Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Lexus GS 350 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336
    crazydeo said:

Is this a good deal?
    MSRP:$57685
    Sale Price: $51888
    Down: $4800 w/$1800 lease cash included
    Monthly: $482
    36 month with 15k miles a year

What is the breakdown of the $3000 you are putting in at the beginning of the lease? How much of that is cap cost reduction?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    crazydeocrazydeo Member Posts: 30
    Michaell said:

crazydeo said:

Is this a good deal?

What is the breakdown of the $3000 you are putting in at the beginning of the lease? How much of that is cap cost reduction?
    $3532.48 for cap cost reduction
  • Options
    crazydeo said:

Michaell said:

crazydeo said:

Is this a good deal?

We don't recommend making a cap cost reduction - if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money. That works out to almost $100/mo on your payment.

That said, $582/mo for a car that stickers at almost $58K is not a bad deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    crazydeocrazydeo Member Posts: 30
    Michaell said:

crazydeo said:

Michaell said:

crazydeo said:

Is this a good deal?

We don't recommend making a cap cost reduction - if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money. That works out to almost $100/mo on your payment.

Thanks Michaell!!
    BTW, I forgot to update you on the Sale Price, as I managed to squeeze a little more out of them. New Sale Price is $51495. I think I'll go in today and pick it up.
  • Options
    crazydeo said:

Michaell said:

crazydeo said:

Michaell said:

crazydeo said:

Is this a good deal?

Thanks Michaell!!
    BTW, I forgot to update you on the Sale Price, as I managed to squeeze a little more out of them. New Sale Price is $51495. I think I'll go in today and pick it up.
    Congratulations ... enjoy!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    nexnex Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2015
    I just signed 2015 GS350 F Sport AWD on 01/24/15 , Living in NY . this deal included with 1800 cash rebate.
    $609 /Month . all taxes and fee are rolled into monthly payment , paid 1st payment plus DMV cost only
    12k/yr. 36 Month lease . free maintenance service upto 25K

if sign GS350 AWD $583 /month for 12k/yr, 36 Month

Dear Kyfdx,
    is this Good deal ? , i saw reviews , my deal costs is higher than others
  • Options
    mcb345mcb345 Member Posts: 32
    Question, is anyone being offered selling prices under invoice when the $1800 is included? Since the GS is a slower seller for Lexus I would figure they'd sell the car (or lease) very close to invoice and then with the $1800 it should be under invoice. Has anyone been offered a deal of $1800 UNDER invoice or relatively close to that??
  • Options
    mcb345 said:

Question, is anyone being offered selling prices under invoice when the $1800 is included? Since the GS is a slower seller for Lexus I would figure they'd sell the car (or lease) very close to invoice and then with the $1800 it should be under invoice. Has anyone been offered a deal of $1800 UNDER invoice or relatively close to that??

i am sure that selling price is under invoice /ticket price , ex) $55k ticket /invoice ,selling abt $51k including $1800 cash rebate . as far as i know GS 350 is not a slower seller in NY .
    i looked for mid-size sedan , A6, BM 5 , MB E CLass. GS 350 is better deal than others.
  • Options
    nex said:

I just signed 2015 GS350 F Sport AWD on 01/24/15 , Living in NY . this deal included with 1800 cash rebate.
    $609 /Month . all taxes and fee are rolled into monthly payment , paid 1st payment plus DMV cost only
    12k/yr. 36 Month lease . free maintenance service upto 25K

if sign GS350 AWD $583 /month for 12k/yr, 36 Month

Dear Kyfdx,
    is this Good deal ? , i saw reviews , my deal costs is higher than others

What are the MSRP and net cap costs?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Dear Kyfdx , Since i lease cars every 2-3 years , I do not ask MSRP or net cap costs. .
    once i get Paper work from dealer , i can provide you exact #s . but MSRP GS F Sport . abt. closest to $58-60K and GS 350 Abt Btwn. $55 & 56K ,

Comparing above our offers to below
    I saw above review who live in NY , abt same MSRP on GS 350 ,
    He pays $575/Month 10K//27 month

Net cap costs ? is Sale price ? I should ask you before deal with dealer .
  • Options
    nex said:

Dear Kyfdx , Since i lease cars every 2-3 years , I do not ask MSRP or net cap costs. .
    once i get Paper work from dealer , i can provide you exact #s . but MSRP GS F Sport . abt. closest to $58-60K and GS 350 Abt Btwn. $55 & 56K ,

Comparing above our offers to below
    I saw above review who live in NY , abt same MSRP on GS 350 ,
    He pays $575/Month 10K//27 month

Net cap costs ? is Sale price ? I should ask you before deal with dealer .

