Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 239,519
    Looks great from the outside; it's the inside that is disappointing, in my mind.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,072
    Maybe the only one in red?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    fintail said:

Maybe the only one in red?

Yeah surprising. You could fit an 8 foot ladder in that thing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,122
    Actually I see a good number. I recall seeing two today.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• jpp75jpp75 Member Posts: 1,535
    Michaell said:

Looks great from the outside; it's the inside that is disappointing, in my mind.

I still remember the one we sat in the auto show, the interior was so disappointing compared to the exterior. GM really needs to step it up with their interiors all around.
    edited December 2019
    I think I've seen maybe not many more than two total of the Buick wagon ever. Even more uncommon than an MB wagon, which probably costs on average 2.5x more.

GM once again taking a normal Euro market car and marketing it as near-lux, shades of the Catera (hopefully more reliable).
    fintail said:

I think I've seen maybe not many more than two total of the Buick wagon ever. Even more uncommon than an MB wagon, which probably costs on average 2.5x more.

GM once again taking a normal Euro market car and marketing it as near-lux, shades of the Catera (hopefully more reliable).

Isn't 2020 the last year for the Regal? I know Opel is part of PSA now, and they are joining up with FCA, likely next year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

That's right, and I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true for the Holden/Opel/Vauxhall badged versions. China apparently might keep it, however. The PSA thing is pretty weird, unlikely partners, not sure if I see the "synergy", as drones would say.
    Michaell said:

Isn't 2020 the last year for the Regal? I know Opel is part of PSA now, and they are joining up with FCA, likely next year.

fintail said:

That's right, and I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true for the Holden/Opel/Vauxhall badged versions. China apparently might keep it, however. The PSA thing is pretty weird, unlikely partners, not sure if I see the "synergy", as drones would say.

Michaell said:

It is true. Read somewhere about the demise of the Commodore nameplate down under.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Spotted another Regal TourX, yesterday. They don't stick out so much in gray..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Saw a 6er GT in traffic yesterday, so they sold one!
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,582
    I found myself driving over one of our mountain passes in the X, along with an Urus and a Cayenne Turbo. It felt like there should have been some magazine comparison going on or something.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

Sounds like the valet line at Bellevue Square (just need a Bentayga and AMG G) B)
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,674
    Blue Porsche Taycan. On the dealer floor, very sharp. What the Panamera should look like. Locked, no Monroney.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,204
    Yesterday, someone test driving a black Fiata convertible with the top down.
    New record high temp of 68 degrees.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    Two! Jag I-Pace.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

Saw one of the upper-middle Caddy SUV/CUVs that kind of looks like a Volvo XC90.
    Saw a new Escape on the road today. Not as offensive in person as in pics, probably because over time we are being numbed to yet another cloned CUV.
    fintail said:

Saw a new Escape on the road today. Not as offensive in person as in pics, probably because over time we are being numbed to yet another cloned CUV.

I've seen a couple recently, as well. I'll admit it's a nice contrast to the sharp angles of the RAV4.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 18,979
    The nearby Ford dealer had a bunch of 2020 Escapes parked next to a bunch of 2019s. You could tell they were different but I can’t say the new one looked better. Some aspects were, some weren’t.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,382
    I saw an Escape tonight too. I think I actually prefer the RAV4 this generation. Mainly because I prefer a CUV to be a little boxy, for better space utilization in the cargo area.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Faux floating C-pillar on the RAV4 triggers me, and not in a good way. The Toyota corporate face does it no favors, either. Maybe not a surprise, I prefer the first gen, back when cars could be cheeky and fun.
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,817
    Now that I have to look at a RAV all the time in front of my houses (Mom’s) it’s really not that offensive. It’s also light years ahead of the previous one in terms of the ride and drive.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

And looks. I might take a drive in a hybrid version if the wife likes it at the car show. Too bad they get crazy expensive for a nicely equipped one. Also looking at crv hybrid when they come out. But also pricey.

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,669
    I’m also considering the RAV4 hybrid. I worry about Honda’s bad record with hybrids.
    CRV aint pretty, but I think I would prefer it. That C-pillar is just so dumb, I wouldn't be able to stop looking at it, and would probably paint it body color myself. Fortunately, I am not a bloggermom with sensible vehicle size tastes/retired 70 year old teacher/dad who has completely lost his freedom, so one isn't on my radar :)
    Saw a black Rolls-Royce Cullinan today - what would Marie Antoinette drive? If the guillotines are (finally) ever dusted off, those things will be like a beacon.
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,920
    fintail said:

CRV aint pretty, but I think I would prefer it. That C-pillar is just so dumb, I wouldn't be able to stop looking at it, and would probably paint it body color myself. Fortunately, I am not a bloggermom with sensible vehicle size tastes/retired 70 year old teacher/dad who has completely lost his freedom, so one isn't on my radar :)

As much as the CRV is not a looker, it has great space management for its size and is comfortable and drives well. They have solid resale as well.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

The CRV’s turbo engine woes would concern me. Many older models up here suffered from premature rust out so badly that Honda had to buy them back. So who knows...

