Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Subaru Forester Lease Questions

Comments

• andyplaceboandyplacebo Member Posts: 5
    Does Subaru do 10k/yr leases? Do they do less than 10k/yr? My question is specifically for the Forester in CA. Thanks.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,102

Does Subaru do 10k/yr leases? Do they do less than 10k/yr? My question is specifically for the Forester in CA. Thanks.

Subaru offers 10K leases, but nothing with fewer miles than that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Can you tell me the residual/MF for a 10k/yr lease on the following for CA:
    2.5i (Base) w/CVT?
    2.5i Premium w/CVT?
    2.5i Limited?
    Thanks!

2.5i (Base) w/CVT?
    2.5i Premium w/CVT?
    2.5i Limited?
    Thanks!

What lease term?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Sorry, forgot - 36 months, please. Thanks.

2.5i (Base) w/CVT?
    2.5i Premium w/CVT?
    2.5i Limited?
    Thanks!

Sorry, forgot - 36 months, please. Thanks.

Base - 67% and .00170
    Premium - 64% and .00110
    Limited - 62% and .00090

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tomcwelltomcwell Member Posts: 4
    Can you tell me the money factor and residual for a 2.5i touring for 36 months/ 12k miles?
    In ohio if that matters.

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    tomcwell said:

Can you tell me the money factor and residual for a 2.5i touring for 36 months/ 12k miles?
    In ohio if that matters.

Thanks!

.00090 MF and 60% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bshaffe3bshaffe3 Member Posts: 4
    Does geographic region matter for lease numbers? I am looking at a 2.5i Premium w/All-Weather for 36 months / 10k miles in West Virginia.
    edited April 2016
    bshaffe3 said:

Does geographic region matter for lease numbers? I am looking at a 2.5i Premium w/All-Weather for 36 months / 10k miles in West Virginia.

Except possibly for some of New England, Subaru numbers are national.

.00110 MF and 64% residual, assuming automatic.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• camella1camella1 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2016
    Can you please provide RV and MF for Forester in May.
    12K/ year. 36 month lease.
    Eastern PA
    thanks!
  • kevandashkevandash Member Posts: 2
    Could I please have the MF and residual numbers for a Forester XT Premium trim for May?
    36/15k and 36/12k

Thanks!
    camella1 said:

Eastern PA
    thanks!

Which trim?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kevandash said:

Could I please have the MF and residual numbers for a Forester XT Premium trim for May?
    36/15k and 36/12k

Thanks!

.00085 MF and 60%/62% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

sorry I forgot to say . Premium.
    XT premium
    camella1 said:

Eastern PA
    thanks!

camella1 said:

XT premium

62% and .00085

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cocomo76cocomo76 Member Posts: 14
    May I please have the May mf and residual for forrester 2.5iTouring, 36/12, SoCal. Thank you! You guys are really so helpful. Much appreciated. :)
    cocomo76 said:

May I please have the May mf and residual for forrester 2.5iTouring, 36/12, SoCal. Thank you! You guys are really so helpful. Much appreciated. :)

59% and .00075

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Can you tell me the May residual/MF for a 36mo/10k lease on the following in CA?

2.5i (Base) w/CVT?

Thanks!

Can you tell me the May residual/MF for a 36mo/10k lease on the following in CA?

2.5i (Base) w/CVT?

Thanks!

65% and .00135

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• weswazweswaz Member Posts: 23
    Please... Looking for May residual/MF for 2.5i Premium and Limited, w/ CVT, 36/15. Phoenix AZ.
    weswaz said:

Please... Looking for May residual/MF for 2.5i Premium and Limited, w/ CVT, 36/15. Phoenix AZ.

Premium - 60% and .00090
    Limited - 58% and .00070

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bergstiefelbergstiefel Member Posts: 11
    Could I please get the money factor and residual for a 12,00 mile, 24-month lease on a base, manual transmission Forester in Vermont? If Subaru does not offer a 24-month lease, then the same information for a 12,000 mile, 36-month lease would work. Thank you.

Could I please get the money factor and residual for a 12,00 mile, 24-month lease on a base, manual transmission Forester in Vermont? If Subaru does not offer a 24-month lease, then the same information for a 12,000 mile, 36-month lease would work. Thank you.

Subaru offers a 24 month lease, but the terms are really awful.

36 months is the sweet spot for Subaru - 63% and .00120 for 36/12

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    A reporter is looking to speak with car shoppers who recently purchased a truck or SUV instead of a coupe or sedan because they were influenced (at least in part) by today's low gas prices. If this sounds like your experience and you're willing to help, please contact pr@edmunds.com by no later than May 24, 2016.
    I'm on my third Forester 2.5i Premium lease. With the previous two leases, with six months left to go on the lease I was able to trade it in with equity on the car. For whatever reason, that's not the case this time. It seems I'm about $1400 upside down. If I'm planning on leasing another Subaru, should I expect the finance company willing to do anything on the remaining months due?
    weswaz said:

I'm on my third Forester 2.5i Premium lease. With the previous two leases, with six months left to go on the lease I was able to trade it in with equity on the car. For whatever reason, that's not the case this time. It seems I'm about $1400 upside down. If I'm planning on leasing another Subaru, should I expect the finance company willing to do anything on the remaining months due?

