Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Get an 05 if you can find one. I didn't know that dealers still had them, unless they were demos with couple of thousand miles on them. Watch out for the demos being sold as new. Make sure it has less than 50 miles on the odo, or the discount has to be deeper.

Back in March of 2005, I snagged a 2005 EX 5 MAN for $20,500, but Honda had $1000 dealer cash incentive at the time. So, in effect I paid $500 over invoice (old prices, before the price increase Honda did to help out the domestics). I am not sure if there are any dealer incentives on the CR-V now. Plus, Honda had 2.9% for 60 months going on as well, so I took them up on that as well. It was cheaper to have them lend me the money at 2.9% than take out money earning 4%+. It is not as good as 1.9% I had on the Civic, but still better than the current 5%+ rates.
  • barbecuesauce9barbecuesauce9 Member Posts: 67
    Do they still have several 05 left?? I've been seeing same ad on local newspaper from local dealer. 05 EX for $22 something. Today it is gone.
    If you can get 06 EX invoice price,go for 06.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    That's your opinion.
  • kosarfankosarfan Member Posts: 11
    I was quoted invoice on a '06 SE a couple weeks ago and am now being told that if I want to take advantage of a promotional 3.9% financing offer that they will have to raise the price to $800 above invoice. Is this right? Or should I be able to take advantage of the 3.9% and still pay invoce?

And I read that a new car should have less than 50 miles on it....If the car they want to give me has more, can I negotiate for even less?

Thanks
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    There are no special rates on CRV's right now unless it's a local thing?

If you can buy an SE CRV for 800.00 aboce invoice, that is a very good deal.

You can read a lot of "expert" opinions in these and other internet forums. 50 miles is nothing.
    I noticed on Honda's website that the CRV was not one of the vehicles discounted...but the salesman told me I could get a 3.9% rate if I paid more for the car......does this sound normal? If they are locally offering 3.9%, should I expect to pay more than what was previously quoted?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    In the absence of a special promotional rate from Honda Finance, the only way that the dealer can obtain a below-market rate, is to "buy-down" the rate.

Sort of like points on a mortgage.. If the best rate offered is 5.5% on a 60 month loan, then they may have to pay 3-4% of the loan amount upfront to get the rate to 3.9%.

In other words, he can get you a lower rate, but not for free...

What rate are they offering at the initial price?

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• buick_gnbuick_gn Member Posts: 2
    We ended up purchasing a black 06 EX CR-V this weekend for $23k OTD (excluding ttl) including the dealer installed mudguards. I was pleased, as I couldn't get our local dealer below $22k for his leftover 05 EX. Maybe if it weren't for the snow we've received the last couple of days, I could have bought the 06 for invoice (dealer said he sold a few this weekend), but we're happy with the transaction. It's a pleasant vehicle to drive - simple, quiet, seamless 4wd, etc...
    You said you got quote for invoice a couple week ago.
    I am sure 3.9% special local financing requires a good credit score.If you do have a good credit score, try your local credit union or direct lender like eloan.com or capitaloneauto.com. I got lower than 36 month APR for my over 60 month term loan from capital one and got 0.10% discount for costco member-no bank fee or application fee

Here is an example.
    Invoice 24060 + 60 months + 5% = $27242.51
    Invoice plus 800 24860 + 60 months + 3.9% = $27402.82
    Short term,of course,can make up to $1000 difference.So you can calculate minus down payment and correct term.
    I was quoted invoice on a '06 SE a couple weeks ago and am now being told that if I want to take advantage of a promotional 3.9% financing offer that they will have to raise the price to $800 above invoice. Is this right? Or should I be able to take advantage of the 3.9% and still pay invoce?

Just sit down with an Excell spreadsheet and calculate what would cost you more. Invoice at 5.5%, or Invoice +$800 at 3.9%. I bet you it is the same amount at the end.
  • laurafromtexaslaurafromtexas Member Posts: 1
    We just bought a 2006 LX 2-wd on 11/28 for $18,290 -- $1000 below dealer invoice. We got bids from many other area dealers and all of them were for about $1,500 more. We got a Honda APR for up to 60 mos. of 4.49%
  • marksjmarksj Member Posts: 11
    We just got an 06 5dr 4wd for $19,990.Sticker was $22,145,they put mud guards in for that price also.
  • crvse1crvse1 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my CR-V in North Dakota for $24,300 before TTL. I had placed an order on Labor Day to get the color I wanted for $24,800. After 3 months it still had not come in, and the dealer said it might not arrive until Christmas. I got my deposit back about a week and a half ago, and bought at a dealership 75 miles away, which had exactly the same color I had ordered. It was also $500 less. The CRV I had ordered arrived last weekend, so I don't think the dealer knew what they were talking about. At least I saved $500 for driving 75 miles to get my CR-V.

