Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    hrayhray Member Posts: 4
    Newmdx1....Are you in Cary and dealing with Leith or Performance in Chapel Hill?
  • Options
    kennyskennys Member Posts: 1
    Choose between 2.9% financing or $1000 cash.
  • Options
    ec123ec123 Member Posts: 12
    You should be able to get the whole $1000 from the dealer. If they tell you otherwise, don't believe it. One of the first dealers I stopped at tried to charge me $200 OVER invoice (saying that he was only making $200 on the deal). I ended up shopping around and was able to get my car for $1992 under invoice (the dealer still made $289 from my calculations). Good luck!
  • Options
    ec123ec123 Member Posts: 12
    Picked up our MDX on Saturday and the dealer showed me the Autobahnd Roadblock protection (the "invisible" film they put across the bumpers and hood) on another vehicle. Did anyone else go with this? Reviews around edmunds.com say that it does actually work in protecting against stone chips and salt. I was quoted a "rock bottom" price of $650 from the dealer here in Chicago. From what I understand you cannot buy this unless you go through the dealer. Was anyone able to obtain a better price in Chicago?

Thanks!
  • Options
    jaymojaymo Member Posts: 10
    Hi Jon,

We bought our Nav model at Acura in Bellevue, but negotiated with most of the local dealers (Hinshaw, Acura of Seattle, Spokane, and Portland. Lynnwood never responded to us). We were pleased with Bellevue's low pressure, professionalism and were not even pressured for any of the add-ons/extended warranties.

We also considered trying to get a deal in California if it was much better, but after you figure in airfare and driving expenses (not to mention time), it would have had to be quite a lot cheaper for it to be worth it to us.

Good luck- keep us posted on what you come up with.
  • Options
    josheeljosheel Member Posts: 73
    Anyone who could advise me on how much it should cost for mdx W nav.and ent. with .081 sales tax out the door would really be helping I get so many different answers from dealers and they all sound to high. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    levinemslevinems Member Posts: 1
    I live in Maryland and am interested in the 2006 MDX with NAVI. Where do I go to get a look at what invoice should be on the different levels and what do people think of warranties?

If anyone has thoughts on Maryland area dealers and prices, I would appreciate them.

Thank you.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,280
    Invoice prices?

How about right here on Edmunds.com?

2006 Acura MDX: Pricing

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    dgklidgkli Member Posts: 11
    Here on Long Island, I'm struggling to get a dealer willing to go to invoice price (on a lease), much less go below it. I found a dealer upstate who says he'll go $1,000 below invoice (not talking about the incentive here, since it's a lease), but I'd rather not have to go far from home. Anyone have any success with dealers in LI or NYC metro area in getting below invoice pricing (again, besides the incentive)?

Thanks.
  • Options
    needmdx1needmdx1 Member Posts: 3
    just bought a 2006 MDX Touring+Nav with the following break up in the Atlanta area

$38000 + $499 (doc prep fee) + 7% tax + 60 (tag & title)
    with the 2.9% financing.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    Thank you that does help
  • Options
    knvmdxknvmdx Member Posts: 8
    This may not be the place to ask, but all of you seem very knowledgeable about the MDX. What is the difference between the MDX and the Honda Pilot, with respect to the engine? Are they the same? Also is there anything different about the suspension. Does the MDX have a smoother ride? Your advice is most appreciated as I am in the look out for a MDX. I don’t want to pay more for a MDX if I can get the same with a Pilot.
  • Options
    hazmartyhazmarty Member Posts: 32
    Hey dgkli
    Take a look at my April 15 post under Lease Questions. I got a quote from Acura of Valley Stream on an internet referal that I think meets your criterion of going to invoice price (or a bit lower).
  • Options
    dgklidgkli Member Posts: 11
    Thank you hazmarty, I have an inquiry in to them. For some reason, the dealers seem less willing to deal this month than they were last month, unless it's because we're in the middle of the month. The money factor and residual have changed since Feb.
  • Options
    mayhermayher Member Posts: 41
    The best answer that I can give you is to drive one of each. My wife had her mind set on a Pilot, until she drove an MDX and a Pilot back to back. Kind of like eating vanilla ice cream all of your life and then tasting cookies and cream for the first time. The Pilot is a very capable vehicle in all aspects. The MDX excels in ride, handling and overall finish. If you look at the price of a Pilot EXL ( leather, no nav or rear seat ent. ) and then price a base MDX, you will find that the MDX offers more equipment for aprox. $4,100 more in MSRP. There are some great deals on the MDX at this time, as Acura prepares for the 2007 MDX ( newly designed ). Also remember that you will get a good % of the difference back when you trade or sell the vehicle. Both Honda and Acura retain aprox. the same % of trade in value. When you do the math, you will find that the cost of owning a MDX over a Pilot is not that big of difference. The MDX does recommend prem. fuel, where the Pilot runs on reg. I have not tried it, but I have been told the MDX will also run fine on reg. or mid-grade. The MDX is rated at about 8 H.P more than the Pilot. Drive one of each, and then make your choice.
  • Options
    divermondivermon Member Posts: 5
    MDX also has a longer warranty and maintenance coverage. It is far more comfortable and convenient inside, better fit and finish, and is on a different frame than the Pilot. To me, all these are big differences that well justify the small difference in cost. I suspect that total cost of ownership is even closer between these two vehicles.
  • Options
    yato1yato1 Member Posts: 5
    Hello All,

Thanks for all your inputs. I'm looking to purchase the MDX 2006 Touring w/Navi, w/running boards, Ipod Link, Gold trim package, and side body molding in the next couple of days in Arizona. My first question is has anyone being able to get as low as $2k under invoice in Arizona. Second question, the sales guy suggested not to buy their own version of entertainment system. Since I'm planning on leasing is it a wise idea to spend $$$$ to place my own entertainment system in the car.

