Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    auto2006auto2006 Member Posts: 8
    I'm being offered a SL FWD Murano with Leather/Sunroof PKG and other extras for 31,775. MSRP is 34,000. Is this a good deal or not? After reading through previous post, I see others paying about the same for more vehicle. I'm in Charlottesville, VA not Northern VA, so I don't know if that makes a difference.
  • Options
    ctxctx Member Posts: 50
    I paid 31026 (+ttl) for SL FWD, Touring, roof rails, splash guards, carpet mats, cargo protector and net. I'm in Texas. I 've heard of people getting better than that but mine was 400 below invoice. I went through the internet department of 5 different dealers and lowest price won. :)
  • Options
    hokieetownhokieetown Member Posts: 2
    I wouldn't think that is a particularly great deal. I recently purchased a SL AWD w/Touring Pkg. and a few other options for $32900 when MSRP was $36525. My deal was an ok but not terrific deal at the Eastern Shore of MD (Salisbury), but with the right and hard to find color combination. You may want to check out http://nissan.darcars.com in Rockville, MD as a reference point. I printed out their email quote to help w/my deal. I believe they had a SL FWD like you described a few weeks back for over $1K less than your deal on the E-quote.
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    texjantexjan Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for a new 2006 Murano sl awd in Colorado. So far, the pricing has been really high. Do you have any suggestions. I'm willing to ship it in, if it makes sense.
    Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    steveo5steveo5 Member Posts: 5
    Get quotes via the Edmunds internet system - a lot less hastle, and if you can be flexible on color your probabilities of getting them to deal are much better. Given the high oil price, current high inventories for Nissan in general (cutting back production temporarily) as well as the '07 models rapidly approaching, you should be able to find a deal. I believe there is some spot on Edmunds where you can get shipping quotes. Bought my '06 SL AWD w/prem touring pkg for $31,000, list $36,585, with no destination chg ($605), incl splash guards & all mats.
  • Options
    freshwaterfreshwater Member Posts: 92
    Today I bought a Murano SL AWD Black/Charcoal with Touring package, Navigation, splash guards, Mats, cargo protector,
    wind deflector.
    MSRP was $38135 and I paid $34800 just a few dolar more over invoice. Plus I also do a trade IN for which i got aprox 5K more then the carmax and other dealer offers.
    This also saves me on Taxes. I got 3% for 36 month.
    Plus TTL.

Is that a good price or I could have done better. I also look at FX35, Lexus RX350, X3, ML350, and MDX but this deal seems to me more econimical. I hope the SL will perform better too.
  • Options
    spxksspxks Member Posts: 4
    I see 2007's hitting the street (for other car man.)- Does anyone know when the 2007 Murano's will be out? No incentives - nothing for the Murano - so paying full boat with the year almost over and 2007's hitting the streets??
    Looking at around 26,250 for a S model with nothing added?? Is this a good price? Would others here wait for 2007's or if incentives are coming? I can get a CX-7 w leather for 26k and its a 2007! Like the Murano better but feel like the guy stepping up at the last moment paying the full price and losing a year of depreciation...
  • Options
    I don't believe CX-7 = Murano at any level. They are two different vehicles. Go with what makes you happy.
  • Options
    steveeizzlesteveeizzle Member Posts: 4
    Hey guys! Great forum. I am thinking of purchasing an 06 Nissian Murano SL AWD w/Touring Package & Navi for $38,325

link title

What are your advices for financing the murano and trading in the 06 Honda Civic coupe

PS: The Civic is 6 months into a 3 year LEASE. Thanks in advance :blush:
  • Options
    scottmz3scottmz3 Member Posts: 4
    Just wanted to post the deal we negotiated last night at the Nissan dealer in Mesa, AZ. The car we got was...
    - '06 Murano SL (2WD)
    - Touring Package (w/leather & sunroof)
    - Glacier Pearl White / Tan leather
    Lease details...
    - 42/mo
    - 12k mi/yr
    - $500 out of pocket at signing.
    - $450 a month.
    - $34,500 MSRP, $32,500 negotiated price.

Originally the dealership came back with an offer of $592/mo! We left with $450/mo. :-) I'd say we got a great deal!