Should a special order take over 3 months to get? There was nothing special about the vehicle, except for the color (white with ivory leather). Thanks.
  • marksjmarksj Member Posts: 11
    Big edit price was $20,900 but still a great price plus ttl
  • giresh_singhgiresh_singh Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Just any body have any idea , what price is dealers offering in and around san diego , i am getting pricing 19,700 to 20,500 +ttl , it's on phone only, still not visited any dealer, want to visit only those dealer where i can see there is a chance to buy on fair price.
  • blueboyjocksblueboyjocks Member Posts: 36
    "We just bought a 2006 LX 2-wd on 11/28 for $18,290 -- $1000 below dealer invoice. We got bids from many other area dealers and all of them were for about $1,500 more. We got a Honda APR for up to 60 mos. of 4.49%"

Can you please tell me where did you get this good deal? The dealer's name and city? I'm also looking for the same model. Thank you. :)
    06 SE in Columbus Ohio $200 below invoice and less than 5 miles on the odometer...couldn't be happier w/my entire experience at Honda East. I feel I got more than a fair deal! Got an invoice quote from a competing dealer via the internet and was able to bypass all of the BS and really didn't have to haggle much!
  • fdepizzofdepizzo Member Posts: 5
    Hi all,

I live in Aurora, Illinois. I have a internet price for a 2006 CR-V 4WD Special Edition of $23,710, before TTL, with TTL, $25,459. I think that is a good deal but wanted your thoughts. Also, what is the residual and lease factor offered by Honda for this vehicle? I am considering this vehicle and a few others such as the Chevy Equinox. Not sure what everyone thinks of the CR-V.
    Thanks,
    Frank
    If you look above,there is a good reason why you should not lease V.
    I would not lease honda unless there is no money due in signing.
    There is an ad in the local newspaper in my area.06 honda accord LX $249 per month 24 or 36 months lease(not sure 24 or 36) with no money down,GAP included,destination charge included-nothing is due in signing. NYS collects tax up front so you need to come up with sales tax.
    If you do not need to pay anything up front(I even put sales tax into the payment when I leased), go ahead for leasing.

I had a chance to drive chevy equinox. Guess every single vehicle has problems. Some V intend to pull to the right and some chevy equinox has a very bad smell in the cabin.I am sure they fix it by now and please please test drive equinox before signing because it has a very limited rear view.

Btw,$23710 is a very good price to buy or finance.
    There is an ad in the local newspaper in my area.06 honda accord LX $249 per month 24 or 36 months lease(not sure 24 or 36) with no money down,GAP included,destination charge included-nothing is due in signing. NYS collects tax up front so you need to come up with sales tax.
    If you do not need to pay anything up front(I even put sales tax into the payment when I leased), go ahead for leasing.

Honda (or any other manufacturer) does not offer typical leases in NYS. Instead they offer baloon payment plans wiht option to return the vehicle. Read the fine print, it may advise that offer is not good in NYS.

It has to do with the law that the owner of the carriage is responsible for the damage caused by the lackey/jockey. Some idiot was involved in a car accident in a leased Ford, and then sued Ford for the physical and psychological trauma. Under the law, he was correct, since he was just the operator (lackey/jockey) and Ford was the owner. He won multi-million dollar settlement, and the rest of New York state residents don't get leases anymore.

I agree with Barbeque that leasing Hondas is not a wise decision. And if you can't afford the finance payments maybe it is too much car for you. I posted a while back how you make $4000-$7000 by financing and trading/selling after 36 months compared to leasing. So, if you have $7000 to throw in the wind, go ahead and lease, but don't complain that you have no money. :-)
  • fdepizzofdepizzo Member Posts: 5
    I appreciate the input from both but in Chicago it does have an advantage to lease, depreciation etc to write off for business expenses. I don't know if anyone knows the residual or lease factor Honda offers, but I appreciate anyone's input to that information. It appears I have a good purchase price to strike a good lease program, but I want to go in armed with all the right details.