You want to negotiate the best selling price and ensure that the money factor is not being marked up on you by the dealer. That will get you the best monthly payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Dear Kyfdx,

I got below Numbers from Dealer today
    GS350 F Sport AWD, MSRP $57,945 Sell Price $53200 Including $1800 Cash Rebate.
    12K/Yr 36month Lease , MF 0.0009% RV: 64%
    $609/Month, Just Month Plus DMV Costs . NY Sales Tax , 8.625% Rolled into Payment
    Upto 25K (5,10,15,20,25k) Maintenance free service

is this good deal ?
  • Options
    nex said:

Dear Kyfdx,

I got below Numbers from Dealer today
    GS350 F Sport AWD, MSRP $57,945 Sell Price $53200 Including $1800 Cash Rebate.
    12K/Yr 36month Lease , MF 0.0009% RV: 64%
    $609/Month, Just Month Plus DMV Costs . NY Sales Tax , 8.625% Rolled into Payment
    Upto 25K (5,10,15,20,25k) Maintenance free service

is this good deal ?

I'm calculating the sales tax as $1642, so the net cap goes to $52,842. I get a payment of $575.99 with those numbers.

Anything else being added into the net cap cost that we're not accounting for?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Thks KYFDX, Sales tax as $1652 , What's The Net cap ? , How did you get $575.99 THis means
    i should get $576 /Month instead of $609/Month ? Kindly advise me detail Thks
  • Options
    nex said:

Thks KYFDX, Sales tax as $1652 , What's The Net cap ? , How did you get $575.99 THis means
    i should get $576 /Month instead of $609/Month ? Kindly advise me detail Thks

I added the sales tax to the selling price you provided to get the net cap cost.

Yes, my calculations show $576/mo. Dealer needs to explain to you how they got $609/mo - or almost $1200 more for the 36 month term.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Dear KYFDX, Kindly recalculate , You net cap costs , you typed above $52842,
    My sell price $53200 Plus tax 1652 then Net Cap $54842 ?

kindly re-calculate and advise me , really appreciated .
    And advise us your calculation detail . THks
  • Options
    nex said:

Dear KYFDX, Kindly recalculate , You net cap costs , you typed above $52842,
    My sell price $53200 Plus tax 1652 then Net Cap $54842 ?

kindly re-calculate and advise me , really appreciated .
    And advise us your calculation detail . THks

Sorry, I must have mis-typed. I am using $54,842 as the cap cost in my calculations.

There are many lease calculators available on the web .. simply use the numbers provided.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    arnaarna Member Posts: 15
    Hello

Ive been told by a broker that I might be able to get a better deal on the gs350 in february but certainly wont do worse. 

Is he anticipating a change in MF/RV or factory incentive?

was ready to sign papers today before this curveball.

I have a current offer for 
    $1k drive off $515/month tax included
    $57,685 msrp
  • Options
    arna said:

Hello

Ive been told by a broker that I might be able to get a better deal on the gs350 in february but certainly wont do worse. 

$57,685 msrp

What is the selling price on your current offer?

Hard to predict what will happen to the Lexus lease numbers next month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    I actually have not asked about the Sale price 
    its 50,000 after the 1800 and whatever is left over from my 1k by my calculations. I forgot to mention 15k lease.

Michaell said:
    Hello

$57,685 msrp
    What is the selling price on your current offer? Hard to predict what will happen to the Lexus lease numbers next month.

• Options
    arna said:

its 50,000 after the 1800 and whatever is left over from my 1k by my calculations. I forgot to mention 15k lease.

Michaell said:

arna said:

Hello

$57,685 msrp

What is the selling price on your current offer?

Hard to predict what will happen to the Lexus lease numbers next month.

