Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

1328329330331332334»

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 152,919
    My neighbor still has the Venza they bought new... Maybe 10 years old?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 146,566
    When we bought the Outback in 2015, we briefly toyed with the idea of getting a Venza. The Toyota and Subaru dealers were next to each other, so on the way to test drive the OB, we swung through the Toyota dealer for a look. Drove past one - the wife took one look at it and said "nope".

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 12,616
    That might be the first Subaru ever sold on the basis of styling. :laughing:

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

• fintailfintail Posts: 50,390
    I always called the Venza a Camry wagon - it wasn't bad looking at all. New one is kind of derpy, as one expects from the brand these days. Gotta have that C-pillar beltline upkick for "character", "dynamism" and to reduce visibility for a driver demographic who needs all the help they can get.

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 146,566
    ab348 said:

That might be the first Subaru ever sold on the basis of styling. :laughing:

If it hadn't priced out at $10k more, we both liked the Volvo XC70.

The Outback has aged well, in my eyes. The new iteration isn't all that different looking.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

I saw a copy of the 2021 E-class dealer ordering guide - the "luxury" trim package (traditional grille, hood star) is being dropped for the facelift. Maybe this car will be the one I buy - I greatly enjoy the hood ornament.
  • andres3andres3 Southern CAPosts: 11,568
    fintail said:

I saw a copy of the 2021 E-class dealer ordering guide - the "luxury" trim package (traditional grille, hood star) is being dropped for the facelift. Maybe this car will be the one I buy - I greatly enjoy the hood ornament.

I noticed what seemed like a Saab/MB/Audi junk yard car lot in Borrego Springs desert and unforgiving sun. A few of the MB's were thought worthy of a car cover, but the sun beats down on everything, and that hood ornament is usually the first breaking point in a car cover, and most of them were sticking out as it creates a stress/tension point in the car cover, which is where it'll fail first under the hot sun.
    '16 Audi TTS quattro 2.0T, '15 Audi A4 quattro 2.0T, '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion AWD 2.0T
    On that note, I cover my old car, and remove the hood ornament before covering it. Not to preserve the cover (which isn't very tight), but to preserve the hood ornament spring - I've had a floppy hood ornament before, it is irritating, and somehow I remember it being a pain to replace.
    andres3 said:

I noticed what seemed like a Saab/MB/Audi junk yard car lot in Borrego Springs desert and unforgiving sun. A few of the MB's were thought worthy of a car cover, but the sun beats down on everything, and that hood ornament is usually the first breaking point in a car cover, and most of them were sticking out as it creates a stress/tension point in the car cover, which is where it'll fail first under the hot sun.