Scott
  • Options
    If I haven't missed anything (I commonly do... :) ) then the price you are quoting is MSRP and I don't think anyone is paying that. Edmunds TMV lists $35242. Invoice is 34,799 and I think most folks are getting Muranos for Invoice or below (I got mine for $400 below invoice but it was in Central US). I really don't know anyhing about the leasing trade aspect. Anyhow, I'd keep looking if that's the best they will do.
  • Options
    jg55jg55 Member Posts: 2
    Looking to get a Standard Murano
    2006..2WD..S Type...with splash guards and mattes, anybody receive a good quote in and around California.,
  • Options
    stldonstldon Member Posts: 21
    Do you mind my asking where in the central US you paid below invoice. I just came from a dealer in St. Louis and was told that there was not much discounting from MSRP, although we did not talk specifics.
  • Options
    Stafford McCall - Houston Texas. I went through the internet department on 5 different dealers in the Houston/Austin area before I ended up with them. . Unless the vehicle now is on short supply I'm guessing your dealer is full of it. There was one dealer in Austin that told me "they didn't have to deal because the Murano was in such demand". Right. Needless to say I left them out of the process.

Go through the Internet Department by requesting quotes on the dealers website and counter as necessary. Worked very well for me as well for others (a lot of people got better than me so ?). Some will play, some won't. Anyhow, I had to drive to a different city to get mine so don't be skeptical of looking a few hundred miles off either. Hope that helps. :)

p.s. Do your research and let the dealers know that you know exacty what you want. I did and the process went pretty smoothly. Make 'em tint the front windows for free. GL!
  • Options
    stldonstldon Member Posts: 21
    For my driving in the Mid-west, I don't think I really need AWD. However, dealers have said that when you go to resell the car, it is much better to have AWD. Do you all agree with this? :confuse:
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,432
    If you live in the Midwest, and you drive an SUV, then AWD is what everyone is looking for..

But, it all depends on how long you will keep the car and how many miles... If you are keeping the car for a long time, then the money you save on gas, and possible repairs down the road, and less money upfront may make the FWD a better deal..

If you will trade in 4 years or less, I'd get the AWD.. You'll have better winter weather traction, and your car should be much easier to sell.. and at a higher price..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    umm I think you mean Sterling Mccall off the SW Freeway and W. Airport Correct?
  • Options
    Sterling.. Stafford.. whatever it takes. :)

Yes I did mean Sterling, thanks for pointing that out!
  • Options
    edmundsuser3edmundsuser3 Member Posts: 1
    Options:

SL Touring Package
    Navigation System
    Dynamic Control Package
    Roof Rail Crossbars
    Sunroof Wind Deflector
    Carpeted Floor Mats
    Cargo Area Protector

MSRP: $38,955
    Invoice: $35,419
    Price Negotiated: $34,060 - No trade-in - Financed.

I figured that since I did so much research on this board prior to buying I would post the fruits of my labor. The deal is not completely finalized, so if anyone wants to add advice, let me know!
  • Options
    jay_sdjay_sd Member Posts: 1
    You should checkout carsdirect.com. They are very competitive.
  • Options
    anyman1anyman1 Member Posts: 1
    For a decent deal in Colorado: Contact the internet sales managers at the John Elway Nissan North, Denver(on 104th). Find their email address or phone number on the dealer's website. Tell them you are looking for "invoice pricing". Best I could tell, you can get $400 over invoice on any car on the lot (including Muranos at the South dealership location). Note, they are now installing additional alarms systems on all cars at the North delearship and adding $495 to the "invoice" price. If they tell you that, ask about getting a transfer from the South delearship since as of 6/24/06, they had not yet begun installing them their yet.
  • Options
    rsheetsrsheets Member Posts: 2
    Outstanding pricing on your Murano. How did you manage to get them that far below invoice. Thank you in advance for your assistance. It is appreciated. rs
  • Options
    whitallwhitall Member Posts: 190
    Hello from South Jersey. I am looking at a Murano SL AWD with touring (sunroof/leather etc) and the little extras like mats and guards. The MSRP is 36,525. I have two offers made to me.

