Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    trinity3trinity3 Member Posts: 50
    Hello All,

I have a Sandisk Sansa MP3 player and I am wondering if I'll be able to connect it to my new CR-V.

If so, do you know what type of adapter I'll need and where I can get the best deal on one. The only output that I have is for a USB connection. :confuse:

Thanks for your help.
    Trin
  • Options
    blume1blume1 Member Posts: 25
    Got a tenative deal on a new CRV-EXL (no Nav) of $25,000. I may have to pay a $50.00 pick up fee if the dealer has to get the color we want from another (dealer). Our sales taxes and license fees are paid to the "state" offices here, so these costs do not enter into the picture here. What do Ya'll think?
  • Options
    ecarfarecarfar Member Posts: 22
    What do I think? I think you're robbing them blind! That's only a couple hundred over invoice minus the holdback! My wife and I are going tomorrow to by an EX-L, I told her if we can get it for $25,800 we'd make the deal. There doesn't seem to be a lot of bargains here on Long Island. Where are you located?
  • Options
    I am from Missouri.
  • Options
    barunkbarunk Member Posts: 6
    are you guys talking about 4WD or 2WD .?

25,800 ?? OTD
  • Options
    4WD/AWD
  • Options
    bucobuco Member Posts: 49
    In checking for the Honda dealer in Worcester, MA on the internet, I could not find one located right in Worcester. Was the dealer you used located right in Worcester or elsewhere ????

Thanks very much.
  • Options
    martinturnermartinturner Member Posts: 17
    Raymond
    How much? under $24650 did you pay.
    Also, has anybody any strategy/ideas! on how to avoid paying the robbing! 8.75% CA sales tax. (remember tax avoidance isn't a crime! although evasion is!) when buying a new vehicle.
    Martin
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,466
    Move to Oregon? ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    sincero5sincero5 Member Posts: 3
    This forum has been very helpful to me in my purchase. So, I wanted to post the details of my purchase to help potential buyers in Chicago area. I purchased my vehicle at Continental Honda and got the following offer (no trade in):

Vehicly OTD Price: $24,235 (Tax, title, etc, incl. destination fee)
    I put down $5000.00 and financed the rest at 5% for 60 months.

I'm not saying this was a bad deal or a great deal. I wished Honda offered zero percent financing, but they don't. All in all, I didn't feel like I was "bent over" on the deal.
  • Options
    darkshierdarkshier Member Posts: 7
    I think that is a very good deal for a EX AWD. If I may Sincero, what credit score do you have in order to get a 5% interest rate? I am planning on buying my CRV this weekend and am kind of uneasy with what kind of rate I can get. I have a 648 credit score, would I be able to get around a 5% do you think? If I have my parents co-sign on the loan, would I possibly get a better rate, than on my own?

Thanks for the info in advance everyone. I love this forum.
  • Options
    mike274mike274 Member Posts: 35
    Hello. Does anyone know where to go in Long Island/NY to buy a CRV EX-L AWD and what prices they are getting. I know this car flys of the lots. Thanks
  • Options
    smith1smith1 Member Posts: 283
    The CR-V's MP3 connector (auxiliary input) is a standard 3.5mm stereo jack. You need a stereo cable with a 3.5mm plug on one end and whatever plug fits Sansa's headphone jack (probably also 3.5mm) on the other end. I assume the Sansa does have a headphone jack? The USB connector is typically used for sync/charge, not audio out.
  • Options
    martinturnermartinturner Member Posts: 17
    Yes! We might just do that! what with the crap' governer we have down here. We get screwed' for just about everything in C.A. no wonder it's called the 'Gouge State'
    Martin
  • Options
    dreamchaser321dreamchaser321 Member Posts: 24
    HI Ray,
    Did you pay cash or finance? If you financed, what was the finance rate? Did you use Honda Finance? Thanks for your help.

Danny
  • Options
    After a marathon day of negotiations, I finally bought my CRV EX-L a few hours ago here on Long Island. No one is giving any kind of discount on these in this area. I ended up paying $26,250 for the car with the roof rack, mud guards and wheel locks (tax and tags not included). I ended up going to 3 dealers (and 1 toyota dealer) and two were in the ball park of the selling number I mentioned. One of the dealers, the largest one in the Northeast, Huntington Honda really blew me away, I was shocked at their tactics. We had purchaed a 1999 Odyssey there and they gave us a great price so we decided to give them another try to see if they'd match our offer (I told them the offer was for 26K) even though we live about 30 miles from them. They asked us if we would take it at $25,800 we said "absolutely". So he goes over to the manager and he comes back with a price of $28, 411!!!!!!!!!! I was shocked. I asked if it had some gold bars in the trunk...... Needless to say we walked out.

