Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Odyssey Future Models

1646566676870»

Comments

• Options
    autowriteautowrite Member Posts: 226
    From the Toronto Star www.toronto.star.com/wheels

Sep 05, 2007

Honda puts "mini" back in minivan

Are you still pining for Honda to come up with replacements for your beloved first generation 1995-98 Odyssey or 1991-97 Accord Wagon?

Do you find today’s Honda’s otherwise excellent Odyssey minivan, well, not mini enough?

If you find yourself saying “yes!” to any of the above, take heart. According to Winding Road, Honda will start shipping its midsize Stream minivan to North America starting in 2009.
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    2 more years? Or maybe that is 1 year, for the 2009 MY.

Offer it with a manual tranny, and I will trade in the wifes Odyssey without even asking her.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    chiodychiody Member Posts: 3
    For the past week or so, Odyclub.com has been down a multitude of times.

Anyone know what's going on?
  • Options
    dsrtrat2dsrtrat2 Member Posts: 223
    Kid looking to buy van, but wants to see new models first. Any ideas of when info could begin to appear?
  • Options
    samnoesamnoe Member Posts: 731
    Still no clue?? Anything??
  • Options
    I've read where they quit making the '09 in April and the 2010s are to show up in August. I saw a pic of the grill, but I have no info on any changes.

I'd also like to know about the 2010 Sienna.
  • Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Do a google search for 2010 honda odyssey concept - you'll see spy photos out there.
  • Options
    dbtdbt Member Posts: 298
    Most likely, redesign for Odyssey will be for 2011 model year (calendar year 2010)
  • Options
    Now that the 2011 Toyota Sienna is soon to be on the scene, when will we hear ANYTHING about the 2011 Odyssey?
  • Options
    Now that the 2011 Toyota Sienna is soon to be on the scene, when will we hear ANYTHING about the 2011 Odyssey?
  • Options
    jyerjyer Member Posts: 2
    Dear friends. I may got a odyssey in recent days. But if I bought one with Navigation System, can I use the system in Asia, Taiwan. Map input can make it possible??
  • Options
    Probably not, but not sure. Either way, you're posting in the wrong forum.

Anyone knows anything about upcoming Odyssey? Or is Honda just watching what Toyota is doing, and then make final decisions?
  • Options
    Man I would DIE for a diesel engine. That sure would get some attention.
  • Options
    jyerjyer Member Posts: 2
    I find a document about Navi..It doesn't work outside USA and Canada..Thanks and sorry for wrong site posting..

By the way..hope 2011 odyssey has something new..such as keyless and AFS lights..and universal use vavi system..
  • Options
    dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    Diesel would be number one on my wish list as well.

Honda will probably just give it a bigger more powerful engine that gets the same mpg and same acceleration because the vehicle gets even fatter. YAWN!

Nothing like the Honda of the last century.

Of course they sell more vehicles now so they must be better cars - SIGH.
  • Options
    dbtdbt Member Posts: 298
    http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=877067

Traditionally, these "concepts" have been close to the final product.
  • Options
    Still no details.

I expect a little more hp out of the current engine, perhaps a 6-speed, a new interior with a sea of look-alike buttons like all recent Honda/Acuras (Why, Honda, Why? Can't you order more rotary knobs instead of the buttons?), some more gadgets and iPod interface for stereo, maybe some more tricks (flexibility) with the seats (I doubt the stow'n'go), and slight price increase (although base price may start with a few hundred dollars less).

I also don't expect big changes in exterior design. There's not much you can do with the full-size minivans.
  • Options
    stoyotastoyota Member Posts: 28
    I like the design.
  • Options
    georgeygeorgey Member Posts: 3
    So what does everybody think of the 2011 Odyssey? Thumbs up or Down?
  • Options
    hogan773hogan773 Member Posts: 255
    Its "fine" although I like the new Sienna sheetmetal better. I dont love the "MDX-like" sloping rear roof/pillar/whatever
  • Options
    reggie6reggie6 Member Posts: 26
    I THINK IT LOOKS VERY NICE. MUCH SPORTIER THAN THE SIENNA. I SAW THE SIENNA IN PERSON AND FROM THE SIDE IT LOOKS LIKE A WHALE. ANY CLUE IF THEY WILL OFFER AWD???? HOPING YES.
  • Options
    jim1462jim1462 Member Posts: 40
    No mention of a 4cyl.motor. The 19/28 is a large jump for the V-6. The grill looks like Toyota
  • Options
    pacinpelopacinpelo Member Posts: 142
    So far it looks nice, I do not think the production vehicle will have LED lights all around (cost factor). Honda said the design team in California was hard at work doing the production model based on the concept.
  • Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Knowing Honda, what they showed is 90-95% final.
  • Options
    ajseaglesajseagles Member Posts: 13
    Does anyone ACTUALLY know when the concept hits production? I have heard some people speculate/assume that it is with the 2011 model year, but is it conceivable that it might not be until 2012?
  • Options
    pturonpturon Member Posts: 1
    I have seen new 2011 Odyssey concept and I have to tell you guys that I do not like new shape. I think side windows should be made like Japanese version . Anyway American people need more aesthetic cars.I do not understand why designers do not base on some opinions. Honda would make more profits if they create cars people want.I drive Honda Accord 2005 but new accord lost a lot potential customers because of shape.I was thinking to buy new Odyssey but after I have seen prototype I decided to wait hoping Honda make car similar to Japanese version.The other think is engine.Last years there was a rumor about diesel engine for American market.Europe makes nice very efficient diesel cars.Honda also export many Accord with diesel motor.Hey guys from Honda please do something.
    Do not waste your potential.
This discussion has been closed.