Thanks in advance!
    Frank
  • 2yearleaseonly2yearleaseonly Member Posts: 107
    I paid 200 over invoice (using Edmunds as my resource) at Dick Ide Honda in Penfield New York. Did it right over the phone with the sales manager. He then concluded by telling me I should wait until the 22 of December since Honda will be offering 2.9 financing instead of the 6.5% they normally charge. I thanked him for the insiders tip and will be picking it up tommorow. Bought the mud flaps from H & A and will put those on myself and save the 100 bucks from what the dealer wanted for them installed. The wife had to have a compass in the rear view mirror. So after looking at the install instructions, I decided to pay 350 dollars extra for the dealer to do that. Besides, if the dealer does it at delivery, the factory warranty covers it. I got the Honda Care 6 year 120K warranty for 950 bucks after showing them what I could buy it on the web for and saved myself from the 1400 they wanted to charge me. They did wack me for a 200 doc fee which includes unlimited "free" oil changes. I didn't gripe about it and anyway, the dealer offers free loaners while you are having service which is critical to me. Considering I drive 3000 miles a month I will be there every 5 weeks for my oil changes.

Im sure I will be very happy with my new wheels
    They did wack me for a 200 doc fee which includes unlimited "free" oil changes. I didn't gripe about it and anyway, the dealer offers free loaners while you are having service which is critical to me. Considering I drive 3000 miles a month I will be there every 5 weeks for my oil changes.

Sounds like you got a good deal. Someone at work is interested in a CR-V and I told them what you posteed here about 2.9%APR, they are going to check the dealer tonight. Honda site does not show it yet, but they may be on CA time.

I would check into the "free unlimited" oil changes. Alot of the dealers advertize free and unlimited, but only limited to 3-4 changes a year, and by unlimited they mean unlimited to the first owner. So, if you have the car forever, it is unlimited.
  • drive62drive62 Member Posts: 637
    You can do better. Much better.

Grand Honda in Elmhurst has the SE for $23060. Check their ads in the Trib. They are legit, no bait and switch.
    I would like to say about "free" oil change.
    If I see the fine print,some dealer say it only cover part and labor is extra.

When I leased chevy once,my dealer always sent a postcard coupon saying "free oil change" on every anniversary.
    I took the car for free oil change and later they charged me a half quart of oil ,filter and labor charge.
    Fine print in the postcard(yes there was a fine print in the postcard too) said oil up to 4 quarts. Mine needed 4 and half. I asked sales manager that I need to hire a lawyer to use the coupon. I called GM to complain but they are still doing it.
  • rovertonroverton Member Posts: 20
    Local dealer on Broad Street matched the best prices I got up & down the east coast using the internet. True, I was quoted less but they came with 1900 extras that amounted to profit. I purchase an 4x4 LX Auto, out the door for 21,500. This included state sales tax of 3%.

I'm happy with the price. Mazda is buying my mazda5 back under the lemon law.
  • 2yearleaseonly2yearleaseonly Member Posts: 107
    I would like to say about "free" oil change.
    If I see the fine print,some dealer say it only cover part and labor is extra.

I hear you. This dealer Dick Ide Honda in Penfield is one class act. The free oil changes is every 3700 miles even though the owners manual says 10,000 miles. They have also won the "presidents award" from Honda year after year and take their customers ratings very seriously. If they are going to nickel and dime their customers, I would assume people would gripe and they would lose their coveted award. Also this dealer has a massive service dept and I think they use the free oil changes to feed the beast. I assume what better way to get an opportunity to pitch your customers then seeing them every couple of months. You do have to let them do the recommended service which is pretty minimal according to the owners manual. Anyway, I do the preventive stuff anyway to keep the Honda Extended Warranty in force.

Again, I haven't had my first oil change, but this dealership provided easily the most relaxed and proffesional experience I have had. And I buy a lot of cars.