Thanks for your advice in advance.
  • Options
    Hello,

Did you take the deal? I'm also looking in Phoenix area. Did you purchase or lease? Thanks.
  • Options
    eegradeegrad Member Posts: 7
    The dealer in my area (Fort Lauderdale) still has 5 brand new 05 MDXs sitting in the lot (2 base and 3 touring). What do you think would be a fair price for those considering what the new 06 are going for?
  • Options
    ncmdxncmdx Member Posts: 19
    I was at the same decision crossroads last year. In fact, I had planned to purchase an MDX and by some divine intervention, I discovered this forum and was educated about the pricing and incentives being offered (then) on the MDX. Go to my Message #2258.

The difference then in price was about $4,300 between the Pilot EXL and Base model MDX. The 2.9% financing on the MDX and no financing incentive on the Pilot made the monthly payment difference about $45. That extra money was well spent on Luxury, Ride, Extra Safety features, more power, longer warranty, loaner vehicle (if ever needed) and better looks overall. I am glad I did it!
  • Options
    dangerfishdangerfish Member Posts: 4
    Hi all,

Looking for a little advice on pricing. I am ready to make a purchase but I am not finding prices as good as others are stating they have gotten. I have gotten 3 quotes of $38,400 +/- a few bucks for a Touring with Nav including destination. I am assuming that I AM eligible for the financing incentives at these prices. Take it or press harder???

Also, with a factory installed DVD system, where does the DVD load? In the unit itself or in the front dash. A salesman told me it loads in the dash but I can not verify that as I have not seen one yet.
  • Options
    I am not sure, but here in SoCal Acura Certified loaded 2005s and with 10-12K miles are priced in the 37K range. Given the inventory problems, why not appear very serious and lowball them to see what they counter. I am sure they have to move those cars off the lot ASAP, particulary with the slow 06 sales and the new model coming in 07. Let us know what happens.
  • Options
    miked3470miked3470 Member Posts: 25
    We've got some great pricing in our area. Pohanka Acura is offering an 06 MDX Touring at $34,117 (which includes destination). If you want Nav, add about another $2,300 to that price. They are willing to sell the base model for just $31,824. This means they are basically about $2,500 under dealer invoice on the Touring model (no nav or dvd). We're purchasing the Touring model this weekend.

No one should be paying even dealer invoice these days. The most anyone should be paying should be $1,000 under dealer invoice. There is a massive glut of these vehicles on dealer lots (all over the country). The vehicles are just sitting on lots, and dealers are paying interest on them every day!
  • Options
    jd2010jd2010 Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

Does Base model quote of $31,824 include destination? Thanks
  • Options
    Yes, the price of $31,824 does include destination.
  • Options
    dangerfishdangerfish Member Posts: 4
    OMG! You will not believe what happened to me today. I received two quotes from a dealer in Arlington, TX. One was for a Touring with Nav and IPod cable for $38,900 (written email) and the second for a Nav/DVD/IPod for $40,300 (verbal over the phone). We had decided to go for the Nav and DVD. I was told over the phone that these prices were good with the financing incentives. Got into the dealership and low and behold the price went up $1300 if I wanted the financing incentives! Bait and switch? I know these prices are above what others say they have been paying but after emailing other dealerships in the area, I felt it was the best I could do. They also offered 2K less for my trade in than Carmax offered. Needless to say, I walked out the door. I really like this car but I refuse to be jerked around. Anyone in the area that knows where I can get a decent deal, let me know, PLEASE.
  • Options
    I have a confirmed price of 46,932.77 o.t.d. W/chromed factory wheels,all weather mats,fender flairs,and rear deflector for tailgate.Does that seem like a fair price? I have until wednesday.
  • Options
    newgunnewgun Member Posts: 3
    Paid $38,000+TTL, w/ 2.9% financing.
  • Options
    srj1srj1 Member Posts: 5
    Got a price n Bayarea for $37750
    (includes:destination charges
    exculdes: tax + registeration)

An still waiting as I see better deals coming.
  • Options
    faisonjfaisonj Member Posts: 1
    may i ask what you paid in bellevue for your nav model ? I also live in Seattle area and am in process of contacting dealers. thanks.

