Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2015 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Lease Questions

ClairesClaires Chicago areaPosts: 1,222
edited May 2015 in Mercedes-Benz
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2015 Mercedes-Benz M-Class leasing questions. Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2015 M-Class, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have, or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Mercedes-Benz M-Class page.

MODERATOR

Need help getting around? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

«1345678

Comments

  • alijeealijee Posts: 13

    Hey guys, so my ML 350 RWD 2015 pre order should be arriving in 5 weeks as the dealer tells me.
    I would like MF and residuals on 12k/15k for 36 months on both the 2014 and 2015 ML350 RWD for August so I can see what the difference will cost me.
    Thank you in advance

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,505

    @alijee said:
    Hey guys, so my ML 350 RWD 2015 pre order should be arriving in 5 weeks as the dealer tells me.
    I would like MF and residuals on 12k/15k for 36 months on both the 2014 and 2015 ML350 RWD for August so I can see what the difference will cost me.
    Thank you in advance

    August numbers probably won't be available to us until early next week, unless we get lucky and get them on Friday.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • alijeealijee Posts: 13

    @Michaell Thank you, I will wait and watch closely for Tuesday!

  • alijeealijee Posts: 13

    @alijee said:
    Hey guys, so my ML 350 RWD 2015 pre order should be arriving in 5 weeks as the dealer tells me.
    I would like MF and residuals on 12k/15k for 36 months on both the 2014 and 2015 ML350 RWD for August so I can see what the difference will cost me.
    Thank you in advance

    Hey guys its Tues! wondering if there are any updates?

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,790

    Sure... what model and term/mileage?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • alijeealijee Posts: 13
     Hey guys, so my ML 350 RWD 2015 pre order should be arriving in 5 weeks as the dealer tells me. I would like MF and residuals on 12k/15k for 36 months on both the 2014 and 2015 ML350 RWD for August so I can see what the difference will cost me. Thank you in advance
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,790

    @alijee said:
     Hey guys, so my ML 350 RWD 2015 pre order should be arriving in 5 weeks as the dealer tells me. I would like MF and residuals on 12k/15k for 36 months on both the 2014 and 2015 ML350 RWD for August so I can see what the difference will cost me. Thank you in advance

    2014: .00103 MF and 54%/52% residual

    2015: .00137 MF and 55%/53% residual

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • mattc123mattc123 Posts: 14
    edited August 2014
    Trying to get a 36/mo lease with 12k miles with ZERO down for $900 on an ML350 66k MSRP for $62k...is this possible?
  • mattc123mattc123 Posts: 14
    Will dealers negotiate the residuals or are they set firm by Mercedes? If that's the case, then we can only negotiate the car price and money factor?
  • mattc123mattc123 Posts: 14
    Also is this info just on RWD ML's?

    2015: .00137 MF and 55%/53% residual

    What would it be for 4Matic's?
  • mattc123mattc123 Posts: 14
    So I guess that's a no...adding tax would put me at $950 or so...sounds high for an ML. Thanks!!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,790

    @mattc123 said:
    Will dealers negotiate the residuals or are they set firm by Mercedes? If that's the case, then we can only negotiate the car price and money factor?

    Residuals are set by Mercedes Finance.. Base money factors can't be reduced, but dealers will mark them up for extra profit.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,790

    @mattc123 said:
    Also is this info just on RWD ML's?

    2015: .00137 MF and 55%/53% residual

    What would it be for 4Matic's?

    MF is .00135 for AWD... residuals are the same.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • mattc123mattc123 Posts: 14
    Ok I just spoke with Mercedes of Chantilly, VA...here's what they quoted me:

    2015 ML350 4Matic
    MSRP $66k
    Sale price $61k
    36 month lease
    12k miles per year
    Residual 50%
    0 down except 1st payment
    $1,080/mo
    .0015 money factor

    The 50% residual is bad right?? That's killing the payment...they said they're estimating the residual but I need to come in and meet them.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,790
    edited August 2014

    The residual can't be correct.. It has to be 55% for 36mo, 12K/yr. It's possible they are marking up the money factor for extra profit, or possibly to waive a security deposit, as the base MF is .00135.

    Not sure what your taxes are like, or what else they might be rolling into the lease to get to $1080/mo., but that looks at least $150/mo. too high....

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • mattc123mattc123 Posts: 14

    Taxes are 6% in Maryland on the sale price...So I have to add about $4,000 to the financed amount (includes $350 title, registration, tags)...I would consider this lease at $850/month with zero down but not sure if I can get that anywhere...Thoughts? Thanks!