The first is for a demo with 2000 miles on it. I saw the car with car seats in the back (manager's car), dirt on the dash (not a lot, but some) and a ding or minor scratch in the door. He made me an offer of 32,967, which is 330 below invoice. I didn't mention the car seats or ding yet, because they may clean them up, so I'd wait until I saw if the ding is there. I know I can do better because the second dealer gave me price of 32,795 for a new,new (not demo) of the identical car. The second dealer is aware of the first dealer's offer, but I have not told the first one (the demo) of the second dealer's offer for new.

How much should I expect off for the demo miles?? How far below invoice will they go,even if it a demo, at some point they would lose $$.

Also, I do have a 2000 Grand Caravan Sport with just barely 46,000 miles that is in great shape except for a small rusted dent about 2 inches long and 1/2 inch high near the bottom of the hatch (shopping cart at Lowes). I just had the a/c checked and it was blowing 62 degrees at 5 minutes. The dealer claimed they would have a market for it (haven't shown them it). At what point do I show them, and once we've agreed on Murano's price, how much trade-in leverage do I have?? I am still considering selling it myself. Can't usually get less than a trade-in!

Any guidance is appreciated!!
  • Options
    bruno3bruno3 Member Posts: 1
    I've been offered a 2006 Murano SL AWD + Touring + Dynamic Control Package for $32,700 + TTL. $825 below invoice. Deal or no deal?
  • Options
    rsheetsrsheets Member Posts: 2
    Bruno, deal sounds good. How did you get such a good deal. What is the total MSRP? What is the invoice? and how did you manage to get them 800 below invoice. Teach us o great one. Your humble followers. rs
  • Options
    ckreverseckreverse Member Posts: 3
    hi whitall,

i'm pretty sure you can get a better deal than that. i'm in south jersey as well and i bought a brand new murano with the same msrp as you in late march at $700 under invoice. since it's 4 months later, i'm sure you can beat that price.

i didn't bother talking to any salesperson 'cause i didn't want the hassle. i basically emailed 6-7 dealers and requested a price quote. after getting their offers, i had them beat each others offers. i probably could of gotten more than $700 under invoice, but i thought that the price was fair and i didn't feel like negotiating anymore.

hope that helps.
  • Options
    Hmmm, something to consider. I wonder how far under invoice they can really go. I wonder if they are willing to make close to nothing to sell a demo with 2000 miles.

Also, I still would like to attempt a trade-in, but I'm afraid they will really low ball me if my new car is too much of a good deal.

What dealership did you end up at? Right now CHerry Hill has the best price....
  • Options
    ckreverseckreverse Member Posts: 3
    i purchased my car from woodbury nissan 'cause they were close to my home and they were willing to price match my lowest offer. i emailed cherry hill as well, but it took them several days to respond. by the time they got back to me, i already had a deal in place.

i don't know whether you emailed/contacted dealerships in philly. if not, i recommend sending them an email to see what they're offering. if their quotes are lower, i'm sure any dealership in south jersey would match it.

knowing how i test drive cars, i wouldn't want somebody else to do that to my car. so, i'm not a big fan of demo cars. also, i like to break in my engine correctly as well. so, with 2000 miles on it already, i'm sure that the engine wasn't optimally broken it.

as for a trade-in, i never had to trade in my car before. so, i don't have any experience in that regards.

hope everything works out and good luck.
  • Options
    Does Nissan include GAP insurance on their leases? I asked this on the lease board, but thought this board might have more activity.
  • Options
    toyotapilottoyotapilot Member Posts: 10
    I'm thinking of purchasing an 06 Murano SL within the next week in Connecticut. Does anyone know of a site that grades dealerships according to a customer's buying and servicing experience?
    For example, if I have a car problem, I've read some dealers are more likely to fix something with no-hassle, but with others you have to threaten to get them to listen to you.
    BTW, the best price I've gotten so far is $33,995 with the Touring package. Anyone done better in SW CT?
  • Options
    jmcjmjmcjm Member Posts: 3
    Offers are:
    1)2003 Murano SL/certified. w/43,000 miles
    price 23,500 to include oil change and car wash for life of ownership. Leather,bose no nav system.

