Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    ckreverseckreverse Member Posts: 3
    Not sure if you were willing to drive to the Philly/South Jersey area. Every dealer up here is willing to sell the Murano for a minimum of $400 under invoice.
  • Options
    suv04suv04 Member Posts: 13
    Congratulations but I am surprised. If the "invoice" price that was given to you was the same as reflected in Edmunds, then many dealers in N.VA and MD are giving at below invoice. What is your configuration? Is it Touring or Touring With NAV and Video.

I got a SL AWD with Touring and minor accessories for $760 below invoice 2 weeks back.
  • Options
    mrwigglesmrwiggles Member Posts: 2
    Sorry for the delay in replying. No, I did not have a trade in, I never do that. However I do get VPP through my company.I do not tell them that until they have given me their first price, then they all compete and go lower than VPP. Not one time did they ever ask for my VPP #
    I only discuss price with the dealer, and I only use direct dealer sites to get prices, dont bother with "quote sites. Ive learned if you talk with them on the phone afetr email, they will know your serious, and I give one of them my lowest offer, then they beat it. Twice it has worked like a charm. Lots of eamils though
  • Options
    cowbellcowbell Member Posts: 125
    I guess I maybe could have got a better deal. A little dissapointing. The one I got had the navigation, and the toruing package, which I guess involves leather seats and the sunroof package. Then on top of that were some smaller accessories like the Roof rails/Cargo thingy/Wind deflector/etc. I now wish I had a little more time to research the Murano. My wife called me at work and said she found a car she wants, and that night we got it.

I had enough time to look up the Edmunds listed invoice (which I found echoed at another site that gives invoices with options) and what Edmunds said people were paying for the car. I guess I thought with no listed Manufacturer to dealer rebates, I was getting a good deal on an 06.

I'll also consider this a learning experience since it's the first new car I've ever purchased.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422
    That is all you need... learn from it, and use that knowledge the next time..

Congratulations on the new Murano... 90% of it.. is getting the car you want..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Do not feel too bad. It is a good vehicle. Nissan had 3 years to work out all the kinks. The vehicle feels luxurious and the rear-view camera is cool. Enjoy the vehicle. It is also true that Nissan has reduced the number of Muranos available to the public (earlier posts in Edmunds) - so hopefully the resale value will remain relatively better than other vehicles.
  • Options
    ace12ace12 Member Posts: 2
    I like to know the prices paid for SL FWD in Detroit area.
    Dealership name is highly appreciated
  • Options
    ocbudocbud Member Posts: 2
    Looking for advice re where best to purchase a new '06 Murano SL 2WD in So. CA, no trade-in, no financing. How much off Invoice has anyone been able to get ?
  • Options
    iserumiserum Member Posts: 15
    Suburban imports in troy or Bill Cook in FH. i got mine from Bill cook, i have leased mine on VPP, but the price was close to invoice for regular customer, it also depends on the vehicle on lot, these MURANOs come from Japan there are more cars on the lot with more expensive options. some times you will get better deal on expensive car because there are more of them in the lot. for example the lease quote between S AWD and S FWD was only $1.50 per month, but the price of AWD was much higher.
  • Options
    stldonstldon Member Posts: 21
    Can anyone share purchasing experiences in the St. Louis area, probably no trade, no financing? Thanks
  • Options
    hokieetownhokieetown Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,

I am looking for any information or anyone's experience with purchase of a Murano from DARCARS Nissan in Rockville, MD. The prices they quote are currently $1250 below invoice for the SL AWD w/Touring and other minor options that I am interested in.

Thanks in advance for anything you can offer.
  • Options
    ctxctx Member Posts: 50
    Interested in feedback from any buying experiences in the South Texas area (Houston or Austin). Not sure what the going rate is these days for an SL with Touring pkg...

Thanks!
  • Options
    powerglide1powerglide1 Member Posts: 5
    I purchased a 06 SL FWD on Wednesday.
    Most of the dealers here in LA were willing to sell at $500 below invoice. I wanted the Merlot with Cafe Latte interior, Touring and Nav. The only dealer that had that combo was Universal City Nissan. I called them up, offered $500 below invoice and they accepted after a few minutes. Just stick to our number, theres a few dealers willing to sell at that price. I picked up the car after work, all in all pretty simple. (having no trade makes it easy) I financed mine at 4% for 4 years. Didn't have to negotiate at all on that. They immediately knew I did my research and didn't bug me with the usual dealership crap.
  • Options
    ocbudocbud Member Posts: 2
    Thx a lot for taking the time to let me know the details of your purchase. I know the color combo you bought and it looks great. Best of luck with your new "Urban SUV".
    OCbud.
  • Options
    ayazsh_03ayazsh_03 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Can anyone let me know a good price quote available for 2006 Nissan Murano SL around TX - I am looking actively and would appreciate all your help in letting me know

Shaikh
  • Options
    That is a good deal.
  • Options
    ace12ace12 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for sharing the information. Do you think there are better deals during the month end?
  • Options
    coachgcoachg Member Posts: 15
    Just signed last night. Picking up today Platinum SE Touring, Mats, Cargo cover, mud guards.$32,800 + Tax 3%(N.C.) tags and license.Msrp $36,895 invoice $$33,694. Had to pay $367 doc fee.Can't wait to drive.Dealers will deal. Holdback is about 3%.
  • Options
    Just drove home and didn't want to get out!! Everthing was as promised. Southern States Nissan gets a big BOOOOOOOOOOOya in my book.Internet sales manager is a straight shootin kid..
    Will buy from their again!!!
  • Options
    exm0h8mexm0h8m Member Posts: 3
    OK, ladies and gents, my wife and I purchased a Murano S -with the convenience pckg - last night for $28,362 out the door. Was this a decent deal?
  • Options
    jmaxejmaxe Member Posts: 198
    No way to know without a breakdown on price, taxes, fees, trade-in. You will need to provide more details.
  • Options
    exm0h8mexm0h8m Member Posts: 3
    The car itself was $26,889 - $300(For trade - I had a 10 year old Saturn SC2 with 134,000 miles on it and it looked like a science experiment)+ $1595.73(tax)+ $108(title,tag and registration). This adds up to about $28,300.
  • Options
    First off, my purchase price for an SL w/Touring, crossbars, floor mats, splash guards, net and cargo protector was $31,326 (+TTL). Deal? Or no deal? No matter, it is purchased and I am happy.

Secondly, I noticed that Austin dealerships were not ready to deal. Best deal I had from an Austin dealership was 31, 850. I said no thanks, drove to Houston and picked up the car.

Thirdly, I WAFFLED ON THE XM/SIRRUS and did not purchase a vehicle with this installed (note I DO have the pre-wire). If you want XM or Sirrus or even comptemplating but not commited, do it when you purchase the vehicle!!! It is fully worth it to take delivery with this installed. I found out after the purchase that installation in Austin was about $835 after taxes (still trying to find out of the dealerships were trying to screw me). In Houston I got a quote for $458 (same installation). What is going on there??? Anyhow, I'll be making the drive to Houston or installing myself rather than bothering with Austin, TX dealerships.
  • Options
    murano06murano06 Member Posts: 1
    Don't go to Morristown Nissan. I received an online quote with a too good to be true price for a 2006 Murano SL AWD Navi/DSC/TourPkgSirius. I called to verify the quote and to make sure nothing was missing or going to be added at the last minute. I even specifically asked that if I brought in a check for the quote amount would I walk out with the car. I was assured that they do not play those games and I made an appointment to pick up the car. After about an hour they said that they would have to add on $700 of Nissan options like floor mats and a $650 destination fee. They stated that the car I was quoted doesn't exist. A classic bait and switch operation! I walked out and went to Denville Nissan and received a better price with everything included. They even gave me a good deal on my trade in.
  • Options
    zevozevo Member Posts: 1
    I'm considering a Murano, should I expect to get it for near invoice in metro detroit? I would probably want an S w/ FWD. Has anyone used the local internet dept to work their deal?
  • Options
    auburnjldauburnjld Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased an '06 SL with Leather Pkg, floor mats, splash guards, cargo area protector, and roof rails for $847 below invoice here in Atlanta. The MSRP is $32885; invoice $30074; paid $29227. I had financing going into it at 5.6% but they offered me 4%. Both were 60 months so I took the better deal. I couldn't have done it without the insight from the posters on this forum. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    tking1tking1 Member Posts: 1
    Could you please name the dealership as I am interested in purchasing a similar vehicle
  • Options
    Capitol City in Chamblee
  • Options
    amg61amg61 Member Posts: 18
    Wait. At $31,326, that's almost $2000 BELOW invoice. Are you serious?? If so, that is great and does anyone know if those kind of deals can be had in the northeast?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    If it's AWD, it would be $2000 below... great price. If it's 2WD, it's $450 below... and still a good deal.
  • Options
    It's 2wd so $450 below. Still kicking myself about the XM radio (which is being installed tomorrow.. can't wait! :) )
  • Options
    jimmismashjimmismash Member Posts: 1
    We're looking to trade in our '03 FWD SE (originally from VA) for a new AWD, w/ touring, leather, nav. We've been offered the above (Platinum on charcoal) for a list of 38.3K from Girard Nissan in Groton, CT.