You signed the contract, you owe the money! :sunglasses:

Perhaps Subaru decided to start inflating the residuals to make for better lease payments, but unfortunately makes it less likely to get out early right side up.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

weswaz said:

Why not just wait until lease end?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ursusursus Member Posts: 128
    weswaz said:

You have a 2013 MY and it's very different from 2016, so that may also affect your ability to get any equity.
    Mine is actually 2014 (new style).  I just think they aren't holding the value they once did. Too many on the roads now. I was more curious if Subaru or Chase would forgive any portion of the remaining lease to get me into another one?
  • ursusursus Member Posts: 128
    I actually got ~62% on the dealer trade-in for my 4 years old 2012 Forester in December. But it was a low mileage car (about 35K miles). Foresters still hold their value pretty well. Since you are way upside down, I'd wait and get the 2017. They put nice updates in there:
    "For 2017, Forester received an update to Subaru’s highly-rated EyeSight® Driver Assist Technology, incorporating color cameras that provide a wider, longer field of vision. The revised system also includes Lane Keep Assist, which can gently guide the vehicle back to the center of its lane if sway is detected. All Forester Limited and Touring models now include Blind Spot Detection and Rear Cross Traffic Alert, which warn of potential danger from a vehicle entering the driver’s blind spot or approaching from either side when backing up. Premium models equipped with EyeSight also get Blind Spot Detection and Rear Cross Traffic Alert."
    Ursus... Thanks. Your comment got me thinking. The payoff quote wasn't making sense. The Chase purchase quote included tax which is something new to me since moving to AZ. Now I'm sitting pretty good. $200 equity with six months to go on the lease.
  • calmark999calmark999 Member Posts: 27
    kyfdx said:

weswaz said:

Why not just wait until lease end?

Because that would involve discipline and restraint, most likely.

• kevincorona12kevincorona12 Member Posts: 2
    Could i please get the residual/MF for a 12k/yr lease/36 months on the following for CA for May:

2.5i Premium w/CVT?
    2.5i Limited?

Thank you for your help!

Could i please get the residual/MF for a 12k/yr lease/36 months on the following for CA for May:

2.5i Premium w/CVT?
    2.5i Limited?

Thank you for your help!

.00090 MF and 62% residual
    .00070 MF and 60% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ctbaruuctbaruu Member Posts: 2
    Good morning, looking for residual/MF for 12k/ 36 in Connecticut on Premium Forester AWD
    ctbaruu said:

Good morning, looking for residual/MF for 12k/ 36 in Connecticut on Premium Forester AWD

62% and .00090

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• banhbao916banhbao916 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, could you give me the figure for 2016 Forester XT Premium and Touring for California?

Thanks!

Hi, could you give me the figure for 2016 Forester XT Premium and Touring for California?

Thanks!

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• maineguy1maineguy1 Member Posts: 7
    Hello Lease Guys,

Thanks for this great service. Can i get some lease numbers for the 2016 Forester Base with CVT for the State of Maine. I'm interested in the lease residual and money factor

Looking for 12K/36 and the 10K/42

Thanks so much,

Ryan
    maineguy1 said:

Hello Lease Guys,

Thanks for this great service. Can i get some lease numbers for the 2016 Forester Base with CVT for the State of Maine. I'm interested in the lease residual and money factor

Looking for 12K/36 and the 10K/42

Thanks so much,

Ryan

36/12 - 64% and .00135
    42/12 - 58% and .00075

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

THANK YOu so much. when you put 58% and .00075 was that for 42/12 or for 42/10. The Maine local ads have been promoting 42 months at 30K miles.
    meant to say 35K miles not 30K miles
    maineguy1 said:

THANK YOu so much. when you put 58% and .00075 was that for 42/12 or for 42/10. The Maine local ads have been promoting 42 months at 30K miles.

58% was for 42/12. Add 1% for 10K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ipedalfasteripedalfaster Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2016
    Hi, I am looking for the numbers on both a 2016 and 2017 XT Touring in Maine please.
    Thank you!
    -Barry

Hi, I am looking for the numbers on both a 2016 and 2017 XT Touring in Maine please.
    Thank you!
    -Barry

We have SMF lease numbers. No guarantee that your dealer uses that program in the Northeast (but, they might).

36/15

2016: .00050 MF and 55% residual
    2017: No numbers available for the 2017 Forester.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• pitts210pitts210 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2016
    Hi, can you please tell me the numbers for the following two models for 36/10K lease in Washington (state)?

2.5i w/CVT
    2.5i Premium w/CVT

Thanks in advance.
    pitts210 said:

Hi, can you please tell me the numbers for the following two models for 36/10K lease in Washington (state)?

2.5i w/CVT
    2.5i Premium w/CVT

Thanks in advance.

.00135 MF and 65% residual.
    .00090 MF and 63% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator