Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently drive a 2019 Ford Ranger and live in Michigan?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2015 Audi S4 Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 110,489
    limsilas said:

Michaell said:

AudiCare is usually a good deal, given the cost of Audi maintenance from the dealer.

Looks like the "customer rebate" is the first months payment. My calcs show a pre-tax payment of $605.17; your quote looks prettty good by comparison.

Thank you Michaell. So all in all, you think it's a deal worth taking?
    I'm not in the hablit of making decisions about other people's money...

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

limsilas said:

Michaell said:

Haha, okay fair enough. Let me rephrase: To me, based on what I've seen others post in this thread and other research I've done, this seems like a relatively great deal numbers-wise. Would you agree?
    I would

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• kyfdx said:

So glad I found this thread! If someone could comment on the quality of the below deal, I'd greatly appreciate it. This is for a 36-month lease/10K miles in California w/ $0 drive-off.

MSRP: $58675.00

Selling Price: $53300.00
    Doc Fee: $80.00
    Acquisition: $695.00
    AudiCare: $920.00
    License Fee: $437.00
    Gross CAP: $55432.00

Rebate: $724.00 (Season of Audi?)
    Residual: $34618.25 (0.59)
    MF: 0.00098 (I think. Screen shot says 0.98 Rate/MF)

Base: $666.41
    Tax: $58.31
    Payment: $724.72

Thanks for any feedback!

2015 S4 Premium Plus?

9% off MSRP
    Base acq.fee
    Base money factor

Calculations are exact.
    The rebate is the complimentary 1st payment

Looks live a very, very good deal, given the lease program available.
    Yup! 2015 S4 Premium Plus. There may also be a $1000 Conquest Rebate in there from Audi for households that have a BMW, MB, or Lexus. There's a $1500 rebate for previous Audi owners, as well, but we don't have one.
  • Michaell said:

limsilas said:

Michaell said:

Haha, okay fair enough. Let me rephrase: To me, based on what I've seen others post in this thread and other research I've done, this seems like a relatively great deal numbers-wise. Would you agree?
    I would
    Thank you!!
  • bpfergubpfergu Posts: 10
    I'm also in negotiations in regards to a 2015 S4. The numbers that I am getting right now are as follows:

MSRP $55,570

Selling price $52,998

Cash Down $5000

Term 36 months

MPY 10k

Residual $32,230

Money Factor .00078

Payment $643/month

I'm pretty sure that was a typo on the money factor. Also keep in mind that Texas has a 6.5% sales tax and it has to be paid on the entire sales cost of the car, even on a lease. The sales tax, all associated fees, and the first month's payment are rolled into the $5k cash down.

Is there anywhere I can negotiate to get this down some more? Thanks.
    bpfergu said:

I'm also in negotiations in regards to a 2015 S4. The numbers that I am getting right now are as follows:

MSRP $55,570

Selling price $52,998

Cash Down $5000

Term 36 months

MPY 10k

Residual $32,230

Money Factor .00078

Payment $643/month

I'm pretty sure that was a typo on the money factor. Also keep in mind that Texas has a 6.5% sales tax and it has to be paid on the entire sales cost of the car, even on a lease. The sales tax, all associated fees, and the first month's payment are rolled into the $5k cash down.

The base MF for the S4 was .00098 in December, but I've heard that the Audi numbers have been extended until 1/8/15.

However, using your numbers (including the .00078 MF), I get a payment of $643.35/mo, so spot on with your quote.

Only way to lower the payment is to negotiate a lower selling price, or put more money down (which we don't recommend).

• Do we know what the money factor is for January 2015? Also if the conquest money is still available?

I was quoted .00144 for a money factor for a 42 month lease.....Seems high based on the previous posts.

Thank you!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 119,942
    43215md said:

Do we know what the money factor is for January 2015? Also if the conquest money is still available?

I was quoted .00144 for a money factor for a 42 month lease.....Seems high based on the previous posts.

Thank you!

.00099 is the base MF for 42 month leases.. no info on conquest money

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Thank you! Much appreciated.
  • asecasec Posts: 10
    Michaell said:

bpfergu said:

MSRP $55,570

Selling price $52,998

Cash Down $5000

Term 36 months

MPY 10k

Residual $32,230

Money Factor .00078

Payment $643/month

The base MF for the S4 was .00098 in December, but I've heard that the Audi numbers have been extended until 1/8/15.

However, using your numbers (including the .00078 MF), I get a payment of $643.35/mo, so spot on with your quote.

Only way to lower the payment is to negotiate a lower selling price, or put more money down (which we don't recommend).
    Negotiate a lower price!

I started with a MSRP of $56,365 and ended up with a selling price of $50.879. My local dealer could not get me there so I went to North Carolina to find a dealer that could and fortunately they had one equipped the same.

Final payment was 534/mo for 36 months at 10,000 miles/yr. My total cash at close was 2975 which included first months payment, tax, title, tag and $2877 cap cost reduction per lease docs. That doesn't make sense unless they put the rebates towards cap cost reduction which they must have since the lease docs showed $4,509 cash at close and I paid $2975 that included first months payment.

Make sure to get the Audi Care in your lease! It increases residual from 58% to 59% so the $860 fee is substantially offset. My deal above includes AudiCare. I see people posting payments of 650 to 750 on the same car and it just doesn't make sense.

BTW, the launch control with the automated manual is an extra special bonus that I didn't know about until after I purchased the vehicle. What a thrill to go 0-60 in 4.4 seconds! 1 month in and I love every minute in this car!

• asecasec Posts: 10
    edited January 2015

See attached deal for details.
    edited January 2015
    @asec

You can see the credit for the rebates on the first document. $1534. $1000 rebate and complimentary 1st payment ($534) from Audi.

Thanks for posting your documents... very informative.

Edmunds Moderator

• asec,
    congrats on your new S4 and great deal. Can you list out the options you have and trim level this is? Also, do you not have sales tax in your state?
  • Input sought on Jan 36/12 Residual and Jan MF?
    Also would be keen to know if Audi still allows MSD and if each one buys down .00007? Many thanks!
    chitown15 said:

Input sought on Jan 36/12 Residual and Jan MF?
    Also would be keen to know if Audi still allows MSD and if each one buys down .00007? Many thanks!

Audi does have an MSD program, but I don't know the specifics (.00007 sounds like BMW's program).

.00079 MF and 56% residual for Premium Plus model. 53% for Prestige

Edmunds Moderator

• Thank you. Yes that MSD buy down factor is the BMW program.
    Question back to you. Do residuals and MF rates fluctuate within a month or only monthly?
    chitown15 said:

Thank you. Yes that MSD buy down factor is the BMW program.
    Question back to you. Do residuals and MF rates fluctuate within a month or only monthly?

Generally, it's monthly... if there is any mid-month update, it's usually cash incentives.

Edmunds Moderator

• Recommended sweetspot term wise for 12000 miles/yr on Prem Plus? 36, 39, 42? If 39 or 42 Residual and MF much appreciated.
    chitown15 said:

Recommended sweetspot term wise for 12000 miles/yr on Prem Plus? 36, 39, 42? If 39 or 42 Residual and MF much appreciated.

I like the 36 month term...but, 42 months is .00099 MF and 52% residual. That might give a slightly lower payment.

Edmunds Moderator

• What's the general consensus on the extra tire care package (18" tires) and Audi Care on a 36 month lease?
    chitown15 said:

What's the general consensus on the extra tire care package (18" tires) and Audi Care on a 36 month lease?

Without knowing the price, I'll guess that it's overpriced...

Edmunds Moderator

• chitown15 said:
    What's the general consensus on the extra tire care package (18" tires) and Audi Care on a 36 month lease?
    Audi care is sold at the dealer cost, and adds 10-15 bucks more a month to the payment. Go for it. The first and second service cost as much as audi care. And you can pro-rate a refund if you trade out before your 45k service.

• I am looking at a '15 S4. Here are details. Something is not adding up. Seems about $100 per month high.

MSRP--$59,155
    Negotiated price--$55,966.10
    36 months
    7500 miles/year
    2000 down to cover first month's lease, "fees", cap reduction cost.
    Money Factor is .00079
    Residual is 58%.
    tax is 9.8%

Monthly payment per dealer is $753.08

Thoughts?
    bludool said:

I am looking at a '15 S4. Here are details. Something is not adding up. Seems about $100 per month high.

MSRP--$59,155
    Negotiated price--$55,966.10
    36 months
    7500 miles/year
    2000 down to cover first month's lease, "fees", cap reduction cost.
    Money Factor is .00079
    Residual is 58%.
    tax is 9.8%

Monthly payment per dealer is $753.08

Thoughts?

Premium Plus model?

That's the base money factor and the correct residual.

I get $673/mo.+tax, or about $739/mo. So, just $14/mo. difference.. (if the CAP cost is the same as the sale price). How much of your $2000 is going to CAP reduction?

Edmunds Moderator

• Yes,
    Premium plus model. $1,000 going to cap reduction.
    bludool said:
    Yes, Premium plus model. $1,000 going to cap reduction.
    That takes off about $28/mo on the payment. 

• jmaengjmaeng Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    Hi I am looking to lease premium plus 2015 sq4 model.
    what is the MF and residual for Feb. 36months/10k thanks
    jmaeng said:
    Hi I am looking to lease premium plus 2015 sq4 model. what is the MF and residual for Feb. 36months/10k thanks
    .00079 and 57%

• g4teg4te Posts: 1
    Great forum. Starting negotiations and I just wanted confirm the February MF and residual for a 2015 Audi S4 Premium Plus 36months/10k and 12k. Also should these numbers be good through the end of February?
    Thanks in advance.