Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    but it is a late harder to text while you are driving.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,175
    EVs will be the nail in the coffin. FWIW it's probably been 20 years since I have been behind the wheel of a manual car, and I have no desire to get one.
  • Options
    it has been too long since I owned one, but I really do want another one before it is too late.

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,928
    edited March 9

I’ve never owned one. I can drive one…. but it’s not pretty. At this point (especially with my taste in cars) that I’ll ever have a stick in my driveway.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,354
    texases said:

A waste of time for a near-extinct technology.

Hey, now! :/

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Not counting my wife's vehicles, I've only owned four cars that were automatic.

'70 Ford Galaxie (owned for 6 months)
    '95 Nissan Pathfinder SE (3 yr lease)
    '02 Honda CR-V (6.5 yrs)
    '13 Audi A3 TDI (5 months)

48 yrs of car ownership, and only 10 yrs of daily driving in an automatic. :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,711

Don’t get me wrong, I drove manuals for the first 30 years and enjoyed it. I just think they’re now a tiny part of the car world, and dropping with every new car announcement.

• Options
    texases said:

Don’t get me wrong, I drove manuals for the first 30 years and enjoyed it. I just think they’re now a tiny part of the car world, and dropping with every new car announcement.

I agree.. just makes me sad

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I've never owned a manual either. If I want to row my own, I will just shift the fintail manually - it has an unusual non-linear shift pattern that kind of feels the part, and you can eke out a little extra speed by being strategic now and then.
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,323
    A Lexus RX500 H. Looked like an RX350.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    I've seen a lot of the new Chevy Trax, maybe a couple of dozen of them.
  • Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,096

I've seen a lot of the new Chevy Trax, maybe a couple of dozen of them.

They are getting very positive reviews, unusual for the automotive media with a Chevy.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    My new favorite reviewers, Andrea and Zack, really liked it:

https://youtu.be/VLq6XuHtHAc?si=eI5BQ9QdwuJpOYXH

• Options
    Saw one recently, talked to the owner, they really liked it. Quite a nicer looking car than the prior version.
  • Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    I park in a handicap spot most days but I have a handicap license plate on my Golf. Have the blue placard for when I go in the Kona or Accent which definitely helps. On Tuesdays at work, if I don't get there by 7:30, a new employee parks in it but first come, first served. It helps to be close to the front door on those days where walking is a real issue which lately is happening more often unfortunately. Figure I'll know when it's time for me to finally stop working...but that time has just not come yet.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Really do like the new Chevy Trax but it's a bit too long for my side of the garage. But will still check one out when the time does come where I am forced to replace the current Golf.

Enterprise gave the kids a fairly new 2024 Kia Soul Friday with just under 6K miles on it. Son said it drives very nicely. It's a really red red color and will be hard to not find anywhere. A bit bland inside for my tastes though & probably something I'd never consider as my d d. But have decided to never say never going forward. Think I'll put off looking till the 2026 models come out. I'll still be just around 80K by then, if that.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    A Rivian SUV just drove down my street, maybe not a big spot if one is in techdorkland etc, but around here it is still pretty unusual (the pickups are becoming common enough to not turn my head much).
  • Options
    First review I’ve seen of the new Ford Ranger. Interesting that it will have the 2.7 turbo EcoBoost as an option. The old Ranger is pretty much invisible locally and hasn’t sold well here. This one may do better. Also coming in a Raptor version.

https://youtu.be/k-AsebgjnWY?si=zb7b-0ahewZE_U6D

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,365
    ab348 said:

First review I’ve seen of the new Ford Ranger. Interesting that it will have the 2.7 turbo EcoBoost as an option. The old Ranger is pretty much invisible locally and hasn’t sold well here. This one may do better. Also coming in a Raptor version.

https://youtu.be/k-AsebgjnWY?si=zb7b-0ahewZE_U6D

I was reading the C&D article on that. Ford seems to be out of the basement in the mid-size pickup wars, with this offering.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    I bookmarked the TFL truck preview to watch later. Maybe I should upsize my Ford. while downsizing mileage.

• Options
    stickguy said:

I bookmarked the TFL truck preview to watch later. Maybe I should upsize my Ford. while downsizing mileage.

The big news is that a 4x8 sheet of whatever will fit between the wheel wells.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    and hang out past the tailgate.

• Options
    stickguy said:

You can’t have it all…

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    stickguy said:

Some people are never satisfied. :o

• Options
    I wonder if it has the adjustable tailgate like the Maverick. You can adjust the tailgate cables to be half length, so the tailgate opens at about 45degrees instead of 90, making the top edge even with the top of the wheelwells, so provides support for you 4x8 sheets.

• Options
    Since 4 ft plywood fits flat between the wheel wells, the half open position wouldn't help.
  • Options
    oh, on the flat part. I thought was on top. Maverick is skinnier so it goes up there.

can still do the half down, to angle it up. less likely to slide out!

