Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 18,979
    edited April 2020
    Was out just now picking up an online grocery order I made a week ago (almost like Christmas since you forget what you're getting!). Since the dealers are closed I stopped by a couple on my way home to look up-close at what I had only seen driving around until now.

There is a massive and posh brand-new VW facility here that just opened a little while ago, relocating from their former little steel building that dated from the 1960s. They have a lot more room to store inventory too. I wanted to look at the new Atlas Cross Sport. The regular Atlas never did much for me but these appeal to me a bit more. They had several in inventory but what caught my eye was one with a V6 in metallic red with a tan-and-black interior, very sharp. Seemed pricey to me though at $55K in worthless Canadian dollars. They also had a couple of new Golf R models on the front row, both black unfortunately.

Just next door was the Kia dealer run by the same group and the Seltos was in abundance. That is a really sharp looking little rig. They had one in a metallic green-gold that was a bit garish but sure caught the eye. There was one next to it in a dark metallic blue that I liked as well. Also saw my first Palisade up close and personal, too big for me but very nice.

My last stop was the Toyota dealer where they had exactly one new Corolla hatch. Nice enough inside but I hope they come in different trims than this one. Lots of Corolla sedans on the lot along with a huge fleet of various SUV/CUV models.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,072
    Saw some high zoot newish Charger yesterday - had smoked license plate covers so dark you effectively couldn't see the plate, the worst I've seen. Daddy must be a cop.

Not new, but in my hour of outside time yesterday, I must have seen 10 G-wagens, apparently that group is getting out.
    Saw my first new C8 on the road, white with roof panel removed. Amused me to see a late 70s model shortly after.
    Saw a white Lambo Uterus on the road - not as Marie Antoinette as a Bentayga or Cullinan, but trying. Also a new style G-Wagen, AMG of course.
    Saw a new style Highlander. Puffy, that's a nice way to put it.
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,817
    edited April 2020
    I really don’t get the G wagon. I honestly would rather have a Navigator or Escalade.

The wagon is beautiful

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

The GLS is meant to go against the Slade or Navi. G is in a world of its own, kind of a mixed demographic comprising Kardashian types/Russian mafia/various money laundering or dynastic wealth types.

The wagon appears to be stock/configurator photos so far, but I'll probably stop by and look at it when it arrives, just because it is so similar to mine.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,382
    Don’t forget wealthy athletes. They buy a lot of them

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Those are Kardashian types B)

It seems AMG to non-AMG for late model examples is about a 95:5 - I'd want the non-AMG.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 239,555
    fintail said:

It seems AMG to non-AMG for late model examples is about a 95:5 - I'd want the non-AMG.

G-class - for those who believe a Wrangler is too plebeian.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Michaell said:

fintail said:

G-class - for those who believe a Wrangler is too plebeian.
    Though, someone one the Wrangler lease thread mentioned an Unlimited with a $75k MSRP

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

75K? What?

I'd rather have one G than 2 75K Jeeps.

They both have stupidly high depreciation floors, too. A nice 2002 G with 200K can fetch 25K.
    tjc78 said:

75K? What?

Probably $20K of dealer accessories on it - none of which can be residualized.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    I think you can only hit about $59K on the Wrangler, without dealer installed items.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Gotcha. Forgot about dealer installed stuff.

edited April 2020
    Lift kit, big wheels and tires, LED lighting, bullbar, winch, scotchguard, undercoating, ceramic paint treatment, chip protectant, window tinting, VIN etching, clip on plastic angry eyes to intimidate everyone in your cardboard 'n plywood subdivision or in the office campus parking garage where such things are most at home, it probably adds up.
    Finally got my C&D with the E450 wagon long term wrap-up. Man, it almost read like a paid advertisement, they loved that thing. Makes me feel a little better about the monkey on my back. I am also suspect of the resale claim - I can't find a year old absolutely loaded one like that for anywhere near the claimed value. Even base ones are a bit pricier.
    Can you find one with 40,000 miles on it?

edited April 2020
    Nope. But the claimed resale is 20K++ from what one could find a similarly equipped car. Those must be some expensive miles.

I suspect the depreciation algorithm is using a higher rate based on the prior gen E-class facing faster depreciation due to being a discontinued model.
    I have no idea what they are using for that. KBB trade? WAG?

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,674
    During todays run, an orange McLaren. Not sure model of how new. But, surprisingly, it was faster than me. Probably more reliable, too.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

ALG. Now that I think of it, I suspect maybe the option load isn't taken into account - I could see a more basic car with a value of their claimed 48K at those miles. But at such a young age, things like Designo, air suspension, driver's assist etc still add value.

During todays run, an orange McLaren. Not sure model of how new. But, surprisingly, it was faster than me. Probably more reliable, too.

Speaking of McLarens, here is a reminder that they do not mix well with deep standing water:

Allegedly, leaked pics of the 2021 M-B S-class via @earlsimxx on Twitter:

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Looks like an Avalon interior!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,959
    Where did they take those pictures...in a garbage dump?

