for the 04 mdx and Indiana is not very far to drive from.
  • sariguptasarigupta Member Posts: 7
    I just sent you e mail on your hot mail address . Let me know if you get it or not
  • bibi1bibi1 Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

Can anybody tell me what they paid for this 100K or 7 year extended warranty from this manufacturer? I was quoted around 1700.00.

Thanks alot
  • lvskeeterlvskeeter Member Posts: 2
    I just agreed to purchase an 04 Touring/Nav Aspen White Pearl including Tow Pkg, Fender Flares, Wood Steering Wheel, Wood Instrument Trim, Wood Shift Knob, Running Boards, Cargo Cover, Cargo Net and Wheel Locks for $43,195 +T & L. Did I do good? Delivery end of January. Believe I got the accessories at list, but about $2300 off MSRP.
  • bibi1bibi1 Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

You can cross check your your accesories at http://www.hondacuraworld.com/. They provide acura parts at reduced pricing. It was pretty substantial when I compared to my dealers markup.
    So far, best offer for 2004 mdx tour navi/dvd was $41745 + ttl and $1800 for accessories & install(Side steps, flares, visor, spoiler, all season mats, cargo cover & wheel locks). The snag so far is on trade in(as expected). Otherwise what do you think?
  • otomikotomik Member Posts: 2
    Sure, at Sunnyvale Acura in No. California.
    I would suggest asking your local dealer if they would like to sell their shuttle/courtesy vehicle. At least you know it's taken care of and only abused by a few customers, if any at all.
    You gotta have some luck as my vehicle became available when my salesman informed me about it before it was even listed.

Good luck.
    For $41745, you made $1500 off MSRP, which is average some get more or less. If you really like the accessories, for $1800, you made a good deal. The trade in is where they get more of the profit. That's what I think.
  • wclarkjr1wclarkjr1 Member Posts: 19
    I live in Charlotte, so I will most likely be dealing wit Hendrick Acura or another dealership within a decent driving distance. I want the Touring model with the DVD entertainment system.
    How much off MSRP is good for my area? I've heard as much as $1,500 off in other areas. Any insight on Hendrick Acura??
  • lvskeeterlvskeeter Member Posts: 2
    This has probably been asked and reasked, but has anyone out there been able to get a discount on Acura's extended warranty for the X? If so, what kind of discount did you get? Thanks for your reply. We get our new Aspen White Pearl Touring with Nav at the end of January. Can't wait!
  • njgladiatornjgladiator Member Posts: 10
    Where should I go in New Jersey for the best price on the touring and Nav pkg ?

thanks
  • painfulbargainpainfulbargain Member Posts: 2
    Got an offer $34,800 + $400 documentation fee + TTL for:
    04 base model + roof rack, cargo tray, splash boards, environmental protection package, wheel locks. Should I go for it? I'm in NC.
    I think you got a good deal. $2145 off MSRP or $1463 over invoice plus accesories.
  • sfhamsfham Member Posts: 2
    Dealer in southern Virginia matched Lindsay Acura quote on requested MDX w/NAV & RES. $2745 off MSRP + $395 dealer fee + TTL. Feel free to email me for more information.
    Hi sfham, could you please share the dealer? Thank you.
    'not sure what you mean by documentation fee - but I figure you're lookin' at $1,745 off MSRP (Base model $36,945). Does the price you list here include those options, or are those options in addition to the price you list? I'm looking at $1,600 off MSRP on a Touring model, with significant discounts on accessories (installed cheaper than I can buy them for . ...), so, if your number includes the options - IMO it's a good deal!! Good Luck.
    same question - what's a dealer fee? if the dealer discounts the car by $2745, but adds a fee of $395 for doing it, then the discount is really $2,350 (which by the way, appears to be a great deal!) Also, does the price quoted include the Acura $545 destination charge?
  • teresboteresbo Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Please email me the dealer information.

Thanks
  • sfhamsfham Member Posts: 2
    The dealer was Hall Acura in Newport News. The $395 dealer fee was listed separately to be consistent with previous postings. This fee is similar/equivalent to the $499 dealer fee charged by Rick Case in Ft. Lauderdale and both dealers included it with the TTL. Also, the MSRP I utilized for this calculation included the $545 destination charge.(teresbo: mlgoofy_1999@yahoo.com) Please feel free to email me, as I can't see your address because I believe 'private' was the default used on your profile.
  • edog11edog11 Member Posts: 12
    I guess the documentation fee varies throughout the state of VA. All northern VA dealers that I have come across charge $249 for this. The purchase form has the fee pre-printed on it with "not required by law" in parenthesis. Nevertheless, Hall Acura offered you a much, much better deal than me. I got basically the same deal as you from Lindsay Acura in Ohio. I will be purchasing with them.
  • painfulbargainpainfulbargain Member Posts: 2
    yes, the documentation fee is nonsense dealer's charge. We should include it in the sales price. And the price includes the destination charge, and all the options. One mistake, there was no splash guard in the option.
    Looks like supply-side down there - it's all demand-side here in NY. Dealers can't keep 'em in stock,and thus don't deal much; been to three dealers, and none had an inventory to deal off of - just the demo, and cars 'to be delivered' were on the lot. That's a good price - you should get two!!!!!!