The one Toyota dealer we went to we looked at a Rav4 Limited, same as the CRV EX-L. The price he quoted us was great, low 25's but then he added in over $1000 in fees like advertising, holdback, financing fee (a fee to recoup their deals at 0% on other cars!!!), etc,

Glad it's over. I pick it up next week as it's in transit. All the CRV's in this area are coming from Japan.
  • Options
    Thank you very much for your reply.
    I generally consider myself to be technically savvy, but I missed the mark on this one. I guess it was too simple. :confuse:

Also, I don't have my vehicle yet so I went to a local Honda dealer to today to actually examine the input port in the vehicle. I thought is was a bigger opening, similar in size to the cigarette lighter. :surprise:

Now I know what I'll need for when I go to get the vehicle. :)
    Thanks again, Trin
  • Options
    mike274mike274 Member Posts: 35
    Congrats on the new car. Can you let me know whick dealer you purchased from and what your out the door price was and if you recevied any financing. Thanks
  • Options
    Ended up buying it at Babylon Honda. I think if you didn't want the accessories I got (mug guards, wheel locks and roof rack) you'd could get it for 26K or slightly under. Baron in Patchogue also gave me a really good price, slightly above Babylon, but we were so exhausted we just went with the deal from Babylon even thought they're about 25 miles from where I live. I think the dealers to stay away form are Huntington and Nardy, both demanded much more than the smaller dealers.
  • Options
    carlukokcarlukok Member Posts: 7
    Paid $22091 or $23,577 out the door, with taxes and fees for a 08 EX two wheel drive,I think we did well eh?
    now we wait 3 weeks for the car :(

They have a 4WD EX in stock now that they would like to apply to this months figures for a extra $700 more,(list was $1200 I think). dunno if it is really worth it,we get some snow in Ohio,I was only thinking about when we sell if a 2WD is more difficult to move down the road
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I'm from CA but live in WA now where we have a whopping 9.2% sales tax on all cars new and used. We have no state income tax and they just get it in other ways.

You can't avoid paying sales tax.
  • Options
    pencils2pencils2 Member Posts: 2
    I want to buy a 2wd EX with cloth. I test drove one at Criswell in MD but was not ready to talk price. Does anyone have any advice or experience from recent dealing in DC suburbs? Could I get an EX 2WD for 21,500? I am a newbie and want to save money. I have read lots of posts here but seems you all are buying AWD or EX-L. Any advice on making a deal will be appreciated.
  • Options
    carlukokcarlukok Member Posts: 7
    I have a pretty good price on a 2wd EX for $22,091 without tax....now this INCLUDES all fees its important to qualify this as fees can be another thousand dollars on top.
    I think this is a pretty good price,quite possibly the best 2WD price on here,good luck.
  • Options
    pencils2pencils2 Member Posts: 2
    Did you buy one at that price or are you a dealer?
  • Options
    ypsimattypsimatt Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone have a feel for what dealers will knock off the price for a demo vehicle with 100-200 miles? How about one with up to 1000 miles?
  • Options
    blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Great publication if a person wants to justify buying a Honda or Toyota.

"NOT Recommended for Purchase" for everyone who wants to read unbiased, honest comparisons.

So.... what would be an unbiased publication?
  • Options
    raymondraymond Member Posts: 4
    This is a break down of the CR-V EX 4WD I bought on Sunday 3/27 at San Leandro Honda in San Francisco Bay Area:

Price is $21,765 + $635 destination + tax + license + doc + tires fee etc
    It is $692 less than invoice or $2,385 less than MSRP
    I would pay $1,622 less for a LX 4WD. But I am glad to have the EX instead. The additional features for the EX is well worth the money.

In summary, I think it's a good deal if you pay about 10% less than the MSRP.
  • Options
    greggt007greggt007 Member Posts: 7
    gary grace @criswell offered me the best price i could find in the dc area on a 2wd lx at about 250 above invoice and destination. i didnt buy there since they didnt have the one i wanted in stock, but i used his email at another dealership. i'd also recommend getting one in md w/ 100 processing fee as opposed to va's 385
  • Options
    smith1smith1 Member Posts: 283
    You made a super deal, congrats.
  • Options
    I placed a "Buyer's Order" for the CR-V to get the color that I want.

Has anyone else opted to place a Buyer's Order? If so, please share your experience regarding timeframes. [from placing the order, to build date, to ship date, to delivery date]

I placed my order on 2/9/08 and I'm told that the build date given by Honda is 4/18/08. The dealer says that they car should be delivered within 2.5 - 3 weeks of the build date.