2Year
  • go_bearsgo_bears Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a Pewter Pearl SE for 25,884 out the door in the SF Bay Area. Vehicle price plus destination charge was 23,550, which is 510 below invoice. The dealer wasn't willing to throw in a couple of extras that I asked for, like the front splash guards or the cargo tray. Thanks to edmunds and the forums for all the helpful information.
  • mgns59mgns59 Member Posts: 4
    I am shopping for a Pewter Pearl SE in Michigan. The best quote so far is $23860 (with dest fee) plus $550 for fog lights installed. He was not willing to go down on the fog lights for this price on the vehicle. Should I be able to do better than this? I am going to talk to a couple of dealers today. If anybody has an idea on the price, please give me feedback.

Thank you in advance
    H and A sells fog light for $240 plus shipping so take a look at here http://www.handaaccessories.com/crv/05CRVFOGLIGHT.pdf to see you are able to install by yourself. If you can't,have them install for you by paying $300 more or get quote from other dealer. $23860 alone is a very good price. Merry Christmas,guys!!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    That is a good price on the car... but, how bad do you need the fog lights?

I wouldn't be capable of installing them myself.. it involves cutting holes in the bumper, etc... If the only choice is paying $550, I'd do without...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• john_fjohn_f Member Posts: 30
    Laura; that sounds like a great deal. What dealer/city in Texas did you buy from?? Thanks!
  • rrayporraypo Member Posts: 1
    I have ordered a new SE model with a bunch of dealer installed options. I'm not sure why but, most of my dealers here in Oregon wouldn't even discuss doing this with me, nor talk price. They wanted to sell me the car and then send me to the parts department to order my own stuff; then walk next door to the service department to arrange my install appointment for a later date.
    I ended up using the AAA car buying service out of Salem Oregon, they were fast, curious and no haggle at $600 over invoice and arranged to have all of my options installed, at a discount, prior to the delivery of my new Honda. My car cost without options was $23,092. They also offered to have my new Honda delivered to my front door, from their office 200 miles away, on a flat bed truck, for $250 more. I have been very please with them so far. :-)
  • psapsa Member Posts: 5
    Just bought our EX at Invoice + Foglights ($478.00) installed. It was very difficult to find a manual transmission in the Bay Area. But, we lucked-out and the dealership we bought from had two to choose from. Alabaster Silver and Sahara Sand. We went with the Silver. We wanted the black interior. All things considered it was an easy deal and I probably could have got below the invoice but I am happy with deal I got. Also, we did the 2.9APR from Honda. :)
    Just bought our EX at Invoice + Foglights ($478.00) installed. It was very difficult to find a manual transmission in the Bay Area. But, we lucked-out and the dealership we bought from had two to choose from. Alabaster Silver and Sahara Sand. We went with the Silver. We wanted the black interior. All things considered it was an easy deal and I probably could have got below the invoice but I am happy with deal I got. Also, we did the 2.9APR from Honda.

Good man!
    I got an 05 manual, and it is a blast to drive on the highway, or through the city "canyons." Too bad many people can't appreciate it for what it is :-)
  • newcar15newcar15 Member Posts: 2
    Hi All!
    Hope everyone had a safe holiday! I'm in the process of working out a price negotiation for an '06 CRV (EX) and am about to throw up or rip my hair out...I can't decide which :P All of my previous cars have been pre-owned and although I am in love with my Wrangler, I need something A LOT more dependable (read this as I am on a first name basis with most of the AAA operators) :sick: . I'm pretty sure the CRV will fit my life, but want to make sure I'm getting a good price as I've never bargained for a new car before. I've searched the threads and seen mostly quotes for '05s. Does anyone have any idea what is a reasonable price for an '06 off the lot in the midwest (specifically Ohio). I've gone through the TMV tool and the dealership I've been working with has hit close to the Edmunds numbers (25245 out the door - not including the 3500 to pay off the trade in). I can afford this, but want to make sure I don't look back later and smack my forehead several times for not negotiating better! I guess I'm just looking for a little bit of validation (I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, I'm getting a good deal on a car)...