j.
  • Options
    Did you get the options I asked for? In az no one will come close to 2K under invoice.
  • Options
    No other options other than front privacy windows
  • Options
    Keyes Acura in Van Nuys. I worked many of the California dealers, and I can recommend Keyes, Mike at Stevens Creek, Minh at Sierra Acura, and Power Acura South Bay. Others would not get to rock bottom pricing. The Marin Acura dealer gave me the full run-around was was dishonest. Looks like much better pricing if you can buy the Base and give up Navi and RES (install aftermarket, better quality at lower prices). I suspect high inventory and the new design coming out in 07 makes this a really good time to buy. Best of luck to all, and thanks a million to all those from whom I learned on this board.
  • Options
    Hello,

I'm also in AZ. What is the best deal offered to you? So far the best I have gotten is $38,500 w/navi, Whl locks and tint. This is for a lease with 12K miles, 36mths. Is this a good deal?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Sorry I don't know anything about leases .But I've been to all 3 acura dealers in the Valley and the best I could do with a purchase with the options I stated above was 46,933. That was the lowest I could find.
  • Options
    mdxbuyer2mdxbuyer2 Member Posts: 2
    I am in the D.C. area looking for 2006 MDX touring with navigation. Does color preference make a difference. I in for silver/grey interior. I don;t like the zibra wood finish. But, I don;t have an option. Please let me know where you got this quote.

thanks
    Rajesh Virassamy
    :D
  • Options
    I got this quote in arizona at scottsdale acura I chose the aspen white which is hard to find. the biggest problem was the dvd know one had any of these models
  • Options
    knvmdxknvmdx Member Posts: 8
    Any one recently purchased Touring with Navi. I have been given quotes of $41,700 + Tax.
    Can some one please respond. Is this a good price...
    Do you think if i wait for the weekend, sice it is close to month end I may get a a better offer
    Your thoughts please
  • Options
    The price of $41,700 for Touring + Navi is horrific. Run as fast as you can from that deal! The dealer invoice on this model is $39,092. You should be paying no more than $38,092 for this model (which would be dealer invoice less $1,000 that the dealers are getting back from Honda/Acura corporate).
  • Options
    steve777steve777 Member Posts: 41
    Does anyone know when this arrives, what the differnce are from current model and how much it will be?

Need to weigh the benefits of the 2006 vs the 2007.
  • Options
    2007 MD-X is smaller than current MDX, looks closer to RDX than current MDX. Go to acura.com, click on "Future Vehicles" -> MD-X Photo Gallary. Coming this fall?
  • Options
    rg6rg6 Member Posts: 6
    Can anybody tell me if they bought a 2006 MDX Touring with Nav/DVD recently in the bay area? What was the final price and where did you buy this?
    Thanks
    Rohit
  • Options
    J,

See my post #3096 in this forum for full details. Our purchase price was $38692 car price + $213.25 license fees + $3520.97 tax (9.1%) + $35 doc fee = $42.461.22 for Touring/Nav model.

We also purchased the car at the end of the month (30th). Not as rock bottom as others in other parts of the country, but it was the best we could do and was still under invoice at least. Good luck and I'll be curious to hear how your negotiations go!
  • Options
    dhodge7dhodge7 Member Posts: 1
    Recently purchased 2006 MDX Touring/Nav in NJ for $37,400.
  • Options
    bern3bern3 Member Posts: 4
    Would you mind posting the name of the dealership? Thanks.
  • Options
    While shopping for my MDX, I got the following quotes for Navi-equipped:

3/31 $36,792 + fees Mike at Stevens Creek

4/4 $36,500 Stockton Acura just before the end of March. Price with 2.9% financing, so cash deal would be less.

Good luck.
  • Options
    srj1srj1 Member Posts: 5
    $37750 with nav + dvd + touring + pro package
    (includes destination charges)
    (excludes taxes + registeration)

This is like $2500 below invoice

Let me know if you are interested. I am looking at it as well and we could see if we can get it down some more
  • Options
    lousfolousfo Member Posts: 1
    Too much $$$. I just bought a 2006 MDX w/touring for 34,190 plus T&L. I was quoted 36,600 plus T&L for a MDX touring with NAV. I suggest trying to get price quotes online via autonation.com or use the Edmunds website to request a quote. You can then take the quotes and use them to bargain with the dealerships. With the MDX being redesigned for the next model year dealerships are trying to get rid of this years models plus with the high prices of gas they are hard to sell.
  • Options
    krsnkrsn Member Posts: 1
    I purchased 2006 MDX touring w/Nav last week from Acura of Lynnwood at $38600 (including destination and protection package) + $35 doc fee + $3584 tax + $214 lic fee. I could have got at least additional $300 off if I was not in a hurry to buy (plus the shortage of the color I was looking for). Acura of Portland's first quote was marginally better (I am sure they would have dropped the price if I negotiated more) but I decided in favor of not driving down there. I liked Lynnwood dealer a lot because they were interested in making a deal while others seemed as if they were trying to do a favor by selling. Good luck with your purchase and thanks to jaymo and the forum for all the help in making my purchase a far more pleasant (or should I say far less unpleasant) experience than I ever imagined.
  • Options
    Interesting to hear that Lynnwood negotiated the best deal with you, as they wouldn't even return our calls! You got a better price than we did as we didn't get protection package included (we ordered online instead). Congrats on the new purchase and glad I could help! :D