I was monitoring the gas in oil issue but not seen anything lately. So hopefully resolved, and pretty isolated anyway. I am curious about the differences for the hybrid too. But definitely something to consider. Not an issue really if we lease though!

I think it is pretty good looking, for what it is, and really like the interior. Nice seats, plenty of features, and good cargo room. Just have to see how it drives!

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,863
    fintail said:

Saw a black Rolls-Royce Cullinan today - what would Marie Antoinette drive? If the guillotines are (finally) ever dusted off, those things will be like a beacon.

I like the sound of guillotine for a car name. LOL.
    Introducing the Lincoln Guillotine. Always ahead of its competition.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

ab348 said:

The CRV’s turbo engine woes would concern me. Many older models up here suffered from premature rust out so badly that Honda had to buy them back. So who knows...

I hear you. Rust and turbo woes I think are more of a northern cold climate issue. Rarely do we see rust in this area unless the vehicle is not local. Sun damage to paint and interior is more common. Often a one or two year old CRV isn’t much cheaper than buying new.

it has been a long time since worrying about rust was even on my new car consideration checklist. Just doesn't exist any more.

stickguy said:

it has been a long time since worrying about rust was even on my new car consideration checklist. Just doesn't exist any more.

Clearly not the case in climates that use road salt, for certain makes.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,122
    edited January 2020
    qbrozen said:

I like the sound of guillotine for a car name. LOL.
    Introducing the Lincoln Guillotine.

Always ahead of its competition.

Or "the cutting edge" of auto luxury.
    "Slicing to the top of its class."

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

6er GT in white and a new style G-Wagen in white, I think it was a G63 (from a distance), seems harder than ever to find a non-bling G.
    edited January 2020
    As I am about to mark 10 months in the wagon, it finally happened - a near twin parked near me:

Not identical, as it is an E400 with sport trim, but similar enough. No shock, this was at Whole Foods (where I wanted to buy a $4 container of cheese I can't find elsewhere - and they were out, because of course). I see ab348 was there too.

fintail said:

As I am about to mark 10 months in the wagon, it finally happened - a near twin parked near me:

Not identical, as it is an E400 with sport trim, but similar enough. No shock, this was at Whole Foods (where I wanted to buy a $4 container of cheese I can't find elsewhere - and they were out, because of course). I see ab348 was there too.

I’ve yet to see an identical white S60 to mine. I did see a burgundy Momentum trim a few days ago.

I have yet to see my twin either - the wheels on my car will make that fairly difficult as they were an extra cost option that doesn't seem to be the most popular (but I like the design a lot, suits the car). I recall going through nationwide inventory when I got the car, and didn't find anything completely identical when it comes to interior trim and options.
    tjc78 said:

I’ve yet to see an identical white S60 to mine. I did see a burgundy Momentum trim a few days ago.

When I was shopping there weren't many white on white Inscriptions. Not a high take rate I'm sure.

Love the wheels on your wagon. Similar to my car.

Your car is in a great color combo, I wish the white/porcelain colors on MB were more common - I love the brown in mine, but white on white would have been pretty awesome, too.

Those wheels are also nice, a pretty design without the false pretense of sport. I don't want an aggressive design, I don't need to pretend to be exciting.
    tjc78 said:

When I was shopping there weren't many white on white Inscriptions. Not a high take rate I'm sure.

Love the wheels on your wagon. Similar to my car.

fintail said:

fintail said:

If I was a betting man, yours is the clean one at the far left.

Yep. The wheels on my car are only available on "luxury" trim cars, which might be 1:10 of the production mix, if that.
    sda said:

If I was a betting man, yours is the clean one at the far left.

Saw a new style G-Wagen in white, just after a final run style G also in white with the rare "night package" (black trim on fenders and roof). Both AMG of course, so hard to find a non-AMG model.
    Bentley Bentayga

Meh..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yes, I've seen a few of the Bentayga, totally meh-worthy. I'd go Urus... Or, DBX when available. Of course, Powerball win first.

Went to Whole Foods again in search of a $4 piece of cheese never in stock, and saw 2x E wagons - one was the same I posted before, and also a dark blue one with ID plates. I suppose the car fits the store. Not new, but also saw an Eclipse Cross on the road, not a rental! Could have been an ex rental, or someone actually bought a new one.
    Saw a Caddy XT5 "400", apparently they are badging for torque now.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,204
    400 is a torque measurement, but not FT/LBS.
    Maybe newton meters?
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    I believe it is n/m, yes. First time I have noticed the badge.