$515/mo with tax is a decent lease payment on a car that stickers for almost $58K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

Michaell said:
    Hello

$57,685 msrp
    What is the selling price on your current offer? Hard to predict what will happen to the Lexus lease numbers next month.

$515/mo with tax is a decent lease payment on a car that stickers for almost $58K.
    I dont think I could have done much better considering I need the 15k miles.

thank you for the info. 
  • Options
    xruined901xruined901 Member Posts: 52
    With respect to the $1800 incentive, is it normally applied separately on the lease as cap cost reduction, which is then taxed? So for a 7% tax rate, $126 is added to the fees due.

Or is it possible to ask dealer to work the incentive into the gross cap cost (selling price) so it doesn't get taxed?
  • Options

With respect to the $1800 incentive, is it normally applied separately on the lease as cap cost reduction, which is then taxed? So for a 7% tax rate, $126 is added to the fees due.

Or is it possible to ask dealer to work the incentive into the gross cap cost (selling price) so it doesn't get taxed?

I think it has to be applied as a cap cost reduction, so it is subject to tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Anyone know if the $1800 dealer cash is continuing through the month of February or has that info not been released yet?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    mcb345 said:

Anyone know if the $1800 dealer cash is continuing through the month of February or has that info not been released yet?

Won't know until later this week... Seems doubtful that it would go away, without some other incentive to offset it..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Checking in to see if the GS February number have come in yet for 36 month 12k and also if the $1800 cash was still available? Thanks.
  • Options
    mcb345 said:

Checking in to see if the GS February number have come in yet for 36 month 12k and also if the $1800 cash was still available? Thanks.

.00070 and $1800 lease cash.

64% residual for 36/12

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

mcb345 said:

64% residual for 36/12
    Just to confirm, these are national numbers that should be seen in any state correct? Specifically, IL.
  • Options
    mcb345 said:

Michaell said:

mcb345 said:

64% residual for 36/12
    Just to confirm, these are national numbers that should be seen in any state correct? Specifically, IL.
    Funny you should ask. The only information we have is for the central area, which includes IL. Not often are there regional differences, but in this case, you got lucky. :smile:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    lj7006lj7006 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    Greetings everyone,
    I am from Southern California and I have just started my search on cars.
    So right now I have gotten some numbers from dealerships.
    24 months 12k miles/yr
    MSRP $57685
    $0 drive off (first payment waived)
    $650 (including 9% LA county tax)
    I am just wondering why are my numbers so high compare to others on the forum as it seems like everyone else from socal is getting low $500 range payment?
  • Options
    lj7006 said:

Greetings everyone,
    24 months 12k miles/yr
    MSRP $57685
    I am just wondering why are my numbers so high compare to others on the forum as it seems like everyone else from socal is getting low $500 range payment?

What is the net cap cost of your offer?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    South BaySouth Bay Member Posts: 10
    edited February 2015
    Hi Michaell, can you please provide residual #s for 24/27/36 months, 10k/year? '15 GS 350 RWD. Thank you
  • Options
    South Bay said:

Hi Michaell, can you please provide residual #s for 24/27/36 months, 10k/year? '15 GS 350 RWD. Thank you

71% / 70% / 65%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

mcb345 said:

Michaell said:

mcb345 said:

64% residual for 36/12
    Funny you should ask. The only information we have is for the central area, which includes IL. Not often are there regional differences, but in this case, you got lucky. :smile:
    This is very good news. I was told the MF was .00090 from an OH dealer so I'm assuming they aren't in the same region then but if IL is in fact .00070 then that will likely push me to stay in IL.
  • Options
    mcb345 said:

Michaell said:

mcb345 said:

Michaell said:

mcb345 said:

64% residual for 36/12
    This is very good news. I was told the MF was .00090 from an OH dealer so I'm assuming they aren't in the same region then but if IL is in fact .00070 then that will likely push me to stay in IL.
    Yes.. .00070 is the special MF for Illinois.. .00090 MF is the national number.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    treated07treated07 Member Posts: 8
    I stumbled upon this deal, I was wondering roughly how much I could negotiate off of the price and what MF and residuals they are using?? Thanks everyone.