That interior had great potential if they made the media system run flat across that flat wide area instead of a pop up screen behind the speedometer and one protruding from the console. Could have been the best interior design ever.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    edited May 2020
    Too much shiny finish and what's that bin behind the driver's side windshield? But, I kind of like it although I have an Avalon :p .

Looks like an Avalon interior!

I think it looks like a Toyota from the rear.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Me no likey that steering wheel. I wonder if the gauge screen will eventually change into something else, looks kind of temporary, like something is being tested or maybe even there to fool spy shot photographers.

Facelift E also has a rear light treatment that seems Asian brand-inspired to my eyes, kind of Infiniti or Hyunkia-ish. It also gets the same headlight style as the A-class. I prefer the pre-facelift.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,863

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Here's what they've done to the E:

Not a fan.

This comes to mind first:

And this:

Nose looks like a genesis. Tail looks like an Accord, and genetic Asian design. Interior, just looks bad. Like parts falling off. Too much screen action.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,204
    It looks like the instrument cluster in front of the driver popped out.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    This makes me think the wagon might be the one I buy, or maybe I'll buy an older model at lease end. Some of these styling elements do not please me, where to me the wagon is pretty much "just right", and I still like W212s as well. W222 S-class has also aged extremely well.
    fintail said:

Fixed it for you.

driver100 said:

Where did they take those pictures...in a garbage dump?

According to the Twitter post, this was a preproduction test model and could not be sold so they always break them up for parts when they are done with them.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,122
    ab348 said:

Does that trunk have a symbol that has a Lexus "L" on it?

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Good eye, imid, that appears to be the case. Good way to disguise your prototype/test mule - give it another badge.

Speaking of prototypes, I spotted this on the road in Stuttgart in 2015 - current E-class:

ab348 said:

fintail said:

Fixed it for you.
    Fixed my fix.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,122
    I know I'm not the target audience, but there's nothing about that rear that says, "Mercedes Benz" to my eye.

The prototype in the decomposition yard said "Kia " to me.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Did my 2021 E rear end pic not work? Guess one needs to save 'n upload to be safe.

I think MB is losing some design identity. What really irks me about the E facelift is that the E loses a unique headlight design, something it retained for decades.
    fintail said:

Did my 2021 E rear end pic not work? Guess one needs to save 'n upload to be safe.

I think MB is losing some design identity. What really irks me about the E facelift is that the E loses a unique headlight design, something it retained for decades.

The picture you posted seemed to be missing some message board hieroglyphics and just showed the word "Image" on here so I added the missing bits. It let me see it here the first time but this morning it was gone again, apparently the victim of a linking ban from the source. So I downloaded it from your link and uploaded it to a photo storage site to post that version here

edited May 2020
    Weird, I had no idea, as it loaded in my browser - must have something to do with being cached in.

Thanks for the fix :)
    ab348 said:

The picture you posted seemed to be missing some message board hieroglyphics and just showed the word "Image" on here so I added the missing bits. It let me see it here the first time but this morning it was gone again, apparently the victim of a linking ban from the source. So I downloaded it from your link and uploaded it to a photo storage site to post that version here

Toyota announced the return of the Venza yesterday after being out of the market since 2015. Slots between the RAV4 and Highlander but seems to be built on the RAV platform. Not as offensive-looking as many new Toyotas.

https://blog.consumerguide.com/first-look-2021-toyota-venza/

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,863
    ab348 said:

Toyota announced the return of the Venza yesterday after being out of the market since 2015. Slots between the RAV4 and Highlander but seems to be built on the RAV platform. Not as offensive-looking as many new Toyotas.

https://blog.consumerguide.com/first-look-2021-toyota-venza/

I always thought the Toyota Edge... I mean Venza... was a good idea. Not sure why it didn’t sell better. Was a great used value for a while there.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

I liked those too. a little goofy looking (lifted and chopped at the same time, like a short person on stilts?) I do recall also it looked a bit off since they were an early adopter of oversized wheels (I think 20's) and that was a weird car to pick.

but, I agree that they needed a "momma bear" option. When we were shopping recently, I did look at Toyota. Wanted to like the RAV, but it was just a little bit too small. and the Highlander had some nice touches, but was definitely too big. So if they can slot in a 5 passenger with a bit more space and comfort, should be popular.

It is actually pretty good looking to me. and this factoid was interesting: Venza will differ from every other U.S.-maker crossover in that it will be available only as a hybrid and only with all-wheel drive.

My Mom had a Venza. Silver over grey. Nicely equipped but 4cyl. It was basically an Avalon station wagon with a mild lift.

She loved it, and her only complaint was poor visibility.

It was as reliable as a Timex never needing a thing.

new one looks like a bit toned down Lexus RX. and 219 HP from the hybrid powertrain with 40 combined MPG. Seems like a winning package to me.