Thanks so much in advance for putting up with my craziness!!
  • pjw1pjw1 Member Posts: 1
    Local dealers are listing many 2005 models left on the lot. I cannot find info to guide me on negotiating the price of a new 05 model. Any one with info?
  • psapsa Member Posts: 5
    Granted the fog lights are a stiff price to pay but they can be very useful if you live in a foggy part of the country as I do. We have them on our Passat and I don't think I can do without now. Honda should make them standard equipment on their more expensive trim level SUV's. I was considering the Kia Sportage EX which came standard with fog lights.
  • allysmomallysmom Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 2006 crv ex with automatic tranny. I went crazy for 4 days trying to negotiate a price. The dealership wanted more for the 2005 than what I ended up paying for my 2006. I paid $22,000. for my crv. The sticker price was $24,300. I think I got a pretty good deal, but I sure was going crazy.
  • newcar15newcar15 Member Posts: 2
    I just have to say I'm jealous! I was holding out for a manual in the silver, but was told that there are only 4 requests for the manual close to my area and they are all on backorder. The only disadvantage to getting rid of the current vehicle is losing the manual! Enjoy your new car!!
  • lacohn1lacohn1 Member Posts: 3
    I just confirmed my price on a 2006 CRV EX Automatic in Sahara Sand color with John Elway Honda in Westminster, Colorado. Price is $22,542 (including all dealer fees) plus sales tax. Invoice price is listed at $22,492, so I thought that was a great deal! Picking up the car on Friday. Thanks to all--your posts really helped! This dealership was great--I recommend them highly...
  • jimbresjimbres Member Posts: 2,025
    I got an 05 manual, and it is a blast to drive on the highway, or through the city "canyons." Too bad many people can't appreciate it for what it is

Couldn't agree more. I've logged over 17 years in Honda vehicles - all manual - & I don't think that any other manufacturer makes a stick that's easier to use. The light clutch & slick, precise shift make changing gears pleasant, even in heavy stop-&-go traffic.
  • jazz5jazz5 Member Posts: 4
    I have an offer in Maryland on a CRV-SE from a dealer of $25,453 on the road. Includes taxes, tags, dest.

Should I take it or try harder?
  • laocoonlaocoon Member Posts: 2
    A local dealer is giving me a base price of around $18,550 (before destination and ttl). This seems like a very good price, but I was a bit surprised by the fact that this was the first price offered. I tried to get him to throw in a roof rack, but he wouldn't go for it, but he agreed to allow me to think about it and get back to him. No other internet offer beats this price so far, and I'm planning on visiting other dealers before getting back to him. Any thoughts on whether I can expect to find a better deal than this? I don't know if it matters, but I'm in Los Angeles. Thanks!
  • dennydimwitdennydimwit Member Posts: 1
    June 2005 bought CR-V - thought I might post my 6+ month review (10,000 mi): AWD, moonroof, 6 disc CD, 4 cyl., blue. Classic Honda, Streetsboro, OH - pleasure to deal with. Post purchase self-installed Lug. rack and armrest(Handa) - easy! This coming from a guy whos been in a Plymouth Grand Voyager for the last umpteen years.
    AWD sucks milage down dramatically! City < 21 mpg, highway 18 but then I'm not going 65 mph either! (often the fastest car on the road...) Love the AWD on loose gravel etc. Car's a little light on ice/snow but not enuf "climate" to know if it is worth its salt (pun) on ice. Love the CD - didn't think I would care one way or another, whaddyaknow. Intermittent wipers are trash - only one intermittent speed - somebody should tell the rain to only come down at one rate. window sill is very hard (sore elbow on long trips) but maybe with my side air-bags I shouldn't be leaning on it anyhoo. Radio/CD no MP3 - whats up with that! Last night tried hitting scan and reprogrammed all my presets instead. I thought Honda had user engineers to prevent this type of user-interface mess..Acceleration is adequate for my leadfoot, I was in a BMW (300 hp) last week that would push you back into the seat when you hit the gas, don't hold your breath for that, but its good enuf unless you're the type who cuts people off, pulls out in front of people etc. I'm 6'1" and have 230 lbs on my medium frame. Turn signal/brights and wiper/washer controls on steeering column get in the way of my fingers on the steering wheel frequently (at least this engineering compromise I can understand). Seat is adequate for long trips but I wouldn't buy anything smaller! Fits my bike in the back (with back seat down) without dissasembly - great for quick trips to park after work etc. Good visibility. Solid steering. Fair breaking. Would recommend it to those who are shorter (or younger). Also back seats would be cramped for teenagers - my kids are grown so only occasional back seaters works out fine. Next time I'll probably go with a litle bigger (I like to stretch my legs on long distance cross country jaunts). Overall I'm satisfied. (Toyota wouldnt sell me a 4 cyl Highlander with awd & moonroof (and yes they are in the book) which is just that teench bigger). I've had no problems with the quality. I may be putting some weight in the back this winter for better traction in the NE Ohio snow. Bought a Panasonic $30 CD/MP3 player with cassette adapter and now get 5-10 hrs of music off of one CD ( yeah its no HIFI, but it is ok in a running car). Also bought a cheepo 'tween seats console for under my armrest - works just fine. I'd say storage space is not great but its not a minivan so waddyawant?
  • bshelbshel Member Posts: 232
    laocoon, are they quoting you for FWD or AWD Lx? And, is it a 2005 or 2006?
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "Last night tried hitting scan and reprogrammed all my presets instead. "

