Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2015 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Lease Questions

124678

Comments

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 176,226
    sats0 said:

    kyfdx said:

    sats0 said:

    Hi,
    Is sales tax on leases in California calculated on the total sales price or on just the leased price? I got the following quote on a 2015 ML350 4MATIC:
    MSRP: $63,945
    Negotiated price: $56,000
    Tax @ 9%: $5,047.20
    Fees: $583.75
    Out the door price: $61,630.95

    Cash Down: $1416.71
    36 mo/12K: $825.76 / month
    Residual: $35,169.75
    The above info is on the sheet he gave me.
    The dealer mentioned the MF is 0.00102. He also said the Cash Down is primarily for Fees and 1st month payment, but the numbers don't add up. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.


    The purchase tax has nothing to do with a lease... Payments are taxed monthly. So, the OTD price is only for a purchase.
    You should ask for the CAP cost and compare that to the selling price, and ask for a line item accounting of the difference.

    If your CAP cost is $56,795 (purchase price + acq.fee), I get a payment of $702/mo+tax, or about $765/mo.tax included.. Your $1400 upfront would cover the 1st payment and registration fees.. (I show MF of .00111)

    Looks like they have about $1800 in extras hidden in there somewhere..
    OK, thanks for the clarification! Is there an additional acquisition fee that is tacked on? Another dealer had a $1098 acquisition fee in addition to the doc, registration and smog fees. I believe this should be $795?

    Really appreciate all this info!

    The base acquisition fee is $795. Mercedes Finance allows dealers to mark up that rate to $1095 for extra profit.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • Any chance of leasing 2015 ML under $650.00 a month in IL (tax 7.25) with zero down? Mercedes is offering on their site $579 a month with close to $5000 at signing for a $48500 MSRP. Can this be worked into say $620.00 with zero down for a $51000 MSRP car?
  • samny1samny1 Posts: 115
    Hi,

    I was wondering if you knew the MF and RV on a 2015 ML350 4matic for 15K and 36 months in NY?


    I received a quote from a dealer on a loaner with about 5500 miles on it. It has Premium 1 package, nav, rear view camera, XM radio

    MSRP: 57050
    Selling Price: 49295
    MF: 0.00101
    RV: 53%
    Taxes: 2047.20 (rolled into lease)

    1993.54 up front (1142 for acq/doc/ins/[non-permissible content removed])

    659 a month for 36 months at 15K


    Is that a good deal?


    Thanks in advance,

    SM
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    borusik83 said:

    Any chance of leasing 2015 ML under $650.00 a month in IL (tax 7.25) with zero down? Mercedes is offering on their site $579 a month with close to $5000 at signing for a $48500 MSRP. Can this be worked into say $620.00 with zero down for a $51000 MSRP car?

    Depends on how much of the $5000 is going to cap cost reduction. Every $1000 translates into about $28/mo on the payment, so if the entire $5K is used, that equates to an additional $140/mo. $0 down then works out to over $700 month.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    samny1 said:

    Hi,

    I was wondering if you knew the MF and RV on a 2015 ML350 4matic for 15K and 36 months in NY?


    I received a quote from a dealer on a loaner with about 5500 miles on it. It has Premium 1 package, nav, rear view camera, XM radio

    MSRP: 57050
    Selling Price: 49295
    MF: 0.00101
    RV: 53%
    Taxes: 2047.20 (rolled into lease)

    1993.54 up front (1142 for acq/doc/ins/[non-permissible content removed])

    659 a month for 36 months at 15K


    Is that a good deal?