• Options

Do we really need three sizes of pickups? The mid size ones are so crazy priced I see no reason not to buy a full sizer. It’s not like they are that much better on gas

• Options

It’s a size thing. I could deal with a ranger most likely but would not want something as big as an F150

You can do it in reverse too. Why get a full size when the bed is only 6” longer than. Mid sized?

• Options
    If you look at what used to be a full-size pickup, let's say a '72 Ford F-100, the new Ranger is actually longer by a little over a foot. The '72 is 3 or 4 inches wider though.

• Options
    Saw a Defender knock-off Santa Fe today
  • Options
    tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,606

@fintail said:
    Saw a Defender knock-off Santa Fe today

They must be selling well because I feel like I’ve seen a ton of them in the past few weeks.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Options
    This guy is pretty funny. He's at a Lada dealership in Russia.
    If you watch the first 8 minutes or so, you should laugh a bit.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syyxu4M6j2Q
  • Options
    edited March 22
    Crazy, YT suggested that one for me a few days ago. We must be in a similar algorithm. He has some other fun car videos too. He's apparently a big fan of American cars, and had an Escalade that he loved.

This guy is pretty funny. He's at a Lada dealership in Russia.
    If you watch the first 8 minutes or so, you should laugh a bit.

• Options
    ANother good video was when he went to the dealer selling all the stolen american trucks and suv's.
  • Options
    edited March 22
    The $10000 Niva he showed at the start looks the same as the one sold in Canada 20 years ago.

He is pretty funny. "Who needs airbags? You go down with your ship, just like a Captain!" :D His companion Evalina looks like how I would imagine a Russian spy/femme fatale to look.

Ladas sold here in the early '80s only because they were cheap. One of the selling points was that they are made with hot-rolled steel, but they still rusted just as badly as anything else if not worse. My cheapskate brother bought one new. It was indeed tough, but he soon discovered there were certain things that were impossible to fix. I recall carburetor icing was a constant problem, odd for a Russian product. It sounds like they are still using the same engine.

• Options
    @ab348,
    That line cracked me up too. :p
  • Options
    I saw what I think is a Mercedes EQS 580 4Matic sedan today.
    Also, what I think is a Hyundai or Kia 2 row electric CUV.
  • Options
    I don't know if it will be new, but I am really leaning toward a winter beater and funner car that hibernates in the winter now. Too stressful worrying about taking the nice car out in the evil salt and chemicals that rot them out up here.

Thinking that I should look at new trucks and hope for a decent lease deal. That would serve the purpose of utility truck, and drive in the winter knowing after 3 of them it goes back and is someone else's problem!

• Options
    edited March 27
    Took the wagon in for its 5 year service today, saw some new cars in the showroom while I waited. 2x S580 - both around 140K, an EQS580 SUV, I think 130K, a well equipped GLS450 at around 105K, a nearly zero option GLE350 at 63K, and a well equipped GLE450e at 85K, and a GLB35 AMG at something in the 60s. Talked with the salesman who sold me the wagon off lease 2 years ago, he mentioned the EQ cars are slow sellers here too. I forget the deal he mentioned, but I swear it was an EQS580 with a 130K MSRP on a 2 year lump sum lease of 12K. He also mentioned those cars have high insurance premiums.
  • Options

I can testify that the insurance on the EQ is ridiculous. Double what the XC90 was.

• Options
    The insurance issue is probably the battery. If you have an incident that damages the battery pack (sometimes it only takes a minor thing), they are typically unrepairable and in many instances that can cause a write-off of the entire vehicle. Hyundai Ionic owners have experienced that.

• Options
    edited April 11
    Followed a Lyriq for a while. Those droopy lower tail lights looked odd when lit:

• Options
    Saw another Santa Fe Defender, probably different enough to at least be an initial sales hit.
  • Options
    Tesla Truck

My first sighting in the wild. Had temporary tags.

This is a bigger screw up than Elon's Twitter purchase.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Yep, that truck makes the ‘Falcon Doors’ on the X a genius design in comparison.

• Options

A Santa Fe in my neighborhood. From the rear it reminded it of a Lada

• Options
    Saw a 24 Lincoln Nautilus. Wasn't sure what it was until I saw the spear on the side.
    Only saw the back and driver's side.
  • Options
    thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,217
    Two new Lucid Air’s out and about this morning in north Dallas. I’m starting to see a few of these in the wild.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
  • Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,735
    I'm debating attending the New England Auto show next week in the Boston Seaport area. There's a Lucid showroom a couple of blocks away, so if I go, likely I'll check stop by the Lucid store.
    Sat in one in California last year at an open-air mall, was impressed. But was dragged away by family (actually, they just moved on, not noting that I was still in the car!) before I could really start tearing it apart.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)