You hit the button that automatically scans and resets to the best reception stations. It reprograms the presets. Hit the button again (I think it is "alt", but I can't recall), and your presets will return to normal.

This is actually a great feature when travelling cross country, to find the strongest stations.
  • laocoonlaocoon Member Posts: 2
    Today we bought a 2006 LX FWD with roof rack and door edge guard --> $20,947 OTD.
    $19,125 (with destination charge, before tax & registration fees).
    MSRP is $20,395.
    Based on our research this seems to be a pretty good deal. We are surprised on how painless the experience was (hardly any negotiations involved).
    Any thoughts on this?
  • tcasboytcasboy Member Posts: 214
    Well, after months of hemming and hawing and driving all sorts of vehicles I finally pulled the trigger and bought a new CRV. I bought it yesterday at St. Louis Honda. I had been looking for a 5 speed manual EX, and had driven them in Memphis and Little Rock, and had email offers from as far away as Waukesha, WI (Wilde Honda, had the best prices of anybody I got offers from).

My main issue was trade in value, since I had an Audi A4 that I just wasn't willing to keep much longer after the 4 year, 50K mile warranty and maintenance contract expired in Oct. The average trade on that car was 10K on the Edmunds, KBB and NADA websites, but the most I could get a dealer to give me (tried 4) was 8500. So that was the main reason I didn't drive to WI to buy from Wilde, I didn't think I would get any more there for my trade than anywhere else, particularly since the A4 wasn't quattro and that is snow country.

Anyway, I drove up to St Louis after exchanging emails with the internet guys, and was actually looking at their 2005 Pilot EXs (they have about 20 on the lot). I test drove one and decided to take another drive in a CRV with the manual tranny just because I didn't really need a vehicle the size of the Pilot. Decided to go with the CRV. We had already come to the end of the line on the trade negotiation, so I told them I had an offer of about 400 under invoice (21.2) from Wilde, and the said they could do 21,662 (invoice)for the CRV plus 177 in fees for a total of $21,839. They wouldn't negotiate up on the trade any more from 8500. That left a difference of 13,339 for the new CRV. After a lunch break I countered with a diff of 13K, and they came back at 13,100 so I said lets do it.

Got the car cleaned up and delivered in a couple of hours, and the paperwork was pretty painless, not too hard a sell for the extended warranty and such. Passed on the 2.9% financing.

So, to summarize (sorry for the long post), the price was basically invoice for the car plus a 177 doc fee. I ended up getting a little more for my trade (8739) than originally offered, but not quite what the books said it was worth. Or, you could say I got 8500 for my trade and paid about $62 under invoice (even including their 177 doc fee). I don't think I would have gotten the invoice price on the CRV if I hadn't produced an email quote from Wilde Honda. The internet guy said they got their main competition in the midwest from Wilde Honda. If we hadn't reached agreement in St. Louis I was ready to continue up the road the 400 miles to Waukesha to buy there. In the end I did take a slightly worse deal at St Louis instead of driving up to WI, but that is assuming that I could have gotten the same amount on the trade up there, which isn't a sure thing.

Just in case anybody is interested in the Pilots, St Louis Honda started at 26.6 plus the fees(the same as their red tag sales prices on the vehicle), and then came down to 25.8 plus fees (177) when I showed them my quote from Wilde for 25.7. This was on 2005 Pilot EX cloth models.

I definitely think that having the quotes from the other dealer helped me get the best price from St Louis Honda.

Thanks to everybody on the board for sharing their stories, even you Isell!

TB
  • tcasboytcasboy Member Posts: 214
    I should have mentioned in my long winded post that the CRV I bought was a 2006 model. EX, 5 speed manual tranny.