2)2003 Murano SL w/32,000 miles
    Price 21,900. Loaded includes nav system.
  • Options
    From the responses, you made a good choice. I need help on a used purchase. PLEASE!
    Offers are:
    1)2003 Murano SL/certified. w/43,000 miles
    price 23,500 to include oil change & car wash for life of ownership. Leather,bose no nav system. May be able to reduce by another $500.
    Local nissan dealer

2)2003 Murano SL w/32,000 miles
    Price 21,900. w/options loaded includes nav system. Orginal warrenty remaining only, not certified. Price mis print but must honor (new list 22,900). Nissan affliate 2hrs away

Should I go with less miles/money/more opt
    or close to home/certified -
  • Options
    terry92270terry92270 Member Posts: 1,247
    Option two is best, IMO. I have no idea what you mean by not certified, however. Have a mechanic look at it with you.

32,000 miles, loaded = more value if and when you want to sell it.
  • Options
    alex12354alex12354 Member Posts: 7
    Last week I leased a Murano S , I didn't plan on it but I went to the dealership looking at an XTerra and decided to go with the Murano. The one I leased was the last S on the lot and there was no sticker, so the sales person had to tell me everything that was in it. It does have crossbars which I like and the comfort package but I was told it it had 10 way adjustable seats and a 6 cd changer. After I took it home I tried to do the 6 cd changer and its not one. I am so mad because I feel I payed extra for these options that are not even in the car! I had no way of knowing since the sticker was missing...I feel like I was lied to and there has to be something I can do! I am paying $390 a month which I feel is a lot for base without many options. Any advice? :mad:
  • Options
    Go to the dealer, ask to speak with the General Manager. There is a copy of the "window sticker" in the file for every car on every new car dealer lot, so you were lied to. At the very least, the sales people should have made you a copy.

Legally, and very generally, verbal representations made for any purchase don't carry much weight, usually, so this just might turn out to be an expensive lesson learned for you. A reputable dealer will do most anything to keep you happy, and that is why I am suggesting by-passing everyone else and speaking to the GM. ;)
  • Options
    alex12354alex12354 Member Posts: 7
    Thank you for the advice...I will do that. I cannot believe I was lied to like that.
    I LOVE the car either way.
  • Options
    Most used cars now you can purchase as pre-owned certified - the dealer extends/applies a bumper to bumper warranty (4yrs /100,000 miles)

With options 2, I will have only 3months or so left on the original warranty.

Has anyone ever purchased a car warranty from Warranty direct? What should I do about coverage for the Murano? :confuse:
  • Options
    tboudrottboudrot Member Posts: 7
    Hi..

I saw a 2005 Nissan Murano SE at a dealership. The list price was 34K and it had a 5K discount. It is now a year old since the manufacture date is June 2005. I know I should get a deeper discount than 5K, but what is a reasonable price to pay for this model? Thanks!!
  • Options
    mzbostonmzboston Member Posts: 1
    I'm preparing to buy a 2006 Nissan Murano SL (Brilliant Silver) with Leather Package & Sunroof. If you've bought a Murano in the last 3 months in MA, NH, ME or RI, how much did you pay in relation to invoice? If possible, please specify which configuration you bought, and which dealership you bought from. Thanks in advance for your help!
  • Options
    clbroylesclbroyles Member Posts: 2
    I am about to purchase a 2003 Murano SL AWD. I've test driven it twice - day and night.

The Murano has The premium package and Leather package and Xenon bulbs and a tow hitch! From what I can tell, it has EVERYTHING except the GPS, Traction Control, Stability Control and Tire Pressure Monitoring.

It has 22,600 miles on it and it has had one owner. (female and high heels from what I can tell from the hole in the drivers floor mat...that's what the salesman said anyway)

There are a few cosmetic problems on the interior (the little spring loaded doors stick, the floor mat hole, the passenger sun visor doesn't click into place anymore.)

But the car looks like its been used lightly and garage kept.

The original asking price was 25,995 but the told me before I even asked that they could so much better than that.

They offered me 24, 800. I told them I didn't like the 8. They came back with an offer of 24,000. They haven't budged since.