Then I read on another message board that buyers weren't taking delivery until approximately 1.5 months after the build date. (these posts were about a year or two old)

Can anyone provide any current information regarding Honda's distribution time frames?

Thank you, Trin
  • Options
    cooperta79cooperta79 Member Posts: 2
    I picked up a 2008 CRV EX 4WD for 24,000 out the door in Muskegon, MI. A pretty shade of blue.
  • Options
    gardengirl564gardengirl564 Member Posts: 5
    I am interested in a CR-V (EX-L) but wonder whether I should wait until the 2009s come out. Also, I wonder whether I can find a decent deal on a 2007... if there are any out there!

I saw that cooperta79 got a nice deal in Muskegon. Cooperta79-- did you price in GR too? I am willing to buy anywhere from Muskegon, GR, Holland, Kalamazoo. I'm looking for my best price!

Any suggestions???
  • Options
    cravenfancravenfan Member Posts: 11
    I got my 2008 EX-L AWD at invoice, then some added options at installed prices. Invoice on the base EX-L isn't too bad. Got a decent trade for our 1999 T&C van. I feel pretty good about it, picking up on Monday. :)
  • Options
    Where did you get it???
  • Options
    cooperta79cooperta79 Member Posts: 2
    Yes I priced GR too. The pricing was comparable but not worth the extra drive.
  • Options
    I can easily find the MSRP on the CR-V EX-L AWD but what is the invoice price?? :confuse: :confuse:
  • Options
    Which invoice price do you mean... manufacturer's invoice with their logo and full disclosure or the dealer's invoice printed by the dealer :surprise: ?
  • Options
    The invoice is $25,700 (that includes the destination fee) the dealer holdback is $800 so they get the car for a little less than 25K. I bought one yesterday with a roofrack, wheel locks and mud guards for $26,250. They are fighting you tooth and nail for a huindred dollars. The CRV EX-L is in high demand and there are no deals on it in my area (Long Island, NY). Good luck!
  • Options
    mikew10mikew10 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the DC metro area. I'm getting an internet offer of $24,571 plus $635 freight, $100 processing, tax, and tags. This is for a EX-L (no nav).
  • Options
    mariachigirlmariachigirl Member Posts: 1
    On an 08 EX 2WD I'm being quoted:

$21,800.00
    1765.80 (Tax 8.1% - Ouch!)
    401.06 (Lic & Registration)
    299.00 (Document Fee)
    5.00 (AZ Tire Tax)

$24270.86 OTD. Throwing in Splashguards, Wheel Locks, Cargo Tray, Window Tint for free. Does this sounds ok?
  • Options
    baseball2baseball2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Looking for prices people are paying for CR-V EX and EX-L models in this area,which dealerships have the best service.Appreciate any answers.Have a Blessed Day and Thanks..
  • Options
    Contact your local county or state agency to see what the proper charges are for Lic, Reg, and Doc.... there are no free lunches... :( but you don't want to pay more than is required. :D
  • Options
    madjames80madjames80 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Looking for prices people are paying for 2008 CR-V EX-L AWD with Nav models in chicago area,what is the best price for this model. I am getting a quote of 27900 plus tax etc..
    Appreciate any answers.
    regards
    James
  • Options
    That seems about right, although i am in NY. I paid about 26 for the straight EX-L AWD last week. I think the navi option adds about 2K to that.
  • Options
    foghat81foghat81 Member Posts: 5
    Based on some reading here, this sounds pretty decent to me: 08 EXL AWD no navi

$25175 + TTL

thoughts?
  • Options
    dimmidimmi Member Posts: 5
    I just got a firm quote for the CR-V EX-L 2WD : $24345.
    That is right at invoice. It includes the $635 destination charge. I don't think I can do much better than that.
  • Options
    dimmidimmi Member Posts: 5
    I just got a firm quote for the CR-V EX-L 2WD : $24345.
    That is right at invoice. It includes the $635 destination charge. I don't think I can do much better than that.

The AWD invoice is about $1100 more + $635
  • Options
    tdiidmantdiidman Member Posts: 35
    I paid $27034 for my EX-L with navigation and then got a 10% discount on dealer installed accessories. Of course, had to also pay tax/doc/license fees, but I was satisfied with my deal here in the Bluegrass state.
  • Options
    mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    Right now the lions share of CR-V's are built in Japan with just a few built in Mexico. If the estimated build date is the week of 04/01 - the dealer should have the car on their lot by mid May.

We always tell people six weeks from build date. That way if it's early, we're hero's!
  • Options
    cdenencdenen Member Posts: 2
    $24455 OTD. include everything, 6% tax, doc, destination, new plate and registration.
    70 miles on it. How about this price? Thanks.