2015GS350 F SPORTAWD
    $449mo.36mos.
    $3,499due at signing.
    Complimentary Navigation Included
    Excludes official fees, taxes and dealer charges. No security deposit required. 10,000 mile/year limit.
    *Available on approved credit to very well qualified customers through Lexus Financial Services and participating Lexus dealers on a new 2015 GS 350 F Sport AWD. Not all customers will qualify. Offer based on MSRP of $56,670 including delivery, processing and handling. Monthly payment may vary depending on final price of vehicle & your qualifications. You pay $0.25 per mile over 10,000 per year. See dealer for vehicle and lease program details. Must take delivery by 3/2/2015. This offer is available in IL.
  • Options
    treated07 said:

I stumbled upon this deal, I was wondering roughly how much I could negotiate off of the price and what MF and residuals they are using?? Thanks everyone.

2015GS350 F SPORTAWD
    $449mo.36mos.
    $3,499due at signing.
    Complimentary Navigation Included
    Excludes official fees, taxes and dealer charges. No security deposit required. 10,000 mile/year limit.
    *Available on approved credit to very well qualified customers through Lexus Financial Services and participating Lexus dealers on a new 2015 GS 350 F Sport AWD. Not all customers will qualify. Offer based on MSRP of $56,670 including delivery, processing and handling. Monthly payment may vary depending on final price of vehicle & your qualifications. You pay $0.25 per mile over 10,000 per year. See dealer for vehicle and lease program details. Must take delivery by 3/2/2015. This offer is available in IL.

65% and .00090 for 36/10.

You should be able to negotiate a better price on your own. And, we don't recommend making a down payment on a lease - if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    treated07treated07 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks Michaell
  • Options
    lj7006lj7006 Member Posts: 2
    Michaell said:

lj7006 said:

Greetings everyone,
    24 months 12k miles/yr
    MSRP $57685

MSRP $57685
    Selling price $52296
    mf .0009
    residual 40379.50

These are the numbers that I was given. Actually this quote is from an auto broker which is the best deal I have gotten so far. Dealerships are giving me numbers like $680 otd $1k drive off and wouldn't budge at all. I am wondering if there's something wrong with.

• Options
    lj7006 said:

Michaell said:

lj7006 said:

Greetings everyone,
    24 months 12k miles/yr
    MSRP $57685

MSRP $57685
    Selling price $52296
    mf .0009
    residual 40379.50

These are the numbers that I was given. Actually this quote is from an auto broker which is the best deal I have gotten so far. Dealerships are giving me numbers like $680 otd $1k drive off and wouldn't budge at all. I am wondering if there's something wrong with.

The selling price and the net cap cost are not always the same thing. Ask the dealer for the net cap cost and have them explain how they got to that number from the selling price.

Using the numbers you've given, along with the base MF of .00090 and the 24/12 residual of 70%, I get a pre-tax payment of $579.93 and $632.12 after tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    phampauphampau Member Posts: 12
    Can you confirm that the MF is .0007 and not .0009? I know it was .00009 last month before 2/2/15 but not sure after. I am in Alabama/Florida. Thanks, Paul
  • Options
    phampau said:

Can you confirm that the MF is .0007 and not .0009? I know it was .00009 last month before 2/2/15 but not sure after. I am in Alabama/Florida. Thanks, Paul

The national number is still .00090. The lower MF of .00070 is for Illinois only.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    phampauphampau Member Posts: 12
    Thank you sir, that is what I was just told by the dealer! Just wanted to confirm
  • Options
    MZA212MZA212 Member Posts: 355
    Do you have the FEB numbers for the GS 350 F lease 10k,12k and 15k ?
    Thank you
  • Options
    mzia said:

Do you have the FEB numbers for the GS 350 F lease 10k,12k and 15k ?
    Thank you

.00090 MF and 65%/64%/62% residual for 36 months. $1800 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    travispete1travispete1 Member Posts: 46
    Looking forward to new lease programs on gs starting tomorrow
  • Options
    travispete1travispete1 Member Posts: 46
    heard that lexus is doing 1st mo payment included now.
  • Options
    Can you confirm that MF and RV for 2015 gs350 f sport 27month 12k and 36 month 12k
    Lexus has new program starting from02/12/15 thks
  • Options
    Any cash intensive and pomotion..?