All the recall work has been done and they have agreed to "fix" all the little things I mentioned above before I pick it up.

I am putting 2,000 down and they are giving me 3,500 for my 2001 Saturn SC2 (same as Carmax).

I would really like them to get closer to 23,000 but this has to be the most low pressure dealership ever. I've been there and left twice now. I like the salesman. I originally found this deal online and when I called to ask about it, Joe is the guy who answered my questions and he's been good about getting back to me but he has NEVER called me without me calling first.

The dealership is about 30 miles away from me and I don't want to keep driving there so I've called a few times to ask questions and let him know that I would really like them to go lower on the price....

But am I asking too much? I want to get a great deal but should I be happy about this deal?

I am financing through Capital One and I have a fairly good interest rate for my credit. I've got the check that I'm ready to write. I'm just waiting on some real advice.

Can anyone out there advise me?

2003 Nissan Murano, SL AWD
    Loaded except with trailer hitch, xenon bulbs, BUT NO GPS, Traction Control, Stability Control and Tire Pressure Monitoring.
    22,600 Miles (one owner)

Thank you all so much for your time.
    Chris
    $24000
  • Options
    Have you looked at TMV? Also ask about extended warranties due to CVT.
  • Options
    clbroylesclbroyles Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the advice. I checked the TMV and it looks like the number in red is: $23,853

Should I try to get this number or below or be happy with 24,000?

Also, I am looking at a third party extended warranty.
  • Options
    ts1234ts1234 Member Posts: 21
    Starting to shop for 2006 SL AWD Murano was hoping to see some recent purchase prices. Is everyone leasing now?

Tom
  • Options
    "Thanks for the advice. I checked the TMV and it looks like the number in red is: $23,853. Should I try to get this number or below or be happy with 24,000?"

Well....

$24,000.00
    =$147.00

Depends upon what your time is worth to you, and how much you would be willing to haggle for $147.00, I guess....

I think you can safely say you've made a good deal. Now, it never hurts to take that same figure to another dealer that is nearby, and ask if they can do better. And given the running around, time involved, and all of that, I would consider "better" to mean beating that quote by $250 or more, and/or more options included. ;)
  • Options
    kyucevkyucev Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a new 2006 SL AWD Murano, Touring, wood trim, mats, splash guards,cargo mat, and roof rails in AZ. MSRP $36,595, selling price $33,998. Got a good deal on my trade too? How do you think I did? :D
  • Options
    idocinmassidocinmass Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a 2006 Murano SL AWD Merlot with Touring package, floor mats and cargo net. I bought it from Showcase Nissan in Bourne, MA for $32,100, not including TTL. The MSRP was $36,525.

I did extensive research by reading the forums on this website and using Consumer Reports & Kelly Blue Book. Because I've had horrible experiences with salespeople on the West Coast (where I lived before), I tried to avoid them by figuring the invoice price and offering to pay about 2.5% less than that. I emailed 5 different dealerships in my area, and they all called or emailed me back the next business day. I told each of them my offer (which was $32,000), and Showcase Nissan won the bidding "war."

If you're in the Boston or southeastern Mass area, I highly recommend going with Showcase. I had no haggling, no hassles, and no tears when I bought this car. It was actually a pleasant experience!
  • Options
    redshoe9redshoe9 Member Posts: 16
    I was thinking about trading in my murano on another nissan and the dealership offered me 16,000 trade in for my 03 sl that has all the bell and whistles. Seems too low - anyone with experience with trading in their murano and their trade value? :confuse:
  • Options
    How many miles on it, does it have NAV system & is it AWD or not :confuse:
  • Options
    redshoe9redshoe9 Member Posts: 16
    I have 34,000 miles, no navigation system and it's the sl fwd. Non smoker- good condition.
  • Options
    neenie91865neenie91865 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 39 month lease that is up Jan 07, I have 37,000 miles already and I only have a 39 month 39,000 mile plan. If i was to purchase the car now, my residual would be 19,716.29. Does Nissan give another extended warrarenty after the purchase, since this was a lease first? And how come the residual amount is not negoshiable? They told me that the msrp is what i had to lease the vechile for and that when I buy it out right you can not haggle. Is this true. Thank you.