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,790

    Doesn't look like you can come close to that number, especially given the MSRP of that unit and Maryland taxes.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • nvisichnvisich Posts: 2

    @kyfdx said:
    .00103 MF and 54% residual for 2WD... .00102 MF for AWD.

    Adding the $795 acq.fee into the CAP cost, the payment is $856/mo plus tax.

    Due at signing would be first payment, title/registration/doc fees.

    What are the MF and residual for both the 2015 ML350 4matic and ML400 4matic for:

    12k/15k for 30/36 months?

  • mszkmszk Posts: 7

    @kyfdx‌ , It looks to me that the MB website's advertised lease deal on ML350 has a MF of 0.001356 and residual of 56%? Is that correct? Would a different MSRP (e.g. 65K) change those numbers? Assuming taking the same MF and residual in the advertised lease deal, is it still common to get 6% off the MSRP as dealer contribution? Many thanks!

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,790

    @mszk said:
    kyfdx‌ , It looks to me that the MB website's advertised lease deal on ML350 has a MF of 0.001356 and residual of 56%? Is that correct? Would a different MSRP (e.g. 65K) change those numbers? Assuming taking the same MF and residual in the advertised lease deal, is it still common to get 6% off the MSRP as dealer contribution? Many thanks!

    Without seeing the ad, it's hard to say, but it's most likely either .00103 MF or .00102 MF, depending on RWD or AWD.. Residual for 36mo, 10K/yr is 55%.

    The money factor and residual are constant, regardless of MSRP. Discounts should be similar for higher MSRP units, when looked at from a percentage basis.. You should be able to take the advertised deal and extrapolate the payment for a higher MSRP, as long as you increase the upfront money by a like percentage...

    That said, you can usually do better than the advertised deal, though most dealers will probably offer a deal that is initially worse.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • mattc123mattc123 Posts: 14
    Just saw the new ML400 comes with most of the options I want on the ML350...premium package, ambient lighting, premium leather, 4matic, sport package, Harmon kardon, etc...and more...Price would be 68k...any chance of getting this car with zero down (other than 1st payment) for $850/month? Maryland sales tax 6% up front (so $4k with registration). Want 3 or 4 year lease with 12k/year
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,790

    @mattc123 said:
    Just saw the new ML400 comes with most of the options I want on the ML350...premium package, ambient lighting, premium leather, 4matic, sport package, Harmon kardon, etc...and more...Price would be 68k...any chance of getting this car with zero down (other than 1st payment) for $850/month? Maryland sales tax 6% up front (so $4k with registration). Want 3 or 4 year lease with 12k/year

    Not a chance... the new ML400 lease program is worse than the 2014 ML350.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • nickosnickos Posts: 20

    Anybody in nyc get any nice lease deals? Looking for 2015 ml350 4matic 30 months 12000miles a year. Zero down just first month payment. And what would MF be and RV be for this SUV? Should I wait for winter event in December? Thanks

  • mszkmszk Posts: 7

    Thank you, @kyfdx‌ . That's helpful.

  • mattc123mattc123 Posts: 14
    This may be a stupid question but… Is the residual value calculated off the MSRP or the final sale price?
  • mszkmszk Posts: 7

    I plan to order a 2015 AWD ML350 and the dealer said the car would arrive in Oct. Are the RV & MF configures based on when the car arrives or when the order is placed? Does Mercedes often changes its RV & MF over a couple of months? Many thanks!

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,505

    @mszk said:
    I plan to order a 2015 AWD ML350 and the dealer said the car would arrive in Oct. Are the RV & MF configures based on when the car arrives or when the order is placed? Does Mercedes often changes its RV & MF over a couple of months? Many thanks!

    Usually it's when the car arrives at the dealer and the paperwork is drawn up.

    MB has updated their numbers every month; hard to say what they will look like in October.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • mszkmszk Posts: 7

    Thanks very much, Michaell.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,790

    @mattc123 said:
    This may be a stupid question but… Is the residual value calculated off the MSRP or the final sale price?

    MSRP

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • mattc123mattc123 Posts: 14
    So if the car is 66k and they drop it to 61k, a 50% residual (for example) will be $33k? So is pay $33k during the lease? It's not 50% of the sale price, or $30,500? Wow that makes a big payment difference
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,790

    @mattc123 said:
    So if the car is 66k and they drop it to 61k, a 50% residual (for example) will be $33k? So is pay $33k during the lease? It's not 50% of the sale price, or $30,500? Wow that makes a big payment difference

    The residual is based on the MSRP... Whether you negotiate a low price or a high price, the car will still be worth the same at lease end.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • mszkmszk Posts: 7

    Does MB usually give out much better lease terms (MF & Residuals) at year end? By how much usually? I wonder whether it is worthwhile to wait for a couple of months before I order my ML350? Thanks.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,505

    @mszk said:
    Does MB usually give out much better lease terms (MF & Residuals) at year end? By how much usually? I wonder whether it is worthwhile to wait for a couple of months before I order my ML350? Thanks.