    Thanks in advance,

    SM

    With your numbers, I'm getting $609.73/mo pre-tax, so $659 seems about right, depending on your tax rate.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Looking at this deal in CA.
    Msrp $57880
    Sales price $49999
    3k down
    545/ mo before tax
    10k/36 mo
    Is this a good deal or should I push for better terms?
  • Sorry ml350 rwd
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    badh20419 said:

    Looking at this deal in CA.
    Msrp $57880
    Sales price $49999
    3k down
    545/ mo before tax
    10k/36 mo
    Is this a good deal or should I push for better terms?

    badh20419 said:

    Sorry ml350 rwd

    The MB numbers expired on 12/31. We're hoping to see the new numbers sometime this week.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • samny1samny1 Posts: 115
    Michaell said:
    Hi, I was wondering if you knew the MF and RV on a 2015 ML350 4matic for 15K and 36 months in NY? I received a quote from a dealer on a loaner with about 5500 miles on it. It has Premium 1 package, nav, rear view camera, XM radio MSRP: 57050 Selling Price: 49295 MF: 0.00101 RV: 53% Taxes: 2047.20 (rolled into lease) 1993.54 up front (1142 for acq/doc/ins/[non-permissible content removed]) 659 a month for 36 months at 15K Is that a good deal? Thanks in advance, SM
    With your numbers, I'm getting $609.73/mo pre-tax, so $659 seems about right, depending on your tax rate.
    Thank you Michaell.  Do the MF and RV look right?  

    SM
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    samny1 said:


    Michaell said:

    Hi,

    I was wondering if you knew the MF and RV on a 2015 ML350 4matic for 15K and 36 months in NY?


    I received a quote from a dealer on a loaner with about 5500 miles on it. It has Premium 1 package, nav, rear view camera, XM radio

    MSRP: 57050
    Selling Price: 49295
    MF: 0.00101
    RV: 53%
    Taxes: 2047.20 (rolled into lease)

    1993.54 up front (1142 for acq/doc/ins/[non-permissible content removed])

    659 a month for 36 months at 15K


    Is that a good deal?


    Thanks in advance,

    SM
    With your numbers, I'm getting $609.73/mo pre-tax, so $659 seems about right, depending on your tax rate.

    Thank you Michaell.  Do the MF and RV look right?  

    SM

    I can't help you .. the MB numbers I have expired on 12/31/14 and I haven't seen the January numbers yet.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • steverstever Posts: 52,457
    If you got a great lease deal in 2014, a reporter wants to talk with you. Please email [email protected] no later than Wednesday, January 7, 2015, and include your daytime contact info and the make and model you leased.
  • Working on a 2015 ML350. Any incentives in January? What is the current residual and money factor for a 36/10k? I'm still not decided between the ML or an X5 with: (.00130, 57% for a 36/10k)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 176,226

    Working on a 2015 ML350. Any incentives in January? What is the current residual and money factor for a 36/10k? I'm still not decided between the ML or an X5 with: (.00130, 57% for a 36/10k)


    .00137 MF and 56%

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • California

    ML350 - 12,000 Miles, 3 years
    MSRP - $54,625
    Sell Price - $52,286
    Residual - 55%
    MF - 0.00157
    Bank Fee - $1095
    Doc Fee - $80
    License and Registration - $466.60

    Payment $769 + Tax = $831

    This seems extremely high for a $55k car. Anyone get new numbers for 2015?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 176,226

    California

    ML350 - 12,000 Miles, 3 years
    MSRP - $54,625
    Sell Price - $52,286
    Residual - 55%
    MF - 0.00157
    Bank Fee - $1095
    Doc Fee - $80
    License and Registration - $466.60

    Payment $769 + Tax = $831

    This seems extremely high for a $55k car. Anyone get new numbers for 2015?


    Bank fee is marked up from the base $795 and the MF is marked up from .00137 base..

    ...and, not much of a discount, either...

    It's not a great lease program... it's never going to be a good "lease value" without a big, big discount from MSRP.. this dealer marking up the lease numbers is not helping..

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kyfdx said:

    California

    ML350 - 12,000 Miles, 3 years
    MSRP - $54,625
    Sell Price - $52,286
    Residual - 55%
    MF - 0.00157
    Bank Fee - $1095
    Doc Fee - $80
    License and Registration - $466.60

    Payment $769 + Tax = $831

    This seems extremely high for a $55k car. Anyone get new numbers for 2015?


    Bank fee is marked up from the base $795 and the MF is marked up from .00137 base..

    ...and, not much of a discount, either...

    It's not a great lease program... it's never going to be a good "lease value" without a big, big discount from MSRP.. this dealer marking up the lease numbers is not helping..
    Thought so.

