Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Toyota FJ Cruiser

Comments

• fj07fj07 Posts: 89
    She's got the seat cranked all the way forward as if she were driving. You can see her feet are on the pedals. Plus she has the seat back almost straight. I think it's good for short people because they can see they will be able to drive it. And I am sure with the seat back and reclined a touch it will be comfortable for people up to 6'-2" just like the Tacoma. She has pleanty of headroom in there and with the window going all the way to the roof it should be fine for taller people.
    As for the center arm rest where are you guys seeing that? :confuse:
  • hawmanhawman Posts: 19
    I've seen the blue, yellow, silver, and black. Has anyone seen the red? Where did you find the colors listed above? And I would think that tan or gold would be offered...anyone know facts on colors?
  • bpraxisbpraxis Posts: 292
    1. Atomic Sun

2. Voodoo Blue

3. Cherry Pearl

4. Black Metallic

5. Titanium

This information is from Toyota from a friend of mine that works at a dealer.
  • I see that there is no consul and I haven't seen any seats with folding down arm rests...my 14 year old son says, "so what Dad, get a box to rest your arm on"...Good attitude eh?
  • in the scion B the armrest is a dealer accessory. customer installs. wierd, i know.
    Toyota apparently has moved the expected arrival date of the FJ to late march...looks like we may be waiting a little longer than anticipated. :(
  • where are you seeing that at?
    work at a dealership...gm showed us toyotas projection this morning
  • Why don't they offer a dark green, like the Timberland Mica (formerly Imperial Jade Mica) that's available on the Tundra?

Toyota really shot themselves in the foot by not offering more color choices, IMO.

I still love the vehicle overall, however, and probably choose Titanium or Cherry Pearl (as long as it's not BRIGHT red). I still wish for a nice dark green, though...
    Yeah, I would dig an army green! Kinda dull.
  • Makes sense.

With the Rav4 coming out for X-Mas, and the NAIAS the next month, a Spring Launch is logical, with the Rav4 to draw traffic through typically slow Dec-Feb, and a new truck to trumpet for the first sales big month of the year. :)

When is the new HL coming? Fall 06? Spring 07? I would expect it before the Tundra.

DrFill
    Haven't gotten any word on new HL. The new Tundra is the buzz for next winter and kind of overshadowing any other news. I'll do some diggin though.
  • bpraxisbpraxis Posts: 292
    The color is now offered on the Scion vehicles.
  • I went in to my local Toyota dealer and asked if they could give me information on the new FJ Cruiser. Well, they guy looked at me like I was an alien. He had no idea what it was. He asked around and everyone was clueless. I told him he should check the Toyota web site.

It's funny that as a consumer (thanks to this forum, etc.) I am far better informed about this vehicle than the people selling it. At the same time it is pathetic that the dealership had not even heard of a vehicle that is supposed to be selling within 6 months.
  • lou62lou62 Posts: 9
    sounds like you must have walked into the Toyota of Visalia(ca.) dealership! Clueless...
    Regarding the FJ's color options,why no british tan? Come on Toyota...
  • fjjrfjjr Posts: 12
    Tan Tan Tan.....I'm keeping my fingers crossed, maybe they'll listen.The orange and Blue are too toy looking. The Cherry pearl/purple or what ever the hell color they're using to attract women belongs on a PT not and FJ. Silver or Black??----Silver Doesn't have enough contrast with the metal colored plastic accents to make them noticeable, maybe a good thing, and the Black with a white roof makes it look like a cop car. What am I going to do?---"They," said original colors like TAN would be in the launch for the 07 FJ.--Maybe someone in marketing for TOYOTA is surfing some of these sites for buzzzz???-------Ask for more colors NOW!
    I personally think that you are correct in assuming that the scion color is the same. However we could be suprised as the FJ has been said to offer "CHERRY PEARL" and the Scion is offered in "DARK cherry pearl." We'll see.
    I hope in the future they will fallow the Mini Cooper spirit and offer some crazy paint options. For example I saw a convertable cooper in blue with checker flag side mirrors. And of course they have the checkard roof option. Now I am not saying checker up the FJ but cool themes like that would be perfect on this vehicle. Maybe a Tan or Green FJ with a subtle camoflauge stripe running down the side? That maybe crazy enough to work? :confuse:
    I love it! Camo would rock!! I think this is gonna end up being a vehicle that people really want to personalize. I hope toyota gets into that and helps us out.
    Is anybody going to SEAM next week? More importantly did anyone win the FJ SEMA trip?
    I am unable to go this year to SEMA. But if you are going the South Hall Second level is where the 4x4 SUV & Trucks will be and Toyota has a huge spot in the middle of the hall against the wall. So please get some shots of the FJ and any info possible, hopefully they will have it open!
    We need info like expected arrival date, will the back suicide door windows open, & price range. And I guess we need shots of the center console and if there are arm rests. That's all I can think of right now.
  • 00120012 Posts: 8
    I would like to know the final color options and whether or not the driver's seat has a vertical adjustment among other things.
  • Good timing on your posts.
    I'll be at SEMA next week and I just logged on to ask if there are any specific questions anyone wanted answered.
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,726
    the SEMA trip. :-(

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

• I can't promise I'll bring my camara, The place is huge and I don't want to carry anything extra.

-Sale date and price
    -Colors
    -Rear door windows open?
    -Drivers seat height adjustment?
  • C'mon, how big is a digital camera these days? You don't have a photo cell phone either.

Lose some weight, get in shape and take some pics!
    And most importantly you first stop is: South Hall Second level is where the 4x4 SUV & Trucks will be and Toyota has a huge spot in the middle of the hall against the wall.
    And c'mon I took 500 photos last year for my client in two days. Yes the back and feet were killing but you have gotta hook it up with photos!
  • wow for all you guys that think this vehicle looks good should get your eyes checked. this vehicle is so ugly that it reminds me of the pontiac aztek. also if this would have a different name besides Toyota like GM or Ford, all of your guys would be saying it was ugly.
    I admit it's goofy looking but it grows on you. I didn't like the Element when it first came out but now I do. And I consider the FJ an Element on Steroids. Plus it is easy to look past the exterior when you are getting what is expected to be a great off road vehicle and affordable SUV. Oh and since I saw it at the Off Road Expo a couple weeks ago I have to tell you it is MUCH better looking in person! Now I am also liking the Xtera but I can probably guess you don't like that either. But I am giving the FJ a chance and can always fall back on the Xtera and have 4 true doors.
  • Ugly means repulsive, no? If you are looking at FJ and you feel repulsed, then so be it. But the majority, I believe, would find FJ quite good looking, or at least alright.

And FJ is not nearly in the same ugliness league as Aztek and, now, Subaru B9 Tribeca. What on earth were Subaru designers thinking? Someone parks a Tribeca on the street not far from where I live, and I see it several times a week. It almost never fails to strike me with its ugliness. The front looks like a face of some seriously hideous monster, who has a square mouth and square eyes 45 degrees above the mouth. Brrrrrr..... :surprise:
  • fjjrfjjr Posts: 12
    I don't think I'll buy one unless I can get it in Tan like the originals.---Anyone know how much it would cost for a new paint job on a truck like this???