    It's hard to predict what will happen with the lease numbers from month to month.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • nickw44nickw44 Posts: 15

    Hi

    Could you provide the MF/RV on

    2014 ML350 AWD 36m/10K & 12K
    2015 Ml350 AWD 36m/10K & 12K

    Thanks in advance

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,505

    @nickw44 said:
    Hi

    Could you provide the MF/RV on

    2014 ML350 AWD 36m/10K & 12K
    2015 Ml350 AWD 36m/10K & 12K

    Thanks in advance

    2014 - 54% and .00102

    2015 - 55% and .00135

    Add 1% for 10K

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • mattc123mattc123 Posts: 14
    So then what's the point of negotiating a purchase price on
  • mattc123mattc123 Posts: 14
    ...a lease?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,505

    @mattc123 said:
    So then what's the point of negotiating a purchase price on a lease?

    It will result in a lower payment.

    For example .. $60K MSRP, 50% residual, $58K selling price, 36 month lease.

    Depreciation portion of the payment is (cap cost - residual value)/lease term.

    (58,000 - 30,000)/36 = $777.77/mo

    Now, let's assume you can negotiate the cap cost down to $55K:

    (55,000 - 30,000)/36 = $694.44/mo

    Saving $3K on the purchase price equates to over $80/mo savings on the lease payment.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • mattc123mattc123 Posts: 14
    Oh ok...so then does this scenario make sense:

    MSRP: $62k
    Negotiated Sale Price: $56k
    55% residual

    56k - $34,100(.55x62k) = $21,900 + $3,750(6% tax + fees) = 25,650

    So 25,650 at 3% interest over 3 years(lease term) payment is 745.92?

    Did I do that right or should I be multiplying the MSRP by .45 and not .55?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,790
    edited August 2014

    @mattc123 said:
    Oh ok...so then does this scenario make sense:

    MSRP: $62k
    Negotiated Sale Price: $56k
    55% residual

    56k - $34,100(.55x62k) = $21,900 + $3,750(6% tax + fees) = 25,650

    So 25,650 at 3% interest over 3 years(lease term) payment is 745.92?

    Did I do that right or should I be multiplying the MSRP by .45 and not .55?

    The lease payment calculation is pretty simple. You are making it a little too hard.

    CAP cost minus residual = depreciation (you did this part correctly) Divide by lease term to convert to monthly depreciation.

    (Cap cost + residual) X (money factor) = monthly finance charge.

    Monthly depreciation + monthly finance charge = monthly payment

    That's it... three steps..

    Sales tax handling depends on your state of residence.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • mattc123mattc123 Posts: 14
    So base off that, my monthly payment doesn't sound right...sounds too low at $608/mo. I did:

    $56k - $34,100(62k x .55) = 21,900 / 36 mo = $608?? (Didn't do interest or tax yet)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,790

    @mattc123 said:
    So base off that, my monthly payment doesn't sound right...sounds too low at $608/mo. I did:

    $56k - $34,100(62k x .55) = 21,900 / 36 mo = $608?? (Didn't do interest or tax yet)

    Yes.. the finance charge will be substantial.. Over $100/mo.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • mattc123mattc123 Posts: 14
    Ok thanks for your help!! Looks like I can get that 62k MSRP ML350 for $56k and, in turn, a 3 year lease payment around $750/mo including the 6% full taxes rolled in if these figures are correct...Hope the dealer sees it this way too! Will know soon. Thanks again!
  • mszkmszk Posts: 7

    Hi @mattc123, hope your process goes well. It seems you've got a very nice discount from a 2015ML350 with a 6K off MSRP. Any tips you care to share? Thanks.

  • mattc123mattc123 Posts: 14
    Hi @mszk‌ ...no tips really...2 dealers willing to do this for me without much negotiation. Will be going in next week to work out lease details
  • mszkmszk Posts: 7

    @mattc123, are you ordering the car, or they already have the car you want? Thanks.

  • jcarmjcarm Posts: 18

    Could you provide the MF, RV, and discounting for

    2015 ML350 36m/12K & 15K

    Thanks

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,505

    @jcarm said:
    Could you provide the MF, RV, and discounting for

    2015 ML350 36m/12K & 15K

    Thanks

    .00137 - RWD

    .00135 - 4Matic

    53% residual for 36/15 on both; add 2% for 12K

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Sign In or Register to comment.