    Does anyone have any recommendations with dealerships in So Cal? I've had completely horrible experiences with almost all of the MB dealerships around here.

    Fletcher Jones refuses to even give me numbers without me coming in and giving me credit score (they can f off)

    House of Imports has horrible service.

    Foothill so far has good service but bad numbers.
  • Would you guys have the January or February 36mo 12k MF and residual for the ML550?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674

    Would you guys have the January or February 36mo 12k MF and residual for the ML550?

    2014 ML550 - standard MF (.00180 - .00220) and 43% (ouch)

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Do you have any recommendations on a performance SUV with a descent residual. Even BMW seems way bellow their average residual over the last 42 months right now on the X5 50i. Maybe Jeep will negotiate the most on selling price. I don't know where Porsche and Range Rover stand, but they've never been competitive historically on cash discounts or leasing.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674

    Do you have any recommendations on a performance SUV with a descent residual. Even BMW seems way bellow their average residual over the last 42 months right now on the X5 50i. Maybe Jeep will negotiate the most on selling price. I don't know where Porsche and Range Rover stand, but they've never been competitive historically on cash discounts or leasing.

    I don't think most folks shopping for a "performance SUV" are terribly price sensitive. MB and BMW have historically had the best programs. Range Rover and Porsche have high money factors, and Audi doesn't inflate their residuals all that much.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Agreed, but it's never enjoyable when your payment goes from $800 to $1150 for the same car in 36 months! I guess if you don't have the starting reference you'd care less.
  • ortegaortega NJPosts: 98
    When available, please post the February MF and residual for 2015 ML350, 36mos/15k. I'm in NJ. Thanks in advance!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    ortega said:

    When available, please post the February MF and residual for 2015 ML350, 36mos/15k. I'm in NJ. Thanks in advance!

    The February numbers won't be released until next week. Current numbers run through 2/2/15.

    .00135 MF (4Matic) and 53% for 36/15.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Pls help. Looking to lease a 2015 ml 4 matic msrp 61,810 selling price $56,230. Dealer is calculating and giving a $861 lease payment for 51 months. Does this sound right? I'm in the state of Illinois. 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 176,226
    aakhtar said:

    Pls help. Looking to lease a 2015 ml 4 matic msrp 61,810 selling price $56,230. Dealer is calculating and giving a $861 lease payment for 51 months. Does this sound right? I'm in the state of Illinois. 


    I don't have any numbers for 51 month leases... I wouldn't recommend leasing a car for that long for a lot of reasons..

    And, frankly, that sounds like a terrible deal.. If it was a sign and drive lease for 36 months, then I could possibly see it...

    At that price, I'd just buy it and have $1100 payments for 60 months, and actually own the vehicle.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • You make sense for sure. Thanks for the response. What are the number for 15k miles 36 month lease? 0$ deposit, just first month payment (this is what they're offering) 
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    aakhtar said:

    You make sense for sure. Thanks for the response. What are the number for 15k miles 36 month lease? 0$ deposit, just first month payment (this is what they're offering) 

    .00135 and 53%

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • So I got a breakdown of the number from the dealer. And he gave me this. 

    37% Residual ($22,867.85)
    0.00141 MF 
    this is for the 15k miles I think it's horrible 
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    aakhtar said:

    So I got a breakdown of the number from the dealer. And he gave me this. 

    37% Residual ($22,867.85)
    0.00141 MF 
    this is for the 15k miles I think it's horrible 
    Was that for the 51 month lease? I agree those are bad numbers.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Yeah for the 51 month. for the 48 month dealer is saying $971/ month. Terrible offers 
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    aakhtar said:

    Yeah for the 51 month. for the 48 month dealer is saying $971/ month. Terrible offers 

    Yeah, that is really high. Perhaps it's time to contact a new dealer.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • lorax184lorax184 Posts: 1
    ML250 Do you have current 24/10 and 36/10 and 36/12 residual and MF for 2015 ML 250 WITH autopay?
    thanks,
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    lorax184 said:

    ML250 Do you have current 24/10 and 36/10 and 36/12 residual and MF for 2015 ML 250 WITH autopay?
    thanks,

    Bluetec? Standard MF of around .00200 before autopay, and 68% / 60% / 59% for 24/10, 36/10 and 36/12 residual.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • jjg5504jjg5504 Posts: 28
    Do you have MF and residual of 2015 ml350 4 matic? in PA
  • jjg5504jjg5504 Posts: 28
    Sorry, 36 months 12k miles
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    jjg5504 said:

    Do you have MF and residual of 2015 ml350 4 matic? in PA

    jjg5504 said:

    Sorry, 36 months 12k miles

    .00111 and 55%

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • jerryhzejerryhze Posts: 14
    Hello, could you please check the MF and residual for a 2015 ML400 4matic? 36 months, 10k miles/yr
  • jerryhzejerryhze Posts: 14
    Thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    jerryhze said:

    Hello, could you please check the MF and residual for a 2015 ML400 4matic? 36 months, 10k miles/yr

    56% residual and standard MF (.00200 or so) on the ML400, 36/10

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • jerryhzejerryhze Posts: 14
    Michaell said:

    jerryhze said:

    Hello, could you please check the MF and residual for a 2015 ML400 4matic? 36 months, 10k miles/yr

    56% residual and standard MF (.00200 or so) on the ML400, 36/10
    Thank you that was quick! Do you know why ML400 has a higher MF compared to say ML350?

  • jerryhzejerryhze Posts: 14
    And for the auto pay, how much does it reduce the MF? Is there any other way to reduce MF further?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    jerryhze said:

    Michaell said:

    jerryhze said:

    Hello, could you please check the MF and residual for a 2015 ML400 4matic? 36 months, 10k miles/yr

    56% residual and standard MF (.00200 or so) on the ML400, 36/10
    Thank you that was quick! Do you know why ML400 has a higher MF compared to say ML350?

    Not as much supply is probably why the MF is higher.
    jerryhze said:

    And for the auto pay, how much does it reduce the MF? Is there any other way to reduce MF further?

    Autopay reduces the MF by .0001.

    MF quoted are the base rates; dealer cannot reduce them any further. MSD not available on subvented rates, but can be used on the standard MF for the ML400

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • jerryhzejerryhze Posts: 14
    I was quoted a MF of 0.0022. Is it standard?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 176,226
    jerryhze said:

    I was quoted a MF of 0.0022. Is it standard?


    We've seen the "standard" money factor quoted as anywhere from .0018 to .00225.

    So, could they be marking it up a little at .0022? It's possible, but we can't say for sure.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kms2014kms2014 Posts: 7
    Hi there-

    I am looking for updated money factor and residual factor for a 2015 ML 350. can you please provide 3 year/12k miles as well as 3 year.15k miles. Thanks! In Colorado by the way
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 176,226
    kms2014 said:

    Hi there-

    I am looking for updated money factor and residual factor for a 2015 ML 350. can you please provide 3 year/12k miles as well as 3 year.15k miles. Thanks! In Colorado by the way

    .00111 MF and 55%/53% residual

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • Hello,

    Looking for MF and residual for ML 350. 36/12000 in Texas.

    Also does it change for 4-Matic or BluTech?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 176,226

    Hello,

    Looking for MF and residual for ML 350. 36/12000 in Texas.

    Also does it change for 4-Matic or BluTech?


    .00111 MF and 55% residual for RWD or AWD.

    BTC: Standard money factor and 59% residual

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kyfdx - where do you get these values from?

    Can you confirm from the above:
    36mo/15k
    ML350 .0111MF 53%Residual

    What have people been getting monthly for no money down 36mo/15k miles on the ML350?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 176,226

    kyfdx - where do you get these values from?

    Can you confirm from the above:
    36mo/15k
    ML350 .0111MF 53%Residual

    What have people been getting monthly for no money down 36mo/15k miles on the ML350?


    Yes.. I can confirm those numbers..

    Hard to say where we get the numbers.... either Google or a little birdy told me.. :p

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

Sign In or Register to comment.