What should we be looking at re: trade-in? Any experience buying in the CT/RI area? Any word on what the 2007 model will have? Hybrid???
  • Options
    anthonycthanthonycth Member Posts: 1
    Looking for a used Murano does any one know any good dealer in or around NYC?
  • Options
    I see most posters are looking at the SL AWD. I sold my 99 BMW 528I and the SE handles pretty close to the beemer.Am I missing something by people just interested in the SL and not the SE. As I stated I picked up mine 2 weeks ago and luvin it.
    Thanx for the reply's. I also thought for about 1K more you got some great additional features.
  • Options
    Picked up an SE awd touring w mats, cargo cover and mudgaurds for $32,800.4.5k difference (no nav) I live in N.C. Owner now for 2 weeks and luvin the purchase!!! Good luck, Coach G
  • Options
    dna2511dna2511 Member Posts: 17
    Coach G, what dealership did you purchase from. Thanks DNA
  • Options
    jmji66ajmji66a Member Posts: 4
    just about to finialize my deal for an 2006 nissan murano sl awd with touring packages. basically getting everything but the navi. price was $31,454 + 298 (doc fee) + 300 (destination fee)+ $2684.36 ( NY tax)= $ 34,736.36. DID I GET A ALRIGHT DEAL OR DID I GET RIPPED OFF???? checked edmunds and msrp is $36,335, invoice is $33,151 for this veh.
  • Options
    Southern States Nissan APEX,NC
    THE INTERNET MANAGER IS A NICE KID CAN GET BELOW INVOICE
    TO MOVE A UNIT.START @ 600 BELOW INVOICE AND WORK DOWN.THEY HAVE 1 PLATIMUM SE TOURING LEFT!!1
  • Options
    I picked up an SE touring awd for $32,800. Loved the zenon's and Intelli-key.
  • Options
    destination fee is $650???
  • Options
    no they wanted 605 but i told them to go to you know where...so they cut the price in half. you bought in NY also? was that 32800 before tax and destination and doc? please let me know ..still haven't finalized deal.
  • Options
    steveo5steveo5 Member Posts: 5
    jmji66a, may I ask where in NY you purchased your Murano? I am on Long Island. Thks!
  • Options
    I purchased the veh in brooklyn. In my opinion you would get a better deal in bk then you would in LI, but that's just me. Are you looking to buy? Hopefully I'll have the car by Tues.
  • Options
    victor06victor06 Member Posts: 1
    Nissan Murano 2006 SL AWD (Glacier Pearl) with Sunroof and Leather Pkg, Sunroof Wind Deflector, Splash Guards, and Cargo Area Protector

Got a quote for :
    $32500 + all applicable fees.

How is this deal in the Bay Area of CA?
    Any experience buying in the bay area?
  • Options
    njmdxnjmdx Member Posts: 17
    Leased a Platinum 2006 Murano SL AWD - touring pkg, plus Sunroof deflector, splash guard, roof rails, cargo protector, carpeted mats, and all weather mats.

42 month/12K mile lease.

Cap cost was $31,582.

Leasing for $359/month, tax included, plus $1500 out the door (first month, title, fees, etc).

Good deal, right?
  • Options
    before tax liscense and doc fee $32,800
  • Options
    Is it true that in NY you can pay off your car loan before it's due without incurring any penalties? Thinking of taking a 72month loan, just to get lower monthly payments but know I will pay off sooner. Any help please?
  • Options
    steveo5steveo5 Member Posts: 5
    just bought a silver '06 SL AWD with premium touring package (and Sirius radio)plus car mats, cargo mat, sunroof wind deflector and splash guards in Garden City for $31,000 in a pleasant, no hassle deal! apparently too many silver in inventory! was told that there is no prepayment penalty for a Nissan loan.
  • Options
    wds1wds1 Member Posts: 23
    Has anyone seen or purchased a Murano SL or SE with the Hazelnut Leather, as shown in their 06 brochure? I'm very interested in purchasing with this particular interior color. Also, has anyone seen or purchased their Murano with the wood trim? I am interested in the Murano SL with the Touring Package and Dynamic Control Package. What price should I be looking at before taxes, etc? I would appreciate any help you can offer!
  • Options
    expenexpen Member Posts: 1
    What should I pay? They have a demo with 5500 miles how much of a discount should that get??
    Thanks
    Lisa